View Full Version : Blur 3.4.2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks wug!

Sent from my DROIDX

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Is there anything that I can check for that is unique to this ROM but won't interfere with your edits?

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
If you don't know just send me a copy of your tweaked build.prop and I can figure it out from there.

{{ WugFresh }}

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
I flashed back to before edits

Sent from my DROIDX

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Added all build.prop files to the OP.

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 07:07 PM
I flashed back to before edits

Sent from my DROIDX

It should work then, but regardless I should release a new one for everyone else. I feel so silly that I didn't see that comment... lol.

{{ WugFresh }}

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
I tried the deodexer before and after edits....not sure what you mean by it should work then..

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Oh... ok.. sorry, apparently it worked for some after a fresh install.. if it's not working for you now it's my fault regardless. I need to release a new one.

{{ WugFresh }}

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Ok wug ...you are the best.

Sent from my DROIDX

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Did everyone leave?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I guess I don't have to deodex but that means I can't theme right?

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Sorry, I have midterms, I was out studying. I will post a no check deodexer asap.

{{ WugFresh }}

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Take your time wug. Get them grades!

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Wug, you sound like a pretty intensely dedicated guy. What are you studying in school and what are your hopes for your career?

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Thank you.. dedicated to what? School or android... lol... the on going battle between project and side project...

I'm studying Biomedical Materials Engineering as an undergraduate and am also working towards a Master in Business Administration. My plans for my career/life...
1. I want to be on the forefront of the business end of biomedical materials engineering sales and production and/or manage a private biomed materials R&D company.

2. Assuming phase one goes well (I know those aspirations are rather grand) utilize any capital gains from my primary business venture to independently fund two major web based and software based business plans I have been brewing a comprehensive strategy for over the past five years; business plans I would drop out of school for in a heartbeat and launch now if had enough capital to actually make it past the breaking point within the first fiscal cycle, unfortunately, right now I have approximately zero dollars and will remain a broke college student for a while I presume.

3. Assuming phase one and two to go as planned (that's kinda a major stretch..), I will completely deviate from the norm of the elitist structure perpetuated by capitalist society, and use most of my money to do fun loving hippy community goodness and fund as many music and art festivals as I possibley can.

And if all fails, I will just live life to fullest, try and meet lots of good people, enjoy lots of good music, and try and do something good for society.

That is my life plan...

Well... that was rather off topic and kinda personal... I guess your the OP...

On topic, I will post that deodexer within the hour (or sooner if this internet uptime wasn't so slow.... its killing me...)

{{ WugFresh }}

DroidXJay
03-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Just finished all steps concluding w/build prop edits, and all is well & backed up via nandroid, but my fonts are a god bit smaller than I'm used to, can you remind me which lines I'm editing to enlarge this?

ejgilkey
03-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Just finished all steps concluding w/build prop edits, and all is well & backed up via nandroid, but my fonts are a god bit smaller than I'm used to, can you remind me which lines I'm editing to enlarge this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oh damn, I forgot about the lcd tweak. One or two of those has lcd set to 190. I will fix as soon as I'm able! Sorry!

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 06:33 AM
No build.prop check DeoDexer for new blurr 3.4.2 as promised.

LINK PULLED

Sorry for the delay..

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-01-2011, 08:50 AM

Its around the 42nd line in the file:
ro.sf.lcd_density=240

Stock value is 240, I change mine to 190.

tagyourit
03-01-2011, 09:32 AM
No build.prop check DeoDexer for new blurr 3.4.2 as promised.
Blurr_3.4.2_DeoDexer.new.wug.zip (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HNDBQQ6)

Sorry for the delay..

{{ WugFresh }}

Been trying to follow this. What does the new DeoDexer do? Does it deodex and put the correct build.prop for the market?

I've flashed 3.4.2 and just finished rooting. I have some apps not showing up in the Market.

What order do I need to do things? I want to fix build.prop, but I also want to deodex.

joshw0000
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Been trying to follow this. What does the new DeoDexer do? Does it deodex and put the correct build.prop for the market?

I've flashed 3.4.2 and just finished rooting. I have some apps not showing up in the Market.

What order do I need to do things? I want to fix build.prop, but I also want to deodex.

I think it deodexes but does not look at build.prop. Some people were having problems using his deodexer because they modified build.prop and his deodexer didn't like those changes.

Correct me if I'm wrong Wug.

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Correct

{{ WugFresh }}

tagyourit
03-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Got it, thanks.

For the Swype and Market fixes, it looks like if you want the new Swype and you want it to work, you use the existing 3.4.2 build.prop, slightly modified.

If you want Market to work, you have to use an old .340 build.prop.

So it's an either/or scenario? Not one build.prop to rule them all?

ejgilkey
03-01-2011, 01:31 PM
I wondered that myself. Havnt tested it, but I would think using the .340 build.prop would make Swype work as well. If you try, let us know.

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah.... swype beta has been around for a while.... before 3.4.2, that's for sure. I am almost positive that you can use it. The problem with the new blurr was getting any swype to work at all, that's why the beta was used.. but it should definitely work on .340.

{{ WugFresh }}

fersayken2
03-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Wug.........didnt you say earlier to just flash the deodexer. Do I have to mount system or something? I cant get it to work. Always gives me a "bad" error. I have downloaded several different times so I know there is nothing wrong with the file. It has got to be something I am doing wrong.

fersayken2
03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
How big is the zip?

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 04:23 PM
It's 55MB. I am on Fission, not new Blurr... So I never tested the new one.. but I understand the script.. It should work, if it doesn't then maybe I overlooked something....

{{ WugFresh }}

fersayken2
03-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I had bad file....dled again and was able to install..but then I got stuck on m....any ideas?

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Thats not good. Battery pull, factory reset... sorry. That shouldn't happen.

I know that my first one works after a fresh install... so I don't think I should have altered it much. I am uploading a new one that checks for the product device
"ro.product.device"== cdma_shadow"

I am assuming no one is changing that...
This one will guaranteed work. Again my apologies for the last one.. that one really should work.

{{ WugFresh }}

fersayken2
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Should I wait a long time at m? 5 or 10 minutes?

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I think once your stuck your stuck... battery pull wait a minute, then try a factory reset... worst case scenario you have to sbf... which I would feel really guilty if you had to do.

{{ WugFresh }}

scottpole
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I would try to factory reset in stock recovery and wipe cache too. Like wug said.

Uploaded from my stock 3.4.2, rooted, frozen bloat X -_-

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah.... sorry.. wipe cache too. I really have to go though... can someone else walk him through sbf if he needs it. If you are screwed I feel personally responsible so just email me at my user name @gmail.com if you need assistance. I will take care of it if I have to. I pulled the link.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Here, this is how it should have been made in the first place

Blurr_3.4.2_DeoDexer.new.wug.2.zip (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FU67W1K0)

{{ WugFresh }}

Breezer23
03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I tried porting over the Honeycomb Theme but all the text was black :-(

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Text coloring issue is one I am aware, will aim to resolve it in the next release.

