PDA

View Full Version : Wifi hotspot no longer working after update.

JawzSS
02-24-2011, 06:34 AM
When I first got the phone I proceeded to root it and enabled the free wifi hotspot feature. However, after updateing the phone (which I did through the "system updates" option under the settings app..which was probably a mistake).

How can I enable my free wifi hot spot capabilities again? thanks

lortay78
02-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Did you lose root?

JawzSS
02-25-2011, 05:42 AM
I dont think so.. i still have the superuser permisson icon in my menu? how would I know if i did lose the root?

Dustin0308
02-25-2011, 05:52 AM
There's an app on the market called root checker..you could do that to check for root

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Dustin0308
02-25-2011, 05:54 AM
you will need to get the mobile hotspot hack for the current update as long as you are still rooted..assuming you are on 2.2.1

When I first got the phone I proceeded to root it and enabled the free wifi hotspot feature. However, after updateing the phone (which I did through the "system updates" option under the settings app..which was probably a mistake).

How can I enable my free wifi hot spot capabilities again? thanks

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

JawzSS
02-27-2011, 07:19 AM
you will need to get the mobile hotspot hack for the current update as long as you are still rooted..assuming you are on 2.2.1

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

yea I am 2.2.1... how would I go about getting the hotspot hack for this update?

Dustin0308
02-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Here you go
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/13997-how-install-3ghotspot.html

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

JawzSS
02-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Here you go
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/13997-how-install-3ghotspot.html

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

awesome.. thanks for the help. I actually just downloaded the root checker program and according to the program it says that I have lost me root?? Did this happen when I updated my phone over the air? Like I said above I still have the superuser permission icon but the root checker indicates that I am no longer rooted.

So what should I do from here. Do I need to re-root my phone before I perform the steps in the link you have posted above?

Dustin0308
02-27-2011, 03:15 PM
The OTA will unroot you..try rerooting with z4..it may not because of the superuser icon. You need to root before applying flash hack because you do it thru bootstrap recovery...if z4 didn't work because if the superuser icon then try superoneclick. If that can't root you and you can't reroot them you may need to sbf.
awesome.. thanks for the help. I actually just downloaded the root checker program and according to the program it says that I have lost me root?? Did this happen when I updated my phone over the air? Like I said above I still have the superuser permission icon but the root checker indicates that I am no longer rooted.

So what should I do from here. Do I need to re-root my phone before I perform the steps in the link you have posted above?

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE