PDA

View Full Version : unknown artist or unknown album

jkicak
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
so, i have been dealing with this issue since i got my droidx and no matter what i do i can't seem to solve it. i have gone over all of my MP3 files with a fine tooth comb and made sure they are all 100% tagged correctly and i have about 50 songs that still show up as unknown artist or unknown album on the x. does not matter what app i use they still show up that way. if i edit the tag in say lithium it shows all the correct tag info but when i exit the tag editor it still shows as unknown. i'm at the end of my rope and i just can't figure it out. my wife's x does the same thing so i guess it must be an issue with android.

i have seen other posts about this but none of the info has helped me.

scottpole
02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Now im not 100 percent sure but I use player pro and I believe it uses its own tagging system as well as album art storage and such. Like I said I am not sure but try this. Granted it's not free but its a very feature rich music player and I've been using it for a long time.

Uploaded from my stock debloated X -_-

jkicak
02-25-2011, 04:25 PM
wow, i just picked up playerpro and i have to say that i'm VERY impressed with it! it still had unknown artist/album in there but all i had to do was add a random letter in the comment field of each one, click save and it actually fixed it. awesome player, thanks for the info!!!

chucklehead
02-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Try removing the files from the phone and restarting. Edit the tags on your pc and not the phone then load them back onto the phone. Make sure the files aren't marked read only also but check this from your pc and not the phone.

Also, 2 thumbs up for PlayerPro!

scottpole
02-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Awesome im glad you got it fixed and im glad I could get that dev another customer! Its very well worth the purchase imo.

Uploaded from my stock debloated X -_-