PDA

View Full Version : Blur 3.4.2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 08:38 AM
You could probably edit the file to trick the market into thinking its the older version.

{{ WugFresh }}

cvhovey
02-22-2011, 08:41 AM
... no problems except Quickclock was missing. Installed a backup of the app only. Ran it. Module loaded and calibration went smooth. I have been overclocked to 1406MHz since about Midnight with no problems. I thing I will wait a few days to set at boot, but so far no problems overclocking. Quadrant running around 1790.

Hmmm, that seems to have done me in on 3.4.2 ... actually underclocking/undervolting which started kicking up random reboots. In fact, after sbf & Mader's back to .340 still have had some problems getting Quickclock to set at boot. Just last night I gave up and switched to JRummy's which seems to be working as expected in .340. Now that the dust has settled back, I'm going to make another stab at 3.4.2 but after what I went thru, gunshy of overclock apps in 3.4.2 so after you try setting at boot, can you post your results as to whether you remain problem-free or not?

macpro88
02-22-2011, 08:43 AM
You could probably edit the file to trick the market into thinking its the older version.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thinking about it... but I have never messed with it before, so I don't know what changed... does anyone by chance have the one from the previous version so I can compare side by side? lol

All well, I guess this is why we make backups :D

macpro88
02-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Never mind, I pulled the file from ApeX and opened in Hex Editor... will let you know what happens.

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 08:51 AM
My knowledge of the build.prop file is limited, I would be doing the same thing. Maybe you should start up a build.prop edits thread macpro! Take these files down one at a time.. lol!

{{ WugFresh }}

macpro88
02-22-2011, 08:55 AM
My knowledge of the build.prop file is limited, I would be doing the same thing. Maybe you should start up a build.prop edits thread macpro! Take these files down one at a time.. lol!

{{ WugFresh }}

Haha, looking at this darn file... its kinda huge, and a lot of info just about each string... let me finish out the semester first lol

Editing file now...

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Here you go:

WugPort_v4.6.mini.new.blurr.exe (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1FEPT906)
Blurr_3.4.2_DeoDexer.zip (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HTJR3WQ8)

{{ WugFresh }}

mikeinrichmond
02-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Sorry haven't kept up this am. Do we need both these files Wug? Install order? Thanks for all the hard work! :)

macpro88
02-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Here you go:

{{ WugFresh }}

Awesome, your the man Wug, and since I actually slept last night, mind giving me a brief description on what these do? Well I am already deodexed, so you can skip that one... lol

cvhovey
02-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Here you go:

{{ WugFresh }}

Since I've never deodexed myself, do you have any specific steps to follow in using these tools? Thx!

cynkrzy
02-22-2011, 09:28 AM
y'all are killing me :) Wug another all nighter ? I guess "Youth and Enthusiasm ..." Win out !

Gorgarath
02-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Another all nighter? You mean Wug slept sometime between last month and today? :lol: I miss college days sometimes... Well... the nights anyway, the days were a bit dull.

fasthair
02-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Here you go:

{{ WugFresh }}

OK my turn for a dumb question. What does WugPort do? I know the original was for porting themes from one ROM to another but have no clue what this one does.

fasthair

macpro88
02-22-2011, 09:30 AM
/system/build.prop file successfully hacked :D

Go into /system/, mount r/w, scroll down to the build.prop file. Open in text editor. Scroll down till you see the two values ro.build.description and ro.build.fingerprint, edit them so they look as follows:

ro.build.description=cdma_shadow-user 2.2.1 VZW 2.3.340 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow/shadow:2.2.1/VZW/23.340:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

You should only have to edit these two, and might be able to get away with just the fingerprint, but I did both at the same, when you are done editing, save and quite, reboot, and should be good to go!

This edit was used because Market would no longer let me download an app to my DX even though I had it on there before I flashed Blur 3.4.2, the previous changes should be all you need to do to make sure you can get back ALL of your Market apps. :D

Now I got my ADW Theme: Nexus S Gingerbread from Creative Themez back :D

(yes, I went through all this for an ADW Theme :P)

Gorgarath
02-22-2011, 09:31 AM
OK my turn for a dumb question. What does WugPort do? I know the original was for porting themes from one ROM to another but have no clue what this one does.

fasthair
That's what it does. It ports themes. The mini version posted there is for the new gingerbread leak available through TBH. The deodexer file is to deodex the leak so that themes can work on it.

fasthair
02-22-2011, 09:38 AM
That's what it does. It ports themes. The mini version posted there is for the new gingerbread leak available through TBH. The deodexer file is to deodex the leak so that themes can work on it.

