PDA

View Full Version : Best extended battery

Dustin0308
02-19-2011, 01:55 PM
I know there are multiple threads on here about these extended batteries..but which one seems to be treating people the best? I would like an extended battery with a battery cover and one to where my rubber glove-like case will fit over it or where i can buy a case for it. Right now i get about 16 hrs with moderate to heavy use on my standard battery but i would like to actually be able to leave my wall charger at home for once. Any help would be appreciated and any pics would be great..i know there are some batteries out there that make the phone look huge and im looking for one that isn't that bad but still gives pretty good battery life. Also how would i get the phone to recognize the battery and the battery level? Thanks.

Dustin0308
02-19-2011, 03:51 PM
anybody?

spodoc
02-19-2011, 04:55 PM
I think you are not getting a response because there are already threads on dxf that cover this with pix. Besides most have not tried any battery other than stock or moto ext batt. Anyone who has the monster batteries has weighed on on the other threads.

spodoc
02-19-2011, 04:57 PM
That said motor extended plus rom gets me through the day and fits in my pocket and cases

I heard you had to reboot with the large aftermarket batteries because the phone wont recognize them half way through a charge

kpiskin
02-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I still think the Motorola extended battery is the overall best alternative. All the stock accessories still fit when you use that battery and the added usage time is very noticeable.

Dustin0308
02-19-2011, 06:22 PM
I knew there were already threads on this..as I stated in my OP..but I'm seeing if any other batts have came out..plus I can't go thru all of them..thanks btw
I think you are not getting a response because there are already threads on dxf that cover this with pix. Besides most have not tried any battery other than stock or moto ext batt. Anyone who has the monster batteries has weighed on on the other threads.

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

mikeinrichmond
02-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Yes there are quite a few, esp the knock-offs from China on Ebay..be careful...

I run the Moto ext battery, works perfectly..I think Seidio has some larger batteries, but the back end start to look ridiculous IMO..

Like this:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/mikeinrichmond/extbattery.jpg

spodoc
02-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Deleted what I wrote. I think I'm in a cranky mood tonight. Op, I hope you find the battery you are looking for. If I have time to search the threads and report back here, I will.

Dustin0308
02-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks man...no problem i understand the cranky mood part
Deleted what I wrote. I think I'm in a cranky mood tonight. Op, I hope you find the battery you are looking for. If I have time to search the threads and report back here, I will.

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Dustin0308
02-20-2011, 07:27 AM
How long of a charge can you get on your battery?

Yes there are quite a few, esp the knock-offs from China on Ebay..be careful...

I run the Moto ext battery, works perfectly..I think Seidio has some larger batteries, but the back end start to look ridiculous IMO..

Like this:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/mikeinrichmond/extbattery.jpg

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

mikeinrichmond
02-20-2011, 08:03 AM
How long of a charge can you get on your battery?

Just to clarify, that's the giant Seidio and NOT my battery...LOL...I'm running the 1800 mAh OEM Moto extended battery and get about a 20% bump over stock..Plenty to get through the work day even with moderate to heavy use at times. Never have to plug it in at work anymore. :)

RedBank
02-20-2011, 08:05 AM
I purchased the Moto extended before my phone even arrived. I have used it ever since...and keep the stock battery juiced and in my car "just in case". However...I rarely have to use it.

It is literally 1mm thicker with the included battery door...and fits in my Moto cradle wo a problem too. I use a hybrid tpu case which also does not have a problem with the ext battery either.

Dustin0308
02-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Are these other batteries recognized by the phone?

Just to clarify, that's the giant Seidio and NOT my battery...LOL...I'm running the 1800 mAh OEM Moto extended battery and get about a 20% bump over stock..Plenty to get through the work day even with moderate to heavy use at times. Never have to plug it in at work anymore. :)

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

mikeinrichmond
02-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Yea, folks seem to be satisfied with them overall, but you'll have to hack up a case to get it to fit, and forget about the Moto cradles and multimedia docks etc.., all of which support the Moto ext.battery however...

