PDA

View Full Version : Safe to use the My Verizon App?

paboater76
02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Curious to know if it is "safe" to use the My Verizon App to track minutes and data usage? I have the 3g hotspot hack and the no throttle hack..

Thanks

Backnblack
02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
It's as safe as any other app....It just shows you what VZW already knows...

Gorgarath
02-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I use it from time to time, but find it annoying as most of the time when I go to check, I'm on WiFi and can't. So now I just dial #DATA instead. Not worried about minutes since I don't really use them. Only people I really talk to anymore are on VZW.

maybish
02-17-2011, 02:10 PM
I use it mostly to pay my bill!

sent from Mays Rockin X!!!

Gorgarath
02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
I use it mostly to pay my bill!
I wish I could use it to do that. But my phone is a company phone, and in no way linked to my wife's phone, so it won't let me pay her bill from it. And hers is always on WiFi at home (didn't spring for the unlimited data plan :lol: ) so it won't launch on hers when I want to pay the bill.
(We do get a discount having her phone in my name since I'm in education.)

paboater76
02-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the replies, I just wanted to be safe.

OSDroid
02-17-2011, 03:27 PM
I use it just to see my data.
I don't use the minutes, but the rest of the family does.

My bill is auto billed, so I don't even do that.

Better question is has anyone gotten "in trouble" with VZW? If so, what did they do?

Gorgarath
02-17-2011, 04:33 PM
I use it just to see my data.
I don't use the minutes, but the rest of the family does.

My bill is auto billed, so I don't even do that.

Better question is has anyone gotten "in trouble" with VZW? If so, what did they do?

Being that I'm on what is considered a government plan, our rules are a bit different in terms of what our caps are. But I've yet to get in trouble for tethering with PDAnet on my old WinMo phone when I'd run up 7 GB or more of data. I don't often tether at all now which is somewhat amusing considering I can do it over WiFi now instead of a USB cable like I did then. About the only time I can see tethering anymore is on road trips if the wife wants to use her laptop or connect her DS to the net.

OSDroid
02-17-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm more questioning what VZW does if they find that we have Rooted and Rom'd.

mikeinrichmond
02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm more questioning what VZW does if they find that we have Rooted and Rom'd.

The only way for them to find out is if you take the phone in for warranty work. And we have fixes to put you back to stock as well so they would never know, so no worries.. :)

OSDroid
02-17-2011, 04:59 PM
I understand that, but just wondering with they would do.

molesta
02-24-2011, 12:49 AM
I understand that, but just wondering with they would do.

They wouldn't "do" anything at all. They would tell you that by rooting your phone you voided your warranty and you wouldn't be able to get a new one (if that's the case) unless you bought a new one. As far as the usage of data, I'm not exactly sure. You pay for unlimited data but if you have the data throttle hack they may realize you're phone isn't being throttled after 5gb therefore most likely voiding your contract. Im not sure what that would cost or do to you, but I really wouldn't worry as there are now A LOT of people doing what you're doing. What's vzw gonna do? Throw you in jail for joining Droid x forums haha? Well they might try but they'll fail. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App