See I told you it was a dumb question. :) Thanks

fasthair

Gorgarath
02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
See I told you it was a dumb question. :) Thanks

fasthair
I've been told there's no such thing as a dumb question, for which I'm glad because I'm pretty sure that I ask a bunch of them. :D

cynkrzy
02-22-2011, 10:15 AM
I've been told there's no such thing as a dumb question, for which I'm glad because I'm pretty sure that I ask a bunch of them. :D
There isn't, however it never hurts to think before asking, a painful lesson I've learned that avoids some embarrassment :crazy:

Gorgarath
02-22-2011, 10:17 AM
There isn't, however it never hurts to think before asking, a painful lesson I've learned that avoids some embarrassment :crazy:
What is this thinking thing you speak of? :lol: My wife yells at me all the time because I don't think. :disappointed:

cynkrzy
02-22-2011, 10:19 AM
"Thinking" - The thing I seem to do all to infrequently, especially when excited !

cvhovey
02-22-2011, 10:30 AM
/system/build.prop file successfully hacked :D ...

Thanks! A couple other individual tweaks that can be done (i.e. increase wifi scan interval, scrolling speed, etc.) can be found here: Build.prop edits (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7946090&postcount=1) ... just don't suggest using their modified build.prop file unless comparing line by line.

macpro88
02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks! A couple other individual tweaks that can be done (i.e. increase wifi scan interval, scrolling speed, etc.) can be found here: Build.prop edits (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7946090&postcount=1) ... just don't suggest using their modified build.prop file unless comparing line by line.

No problem :) I have never messed with build.prop before, I see that now you can edit a lot of things in there, just like Liberty Toolbox editing build.prop. It was fun though trying to figure out what I had to edit.

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Sorry for the no description post to links. Passed out the second they were up.

First use the deodexer, it will only work if you are on the new 3.4.2 because I have it check the build.prop, so hold off on your build.prop haxors until you deodex.

Once you are deodexed, make a nandroid and try porting themes with wugport. They may come out wonky but that's what your nandroid is for. Post problems in the thread here
Successful Ports Repository (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/18281-wugfresh-successful-ports-repository.html)

With as much detail as possible and I will try and do what the themers do and make all the xml edits.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 02:44 PM
@OP, want to put the deodexer and wugport.mini in the OP? Or should I just put them in the WugPort thread? I figured I would keep them here because it specific to this leak.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
y'all are killing me :) Wug another all nighter ? I guess "Youth and Enthusiasm ..." Win out !

Lol. When I'm in the zone, sleep becomes secondary.. had to finish what I started.

{{ WugFresh }}

psychotic_penguin
02-22-2011, 03:19 PM
For those of you wondering, the DeoDexer is installed on your phone like a ROM. WugPort is to port themes you do this on your computer, Wug if I'm wrong and you're still awake feel free to correct me as needed.

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Thank you penguin, you are correct. I should have made that distinction. But to be clear, when installing the deodexer, don't wipe data or cache. Just install like a theme.

{{ WugFresh }}

breukdance
02-22-2011, 03:40 PM
could someone post the original line in the build.prop that was edited here:
ro.build.description=cdma_shadow-user 2.2.1 VZW 2.3.340 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow/shadow:2.2.1/VZW/23.340:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

I managed to rewrite the original one and trying to run the deodex and its giving me an error...thanks guys

mikeinrichmond
02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Thank you penguin, you are correct. I should have made that distinction. But to be clear, when installing the deodexer, don't wipe data or cache. Just install like a theme.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks Wug, loading it up now.. :)

Edit: Smooth as silk, everything appears to be working fine. Great work!! :big smile:

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 03:58 PM
could someone post the original line in the build.prop that was edited here:

I managed to rewrite the original one and trying to run the deodex and its giving me an error...thanks guys

If you unzip the deodexer the original build.prop is in there, you can swap it in.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks Wug, loading it up now.. :)

Edit: Smooth as silk, everything appears to be working fine. Great work!! :big smile:

Nice! Good stuff!