{{ WugFresh }}

Breezer23
03-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Sexy time! ;-)

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 08:24 PM
@fersayken2; please let me know if you got it resolved, I won't sleep knowing I caused someone's phone to get stuck at boot logo. Please give me peace of mind, I feel super guilty...

{{ WugFresh }}

cvhovey
03-01-2011, 10:11 PM
For anyone who might be interested: Themes For Stock 3.4.2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11765419&postcount=1)

fersayken2
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Sorry wug....been on the road for 5 hours...the world needs more people like you. You are a great person. I had to sbf about a month ago so I know how to do it. I just booted into stock recovery and wiped data/cache. Im good to go. Im about to try the new one out. Should I wipe when I flash deodexer?

WugFresh
03-01-2011, 10:20 PM
No, just flash it normally. But honestly, maybe you should restore a backup or reflashed new blurr first.. because maybe my failed deodexer, like half deodexed you or something... or did something we didn't want. I suppose it doesn't matter because the new one will overwrite it anyway... I just don't want you to have a failed one again.

If you have a backup.. restore that first, then flash the new deodexer. If not, just flash the new deodexer, it should work.

And thank you on your compliments. But that was literally the first time I induced someone else's phone to freeze on them. I certainly felt guilty, glad you were comfortable dealing with the problem.

{{ WugFresh }}

scottpole
03-02-2011, 04:31 AM
Has anyone had issues on the stock launcher with folder names changing back to folder when you reboot??

EDIT: OK weird its not doing it anymore. It did it once when I rebooted and once when I battery pulled and I just did both and folder names stayed the same. Not sure what was happening.

scottpole
03-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Also you can download the 2.3.340 from tbh it is an sbf in zip format you can flash like a rom. I've never sbfed before I've always used maderstcoks or this. That way you can always have it on your sd card incase you want to revert to stock for ota updates. From what I've read sbfing seems like a pain so this is a much easier method

fersayken2
03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Getting the 64 bit machines to sbf is the real pain.

kirbnite
03-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Porting over honeycomb was a learning experience, finally figured out how to fix all color issues I knew about, but the buttons were not looking proper and text formatting looked bad in my opinion so I switched working on it. I am more than happy and will fix what color issues I know about with it, but I did port over water marked from apex 1.4.0 successfully and all color xml files are golden that I can tell so far. Will post that here in a few.

Learning where everything is in the xml files was biggest learning curve, then realized xml noepad 2007 helped with making sure I could find color locations and fix them much easier.

Ported Theme over and tested. If you find a color issue I missed, (which I am confident I have all colors corrected), PM me and I will correct it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SX7RURP0

unkleduke
03-02-2011, 01:37 PM
For those with swype/market issues, try this. It worked for me without further editing the build.prop.

1. Clear market cache
2. Reboot
3. Go into system settings->accounts
4. Resync google acct
5. Open Market and check for your apps.

My build.prop is stock 3.4.2 with only the one line edited (Specifically: ro.build.id=VZW). No Swype or Market issues.

kirbnite
03-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Not sure if I should post this here or on WugFresh's successful ports page, but here is the Honeycomb made for Liberty ported to Blur 3.4.2

Actual Theme is here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lib...rty-1-5-a.html (http://redirectingat.com/?id=1629X685118&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.droidforums.net%2Fforum%2Flib erty-rom-d2%2F126842-theme-honeycomb-liberty-1-5-a.html&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.droidxforums.com%2Fforum%2Fd roid-x-hacks%2F18886-blur-3-4-2-a-45.html)

Then this is the link to the wugported theme with xml edits done: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2ADQW2P5)

Re-Did the framework to fix black-on-black text.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HN58471L)

DroidXJay
03-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Great job, all works well for me! Thank you!

rohitece06
03-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Re-Did the framework to fix black-on-black text.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HN58471L)

Hey great theme man. Looks wonderful.
I thought you would like some feedback. Here it is.
1. The obvious one is the lock screen - honeycomb type lock screen (just the unlock and ringer, no ribbon in background) will be awesome
2. See if you can notification curtain transparent
3. Album art in music player looks stretched
4. Genre tab in music player is little misplaced even in landscape mode
5. Button text sometimes overflow e.g., send button next to keyboard entry field in gtalk chat or in google voice compose screen, buttons in linpack or in titanium backup (when you filter apps)

Everything else looks wonderful. Really great work on this theme

kirbnite
03-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Feedback is definitely appreciated. All the pngs are the original, but I have leaned how to properly format them and will make an attempt to fix. The water marked theme I ported from Apex 1.4.0, I think came out better.

I will re-apply the honey comb and see about fixing those suggestions.

rohitece06
03-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Feedback is definitely appreciated. All the pngs are the original, but I have leaned how to properly format them and will make an attempt to fix. The water marked theme I ported from Apex 1.4.0, I think came out better.

I will re-apply the honey comb and see about fixing those suggestions.

O watermark was definitely awesome

hinds90
03-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Was anyone running liberty 1.5 switched to this and is satisfied.

joshw0000
03-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Wonder how long it'll take before we see custom roms from this base?

Marius
03-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Looks like 3.4.2 has the same kernel version, different build, as 2.3.340.

2.3.340: 2.6.32.9-g55626e1
3.4.2: 2.6.32.9-ga649a2e

sorry not very interesting. :p

ejgilkey
03-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Looks like 3.4.2 has the same kernel version, different build, as 2.3.340.

2.3.340: 2.6.32.9-g55626e1
3.4.2: 2.6.32.9-ga649a2e

sorry not very interesting. :p

Yeah I'm guessing thats the reason why DX bootstrapper and the backups don't load. It was the same case between 2.3.15 & 2.3.340, same kernel, different build.

Snow02
03-05-2011, 06:06 PM
So I've read through most of this stuff. Is there any good reason to load this other than curiosity?

WugFresh
03-05-2011, 07:52 PM
If you like blurr then yeah... I mean, I'm not gonna lie, it feels like stock, but its runs quite nicely; its very smooth out of the box, and with Marius's tweak zip its even better. If you like blurrless ROMs though... it's not for you, I mean... its called new blurr.... LOL. The one thing that I noticed about this ROM that I liked the best is the 3G hotspot is way more reliable. I am still working out a way to make it work on all ROMs so others can benefit from nice feature.

Overall, for me, I really do like running this ROM actually, because after all these custom ROMs it actually felt like the most radical change to get stock back..lol. I probably won't stick with it for long, but its nice to have for little while.

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
03-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Yea, I went back to 2.3.340 but it was fun for a week or so.

mikeinrichmond
03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Yea, I switched and running the new Rubix Focused 2.01 now. Awesome speed and great battery life to boot.. :)

ejgilkey
03-05-2011, 08:52 PM
It looks like we will start to see some compatable ROMS. Will probably become more common the longer we wait for some gingerbread.

From thursday,

@drod2169: having the Focused patch tested. Blurry is being put off while I throw together a 3.4.2 rom

joshw0000
03-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice.

