PDA

View Full Version : holster search

Soundscribe
02-23-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm looking for a holster. something that will fit when the droid is in its incipio silacrylic case. went to best buy but they didn't have anything that would fit when the droid is in the case.

any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

ScooterCat
02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
The Platinum Series Case DROID X Holster+Clip MXC20SB from Best Buy fits with the Incipio Silicrylic case on. Works perfectly!

Available on eBay for a lot cheaper than Best Buy.

B360155
02-24-2011, 08:53 PM
I agree with SC. I had previously purchased the BB Platinum series case before I discovered the Incipio and the holster from that case just happens to fit perfectly on the Incipio. Here's a previous thread I started that talks about the holster as well as some other accessories.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories/16647-my-case-dock-search-might-over.html

Another option is you can purchase the Seidio Innocase Surface Holster from Seidio's website as they sell the holster separately and it's the same holster as the BB Platinum (made by Seidio for BB). But again, I think SC is correct, you can purchase the Platinum case and holster cheaper on eBay.

Soundscribe
02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks Scootercat and B360155 for the tip.

@B360155 -- your thread is what inspired me to get the Incipio. In fact, I also got the Arkon car mount you recommended as well. I've got in the dash vent and it's working like a charm. I'm liking the Incipio case too.

On the holster, I went to BB and the guy looked at me like I had three heads. eBay is my next stop then.

Soundscribe
02-25-2011, 12:07 AM
k -- found one slightly used on eBay for $10 with free shipping. On it's way...

B360155
02-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks Scootercat and B360155 for the tip.

@B360155 -- your thread is what inspired me to get the Incipio. In fact, I also got the Arkon car mount you recommended as well. I've got in the dash vent and it's working like a charm. I'm liking the Incipio case too.

On the holster, I went to BB and the guy looked at me like I had three heads. eBay is my next stop then.

Whew! I'm glad you agree with my recommendations! Since you've followed in my footsteps, let me give you a heads up on a couple of things I've seen in other posts & reviews.

On the Incipio case, you'll notice that the hard shell back gets pretty thin around the upper corner where the camera lens is. I've seen others who have cracked the case in that area when they were removing the back from the phone. I've been removing mine from the bottom of the phone where the plastic is thicker and haven't had any problems. Good thing though is that people that have cracked theirs have all said that Incipio customer service is very responsive and will replace the back free of charge. I now have 2 Incipio cases as I liked the red/black so much, I picked up a black/black one too. Best case for my needs!

On the Arkon car mount, be a little careful when squeezing the arms into place to hold the phone. I had one break on me, the arm on the side where the release button is, got stripped (I opened it up and there's a little plastic wheel inside with teeth on it) so the left arm wasn't going in and out like it's supposed to. I found after I bought it in some reviews that a few others had the same thing happen to them. If you push evenly on both arms as you're closing it around the phone, you shouldn't have any problem. Also, if you favor the arm on the side opposite the release button, I think that's better as it seems to close easier. The problem occurs if you push mainly on the arm on the release button side. I returned it to Amazon and they sent me a new one before I even had a chance to return the damaged one to them which they even covered the shipping charges on. More great customer service!

Enjoy!

uhmat77
02-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Seidio Black Platinum Series Case for DROID X (http://www.emtcompany.com/todays-big-deal-of-the-day-sale.html)

Deal #5, has a clip too, its the one from best buy.

Soundscribe
02-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Seidio Black Platinum Series Case for DROID X (http://www.emtcompany.com/todays-big-deal-of-the-day-sale.html)

Deal #5, has a clip too, its the one from best buy.

Wow, that is cheap. BB charges what? $35?

gunner1982
02-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Just my opinion but I have had 2 different cases of the best buy branded cases the one that's just a hard case and the one that is like the otterbox defender and both are absolute crap so save yourselves the headache of returning and just get the otterbox defender its the best I been using it for about 2 months and I love it.

sent from the liberated droid army

cmurf70
02-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Cant beat this one....

Amazon.com: New Fashionable Leather Horizontal Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case with Belt Clip and Belt Loops Black: Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/Fashionable-Leather-Horizontal-Protective-Carrying/dp/B0038YYSN0/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1298812397&sr=1-3)