PDA

View Full Version : Search Button Activating Voice Search While Phone is Locked Which Drains Battery

bighedstev
02-20-2011, 08:25 PM
I keep hearing the voice command prompt come up that it can't recognize what I am saying. The problem is that the phone is locked and in my pocket when this happens.

I've tested it by pressing the physical search button while the screen is off and the phone is locked and it turns on the lock screen and starts listening for a command. After a minute or two of listening, it gives an error sound. I unlock the screen at this point and see a suggestion box for what it thought I was saying. This is happening all the time throughout the day.

I'm running Darkslide 4.2 ROM at the moment. This has happened with Liberty 1.0 and a Fission ROM I was running as well. I never noticed it happening on stock.

Any one have any tips to make this stop? It's killing my battery in just an hour or two...

TheFandroid
02-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Have you tried restoring your old ROM (stock maybe?), then wiping data before you install new ROM again?

knic1590
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
The exact same thing happens to me its been doing it the past 2 days and its enough to drive you up the wall. I wish I was rooted no matter what I do my phone wont root otherwise I would just delete the app it is completely unessesary.