Dustin0308
02-20-2011, 08:37 AM
I have a rubberized glove case..I'll put two slits on either side of the battery lol..so i won't get that ? at the top of my screen with the other batteries?
Yea, folks seem to be satisfied with them overall, but you'll have to hack up a case to get it to fit, and forget about the Moto cradles and multimedia docks etc.., all of which support the Moto ext.battery however...

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Cigmanfroyd
02-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the info! Where is the best place to purchace the extended bat (oem moto one)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dustin0308
02-20-2011, 11:58 AM
im wondering the same thing...
Thanks for all the info! Where is the best place to purchace the extended bat (oem moto one)

mikeinrichmond
02-20-2011, 11:59 AM

Got mine from the VZW store because we get a 25% corporate discount on accessories.. :) You may be able to find it cheaper online, just beware of Ebay, lots of cheap Chinese knock-offs floating around...

Dustin0308
02-20-2011, 12:03 PM
thanks..also does the phone automatically adjust to the new extended battery when displaying the charge level? ive heard that you may have to get an app to get the proper stats for this..just trying to clarify on here

Cigmanfroyd
02-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks!

JDW
02-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Extra Capacity Battery BH6X for DROID X (1800 mAh) (http://www.store.motorola.com/Extra-Capacity-Battery-BH6X-DROID/dp/B0041SJVDY?ie=UTF8&prevPageletDesc=DP%3AAccessories)

Is where I got my Moto BH6X 1800 mah, but there was a code a while back to get it and the door for 29 bucks. Looks like 80 now. Maybe if you search here you'll find it, I think I found the code here in the first place.

It's a bit better than original. Still dies in just half a day, lol... where these guys get days on an OEM I don't know. Not my experience. But, I use my phone a lot. Or, something is pulling it down, dunno. The screen seems to be my biggest hit, and it's always at 30%.

I want the gorilla, but it's out of stock on their website now that I just went to buy it, lol...

Dustin0308
02-21-2011, 06:17 PM
I know man..any idea of when it could back in stock? They do have some on ebay but you can't always trust ebay lol

Extra Capacity Battery BH6X for DROID X (1800 mAh) (http://www.store.motorola.com/Extra-Capacity-Battery-BH6X-DROID/dp/B0041SJVDY?ie=UTF8&prevPageletDesc=DP%3AAccessories)

Is where I got my Moto BH6X 1800 mah, but there was a code a while back to get it and the door for 29 bucks. Looks like 80 now. Maybe if you search here you'll find it, I think I found the code here in the first place.

It's a bit better than original. Still dies in just half a day, lol... where these guys get days on an OEM I don't know. Not my experience. But, I use my phone a lot. Or, something is pulling it down, dunno. The screen seems to be my biggest hit, and it's always at 30%.

I want the gorilla, but it's out of stock on their website now that I just went to buy it, lol...

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

JDW
02-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Just looked at my post, the moto extended is not 80 now, duh, it's $50, my typo. Prolly find that code somewhere if you look.

No idea about stock on the gorilla. Has been in stock for a whle and I finally just decided to pull the trigger, and of course it's out of stock now, lol... I might even dremel an opening in the back of a hard case for it, lol...

Ebay.... Are there any gorillas? there seems to be several 3500, 3600, 3800... They worry me in the way that the phone might not recognize or something. Hence me staying OEM, Seidio, or with a recommended choice like this gorilla that seems to be working for people. Just sick of getting 4 hours out of this.

itaa55ass1n
02-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I have the gorilla gadgets one and it's been great, I had to download another app so the phone gets the right percentage, but otherwise its been great, and it doesn't really make it look bad. It looks real bad in the pics though lol

Dvan
02-22-2011, 07:03 PM
I have the gorilla gadgets one and it's been great, I had to download another app so the phone gets the right percentage, but otherwise its been great, and it doesn't really make it look bad. It looks real bad in the pics though lol

Ditto on that. I can get about 40 hours on a full charge on my gorilla battery(weekday with idle time at work and sleep)..and I would consider myself a very heavy user. I use it so much I actually wore this battery from full charge to compeletly dead last weekend in only 14 hours lol...

