PDA

View Full Version : ? About watching movies on t.v from the X

TideFan22
02-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Ok I got a couple of questions about using the X for watching movies on my T.V, 1,, is all ill need is a media player app like act1- rockplayer- realplayer etc? 2,, is there a certain way I have to setup the phone or the settings in the player app? 3,, is real-hdmi needed with whatever player I use? 4,, and does anyone know a good site to dowload movies from, preferably free cause I wont use it that much at all. Any help or info is appreciated

Sent from a Tweaked out Rubix

Roooler
02-27-2011, 02:29 AM
I cant really comment on anything were i dont give a flying crap about the HDMI output (even though i bought the chord that i regret)

BUT

DXF doesnt like talk about "FREE" stuff that you should "PAY" for ;) not trying to be tough or anything just watching your back :)

cruckus
02-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Just google for mp4 or mpeg4,avi,or look up mobile video codes and just download to your sd card then no just hook your hdmi to your phone and tv and you should be good

dvdcatalyst
02-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Ok I got a couple of questions about using the X for watching movies on my T.V, 1,, is all ill need is a media player app like act1- rockplayer- realplayer etc? 2,, is there a certain way I have to setup the phone or the settings in the player app? 3,, is real-hdmi needed with whatever player I use? 4,, and does anyone know a good site to dowload movies from, preferably free cause I wont use it that much at all. Any help or info is appreciated

Sent from a Tweaked out Rubix

If your files are MP4's they should play with the build-in Gallery app, which has HDMI output build-in. If you connect the HDMI cord, play the video in Gallery, it will display an HDMI icon. Tap on that, and voila.
If you use players like RockPlayer/vPlayer, you will need to use realHDMI.

As for free movies, try Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine (http://www.archive.org) it has a lot of out-of-copyright movies and tv shows. For new movies, just convert your own collection.

Dvan
02-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Download rock player of the internet it plays on most any type of file on your phone

1.23ghz/Apex 1.4

dvdcatalyst
02-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Download rock player of the internet it plays on most any type of file on your phone

1.23ghz/Apex 1.4

RockPlayer needs RealHDMI to use the TV-Out.

TideFan22
02-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanx for the replys, and im not trying to get out of paying, I just see no need to pay a big fee if im only gonna use once or twice, but your right

Sent from Rubix running some tweaked out sysctl.conf

gunner1982
02-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Do you have redbox in ur area? Their app is great sit on the couch browse for what u want and reserve it all right through ur phone and then just go pick it up

sent from my Liberated,OC'D, and never lookin back DX

TideFan22
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah but its a bit away,

Sent from Rubix running some tweaked out sysctl.conf