PDA

View Full Version : A2DP steaming with AUX jack

paboater76
02-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

I have an AUX jack in my truck but no Bluetooth. I want to be able to steaming via bt to my radio. was wondering what some of the good one's are that do not use FM transmitter. I want to be able to get in the truck the music start automatically using poweramp and vise versa when I get out of the truck I want it to stop. no wires :)

How about this one LiquidAUX™ Bluetooth® Car Kit - K33428US - Kensington (http://us.kensington.com/html/14484.html)

paboater76
02-27-2011, 07:36 AM
No one uses an A2DP device on here??

AdamTomaino
02-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I was just about to post this topic...new car doe not support A2DP:( Anyone? I have a AUX port....

AdamTomaino
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

I have an AUX jack in my truck but no Bluetooth. I want to be able to steaming via bt to my radio. was wondering what some of the good one's are that do not use FM transmitter. I want to be able to get in the truck the music start automatically using poweramp and vise versa when I get out of the truck I want it to stop. no wires :)

How about this one LiquidAUX™ Bluetooth® Car Kit - K33428US - Kensington (http://us.kensington.com/html/14484.html)
Just bought one off ebay for 17.99 + 3.99 shipping... Will post a review in 5-10 days!-AT

jloya
02-28-2011, 11:34 AM
if yuour car has an aux port you can purchase a bluetooth receiver that will plug into your aux...connect to that via your phone and bammm your good....however all album art can only be viewed on the phone....you can also only pick songs on your phone (not that bad)

when you get outta your car the music will auto pause

only other option that this is to replace the radio

paboater76
02-28-2011, 11:38 AM
I bought the same one EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190432282379&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1959wt_1139)

jloya
02-28-2011, 11:41 AM
I bought the same one EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190432282379&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1959wt_1139)

thatll do the job perfectly....now when someone calls your music will stop and their voice will come through the car speakers to

paboater76
02-28-2011, 11:41 AM
if yuour car has an aux port you can purchase a bluetooth receiver that will plug into your aux...connect to that via your phone and bammm your good....however all album art can only be viewed on the phone....you can also only pick songs on your phone (not that bad)

when you get outta your car the music will auto pause

only other option that this is to replace the radio

Yeah I have the car dock, so I only use the phone to view and switch music using poweramp. Thanks for the tip

paboater76
02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
thatll do the job perfectly....now when someone calls your music will stop and their voice will come through the car speakers to

Yeah I use the aux to aux now and when a call comes in it stops poweramp, rings over my truck speaker and I can answer from the phone. :) love it. I just cant stand pluggin and unluggin the aux cable every single time i get in/out of the truck.

jloya
02-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah I use the aux to aux now and when a call comes in it stops poweramp, rings over my truck speaker and I can answer from the phone. :) love it. I just cant stand pluggin and unluggin the aux cable every single time i get in/out of the truck.

haha I hear ya on that one...i Have a bluetooth stereo and man it makes it so much easier....passangers always have the wierdest look on their face when i touch my phone and the song in the car changes lol

ohh if you use pandora....when your bluetooth auto disconnects pandora will not pause....it just automatically starts playing through the phone speakers...can be kinda annoying

paboater76
03-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Well I received my dongle but i am having 0 luck with it.. I can get it to pair after several several attempts. once paired I cannot get it to connect. Does this have anything to do with running Liberty?

paboater76
03-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Well I bought one off ebay, it did not work (shocking right) it was a POS and would not pair with my phone no matter what I did.. I even restored to a stock ROM to see if that was the prob. nope. It was 23 shipped and the seller has agreed to refund. Well see how that goes (rolls eyes). But it will prob go down as a lesson to NOT buy crap from China.

Well, I bought the one I listed in my OP, It's made by Kensington (80 bucks) and it plugs directly into a cig outlet for power (nice). It has a short pigtail 3.5mm cable attached to the unit and it comes with an inline 3.5 to 3.5 adapter and a 5ft 3.5 to 3.5 cable. It paired right up with my phone and started steaming music in seconds. the sound quality is just as it was using AUX on my stereo to 3.5 on the phone. It also has a USB plug on it, so I was able to plug my car dock into it. So now just 1 cig outlet is being occupied by the Kensington and it provides A2DP functionality and power to my car dock (again, niice). So far I recommend this unit but it is on the pricey side.

The only draw back is that is takes a few secs once you get into the truck for the sweet musak to start flowing.. If I want it faster then just go into setting/BT setting/ and tap connect and done. I also made a shortcut on my home screen to BT settings.. So far it's a lot better than connecting and disconnecting an AUX cable every time I Get in/out of the truck. I hope this info helps the next person wanting to enable BT in their vehicle and steam music from their phone.