Snow02
03-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Cool. I might check it out. I just hate re-setting up everything. Unless there's a compelling reason to change it up, I tend to keep it status quo.

scottpole
03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Well I've been running this stock rooted and I must say I get awesome battery life and I love the improved performance with the stock launcher. It actually pulled me away froM adw ex lol. I definitely don't regret going it. But bare in mind this is coming from someone who has always loved blur and stock roms.

ejgilkey
03-06-2011, 06:35 AM
I do like the improved performance, I just wish there were more customization options for the stock launcher. I hadn't run the stock rom in so long, but once you get rid of the extra stuff, its easily the most stable rom (imo).

scottpole
03-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Agreed. I do miss the customization level of adw ex. But im finding the stock launcher (atleast on this rom) keeps my phone very responsive. One drawback is anytime I try to use DROID overclock my phone will reboot

yurdle
03-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Does anyone have a way to get rid of the notification sound that plays when you lock and unlock the phone when it's plugged in and fully charged?

Sent from my DROID X

hinds90
03-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah I just cant give up liberty right now I just wish I could use hdmi.

rohitece06
03-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Was anyone running liberty 1.5 switched to this and is satisfied.

Yes I did. I was annoyed by the constant reboots, slow downs and freezes of liberty. After few build.prop and sysctl tweaks 3.4.2 gives better battery life and stability than liberty or any other ROM for that matter. I am a blur hater. I loaded up the first custom ROM that came out after I got my DX in July. Since, needless to say this tweaked 3.4.2 is best. I am gonna stick with it or may change to any blurry custom ROM. Non of the non-blur custom ROMs are stable. If it is it takes few essential features of blur that I require and introduces several bugs in form of "this does work or that doesnt work" etc etc. So I am gonna stick with this one

chaz03
03-06-2011, 12:55 PM
I was on 3.4.2 blur then flashed back to 2.340 (full sbf VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01 ) using rsd lite but it threw me into Bootloader stuckage. It failed the flash process at the very end with "error verifying group 39 checksums" So im trying to figure out how or why im not able to get a clean 2.2.1 .340 successful flash any advice?
And right after the flashing memory stage in rsd lite i caught this error log show up in the rsdlite folder right at that moment.

14:11:52, March 06, 2011
Line: 527
ERROR: AP Die ID: 0d900101459e3a0a0000d8ff0100

Line: 534
ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000b55432890485

Line: 541
ERROR: AP Public ID: 6f43f9ac81fa958145a63a2ae8477ce7433b6c64

Line: 548
ERROR: BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff00002d003289

Ha i have no clue what this means though.

joshw0000
03-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I've never sbf'ed but I've read that you must boot to stock recovery and do a factory reset after the sbf to prevent bootloops. Give that a try - hold home and power, when you see the triangle, release and press search, then perform the data wipe like you would in Clockwork.

chaz03
03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Cant i have no access to stock recovery or clockwork! Thanks for chiming in though. There is really very limited info on here for my specific situation. Sucksss

mikeinrichmond
03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Cant i have no access to stock recovery or clockwork! Thanks for chiming in though. There is really very limited info on here for my specific situation. Sucksss

Your best bet would be to post this up in the Rescue Squad (RS) section and one of the guys will be by to check in with you before long..Be specific as to exactly what system you were running, what SBF you tried, and what version of RSDlite you used, and what else you tried to do....

chaz03
03-06-2011, 02:41 PM
thanks again my friend!

Spank
03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
After reading this thread (all 15 pages) i didn't notice anyone refer to LaucherPro. One of the first things that i did after rooting was install LP but then noticed that you loose the abiltiy to have the 3 profiles on the wallpaper/notifications/settings menu. Did i miss something? Where can i find the profiles setting after installing LP or do you have to leave the stock launcher?

Left Liberty 1.5 just to try this out, and yeah this is blur but its running real smooth for me with no problems and my extended battery is lasting all day.

WugFresh
03-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Profiles are part of motos launcher. Launcher pro is a home launcher replacement, not a home launcher addition.

{{ WugFresh }}

Spank
03-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Profiles are part of motos launcher. Launcher pro is a home launcher replacement, not a home launcher addition.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks Wug, didn't realize that was part of the launcher but now that you put it like that (replacement not addition) it makes sense. I knew someone would know the answer. Thanks for the deodex.zip and miniport, gonna try those tonight!

WugFresh
03-06-2011, 09:51 PM
No problem. It would be sweet if one of these launcher replacements incorporated the profile idea.. its pretty slick.

{{ WugFresh }}

Spank
03-06-2011, 11:34 PM
No problem. It would be sweet if one of these launcher replacements incorporated the profile idea.. its pretty slick.

{{ WugFresh }}

Yes it would. That's the main reason I'm trying this. I was thinking I could set up one profile for me and what i like, one for work with all of the junk i need for work, and a media profile for music, videos, etc. I can live with the moto launcher.

Deodexed & just ported over an apex theme using wugport mini and it worked flawlessly! Thanks a million for that. Was hoping i could install a different theme on each profile but that isn't how it works. One theme for all profiles apparently.

WugFresh
03-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Yeah, themes are governed by the system apps, blurr-res.apk and framework-res.apk, those are static.

{{ WugFresh }}

royolpunk
03-07-2011, 12:59 AM
alright if any of u guys remember me i left my droid x a while ago but now i need help. extreme help
instsalled blur 3.4.2 on my dx, installed liberty 1.5 on top of it. forgot to install maderstock update zip on top of it now i cant get past bootlogo. i can only getinto stock recovery and bootloader. ive tried flashing .340 system sbf, maderstock wont install in stock recovery after renaming. anyone please help? i know its late guys but i need help.
wugfresh, u remember me breh. help?? :D

WugFresh
03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Im up, you need to try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, you need to sbf.

{{ WugFresh }}

yurdle
03-07-2011, 01:09 AM
You'll have to flash the 320 sbf file and then flash the system only 340 update.zip to get back to stock... or if you want 3.4.2 then just flash 320 sbf file then the 3.4.2 update.zip

Best of luck :-)

Sent from my DROID X

schneid
03-07-2011, 08:48 AM
alright if any of u guys remember me i left my droid x a while ago but now i need help. extreme help
instsalled blur 3.4.2 on my dx, installed liberty 1.5 on top of it. forgot to install maderstock update zip on top of it now i cant get past bootlogo. i can only getinto stock recovery and bootloader. ive tried flashing .340 system sbf, maderstock wont install in stock recovery after renaming. anyone please help? i know its late guys but i need help.
wugfresh, u remember me breh. help?? :D

I was hopelessly stuck at the "M" a few days back. You need the last SBF listed here:

Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/)

You need the Moto USB drivers and RSB Lite. I used the 4.6.0 drivers and RSD 4.8. They were not the latest.

Pull battery. Hold down Power, Vol Down, and Camera while inserting battery. You will get a black & white screen. Run RSD and connect phone. RSD should see phone. Load Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01) into RSD. Click Start, walk away, and hopefully come back to a freshly minted phone. (http://bit.ly/hfp9iY)

I had problems with WIN 7. Needed to use a an XP box. My 7 would not use the Mot USB drivers.

