PDA

View Full Version : Camera button on side of phone not working

GunnerT
02-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Rooted, running Rumm Rd. Started messing around with NinjaMorph to replace some stat bar icons. Now the camera button on the side of the phone no longer works. I don't think anything I've done could caused it to stop working...any ideas? I'm thinking its a hardware issue....which if it is, I am still within 14 days of purchasing so I'll go get another.

lthelwpn
02-16-2011, 06:13 AM
I had the same thing happen, mine was a hardware issue. Returned it with no problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CrAsH_OvErIdE
02-16-2011, 06:18 AM
I had the same problem, hardware. I turned the phone over and smacked it on the palm of my hand and, it works again. Weird!

~Monkey see monkey do~

GunnerT
02-16-2011, 06:55 AM
I had the same thing happen, mine was a hardware issue. Returned it with no problems.

Were you rooted? I don't know if they'll take it back because it voids the warranty.

cynkrzy
02-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Just restore the stock rom remove bootstrap and un root. Remove z4 and they'll never know. Mine failed at two months, replaced no question asked. They're are instructions for removing bootdrap here

Liberated(v1.5) from the "X"

Droid-Xer
02-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Just restore the stock rom remove bootstrap and un root. Remove z4 and they'll never know. Mine failed at two months, replaced no question asked. They're are instructions for removing bootdrap here

He can't restore with a broken camera button. All you can do is go in and play dumb. Or best bet is call VZW and have them ship you a replacement. They normally send the shell of the phone. You use your sd and battery and ship back your shell.

GunnerT
02-16-2011, 02:37 PM
He can't restore with a broken camera button. All you can do is go in and play dumb. Or best bet is call VZW and have them ship you a replacement. They normally send the shell of the phone. You use your sd and battery and ship back your shell.

I was wondering if he read the thread... I mean I'm new to the X, but I had a D1 and had lots of fun with it. I managed to use maderstocks 2.3.340 update.zip to get it back to looking stock, I'm going to uninstall all of my goodies and see if they take it back.

cynkrzy
02-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Oops fingers are faster than brain. What's that about a little bit of knowledge...op how did you get the.zip installed?

Droid-Xer
02-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Ya how did you install the zip. I know for some the home button works to select like the camera button.

GunnerT
02-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Clockwork was still working and I have bootstrap. Just had to find a .zip file, I only had the sbf

Edit: I just reread my original post, forgot to mention I had clockwork...my bad

GunnerT
02-17-2011, 01:14 AM
I did return it and got a brand new X

cynkrzy
02-17-2011, 09:38 PM
How could you use clockwork without the camera button?

CrAsH_OvErIdE
02-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Use the 4 front buttons and volume controls?

<<(^_^)>>