PDA

View Full Version : Blur 3.4.2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Xersized
03-23-2011, 05:49 PM
I dont have access to one. Can I just wipe data for factory reset? Do I have to SBF to get back to .340? Stuck in a rut and cant trouble shoot....got work to do. Any suggestions?

WugFresh
03-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Open the superoneclick folder, right click in empty space, create a new text document and open it

In the text document, paste the following code:

PATH %PATH%;%~dp0;c:\windows\system32
TASKKILL /IM adb.exe /F > NUL
START /REALTIME SuperOneClick.exe

File > Save As.. > Use the pull down file type menu > All Files (*.*) > enter oneclick.bat for the file name > Save
So at this point, your new bat file is now sitting in the same directory as the SuperOneClick.exe
Disable UAC if you haven't already: Start menu > type uac > enter > use the slider to set it to never > ok > don't restart yet if it prompts you
Open Start Menu and type in msconfig
Goto the startup tab
Deselect everything except CORE processes - you want the absolute minimum running processes that could interfere, this means no antivirus, no..anything...
Press Apply, Ok , Restart now, let it restart, it will pop up a menu saying that somethings have been changed... yadayada... check "don't show me this again" , OK
Don't open any browsers or any programs
Open superoneclick folder
Double click on your oneclick.bat
This will kill the adb server if its running for whatever reason (it shouldn't be since you just rebooted.. but I included it anyway), and it will launch superone click with the highest priority
connect your droid... make sure usb debugging is enabled, pcmode/charge only (you can try both if it doesn't work... or even usb mass storage..)
ROOT
Wait... and hopefully it will work

{{ WugFresh }}

Xersized
03-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Just reading this. I saw adb.exe running in background and i am running a program to kill my background programs as im typing. I will try this in a bit, looks little complicated by when im done cleaning the PC, ill give it a go. Thanks bud....I know where to go if any questions!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum

Xersized
03-23-2011, 11:52 PM
My man Wug, I HAVE ROOTIFICATION!!!!! You are a TOP notch MAN. I would love to give all the THANKS to you, but the issue was still the drives. I dont do any programming, and my ADB interface was not recognized......what a minor problem in the grand scheme of my troubles today. i downloaded Java, then SDK files and then getting ADB on windows to prompt my S@#$&T to recognize my phone. Trial and error, what a day! Thanks againg for your support WUG. Your a cool dude.

WugFresh
03-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Sweet! I'm glad you got it going! I never thought about java helping... thats interesting... for future incidences I am curious about what type of java you installed... JDK, JRE, both? And with the SDK did you install it with the exe or zip? Did you move SuperOneClick into the SDK tools folder or something? Just curious how exactly you got it to work. Happy you think I was helpful :) but it seems like you were the one to really figure it out, so bravo sir! I remember how fustrated I was when I couldn't get root on the leak.. the evidence is in this thread, there are a bunch of posts earlier on by me which documents my struggle... I kept failing at getting root for some reason.. so I totally understand where you are coming from. It's really nice when SuperOneClick finally goes through.. lol, I remember feeling so relieved.

{{ WugFresh }}

Xersized
03-24-2011, 07:48 AM
I just followed these directions....helped tremendously!!!!

How To: Setup ADB on Windows 7 64bit (Should also work on 32bit) - Droid X Support/General - AllDroid Public Board (http://alldroid.org/default.aspx?g=posts&t=862)

Godrik1210
03-24-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't know what im doing wrong im trying to use superoneclick but it keeps hanging on "waiting on device" then nothing how long does it take to recognize it? And im also doing all the steps for enabling and disabling usb debug so I don't know what to do SOMEONE HELP!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

WugFresh
03-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Did you read the last 5-10 posts? I just assisted Xersize with the same problem. Please try all the suggestions already mentioned first and then report back. If its working it should go right away. My guess is your problem is with the drivers or adb.

MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe (http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
03-24-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't know what im doing wrong im trying to use superoneclick but it keeps hanging on "waiting on device" then nothing how long does it take to recognize it? And im also doing all the steps for enabling and disabling usb debug so I don't know what to do SOMEONE HELP!!!

Also, you don't need to the toggle anything. Just enable usb debugging, plugin, root.

{{ WugFresh }}

Godrik1210
03-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I installed the sdk (took forever) and the moto drivers still hangs on waiting for device

routzong
03-24-2011, 08:33 AM
I thought only SuperoneClick worked for this Rom. Has there been an update to Z4root so that it works with 3.4.2 now?

My bad man!!! I think I was remembering using Z4 once I went back from this ROM. SuperOneClick was the way I had to use to root the Blur 3.4.2 ROM... So sorry for the confusion, I hope I didn't cost you to waste too much time!

WugFresh
03-24-2011, 08:44 AM
I installed the sdk (took forever) and the moto drivers still hangs on waiting for device

Did you try my advise with writing the batch file and disabling startup processes?

{{ WugFresh }}

Xersized
03-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Godrik, is 1click freezing and saying not responding when it just sits there? Also what mode is ur phone in? I didn't realize my problem until I placed my phone into usb mass storage & my pc said drive was not recognized.

Godrik1210
03-24-2011, 12:18 PM
One click is not freezing it just stays on waiting for device and dosen't go on. And my phone is in usb mass storage.

I've also created the bat file and killed all startup programs restarted clicked the bat and still hangs. How long is it supposed take to recognize your phone and what mode should it be in?

Xersized
03-24-2011, 12:28 PM
No more than a few minutes.I had mine in PC mode and charge mode, try both. Are you sure your phone is being recognized by the PC?

Snow02
03-24-2011, 12:29 PM
charge mode or mass storage, debugging enabled.

Godrik1210
03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
I get all green checks for drivers on win 7 but in pc mode it dosen't load adb for some reason but in mass Storage it does

Xersized
03-24-2011, 12:54 PM
have you tried it in charge only mode? Are you clicking on the one bat or the superoneclick.exe after I got everything working I used the one click.exe instead of the bat file.

Snow02
03-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Debugging only works in mass storage or charge only. I use charge only, but either should work fine.

joshw0000
03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Try toggling all modes and install drivers for EACH mode. You can test to see which mode adb works in (different X's work in different modes) by installing Android sdk, CD to the tools directory of sdk, and type adb devices. If it sees your device you'll get a strand of numbers/letters identifying it. Mine is recognized in charge mode, usb mass storage, and seldomly in sync mode.

WugFresh
03-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Whats the status update on this... still a no go? Do you have access to a x86 (32bit) machine... I know in theory it should work on x64... but honestly.... I switched to x86 when I was having issues and it worked first shot. You could run a VM if you don't have another machine...

{{ WugFresh }}

drewlamo1
03-24-2011, 08:06 PM
odd, adb can see my device in pc mode.

i had a problem a bunch of problems with rooting 3.4 when it was first release and one step i took was i uninstalled the motodrivers. plugged in the phone with 3.4 on it debugging off and switched to mass storage so the driver installation pops.
im pretty sure its the same version from before but it helped in my conquest.

there is also different versions of superOneClick, 1.6.5 didnt work for me and i ended up using this one i found on xda
Special version SuperOneClick:root froyo/2.51 easily! - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=913709)

i know in 1.6.5 i had the program hang when i would run through the cycles because adb wasnt killing properly.
with this particular version it doesnt do that on my pc and it usually roots on its 2nd cycle through.
win 7 64bit im on btw.

ive had to sbf backwards a few times and this version always reroots my device np when i do it.

good luck to you

edit: 64bit is a pain the arse though, to this day i still cannot get rsd to work on it. i actually dualboot my pc with a 32bit windows xp OS just so i can use rsd lite lmfao

blueis300
03-24-2011, 08:59 PM
can u use this as a base and load liberty1.5? I cant get into clockwork anyhow lol

WugFresh
03-24-2011, 09:05 PM
No. A ROM is a base.. you would need a ROM built off the new blurr which there currently aren't any. Consider the new blurr a ROM in itself.. a new stock ROM. Check this thread out for some information on how it all works:
How to Optimize Battery Life & Speed (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/14714-how-optimize-battery-life-speed.html)

Sorry you can't get into clockwork.. are you using the D2 version?