(http://bit.ly/hfp9iY)

royolpunk
03-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Lol I remember I had all the sbf files on my comp so used the 2.3.320 one. Glad to be back guys

ejgilkey
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I updated the build.prop file in the OP. This is the stock 2.3.340 file with a change so your 'About Phone' screen will show the 3.4.2 build. This will still allow Swype to work and should not interfere with finding any Market apps. If you're OCD about things like that like I am, go grab it. :smile:

ejgilkey
03-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Lol I remember I had all the sbf files on my comp so used the 2.3.320 one. Glad to be back guys

Glad to hear you got things straightened out!

falcon9094
03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Anyone else heaving problems with blur widgets they worked fine then after I rooted they wont load up and force close please help

Sent from work using my Droid X

BrutalSauce
03-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey guys so i was on 3.4.2 and i used the Monster.DX.2.3.340.zip or whatever it was. Anyways i flashed that and now im stuck on the boot loader screen with the error code A5,69,35,00,27 I know i can do the sbf when i get home but i want my phone back now and not have to wait for another 5 hours. If there is anyway you guys can think of to fix it with out having to do a full sbf later on it would be great.

ejgilkey
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
You can try to boot into stock recovery. Hold down the home button while booting up. Not sure if you can do anything once youre on the bootloader screen.

ejgilkey
03-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Anyone else heaving problems with blur widgets they worked fine then after I rooted they wont load up and force close please help

Sent from work using my Droid X

Just tried them out, no problems thus far.

BrutalSauce
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Nope wont work i guess im stuck until i get home blah.

ejgilkey
03-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Nope wont work i guess im stuck until i get home blah.

I would pull the battery until you get home. Just to make sure your battery isn't drained. That would be bad.

BrutalSauce
03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
I would pull the battery until you get home. Just to make sure your battery isn't drained. That would be bad.

I actually have a external battery charger. I bought it for 10 bucks off ebay with 2 extra batterys. Its not the first time its saved my ass ill tell you that.

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, a few people have been reporting to me problems with 3G hotspot, both on this forum and others, I personally have had no problems but I am trying to get to the bottom of it. Can you post a screen shot if you get some error like "3G hotspot not available" ; I think maybe it has to do with build.prop edits, but I honestly don't know. I hope Verizon didn't out smart TBH's patch or something. Please let me know. I am going to be reflashing this to try and reproduce the error myself, but the more info I get the better. Thanks in advanced.

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/618e6dba-04ec-0bd4.jpg

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Hnmm... anyone else get that? Thank you Snow!

That error looks scary, like Verizon did something clever.

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
03-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I just tested hotspot and it worked fine. I'm no longer on 3.4.2 though.

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I just tested hotspot and it worked fine. I'm no longer on 3.4.2 though.

The hotspot app is different on 3.4.2, that's what we are trying to figure out. Thanks for your input regardless.

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I hadnt tried this in a few days, but I got the same message as Snow. I will try a to swap out my build.prop and see if that might be the issue. The message comes up with the app, it doesnt take any time to look for anything. The build.prop I am using right now is the stock 2.3.340 with the ro.build.version.full where I changed 2.3.340 to 3.4.2.

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Those b@%#&$&'s they changed something on us. Just so you know, I bet you could flash the old 3G hotspot and get it to work.

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-08-2011, 11:39 PM
I changed the build.prop back to the stock 3.4.2. And the hotspot app appears to be working.

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 11:42 PM
I changed the build.prop back to the stock 3.4.2. And the hotspot app appears to be working.

Aha!!!! Do I get a gold star for best guess? Lol!

Now we gotta test each modified entry until we find the culprit.

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Stock 2.3.340 does not work.

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Its not checking the whole thing, just an entry.

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
The .340 file has 2 additional entries at the end of the file. ro.build.config.version and ro.build.config.date removing them did not help.

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Its checking the entries value, not the entry itself. What it equals. Probably the fingerprint or device build...

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Swapped the 3.4.2 build.description and build.fingerprint into the .340 file. Hotspot not working.

WugFresh
03-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Hmm... try something else that identifies it as 3.4.2... I am.saying these off the top of my head right now, I have to look at it..

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Im going to have to call it quits for the night unfortunately. Gotta be up for work in 5 hours. Editing text on the phone can be a pain!

WugFresh
03-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Your doing it on the phone! Lol. Oh boy. Get some rest, I will figure it out. You already helped alot.

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
haha yeah I'm surprised I didn't bootloop my poor phone. When an app like this checks the build.prop, is it checking it as it exists in the system folder or does it check what is loaded in to memory at boot?

WugFresh
03-09-2011, 12:36 AM
That's a good question, my guess is the second one.... I don't know for sure.

{{ WugFresh }}

MahaVoodoo
03-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Does the "Full 3.4.2 SBF file" include all previous updates? Why download of "Full 2.3.340 SBF file" is recommended?

mikeinrichmond
03-09-2011, 04:20 AM
Does the "Full 3.4.2 SBF file" include all previous updates? Why download of "Full 2.3.340 SBF file" is recommended?

This is a leaked build that the developers/hackers of Team Black Hat got a hold of and released so experienced users can play around with it. Downloading the full 2.3.340 will allow you to SBF back to stock settings should something go wrong. If you have never done an SBF before, it can be an arduous task and not to be taken lightly as there are many things that can go wrong, and it can 'brick' your phone...If you are still interested in experimenting, here's a thread on the process:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-guides/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html#post106306

MahaVoodoo
03-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Thanks! I'm on Liberty 1.5 now, my bootloader shows 30.04. I want to upgrade kernel, radio and everything to the highest versions. So, should I flash "Full 3.4.2 SBF file" or I need to flash "Full 2.3.340 SBF file" previously? I've already bought/downloaded them both from market and wonder why "Full 3.4.2 SBF file" is just 34.93 MB size, when "Full 2.3.340 SBF file" is 253 MB. Is it normal or 3.4.2 didn't download properly?

mikeinrichmond
03-09-2011, 05:21 AM
If you are running Liberty and all your music and videos play fine, then you are on the latest official version, which is Android Version 2.2.1 and System Version 2.3.340...

No need to do the 2.3.342 update, as it's not a real update, just experimental as stated...

MahaVoodoo
03-09-2011, 05:24 AM
My music and video on Liberty DON'T play at all . So, I need for update. Can you anwer my previous questions about file sizes, please?

mikeinrichmond
03-09-2011, 05:29 AM
My music and video on Liberty DON'T play at all . So, I need for update. Can you anwer my previous questions about file sizes, please?

Ok, if you bought the Team Black Hat app from the Market, you want to use the full 2.3.340 update zip file, not the 3.4.2...You flash the file from the green clockwork screen...

MahaVoodoo
03-09-2011, 05:35 AM
Thanks a lot! So, I have no need in 3.4.2? Just flash huge 2.3.340 file, then flash Liberty 1.5? 3.4.2 is really 34.93 MB? Sorry for stupid questions, but wrong choice will lead to a brick, you know:)

mikeinrichmond
03-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Yes, no need for 3.4.2........I don't remember the exact file size but it was larger than that...

Here is the order of things to do:

Flash the 2.3.340 update
Setup the phone, re-root and then let the Market redownload your apps or restore them with Titanium Backup
Use Bootstrap to get to clockwork and make a 'clean' backup of your phone
Then install Liberty...

