PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Streaming Audio Problem

kpiskin
02-15-2011, 08:21 AM
My phone has been working great with my Sync system for the past six months, however yesterday when I tried to use Pandora, I couldn't hear any music although the app was running. I also tried my mp3s and had the same issue. However, I am able to make bluetooth calls. I've tried resetting my phone a number of times. I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix this. I am wondering if there is a chip failure, but it's perplexing why phone calls would work and music would not all of a sudden.

noXcuse
02-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Stupid question. Is the bluetooth media volume turned up? Media is separate from call volume. Try using the volume buttons on the side of the phone while streaming music.

Sent from DarkSlide 4.2

kpiskin
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
No I verified it was up all the way as well as the volume on the stereo.

kpiskin
02-16-2011, 09:00 AM
I guess I have a hardware failure issue, maybe there is two sides to the bluetooth chip, it doesn't make sense that I can make a phone call with bluetooth but can't listen to music.

Snow02
02-16-2011, 10:08 AM
If you long press your bluetooth headset in bluetooth settings when connected you can choose options and make sure its connected for media as well as phone.

kpiskin
02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I went into those settings and phone and audio are both enabled.

Sent from my DROIDX

Snow02
02-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Have you tried a different bluetooth device? I would to make sure it's actually the phone.

trancedroid
02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
un-pair and re-pair? have you tried that.

kpiskin
02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I did all that. After using my daughter's DInc and having the same issue, I decided to contact Sync tech support and they said it is a problem that happens every once in awhile. all you have to do is pull the fuse for Sync in your car then re-install it. I reconnected the phone via bluetooth and voila bluetooth audio was restored. So apparently something within Sync get corrupted over time and the only way to clear it is to pull the fuse. Fairly stupid if you ask me but at least it's repairable.