{{ WugFresh }}

KStylez
03-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Shyte....ive been paroosing through this thread for hours now and just when I seem to have a question I find the answer! You guys are awesome, thnx! But somewhere in the 78 pages things have gotten a little cloudy. So pretty much its: flash 3.4.2 with BS > Reset to factory > Root w/oneclickroot > install BS D2 and go from the there like flashing any other ROM? Or am I missing something? Other than battery life what benefits is there? I get around 2 days on a charge anyways...

WugFresh
03-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Well your right except the flashing ROMs part.. this is the ROM, you can theme it, tweak it.. ect. Benefits.. umm... newness... lol. I personally think the 3G Hotspot is more solid.

{{ WugFresh }}

KStylez
03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Ahhh yes the newness...its very nice! I'm gunna try this a little later

WugFresh
03-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Its also a good excuse to run stock ROM without being lame. Lol!

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
The only problem with this build is there is no video recording profile higher than qvga. I'm dealing with it until gb gets here.

KStylez
03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
I guess my amateur video production might suffer but o well...lol

ejgilkey
03-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Its also a good excuse to run stock ROM without being lame. Lol!

{{ WugFresh }}

Lol, it does feel a little lame running what everybody else is running. I'm pathetically nerdy.

On another note, my phone up time is at about 162 hours right now. No rom I ever ran had anywhere near the stability of stock roms.

fersayken2
03-25-2011, 07:05 PM
That is hard to believe ej!!!!

fersayken2
03-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Whats ur secret?

Snow02
03-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah, this rom definitely reboots less than any of the .340 roms.

ejgilkey
03-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Whats ur secret?

No secret, I rooted and froze the stuff I dont need in TB. Ive been using it pretty heavily the whole time. As much as I appreciate the work of the rom devs, they dont have the ability to test enough to work out the kinks like a manufacturer does.

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Did you ever figure out the perfect build.prop. for market and 3G hotspot..? I kinda abandoned that.. is that still not done yet.. I was thinking of going back to new blurr tonight anyway.. I could do that I suppose..

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-26-2011, 05:15 AM
No I never did figure that out. I may have time later today to play with it though.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I just wish the camcorder worked right. Anyone have any idea on a fix? It says "Camcorder setup file corrupt. Defaulting to qvga resolution" when switching from the camera to camcorder mode. And the settings don't have any other resolution options. Qvga is not what's hot.

I tried installing the blur camera over it and no change.

As much as I love the stability of this build, I'm going back to stock if I can't find a fix. It's not that I use the camcorder all the time, but if I come across a must-use moment and all I can use is 320x240 I'm going to be pretty upset.

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Flashing the blurr cammera should technically work.. because it's called
Cammera.apk

And in the new blur its called
BlurCammera.apk

So it shouldn't overwrite it.. is it not showing up in your app drawer?

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Maybe you misunderstand. The camera works perfectly fine. Yes, I have camera and camcorder in the app drawer. When opening the camcorder, it says the camcorder configuration file is corrupt, as stated above.

I tried installing the blur camera through the liberty toolbox (I kept an older version that will run on any rom), and that didn't change anything.

I've already tried reflashing to see if the deodex was the issue, and it's not.

So, anyone else on this build, does your camcorder work in anything except qvga?

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I understand exactly what your saying. What I am saying is that if you effectively flashed a the blur camera from 2.340, then it should show as two separate camera and camcorder icons in your app drawer because it is essentially and entirely different app.

