PDA

View Full Version : Made a few mistakes while trying to get Liberty 1.5

True308assassin
02-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to try liberty 1.5 but I think I made a few mistakes. I can not get any of my contacts to come up. everything else is working ok.
I was wondering how i can get my phone back to stock form to try this again. I think I would like to start from scratch, due to the fact that i think i messed some other stuff up trying to figure things out. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Droid-Xer
02-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Did you make a backup before installing liberty?

True308assassin
02-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Yepp I did that, but I dont know how to "roll" it back to that.

Droid-Xer
02-18-2011, 10:41 PM
follow my how to in my signature. click on bootstrap and follow my restore procedure.

True308assassin
02-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Thank you so much, that worked and now I am back where I started. But is there a reason why my contacts did not transfer over, just so i know for next time. Thank you agian

Droid-Xer
02-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Before you do any ROMs or switching anything open contacts press menu key, then export/import and esport your contacts to your sd card. Then after you rom or whatever you just import the contacts the same way.

gunner1982
02-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Shouldn't your contacts auto backup to ur Gmail account I know mine do that's why when u first start using the new rom it ask you to sign in or create a Gmail account before u can even do anything else

sent from the liberated droid army

mikeinrichmond
02-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Shouldn't your contacts auto backup to ur Gmail account I know mine do that's why when u first start using the new rom it ask you to sign in or create a Gmail account before u can even do anything else

sent from the liberated droid army

Yes, these directions are for the folks that don't use Gmail, and utilize Yahoo, Hotmail etc..or use the VZW Backup assistant to store contacts...

I just think it's so much easier to let Google do it all, but that's personal preference. :)

The persuader
02-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Quick question R-I-M

My Email accounts are set-up and receiving Emails...but when I hit the Email Icon its tells me to Set Up the accounts which they are already....Thats the only Issue I have...Important one tho its my work emails...this is what happen the first time I D-loaded ApeX 1.4...Theirs got to be an Icon so i can review my messages...

Thanks Buddy...I have tried everything...

mikeinrichmond
02-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi Bubba..I'll check for you...

Open the email app and hit the hard menu key to goto Accounts...Are all your accounts there?

The persuader
02-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks M-I-R...

This is really Weird...Check my Post on "I am Stuck" you will see the dialogues...

The persuader
02-19-2011, 12:33 PM
M-I-R...

It keeps asking me to Set-up my accounts...That is Done..LOL...Receiving but don't know where these message are going...I know their There....Hidden under one of those Icons...

The Old Saying..."Can't get There..From Here yaa"

mikeinrichmond
02-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Go in the app drawer, how many email icons do you have Bubba?

The persuader
02-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Just One...

My Accounts show everyone is set-up fine...Is their a way just to Re-Install Email even tho their there..?

mikeinrichmond
02-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Just One...

My Accounts show everyone is set-up fine...Is their a way just to Re-Install Email even tho their there..?

Try going into the Settings-Applications-Manage Applications - All then go to Email, hit force stop, then hit clear data, then go back out. Go back into the app drawer and resetup the accounts and hopefully that will do it...

You can also try setting up the corporate accounts through the Gmail app if this doesn't work.

The persuader
02-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Nope...

Didnt work...How do I fine the Univeral Box...I bet'cha all 3 accounts are in there...

mikeinrichmond
02-19-2011, 01:54 PM
I can't remember if ya tried this already, but do this: Settings->Accounts what accounts are showing?

The persuader
02-19-2011, 02:05 PM
There all their...I cant access them...Gmails are working fine..Both Emails are set up...If I can get the Univeral box...I bet their all there...LOL

mikeinrichmond
02-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry Bubba, I'm out of ideas on how to get this to work. I don't know if it's Apex, or something frozen with TiBu, or what... :(

The only other suggestion I have is to download the free app K9 from the Market, it's a 'Universal Inbox' program, and setup your accounts through that..Wish I had better advice to give...

Droid-Xer
02-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Or also try switching to the blur messaging apps. Worst case...reinstall the rom and don't restore email

The persuader
02-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks DX'er

Everthing is their just cant Access...When thru every Icon in App Draw looking for anything...

Well...do I go back to 1.3 first then reload 1.4?

Thanks Buddy..You're Awesome...

Droid-Xer
02-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Just install 1.4 again.

The persuader
02-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks...

