PDA

View Full Version : After Root

scuson
02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
I rooted, backed-up, froze a few apps (AdService, Amazon, Blockbuster, CityID, FM Radio, FMRadioSerivce, Kindle, Madden, Magic Smoke Wallpaper, MediaShare, News, News and Weather, Skype, Sticky Notes, Swype, Weather, VZ Navigator). I installed JuiceDefender (free) and use Default Setting. My problem is that my corporate email (on push) doesn't come to my email often and sometimes random as heck. My Yahoo! email is almost instance sometimes and other times not. I've sent hundreds of test emails in the last 2 weeks and can't find a pattern or setting that makes any sense out of it. I love the extended battery life but can't use it if I'm not going to get my emails. Every 15 minutes would be fine but not missing them for hours until I open the email app and it forces sync.

Any ideas? PS - I unfroze VZ Navigator a while ago because I read that might be the problem but no luck. Of course I've rebooted, batter pull, airplane mode on/off, uninstall JD, reinstall JD, remove email account, reinstall email account, only sync'd 1 month of email on second install instead of full history.

Thanks in advance. I'm about to uninstall and just charge my phone more...

Musicman
02-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Try using k9 email. Its free in the market

Sent from my liberated DX

scuson
02-23-2011, 01:53 PM
It's not the email app I'm worried about. I want to know how/why JD does what it does and isn't it supposed to be letting my email come through? The stock email app works perfect w/o JD on...

mikeinrichmond
02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
I found that JD was more trouble than it was really worth, and instead bought the OEM extended battery +20%, and underclocked the phone with Quickclock Advanced from the Market. Loading a custom Rom like Apex can also increase battery life over the stock setup...

(Swyped on the go..)

Gorgarath
02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I found that JD was more trouble than it was really worth, and instead bought the OEM extended battery +20%, and underclocked the phone with Quickclock Advanced from the Market. Loading a custom Rom like Apex can also increase battery life over the stock setup...

(Swyped on the go..)
+1 I didn't give JD a good testing, but just went with QuickClock instead. Looking to get the extended battery as well maybe next week. Still working on tweaking my QuickClock settings as I just started playing with it today.

scuson
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Yea I'm thinking about going that route. I have the extended battery which helped. JD does work for extending the battery life (25% - 50%) depending on use. I just can't trust it to allow my emails to come thru. i have to reboot or toggle airplane mode on/off even after closing JD to get the data to work normal again. Honestly, if I car dock my phone to and from work it lasts just fine w/o JD.

THanks for the input. Will look into QuickClock Advanced and maybe a ROM but I'm skaret to do that! lol