The one on new blur is actually not a standalone, it relies and on blur framework and is called BlurCamera.apk whereas the blur camera one from 2.340 is called Camera.apk, so when you flash it, it shouldn't overwrite the new one, but give you two new apps. That's what I am saying.

Try flashing one that I repackaged.
cammera.blurr.zip (1.29 MB) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5OZV4NO6)

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Cool. Will do. Brb.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 02:19 PM
That did not work. I flashed it, no change. Renamed the new blur camera (blurcamera.apk) to .bak and rebooted. No camera in the app drawer at that point. So I flashed your file again, still no camera in the app drawer. There is now a camera.apk in system/app, and that would not install manually either.

Any other ideas?

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 02:32 PM
You checked it's permissions right?

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 02:34 PM
What happens when you push the camera button?

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Yes I checked permissions. Pressing the camera button vibrates (hard coded I'm sure) then nothing opens.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
I guess I'm going to decompile both apks and see what I can see. I don't know.

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Thats probably your best bet. That was gonna be next suggestion.. I know that you are a problem solver. Do it up.. and if you get fustrated... take a break and come back to it. It's gotta be in there... your guess is as good as mine.

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I'm going for a quick fix first. I just pulled all the camcorder smali files from the old package and dropped them in the new one. Rebooting now. Heh, there's no way it'll be that simple...We'll see. They changed several files, so hunting down the problem may prove difficult. In all likelihood, it's just not a finished product, and it may prove unresolvable.

I'm going to spend an hour or two on it, if it doesn't work, no biggie. I'll just run .340 for a few weeks until gingerbread drops.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Hah, yeah. Camera works fine, camcorder fails to open. Figured. Anyways, if I find a fix I'll post it.

trenton
03-26-2011, 03:25 PM
800th

Snow02
03-26-2011, 03:58 PM
800th

Hah, 801st there actually...

Snow02
03-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Got it. Here's a flashable zip.

Blur342CameraFix.zip (http://db.tt/PFbtWZx)

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 04:34 PM
You did it! What was the trickery? Props snow.. I will rebundle it into the deodexer... and then for those who are already on it they can flash yours. Sweet dude!

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-26-2011, 04:48 PM
The content is essentially (likely exactly) the same as the file you posted, but the cert and manifest files weren't right.

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 04:56 PM
ahh... where did you pull the right ones from? (so this isn't modified BlurCamera.apk ... its Camera.apk packaged differently in the update.zip?)

{{ WugFresh }}

falcon9094
03-26-2011, 05:01 PM
I tried the zip now my camera won't open

Sent from my DROIDX

Snow02
03-26-2011, 05:09 PM
I tried the zip now my camera won't open

Sent from my DROIDX

Try wiping your dalvik cache. You can either delete everything in data/dalvik-cache then reboot, or do it from clockwork in the advanced menu.

Note the reboot after clearing dalvik takes a couple minutes - so don't worry if it sits at the boot animation longer than normal.

falcon9094
03-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I figured that much

Sent from my DROIDX

Snow02
03-26-2011, 05:10 PM
And if that doesn't work, go into system/app and rename blurcamera.apk to blurcamera.bak and flash it again.

Or you can just pull the apk out of the zip and copy it to system/app and fix the permissions to rw-r--r--, wipe dalvik, reboot.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 05:18 PM
But it should work fine, I just flashed it on another X, without doing any of that and had no problems. So I'm curious as to what you did differently.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 05:24 PM
ahh... where did you pull the right ones from? (so this isn't modified BlurCamera.apk ... its Camera.apk packaged differently in the update.zip?)

