PDA

View Full Version : lost root

mikeytoth
02-20-2011, 06:42 AM
For some reason I lost the ability too reroot my device. I was rooted before but my phone got mucked up somehow. Maybe it was a bad app I downloaded. But my kid accidentally. Turned the z4root on and derooted my x. Ever since then it wont reroot itself. I had to do a factory reset to get it working again but z4 wont let me reroot the phone. Tried it like six times to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

mikeinrichmond
02-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Have you rebooted already? Some times that will then allow you to try again and be successful..Try pulling the battery as well, then rebooting. You could also uninstall/reinstall Z4. There are other ways to root, but Z4 is the easiest..If you still can't get it to go, here's a link to the other methods:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/12081-rooolers-guide-root-unroot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html#post106940

mikeytoth
02-20-2011, 08:38 AM
I pulled the battery 3 times and also rebooted several times. Also removed the z4 app and rebooted and reinstalled it and nothing. Finally just factory reset it and still cant aquire root from z4 at all.

mikeinrichmond
02-20-2011, 08:53 AM
I pulled the battery 3 times and also rebooted several times. Also removed the z4 app and rebooted and reinstalled it and nothing. Finally just factory reset it and still cant aquire root from z4 at all.

What Android version and System version are you on?

mikeytoth
02-20-2011, 09:06 AM
2.2.1 and 2 3 3 4 0

TonyOKC
02-20-2011, 03:37 PM
had z4root previous to upgrade, after upgrade would not work, and I tried EVERYTHING. I reinstalled from the links on this forum, and got nowhere. I will not even try to esitimate the amount of hours I spent.

As a last ditch effort, I downloaded it again, but from a site not on the list here.

The file there, although the same name, is 3 k LARGER, and WORKED the 1st time!

Don't know whats going on, but all I can say is that the larger file worked for me.

Tony

mikeinrichmond
02-20-2011, 03:49 PM
2.2.1 and 2 3 3 4 0

That's good. In the worse case scenario, you can do an SBF with the latest version, which will be like having a new stock phone. Then try Z4root again...But we'll save this for last...

Have you had the chance to try the other methods first?

Here's another method that wasn't in the Guide. I just used it last night as a test and it worked fine..

xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP]SuperOneClick v1.6.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8532790&postcount=1)

mikeytoth
02-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey, the super one click worked great. Thank you much for the insight!!! now I can get all my su apps back on! Again, thanks!

mikeinrichmond
02-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Glad it worked out for you! Now go get Bootstrap and make that all important backup before doing anything else... :)

1KDS
02-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Nice Mike, bookmarked for future linkage