MahaVoodoo
03-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Understood. Thanks again!

mikeinrichmond
03-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Welcome.. :)

ejgilkey
03-09-2011, 08:14 AM
As a temporary fix, you can uninstall the Hotspot app with Titanium Backup, then install the app off of Fission RM. The new version of the hotspot app is 2.2.1, the old is 2.2.

mx750
03-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Any word on any roms coming out for this soon?

ejgilkey
03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
drod2169 mentioned that he was going to work on a 3.4.2 rom. Haven't seen it talked about for several days. He works on roms for the Fascinate as well so he's got his hands full.

db306
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
What would be the best way to edit the build prop file from page 1? Do you just go in and change the existing to a .bak file and paste the edited one in it place?

ejgilkey
03-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Exactly, just make sure you've got that file there before you reboot.

mx750
03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
I've also read many people having issues with running.maderstock3.40 has anyone had success switching back?

chaz03
03-09-2011, 04:06 PM
So your unable to hack the hotspot on 3.4.2? That's what im getting out of translating the last few pages. Is that the issue?

neOwb
03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
so here's my problem, this looks pretty cool... except i cannot get titanium backup to read me as having root... any ideas what the problem may be?

OOPS! please ignore my stupidity, got it working.... lol

ps. has anyone had any luck getting droid overclock to work?

95cobby
03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
You guys do know that the Wireless Tether app now creates a AP/Infrastructure Mode connection because the kernel on the X is disabling something. No need to run the 3g Mobile app hacked anymore. Been like that for a while now.

WugFresh
03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
You guys do know that the Wireless Tether app now creates a AP/Infrastructure Mode connection because the kernel on the X is disabling something. No need to run the 3g Mobile app hacked anymore. Been like that for a while now.

Yes, but it has nothing to do with kernel disabling access control, the devs just updated it to work in infrastructure mode. The new 3G hotspot provides a more stable and stronger connection which is why we want to make it work.

@chaz
No, the reason its not working for some people is due to build.prop edits. It works.

{{ WugFresh }}

chaz03
03-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Gotcha wug. Im struggling to get root. Because I can't get the adb drivers to install on the pc. Im a bit confused. Windows doest seem to want to recognize them. Either that or I got the wrong oones..or very possible i just dont know what im doing.

WugFresh
03-10-2011, 09:41 AM
MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe (http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe)

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-10-2011, 11:53 AM
You know what I love most about this rom? Zero reboots. I would always get one or two a day on any other rom. I'm now on day three reboot free. I put this on a friend's phone two days ago, and they're no longer getting reboots either.

joshw0000
03-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Anyone tried restoring a 3.4.2 backup from 2.3.340? I have a feeling I'd have to update, root, then restore....but I'm feeling brave. I'm on my 2nd rom in less than 24 hours and still kinda bored. Anyone dare me? What's the worst that could happen?

WugFresh
03-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Oooh! Do it! I dare you. You might have to sbf. Please report back.

{{ WugFresh }}

mikeinrichmond
03-11-2011, 10:01 AM

...What's the worst that could happen?

Many a catastrophe have begun soon after those words were uttered...Meet ya in the SBF section...j.k...but I would advise against it...

(Swyped on the go..)

joshw0000
03-11-2011, 11:48 AM
People have restored 2.3.15 backups to 2.3.340. They were greeted with FC's but I don't think they had to sbf. I might give a try this weekend....when I'm near my pc!

I figure it'll either fail to restore, bootloop, or give me FC's. I'll let you guys know this weekend.

ejgilkey
03-11-2011, 05:45 PM
I have done this both ways. A .340 to 3.4.2 and vice versa, both times met with a boot loop, not getting past the Moto logo. SBF time!

DroiX
03-13-2011, 08:34 AM
I have installed this ROM and everything is working ok, but I've decided I want to go back to a different ROM.

Can I just SBF back to stock like I normally would before switching ROM's or is there some other process I must go through first? I read through this thread first, but couldn't seem to make heads or tails of it and I really don't want to mess my phone up, so I'd appreciate any help!

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Just maderstcok (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html) then flash your ROM of choice.

Or use the TBH sbf update.zip, that's actually better because it will remove bootstrapper which you will want to do because you currently are using the D2 version.

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Just maderstcok (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html) then flash your ROM of choice.

Or use the TBH sbf update.zip, that's actually better because it will remove bootstrapper which you will want to do because you currently are using the D2 version.

{{ WugFresh }}

I have the SBF, which I normally flash back to before flashing another ROM (like to get a totally clean start), and I didn't go through the root process anyway. I just wanted to load it up to see the new Blur features. I just wasn't sure if I could use the SBF like I normally do. Thanks for the reply Wug!

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 11:44 AM
No problem, but if you are not rooted you can't use the one in update.zip format because you can't get into clockwork. You could always use RSDlite though.

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-13-2011, 12:11 PM
No problem, but if you are not rooted you can't use the one in update.zip format because you can't get into clockwork. You could always use RSDlite though.

{{ WugFresh }}

Yeah, RSDLite is what I normally do. Thanks again!

DroiX
03-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah, RSDLite is what I normally do. Thanks again!

So I used RSDLite to flash back and now I'm stuck at the 'M' logo - any suggestions?

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Try getting into stock recovery and doing a factory reset... if that doesnt work, SBF again.

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Try getting into stock recovery and doing a factory reset... if that doesnt work, SBF again.

{{ WugFresh }}

Yeah I tried the factory reset - it didn't work. Doing the 2nd SBF now!

DroiX
03-13-2011, 01:27 PM
2nd SBF and factory reset didn't work either (still stuck at the M logo) - anything else I can try?

falcon9094
03-13-2011, 02:09 PM
i am looking to go back to stock if flashing the tbh zip is their any other process i have to do other then wiping data and cache.

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 02:47 PM
2nd SBF and factory reset didn't work either (still stuck at the M logo) - anything else I can try?

Try the system only sbf first, get it to boot than maderstcok (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html)

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Wow, it looks like I've finally bricked this thing...

SBF'ing and factory reset still can't get me past the 'M' logo. Looks like I'll be calling Asurion tomorrow unless any of you have anything else to try?

EDIT: Sorry Wug, I missed your last post before I posted. I'm using a file named "SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY" - isn't this the system only SBF?

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 02:49 PM
i am looking to go back to stock if flashing the tbh zip is their any other process i have to do other then wiping data and cache.

Wipe dalvik too for good practice.. in advanced menu in clockwork.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Wow, it looks like I've finally bricked this thing...

SBF'ing and factory reset still can't get me past the 'M' logo. Looks like I'll be calling Asurion tomorrow unless any of you have anything else to try?

No you didn't. Try what I suggested... then if that doesn't work try sbf'ing with the 2.3.320 file and then maderstcok (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html)

Here's the sbf files if you don't already have them
SBF files - DroidX (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 02:53 PM
EDIT: Sorry Wug, I missed your last post before I posted. I'm using a file named "SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY" - isn't this the system only SBF?

