PDA

View Full Version : Rooting X with superoneclick

ajmazin
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Hello everyone, I recently rooted my droid x with Z4 root but unrooted it to test it out. Apparently Z4 root will not let me reroot it now no matter what I do. I was wondering if anyone could help me through the steps to rooting a droid x with superoneclick? Additonally, I have a mac so I'm not sure which drivers are needed.

Thanks!

Dustin0308
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP]SuperOneClick v1.7 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8532790&postcount=1)

here are the instructions..you could always sbf or maderstock and retry z4 root
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/root-any-android-device-and-samsung-captivate-with-super-one-click-app/

ill be back on later..i can walk you thru it or contact Droid-xer for help if you cant wait.

ajmazin
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Walking through would be awesome. :D I have bootcamp on my mac so I can go over to the windows side if that is easiest. Is it complicated to unroot it from superoneclick as well?

silver04v
02-24-2011, 08:03 PM
It prolly won't let you root cause the su icon is still there, send a factory reset is needed to rid it and then redo z4.

Swyped from my rooted, frozen, overclocked and undervolted DX

Dustin0308
02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
That I'm not sure of..did you follow roolers guide on unrooting...silver is right..is the su icon still there?

Walking through would be awesome. :D I have bootcamp on my mac so I can go over to the windows side if that is easiest. Is it complicated to unroot it from superoneclick as well?

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Droid-Xer
02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
You can't remove super user unless you're already rooted. You can flash maderstcok update zip to remove it then use z4 to root.

silver04v
02-24-2011, 08:27 PM
You can't remove super user unless you're already rooted. You can flash maderstcok update zip to remove it then use z4 to root.
Factory reset doesn't get rid of it? someone told me it did. How do you get rid of su without flashing anything if factory reset doesn't do it?

Dustin0308
02-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Here's the link for maderstcok
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html
If you can't get into bootstrap recovery then you will need to sbf
Here's the link to do that
http://roooler.wordpress.com/26-2/
Is this correct Droid-xer?

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Droid-Xer
02-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Factory reset wipes user apps. SU is a system app. You have to rename the apk before unrooting. Although I haven't had a problem rerooting after updates even with SU still there. Some phones are different.

ajmazin
02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
How can i tell if i still have su? I checked and i couldn't find it anywhere however there is a file on my phone called root but there is nothing in it?

Dustin0308
02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
It should be in your app drawer..also open up terminal emulator and type su..and hit return button and it will show # if you have su

How can i tell if i still have su? I checked and i couldn't find it anywhere however there is a file on my phone called root but there is nothing in it?

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

ajmazin
02-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I downloaded android terminal emulator and did as you said, it said su: permission denied. Additionally there is no icon in my apps drawer.

Dustin0308
02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Then you don't have it to my knowledge..did you follow roolers guide when unrooting..like did you rename or get rid of su
I downloaded android terminal emulator and did as you said, it said su: permission denied. Additionally there is no icon in my apps drawer.

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Droid-Xer
02-24-2011, 10:37 PM
The icon is the skull and crossbones.

Dustin0308
02-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Well if you don't see it then I guess proceed with oneclickroot..you can always sbf if need be later

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

silver04v
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Which terminal emulator is the correct one in the market, which dev name, to get to be able to delete su before unrooting?

Dustin0308
02-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Android Terminal emulator by jack palevich..that's what's on roolers guide

http://roooler.wordpress.com/rooting-droid-x/

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

ajmazin
02-25-2011, 01:19 AM
Android Terminal emulator by jack palevich..that's what's on roolers guide

Rooting Droid X roooler (http://roooler.wordpress.com/rooting-droid-x/)

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Thats the one i got. I'm pretty sure its gone, i even searched with astro. I guess ill proceed to do superoneclick and let you guys know how that goes. Do you know if over the air updates will automatically kick me out of root or anything?

Dustin0308
02-25-2011, 05:14 AM
OTA's will unroot you...keep an eye out for one..then reflash your backup..unroot properly...take the ota...then reroot. And make another backup...also this time..I would make another back up when you root with oneclick. Do it thru bootstrap recovery.
Thats the one i got. I'm pretty sure its gone, i even searched with astro. I guess ill proceed to do superoneclick and let you guys know how that goes. Do you know if over the air updates will automatically kick me out of root or anything?

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Dustin0308
02-25-2011, 05:23 AM
If you are on a custom rom, it actually won't allow you to take the ota I believe...or if you have removed any bloat..that's why you should make a backup after rooting

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Dustin0308
02-25-2011, 04:45 PM
How did it work for ya?

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

ajmazin
02-26-2011, 02:45 PM
It wouldn't install NET framework 2.0, said it already existed but I don't recall ever installing it unless it comes with bootcamp or when I partition the drive. I was thinking of doing method 2A of Multiple phones - Root them, unroot them - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/80208-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html). Thoughts?

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Just make sure you have the latest moto drivers (4.9) installed correctly; kill any unnecessary background processes... or prevent them from starting up in the first place by typing;

msconfig

In run and hitting enter. Go to startup tab and deselect any unnecessary apps... then select ok/apply and reboot.

Place superoneclick in a top directory like:
C:/superoneclick

Open with administrator privlages and before running, use control alt delete to go into task manager. Go into to applications, right click superoneclick, go to process, right click, set priority, above normal.

Also force close adb.exe with task manager before running superoneclick. Especially if there are multiple instances running.

If you ever have to force close superoneclick.exe, it will not stop adb.exe, you have to use task manager to kill the process tree.

Don't run any browsers or do anything when its running. Just enable usb debugging, put your phone on either 'charge only' or 'pc mode'. And hit root, and watch it happen. Wait for the message at the end that says it rooted and if you would like to test it.

{{ WugFresh }}