{{ WugFresh }}

The camera.apk meta-inf files were for a blurless rom, which is why it wouldn't install (no moto signature). I unyaffed one of my old backups and pulled it from there.

falcon9094
03-26-2011, 05:34 PM
I flashes it like other zip's and it just gives a black screen when I hit the app and then goes back to the home screen

Sent from my DROIDX

Snow02
03-26-2011, 05:45 PM
What rom are you on?

falcon9094
03-26-2011, 05:56 PM
This blur 3.4.2

Sent from my DROIDX

Snow02
03-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Sorry, that was probably a silly question.

But like I said, I just flashed it on someone else's phone, and it worked fine. So there's something wrong unrelated to the file unless someone else replicates your problem.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Did you try renaming the blurcamera.apk in system/app and then flashing again?

falcon9094
03-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I gave up and restored a backup

Snow02
03-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Sorry you had an issue. I just downloaded it and flashed it again in case it was an issue with the upload, but all is still well. So I don't know.

falcon9094
03-26-2011, 08:20 PM
It's all part of the game. Now I have to figure out why bloat freezer won't work I'm hoping that will be easier

drewlamo1
03-26-2011, 10:39 PM
is the camcorder a problem on everyones 3.4.2? because i have zero issues with it, works fine with all the different record settings.

im deodexed and all that jazz, got honeycomb theme etc..

also though i will add that when i 1st rooted 3.4.2 the wugport deodexer wachamagiggy wasnt out yet so i just used the old xeous... program to do it.

and not the newer version 2.2.2 or w/e version , just the 2.2 version.
i left my phone plugged in and it went off without a hitch.

hope this info helps at all lol just not sure if the camcorder is a universal problem for everyone when mine works fine.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
That's why I asked. I don't know. It was an issue for the two phones I flashed it on. Both of which are now fixed. :shrug:

drewlamo1
03-26-2011, 11:01 PM
ok lol well mine has 0 issues that im aware of with all the stock applications. i changed my build.prop to get swype working, and my mobile hotspot app works but i guess im not seeing all of the market apps because of this. other then that everything else works.

Snow02
03-26-2011, 11:17 PM
You changed the build.prop and the hotspot app still works? Bull. We've already established that breaks the hotspot app.

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 11:20 PM
But the market doesn't work. Meaning the hotspot is governed by only one entry. Could you please post your build.prop.

{{ WugFresh }}

drewlamo1
03-26-2011, 11:39 PM
here you go , i did have a bunch of problems at first cause of swype not working, i even deleted it and just downloaded the beta version from their site. This caused me to have problems themeing it so i then tried a version on this thread which did make the stock version work properly but the hotspot app went dead.

so i believe all that is changed with this build.prop is the very first entry with the build id being VZW with no other changes. i did mess with the fission app for a minute but i couldnt get it to show up in the app drawer even though it was in /system so i deleted that as well and just put the stock version back in ( was renamed .bak so i put it back to .apk ) and all has been well since.. But im sure im not seeing some apps in the market but i cant really even confirm that since all of my paid apps are showing, just basing that off what other people have said

edit: i confirmed before uploading that the hotspot worked lol, and swype just to make sure lmfao

drewlamo1
03-26-2011, 11:45 PM
also i do have the tbh hotspot hack in effect, in case that matters at all.

edit: hit me back with a yay or nay if that worked for ya, be odd if it doesnt though of course lol

kirbnite
03-27-2011, 10:57 PM
About the camera, have you tried renaming the 3.2.340 camera to be the same name as the one from 3.4.2?

Snow02
03-27-2011, 11:11 PM
I fixed the camera. But I'm on gingerbread now. I can't see myself going back unless this proves impossible to root.

WugFresh
03-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Rooting will happen... FreeMyMoto leader aliasxerog is working on patching a previous exploit in so that old root methods will work.

I think the good old 3.4.2 has had its moment in the spotlight.. and now is being upstaged by GB. Fairwell new blur, hello new new blur.

{{ WugFresh }}

Valle
04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Doesn't work. I've tried several different downloads and it aborts every time.

mikeinrichmond
04-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Since GB versions are out now, I'm going to close this up to avoid confusion down the road...