Yeah.. try that, the full, and the .32

Also try RSD 4.8

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Just want to make sure you saw my edit on the last post. I've been using (didn't know there was anything else) "SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY" - that is the correct one yes?

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Just want to make sure you saw my edit on the last post. I've been using (didn't know there was anything else) "SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY" - that is the correct one yes?

If thats what you have been using and failed.. use the FULL. Last SBF link here :
SBF files - DroidX (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/)

The
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01) (Current OTA)

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Ok cool. Sorry for replying to fast! I've got RSD 4.8 and the system SBF, so I'll take a look at that link and try the stuff I haven't yet and report back! Thanks for all the help and patience Wug! Where's the best place to contribute to whatever cause tickles your fancy (beer fund, pot fun, cancer fund?)?

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Ok cool. Sorry for replying to fast! I've got RSD 4.8 and the system SBF, so I'll take a look at that link and try the stuff I haven't yet and report back! Thanks for all the help and patience Wug! Where's the best place to contribute to whatever cause tickles your fancy (beer fund, pot fun, cancer fund?)?

No problem.. lol. First get your phone working. If you want to support the WugPort project any and all donations are greatly appreciated, you can PM me or email me at my user name @gmail.com, besides that, consider my help free, just help out someone else in the future and perpetuate the helping cycle. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok, the Full SBF did the trick! Do I need to maderstcok (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html) or factory reset or am I good to go?

Will do, I'll help where I can as I learn!

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Your good. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
I have done this both ways. A .340 to 3.4.2 and vice versa, both times met with a boot loop, not getting past the Moto logo. SBF time!

Ok, I was about to try to restore to 3.4.2 from .340 but since you've confirmed that it requires an sbf, and I really don't feel like doing something that I now know for sure will result in an sbf, I'll just take your word and spend my afternoon grilling burgers and drinking beer! :-)

WugFresh
03-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Good plan josh!

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Do we have to use Blurr_3.4.2_DeoDexer.zip (http://redirectingat.com/?id=1629X685118&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.megaupload.com%2F%3Fd%3DHTJR3 WQ8&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.droidxforums.com%2Fforum%2Fd roid-x-hacks%2F18886-blur-3-4-2-a-26.html) to apply a compatible theme?

WugFresh
03-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Yes. You have to be deodexed to theme. That one is built specifically for new blurr. Heres a better explanation why:
Optimized File Structures (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/18281-wugfresh-successful-ports-repository-25.html#post219945)

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes. You have to be deodexed to theme. That one is built specifically for new blurr. Heres a better explanation why:
Optimized File Structures (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/18281-wugfresh-successful-ports-repository-25.html#post219945)

{{ WugFresh }}

Do I just flash the .zip like everything else?

WugFresh
03-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah. Just flash in clockwork. That one won't work though if you already did build.prop edits. I have a different one you can use if that's the case.

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah. Just flash in clockwork. That one won't work though if you already did build.prop edits. I have a different one you can use if that's the case.

{{ WugFresh }}

Haha, you are way ahead of me...I'm not even totally sure what build.prop edits are. From the original post it didn't seem as if I needed to worry about it because I don't use swype - is that not the case?

Thanks for the help Wug, you've helped make my android experience a fun one!

WugFresh
03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
People were having some problems with the market until they made some edits. Its real simple now though, you can download an edited one from the op and just copy it to the right place on your phone. One step at a time though.. lol. Glad you find me to be helpful. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Ok, I installed the deodex.zip and flashed the gingerbread theme. Everything is working great, except a few of my apps can't be found in the market. Is the build.prop in the OP the correct one to download, and where on the phone should I copy the file to?

ejgilkey
03-15-2011, 09:36 AM
The build.prop needs to be in the /system folder. You'll want to move the unzipped file to that folder, rename the original to build.bak then rename the edited one build.prop (i think it is currently build.prop.prop). One thing though, if you currently use the hotspot app from VZW, it will not work with the edited build.prop.

DroiX
03-15-2011, 09:47 AM
The build.prop needs to be in the /system folder. You'll want to move the unzipped file to that folder, rename the original to build.bak then rename the edited one build.prop (i think it is currently build.prop.prop). One thing though, if you currently use the hotspot app from VZW, it will not work with the edited build.prop.

Yeah I actually just figured this out. The only problem is, that some of my apps still downt show up in the market. Quick Clock doesn't show up at all and can't even be found on a search and Root Explorer doesn't show me as having purchased it, so I had to purchase it again just to make this work. Thanks for the reply EJ!

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Snow02
03-15-2011, 10:09 AM
You have to reboot after changing the build.prop.

DroiX
03-15-2011, 10:12 AM
You have to reboot after changing the build.prop.

Yeah I did that and it didn't work :( - I know I'm missing a step, just not sure what it is.

Unzipped the file
Used root explorer to move it to /system
changed the permissions to match the original
reboot
no change

ejgilkey
03-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Go to Settings>About Phone what does it say for system version?

Snow02
03-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Have you tried going to market.android.com on your computer? You can wirelessly install apps that way.

DroiX
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Go to Settings>About Phone what does it say for system version?

Version.3.4.2.MB810.Verizon.en.US

DroiX
03-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Have you tried going to market.android.com on your computer? You can wirelessly install apps that way.

No, but thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that! If I can't get the market working right on the phone, then I'll try this!

ejgilkey
03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Version.3.4.2.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Thats really odd. Thats the correct system version for that build.prop. I've never really been sure why certain apps don't show up. I guess it's possible that the app is looking for the stock system version to work properly.
You might try swapping the edited build.prop out for the stock 2.3.340 build.prop. I will post it here when I get my hands on it. Give me a few minutes.

Wug, do you have any insight into build.prop tweaks affecting what apps appear in the market?

ejgilkey
03-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Try using this. This should make your phone appear to the market as having the stock Blur system. Let me know if this fixes your problem.

DroiX
03-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Thats really odd. Thats the correct system version for that build.prop. I've never really been sure why certain apps don't show up. I guess it's possible that the app is looking for the stock system version to work properly.
You might try swapping the edited build.prop out for the stock 2.3.340 build.prop. I will post it here when I get my hands on it. Give me a few minutes.

Wug, do you have any insight into build.prop tweaks affecting what apps appear in the market?

The original is in the OP, so I can get that, but if I replace the edited one with the original, won't it cause problems if I've already Deodexed? Thanks for the help! I've decided this is the rom that's for me and I'm gonna mess with themes and everything else until I get it exactly like I want it - I have A LOT to learn. All of you people are great, this phone has been the most fun "project" I've had in front of me in a long time. Who want's an iPhone that just works, when I can have a Droid that I can attempt to break!?

ejgilkey
03-15-2011, 10:45 AM
The original is in the OP, so I can get that, but if I replace the edited one with the original, won't it cause problems if I've already Deodexed? Thanks for the help! I've decided this is the rom that's for me and I'm gonna mess with themes and everything else until I get it exactly like I want it - I have A LOT to learn. All of you people are great, this phone has been the most fun "project" I've had in front of me in a long time. Who want's an iPhone that just works, when I can have a Droid that I can attempt to break!?