1.23ghz/Apex 1.4

Dustin0308
02-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Its I stock now...I ordered one two days ago..go to gorillagadgets.com

Just looked at my post, the moto extended is not 80 now, duh, it's $50, my typo. Prolly find that code somewhere if you look.

No idea about stock on the gorilla. Has been in stock for a whle and I finally just decided to pull the trigger, and of course it's out of stock now, lol... I might even dremel an opening in the back of a hard case for it, lol...

Ebay.... Are there any gorillas? there seems to be several 3500, 3600, 3800... They worry me in the way that the phone might not recognize or something. Hence me staying OEM, Seidio, or with a recommended choice like this gorilla that seems to be working for people. Just sick of getting 4 hours out of this.

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

TideFan22
02-25-2011, 12:10 AM
I have the seidio 2600mah, and its been great also, I like the Batt door also that comes with it and I like the way it feels in my hand over the stock one

My X has been orangesliced!!

JDW
02-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Weird, I just ordered one too, but it was showing out of stock for the last 3-4 days till just this morning.

Its I stock now...I ordered one two days ago..go to gorillagadgets.com

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

LordRalh3
02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
The GG 3500s are AWESOME, I bought two of em....I could go 4-5 days of good use without being near any power at all. If only the trident kraken had a mod to where it fit on the gg.

Dustin0308
02-26-2011, 12:15 PM
How long did you have to calibrate it before it started working properly..I'm using battery left

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

shawn
02-26-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm using a 3800 from ebay I'm getting around 30+ hrs till it drops to 5% but then I run at 5% for about another 10 hrs before it dies and that's heavy usage geuss I lucked out hearing a lot bad reports on ebay batterys

MY APEXED BWC DROIDX 1.3ghz

LordRalh3
02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I put the gg battery into my x without ever having turned it on before. I had about a 40% charge on it to begin. Started setting up my phone and then played games untill it went completly dead. Slow charged it from computer usb, untill it showed full, then plugged it into the wall to get that extra boost from the fast charge for about two hours. Then I battery wiped and proceeded to drain the battery completly. Once it was drained again I fast charged it while it was on with games running. Let it sit on the charger for two hours after it said full and then I repeated one more. Now I keep it charged up. I pull my x off the charger at 6 go to work from 7 to 7 and by the time I'm home at 8 i still show 70% after 14 hours,i send several hundred texts a day, I'm on facebook at least a couple times an hour, and I also mess around on youtube alot. These batteries are the best there are and I love what they add to the x, I just wish I could put it into a kraken without mutilating the case as I live a life that the x can't handle naked

Teleported from my own X rooted, rollin on liberty 1.5, and overclocked.

JDW
02-28-2011, 03:04 PM
I have the gorilla gadgets one and it's been great, I had to download another app so the phone gets the right percentage, but otherwise its been great, and it
doesn't really make it look bad. It looks real bad in the pics though lol

What Battery APP is everyone using with the GG's? I just got mine in the mail :) I dig it, other than I can't lay the phone on the table and push the buttons on the phone without holding the phone or it flips the phone up etc.

Dvan
02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
What Battery APP is everyone using with the GG's? I just got mine in the mail :) I dig it, other than I can't lay the phone on the table and push the buttons on the phone without holding the phone or it flips the phone up etc.

I used battery left but it would never be really accurate .I just learned to know how much juice the battery has left. I can actually drain this gg battery from full to zero in only 12 hours....yeah I use it a lot lol

1.23ghz/Apex 1.4.1

Hollywood272
03-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Will the gg battery still fit in the home or car docks?
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Dustin0308
03-12-2011, 08:23 PM
no they wont fit. lol.
Will the gg battery still fit in the home or car docks?
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App