PDA

View Full Version : droid x Kraken case.

NoxImus
02-18-2011, 11:22 AM
So I just got my red kraken case, and I must say so far I like it. It just looks plane amazing, and seems to fit the phone very well. I do find it hard to hit the space key sometimes, but I have large thumbs :/... there are just some small things ill have to get use to, but it seems to be well worth it for this case (notifications bar pull down, space bar, and using more pressure with my fingers.) Has anyone else have long term use with this case? How does the included screen protector hold up?

cynkrzy
02-18-2011, 11:36 AM
I used 1 for a couple of months. It worked great, at least until I put it in my pack with something metal that scratched the screen protector. But under normal use with a little care it should be fine. I ended up switching to something a bit lighter and easier to remove so I could use my Motorola Car Dock easily. But the Kraken is a great product

NoxImus
02-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Now all I really need is the holster for it...

dropd1us
02-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I like it . I ordered a all black case, with extra blue skin due to the posts I've read about the color of pics tinting due to the flash... Also I ordered my girlfriend a all black kraken along with a purple and a white skin for her HTC INCREDIBLE. They both seem to fit great.. I'm waiting on the holster for the X to become available again. they were sold out of the holsters for the x last week.. It took like 3 to 4 days for the 92.00 order to arrive using usps... I have been using a otter box defender with holster. The screen protector on it and the holster is way better in durability... I've already gained a few scratches on screen protector on my kraken case for my x just from in the pocket with other things rubbing up against it.. The otter box defender has been face first in the gravel, bumped, and buried in snow accidentally due to my lovable 3 year old twin girls that tried to take a picture of the grass buried under the snow to see if it was there still lol...

So far I think that the outer box is tuff... like a GLOCK, AK-47, or a REMINGTON marine mag 870 12ga.. if you know anything about firearms, you will know what I'm talking about lol..

I did also install the supplied camera and flash protector too.

Being that I have the black shell, there is no issue with the pics or quality using flash or not.

Girlfriends kraken case on her htc incredible is perfect.. Even though she will not allow me too remove her 20.00 invisable shield screen protector lol. So she has bubbles but it all works fine though lol.

As of right now, I rate it a 8 of 10...
The dust filters and tightness of this case is nice.

Hope I havent rambled to much, just wanted to put in my 2 cents

swyped from droid x