PDA

View Full Version : Apex 1.3 boot animation

patrick72
02-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Does any one have apex 1.3 boot animation.zip that they would post? Thanks in advance

Apex 1.4 OC

Gorgarath
02-26-2011, 11:35 AM
I can get it for you later today, my phone's almost dead, so don't want to go flashing 1.3.1 to pull it right now. Someone else was asking about it yesterday as well but I haven't gotten to grabbing it yet. (Was hoping to have someone else do it actually. :lol: )

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 11:37 AM
You don't have to flash it to get it. Just download to computer, unzip and look in either system/media or data/local.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 11:38 AM
You could even unzip it on your phone.

{{ WugFresh }}

Gorgarath
02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Hehe, I thought of that too, but haven't gotten that far yet.

Gorgarath
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Actually, I just looked and there's no bootanimation.zip in /system/media and there's no /data/local... Might need to flash this anyway.

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 12:05 PM
I just checked, apparently its in system/bin. But its just called bootanimation without an extension... weird, and now I am curious...

{{ WugFresh }}

Gorgarath
02-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I just checked, apparently its in system/bin. But its just called bootanimation without an extension... weird, and now I am curious...

{{ WugFresh }}

Took a real quick look at it and tried adding .zip to it, but it wasn't a valid zip file.

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Maybe when you flash it, somehow it will end up in one of the normal directories.

{{ WugFresh }}

Gorgarath
02-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Not sure, been out so the bit of charging I was able to give my phone has pretty much just kept it alive. Going to wait until I get at least 40% (yes, I know, charge to 100% before flashing, but I think I've only ever been at 100% once in all the times I've flashed, though I'm usually north of 50%) charge before flashing ApeX 1.3.1.

Just got home and got everything put away, so I'm going to try and get this flashable version of the boot animation I did for joehempel (for some reason, the manual steps aren't working for him, though they worked on mine, if you want to give the manual steps a try to test, feel free, don't have the thread handy right this second though) and maybe the no sound version (reason why only the no sound version coming up in a moment...) of the Xoom bootloader made before the Penguins game starts (this being the reason why of course) in a half hour.

I'll still be here a little bit during the game, but most of my attention will be diverted to the TV. :D

Gorgarath
02-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I flashed 1.3.1 but couldn't find where the animation was located, it wasn't in either of the locations it is supposed to be in. Thought maybe if you deleted the bootanimation.zip, it would be a backup or something, but it didn't work in 1.4.1. Got 1 more thing to try yet.

EDIT: Didn't work, not sure where to find that one. I'll give it another look tomorrow.

patrick72
02-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Thank you for all the help. Great work on boot animations.

Apex 1.4 OC

pguerr411
06-22-2011, 04:02 PM
does anyone know how to change the bootanimation on my DX, running Apex 1.3.1 ?? I put a bootanimation in /data/local ..didn't work. tried /system/media.. also did not work... What gives?

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thank you.

C Dippa
06-22-2011, 04:06 PM
does anyone know how to change the bootanimation on my DX, running Apex 1.3.1 ?? I put a bootanimation in /data/local ..didn't work. tried /system/media.. also did not work... What gives?

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thank you.

Put it in data/local and then change the permissions to rw-, r--, r--. Should work...

C Dippa
06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Unless it's a flashable zip...which one are you trying and where did you get it from? Any instructions there?