The original in the OP is the one you start with after installing 3.4.2. The one in my last post is from the stock OTA release. I think that something in the leak's build.prop is not matching up with something that the market is looking for.

ejgilkey
03-15-2011, 10:47 AM
All of you people are great, this phone has been the most fun "project" I've had in front of me in a long time. Who want's an iPhone that just works, when I can have a Droid that I can attempt to break!?

This has been a really fun phone to mess with. I almost got an iPhone, good thing it wasn't available last year!

DroiX
03-15-2011, 10:56 AM
The original in the OP is the one you start with after installing 3.4.2. The one in my last post is from the stock OTA release. I think that something in the leak's build.prop is not matching up with something that the market is looking for.

Gave it a try, but got same results :(

I can now find Quick Clock in the market, but it doesn't show that I've purchased it - the plot thickens! The fact that I can find it in the market though is progress I think.

DroiX
03-15-2011, 10:57 AM
This has been a really fun phone to mess with. I almost got an iPhone, good thing it wasn't available last year!

Yeah, the woman is what motivated me into a Droid. She couldn't take AT&T anymore so we switched. She couldn't wait for the iPhone so we got Droids and have loved them!

ejgilkey
03-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Gave it a try, but got same results :(

I can now find Quick Clock in the market, but it doesn't show that I've purchased it - the plot thickens! The fact that I can find it in the market though is progress I think.

Well that makes absolutely no sense lol. Stupid question, but are you sure you used the same google account when you set this up? Thats the only reason I can think of, as i have never experienced that before.

DroiX
03-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Well that makes absolutely no sense lol. Stupid question, but are you sure you used the same google account when you set this up? Thats the only reason I can think of, as i have never experienced that before.

You might be on to something here. I have several domains that I setup through google apps and the first account I setup on my phone was one of those instead of my gmail account, so that might be what is causing the problem. I will test this theory out and post back when I have some more info! Thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: I tried to remove the first account I added (the google apps domain account) to test this theory and it wouldn't let me delete it. I made this mistake once before, and the symptoms were very similar to what I am experiencing here.

Anyway, I'm almost positive this is the problem but I'm re-flashing now, so once I'm back in I'll post up again with the definitive answer.

Snow02
03-15-2011, 12:17 PM
You don't have to flash again. Just go into stock recovery and wipe data.

DroiX
03-15-2011, 01:13 PM
You don't have to flash again. Just go into stock recovery and wipe data.

I know - I was messing with other stuff to so I wanted to get a fresh start.

My problem has been solved, it was because I setup my other google apps account before I setup my gmail account! Thanks for all the help and replies!

DroiX
03-15-2011, 02:41 PM
It doesn't seem that Quick Clock will set at boot - is this normal or am I doing something wrong again?

I'm also assuming imoseyon's zip won't work either?

WugFresh
03-15-2011, 05:58 PM
It doesn't seem that Quick Clock will set at boot - is this normal or am I doing something wrong again?

I couldn't get QuickClock to do so either, however I think you can export your profiles and use them in jrummy's overclock app.

imoseyon's zip will work, he updated it to support new blurr.

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-15-2011, 06:35 PM
I couldn't get QuickClock to do so either, however I think you can export your profiles and use them in jrummy's overclock app.

imoseyon's zip will work, he updated it to support new blurr.

{{ WugFresh }}

It seems that when I flash imoseyon's zip that it breaks the market again and won't show all my apps - perhaps it's an order of operations thing I'm getting wrong?

Snow02
03-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Droid overclock was updated a couple days ago to work with 3.4.2. Set on boot works too.

Breezer23
03-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Wug... Have you been able to fix the Black text problem on the theme porter?

DroiX
03-17-2011, 07:10 AM

So I ran "sh /data/imoseyon/checkimosey.sh" to check and see if imoseyon's changes were in effect and they are. What's interesting is that I deodexed first, changed my build.prop to get the market working, and then I flashed imoseyon's zip. When I did this, my market quick working so I changed my build.prop file again and that fixed the market. I would have though that changing the build.prop the second time would have undone imoseyon's zip, but when I ran "sh /data/imoseyon/checkimosey.sh" it came back with "everything is good" so I'm assuming that his zip is still working.

Anyway, just wanted to update the thread for anybody that may be reading this.

DroiX
03-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Droid overclock was updated a couple days ago to work with 3.4.2. Set on boot works too.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check this out.

WugFresh
03-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Wug... Have you been able to fix the Black text problem on the theme porter?

Automating xml edits is not simple for me. I am still working on it.

{{ WugFresh }}

DroiX
03-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Can someone help me overclock this? I've tried everything I can think of in Droid X Overclock and Quick Clock and I just cannot get either to set at boot.

I also exported my profile out of Quick Clock and Droid X Overclocker didn't see it on the SD card.

Snow02
03-20-2011, 06:12 PM
The newest version of droid overclock works fine. Quickclock will not set at boot.

DroiX
03-20-2011, 06:15 PM
The newest version of droid overclock works fine. Quickclock will not set at boot.

I've got the newest version from the Market and like I said, it won't see my profiles or set at boot. I have no doubt it's something I'm doing, I'm just clueless as to what - I've tried everything I can think of. As soon as I reboot the phone, all the settings are lost.

Snow02
03-20-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't know about profiles, I don't use them. I just set my speeds and vsel values, checked set at boot, saved, applied settings. Works fine.

DroiX
03-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I figured it out, thanks for the help Snow, you got me looking in the right direction.

Snow02
03-21-2011, 05:43 AM
I made a throttle removal zip for this build if anyone else would like it as well.
NoThrottle342.zip (http://db.tt/0yonwek)

DroiX
03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the .zip Snow, I can use that.

On another topic. I see that the bootloader has finally been cracked. Is there anything I should be freezing or deleting to prevent Moto from pushing out an update to my phone? Or will that not matter for this ROM?

Snow02
03-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Shouldn't matter for this rom, most likely. Just in case, check the other thread on that topic.

pandalcc
03-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Was a hoax, not cracked.

Thanks for the .zip Snow, I can use that.

On another topic. I see that the bootloader has finally been cracked. Is there anything I should be freezing or deleting to prevent Moto from pushing out an update to my phone? Or will that not matter for this ROM?

Snow02
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Funny someone tried to call me out earlier too.
http://184.72.239.143/mu/63aff81e-c57b-01e7.jpg

mikeinrichmond
03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Yep, I bet Moto's having a good laugh today with nenolod/William Pitcock, but none of the rest of us are...It's too bad, because just when I was thinking about keeping my Moto phone, instead of jumping ship ASAP...

WugFresh
03-21-2011, 04:57 PM
I made a throttle removal zip for this build if anyone else would like it as well.
NoThrottle342.zip (http://db.tt/0yonwek)

@OP

Might want to throw that in the mix. Thanks snow!

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
03-21-2011, 07:15 PM
OP updated with Snow02's throttle hack.

WugFresh
03-22-2011, 08:32 AM
OP updated with Snow02's throttle hack.

Thank you sir. This thread is the goto place for new blur info thanks to you. Great job.