Why would everything be in the system but cant access...Just so I know...Its running Great...No Issues...I love 1.4....but It doenst like me...LOL

Have an Awesome Day

The persuader
02-20-2011, 10:33 AM
M-I-R

Hey I do appreciate what you've tried...really...Just dont understand why everything is there and cant Access...The messages are their but Where:wink:....anyways Thank you very much...I am sure its happen to others...

Thanks Have an Awesome Day

Droid-Xer
02-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Not sure bubba. Maybe its conflicting with the built in email app. Just throwing out ideas. You should be fine as long as you don't restore the email accounts now.

The persuader
02-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi DX'er...Hope your having a good Day...

>>>How would I check to find any Conflicts with Emails Apps in my Phone...? I am back to ApeX 1.3 having no conflicts with Set-ups or Email Issues...
>>What would be the differents between ApeX 1.3 vs ApeX 1.4 with Emails Set-ups...:thinking:If DD said, Its the same process to load any ROM...why is it for the Second Time not working...I followed his Instruction to a tee...I watched his Video many times...did the same with ApeX 1.3 as I did with ApeX 1.4...

Buddy... I am looking for Ideas to resolve too...LOL...It shouldnt make a Differents with Email Set-ups....:confused:

Why would ApeX 1.3...which I am back to AGAIN work with No Email Issues at All...when I load ApeX 1.4... the Emails will not work...Oh they work...but I can not Access to review...I just dont get it...

I've just Refreshed a New Download of ApeX 1.4 and Deleted the first one I downloaded on February 14th...Hopefully this will work...

Just trying to resolve this situation...By the way....This 1.3 I have now...Is Awesome...I am anixous to try 1.4 for at least a Month before I try another ROM...

Its Bubba

mikeinrichmond
02-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Hey Bubba, glad to see you have it going on the backup of Apex 1.3 at least..

There have been a lot of changes to this Rom which may have affected the emails, we just don't have enough data yet to know if it's a minor glitch or not yet..If it is, I'm sure Fabolous will be looking into it..

It could also be something about Titanium Backup. If you are game to try again, I'd recommend not using Titanium Backup at all, just let the apps download from the Market, and see if you can get it working right. If it does, then we know it was something in TiBu that was causing the problem...

Keep us updated Bubba, and have a great rest of the day buddy! :)

The persuader
02-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks M-I-R for the Info...

I've read some of the Speed Bumps going on with ApeX & Ti Bu...I dont want to sound like Im a Tech Guy...Not...but things were not making sense when Implementing the Protcols for Installation...

Yes, I will keep you posted Captain M-I-R...LOL....I will give it a rest for a couple of Days before trying it again...:thinking:...As crazy as this may sound... I Enjoy the Hunt and the Challanges to Resolve...and I don't know "Jack-Outhouse" about what you Guys Do...All I can say...You Guys are Incredible...:banana:

Theirs an Icon for Wicked to make "Jack-Outhouse"

Its Bubba

Droid-Xer
02-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Ya bubba I would also recommend a fresh install of apex 1.4. Only use TiBU for apps that you need data like a game or something. Otherwise let the market autodownload your apps.

The persuader
02-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Thanks DX'er...
Have an Awesome Week...:wink:Thanks for all your help too...I will keep you posted when I Re-flash 1.4...Probably wont be until the end of the week...I need my Emails...Its a Work thing...:smile:

Hey get some Sleep...Will have to change your Avatar to "Night Owl"

Droid-Xer
02-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Alright Bubba. We'll be here. Night owls not a bad idea!

mikeinrichmond
02-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Alright Bubba. We'll be here. Night owls not a bad idea!

How about Night Owl Ninja...lol...Now if someone could make it so that it jumps/flys around, you'd be set.. :)

[http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/030/e/9/robot_ninja_owl_by_petersimon-d31qryf.png

Droid-Xer
02-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Nice! Im liking it!

The persuader
02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey...if it flys or Jumps around thats wouldn't be like...
Flipping the Bird would it.

It's Bubba

Droid-Xer
02-21-2011, 09:50 AM
That's true bubba! We can't have any one flipping the bird here!

The persuader
02-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Naaay...
that would never happen here or in our life time...

It's Bubba

The persuader
02-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Awesome...

The Owl with Rolling Eyes...and just Feather Flutters...

Nice Colors...Maybe some Eyebrows for the Wisdom look...Nice Fine...LOL