{{ WugFresh }}

chaz03
03-22-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm assuming there is no full display HDMI out on 3.4.2. I'm attempting to get something to happen with Real HDMI, but I'm having no luck. I've wanted to get this to work for so long but have yet to succesfully get it to work on any ROM.

WugFresh
03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm assuming there is no full display HDMI out on 3.4.2. I'm attempting to get something to happen with Real HDMI, but I'm having no luck. I've wanted to get this to work for so long but have yet to succesfully get it to work on any ROM.

It should work... I don't see why it wouldn't... if you are having issues my guess its due to build.prop stuff... same reason the 3G hotspot was screwing up for people...

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-22-2011, 10:29 AM
I'll try it when I get home tonight.

chaz03
03-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Well the gallery and videos work great, but I'm not sure if I used the correct terminology. I am trying to display my homescreen ect. not just the gallery.

Snow02
03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
You need to use realhdmi. But there are caveats, and it may not work how you want. Read the thread on it in the apps section here.

chaz03
03-22-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm using Real HDMI. I'm more interested in displaying my homescreen and view my phone on my pc monitor.

Snow02
03-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Gotcha. For that you use android screencast.
Link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=557717)

But that's not what you asked initially.

Android screencast won't give you hdmi-out like output. If you have dvi in to your monitor, you'll need an hdmi to dvi adapter for that.

ejgilkey
03-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Thank you sir. This thread is the goto place for new blur info thanks to you. Great job.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks, maybe this thread should be a sticky :)

may0799
03-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks, maybe this thread should be a sticky :)

+1 for a Sticky

WugFresh
03-22-2011, 01:08 PM
+1 for a Sticky

It does have nearly 30K hits... lol.

{{ WugFresh }}

chaz03
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Gotcha. For that you use android screencast.
Link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=557717)

But that's not what you asked initially.

Android screencast won't give you hdmi-out like output. If you have dvi in to your monitor, you'll need an hdmi to dvi adapter for that.

Thanks for the link. I've managed to get the screencast to work but this is what I am looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0lngKZ-bgU

chaz03
03-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Now the video i posted is obviously a whole different world compared to the screencast. Im looking for "Full HDMI" output. I ve learned that hdmi out can only work on the blur gallery even if your own a cutom rom. Ive also picked up in forums that launcher pro, I believe, is the only launcher that is capable of displaying your homescreen in landscape mode onto your monitor, tv ect. through Real HDMI app. I have yet come across a thread that discusses Real HDMI on 3.4.2 and "Full HDMI" output

WugFresh
03-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Now the video i posted is obviously a whole different world compared to the screencast. Im looking for "Full HDMI" output. I ve learned that hdmi out can only work on the blur gallery even if your own a cutom rom. Ive also picked up in forums that launcher pro, I believe, is the only launcher that is capable of displaying your homescreen in landscape mode onto your monitor, tv ect. through Real HDMI app. I have yet come across a thread that discusses Real HDMI on 3.4.2 and "Full HDMI" output

I don't know... wish I could help, I have an HDMI cable and the Real HDMI app, but I never really messed with it...lol. I can't provide any helpful advice if I have absolutely no experience with the subject... sorry... maybe snow can help.

{{ WugFresh }}

chaz03
03-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah, Ive had the same situation. Thankfully i only spent about 6 dollars on a cheap HDMI. I've really wanted to expierience this though. Just another excellent feature of the phone that Motorola does not provide for us from the get go. Although I have read somewhere that sometimes these cheap cables are really actually no use and some cant even transmit an HDMI signal from the phone. Go figure right! 6 dollars.

Snow02
03-22-2011, 11:33 PM
You use realhdmi for that. Perhaps you don't know how to use the app properly.

And this thread is getting way off topic.

chaz03
03-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Well what I do Snow is Im using the HDMI to my monitor, which I've learned that I have to manually select the source on the monitor and select "HDMI". Then the app is able to Detect the HDMI but when I hit the green "Detect" button on the app, nothing happens and it still say the HDMI staus is "Disabled". Ive looked at the developers site for FAQ and troubleshooting, but still no fix.

Snow02
03-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Dude, once it says hdmi detected, then you press detect, the detect button becomes an on button, press it again. That's it.

I will tell you the hdmi bug is not patched in this build, so when you turn realhdmi off your screen is going to wig out. You'll probably need to reboot.

chaz03
03-23-2011, 12:11 AM
I apologize, I do see how it turns to the "On" button but when i press it my monitor still is unable to detect it. It says "scanning..." but then eventually reads "cant find".

Snow02
03-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Then you're sol. Sorry.

chaz03
03-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Im going have to say its the monitor I will have to give it a try on a tv. Thanks for the help anyway.

mikeinrichmond
03-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Time to 'sticky' this thread... :)

balldope
03-23-2011, 02:50 PM
How's battery life been with this?

Xersized
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
I am on 3.4.2, from a custom rom. I have been trying, with no evail, to root with super1click v 1.7.0.0. I run it as administrator, on windows 7. Says killing ADB server. OK.
Starting ADB server. OK. Waiting on Device. I toggle Debug on and off.......nothing. The program goes into (NOT RESPONDING MODE) This happens if the X is connected or not.
Any advice???

routzong
03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Try z4root . That's what I used to root this rom. No pc required.

Xersized
03-23-2011, 03:08 PM
I tried to down load it to phone and it kept parsing.....Did you dwn load onto pc and then on sd card or right onto phone?

mikeinrichmond
03-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Try z4root . That's what I used to root this rom. No pc required.

I thought only SuperoneClick worked for this Rom. Has there been an update to Z4root so that it works with 3.4.2 now?

Xersized
03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I thought only SuperoneClick worked for this Rom. Has there been an update to Z4root so that it works with 3.4.2 now?
Z4 is not working for myself. It runs and then forceclose. Mike, have you heard of problems with Superoneclick not responding on a windows platform? Please, Any advice, I need Root!!!

mikeinrichmond
03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I haven't been on this build for a month, just tested it the first week it came out, but I had no issues using SuperOneClick on Windows 7 Home...What errors are you getting?

Xersized
03-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I have uploaded the right drives. When I run the program it gets to "waiting on device" and then becomes non responsive and freezes.

hollywood
03-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Woah! I'm glad I found this post... I really need to get an SD card now so I can do this! :)

Snow02
03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I have uploaded the right drives.

What are you talking about here?

Xersized
03-23-2011, 04:15 PM
the moto helper drive was outdated on my laptop. PC didnt seem to recognize phone. The program itself i

WugFresh
03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe (http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe)

{{ WugFresh }}

Xersized
03-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Yes wug. It didnt help. Should I do a wipe and reinstall?

WugFresh
03-23-2011, 04:34 PM
What version of windows are you on? x64?

{{ WugFresh }}

Xersized
03-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Yes I have 64. Is that a problem?

WugFresh
03-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Shouldn't be technically, but I had the same problem as you and then did it on x86 and it worked first shot. Have access to a 32bit machine? If not I have other suggestions...

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
03-23-2011, 05:37 PM
No it doesn't matter.