{{ WugFresh }}

hinds90
02-22-2011, 04:06 PM
So this is just stock? I'm kinda tempted to try this out but my phones is set up perfect now. LOL tinkering with our phone never ends.

How would you guys compare the smoothness to liberty 1.5 and can it be overclocked?

ejgilkey
02-22-2011, 04:25 PM
@OP, want to put the deodexer and wugport.mini in the OP? Or should I just put them in the WugPort thread? I figured I would keep them here because it specific to this leak.

{{ WugFresh }}

I will add it in tonight when I get home.

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
So this is just stock? I'm kinda tempted to try this out but my phones is set up perfect now. LOL tinkering with our phone never ends.

How would you guys compare the smoothness to liberty 1.5 and can it be overclocked?

Yes, this is stock, but its NEW stock.. lol. Amazing battery performance, very smooth; OC'd to 1406 MHz. I can't get it to set on boot though, but I haven't tried exporting my quickclock profile to another App like JRummy's yet.

{{ WugFresh }}

mopar-x
02-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Has anyone used the HDMI port? Does it work with new blurr? Getting a new TV and would like it to work. :)

sent from mopar-x from in side a bomb shelter

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Haven't tried yet but I assuming so since HDMI is a moto blurt thing. Will let you know when I try it.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
I will add it in tonight when I get home.

Good stuff. Thank you.

{{ WugFresh }}

hinds90
02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Okay i'm about to give this a shot lol. So I just download the zip and install through clockwork like normal. i already have a couple of backups so i'm good on that.

Gorgarath
02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
You will have to SBF back to .340 before being able to restore your backups.

--
Tapatalked from my X.

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 04:59 PM
You should prepare by grabbing bootstrapper for D2.
Also wipe data, cache and dalvik.
Check the op for info about factory resetting on first boot and rooting.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
02-22-2011, 05:01 PM
You will have to SBF back to .340 before being able to restore your backups.

--
Tapatalked from my X.

You can just flash maderstcok or monster 340 zip in clockwork. Do what wug said and download droid2 Bootstrap before flashing.

mopar-x
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Haven't tried yet but I assuming so since HDMI is a moto blurt thing. Will let you know when I try it.

{{ WugFresh }}

Cool thanks wug!

ejgilkey
02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Make sure if/when you go back to .340 world, not to install the D2 Bootstrapper. After using the Monster .340 .zip and restoring a Liberty backup I saw a toast notification saying that D2 Bootstrapper was given Superuser permissions. The next time I flashed the DX Bootstrapper and rebooted I was met with the same blank screen we got with the DX Bootstrapper on 3.4.2. I did an old fashioned RSD sbf and a fresh Liberty install and didn't have the problem. I'm guessing the D2 bootstrapper files were still waiting to go after I flashed the Monster .340. Not sure how, but that's what happened.

hinds90
02-22-2011, 05:15 PM
If i'm looking at the 3.4.2 zip through file manger how big should it be? I've got 178mb.

ejgilkey
02-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Ive got 261.64MB, 274349689 bytes

hinds90
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah I had a bad download.

trenton
02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm getting an error running miniwugport.....when i run the batch "ping" is not recognized i continued anyway and tried it...it went through and made a "successful port" flashed it and it changes nothing....what do i need to setup so ping is recognized?

edit: nvm i got it...forgot i was playing around with my path when i was deodexing this 342..:D

IntenseImage
02-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Now that Im home, I am getting around to finally installing 342. Rooted on the first shot, just deodex and booting. Will do the build prop once I restore some apps. With everything deodexed and the build prop fixed, do you think we can use the black keyboard and status bar mods?

EDIT: For build prop it said ...

should it be 23.340 or 2.3.340?

joshw0000
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Ok, I finally did it! I read all 30 pages!

I flashed the rom Sunday night, wiped data in stock recovery, rooted it with super one click (I tried doing it manually with terminal emulator first but could not get "#"), and backed up with D2B. Now it's time to deodex and fix the market. Thanks Wug and Macpro....and Mike, and everyone else who's been bouncing ideas.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

mikeinrichmond
02-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Has anyone used the HDMI port? Does it work with new blurr? Getting a new TV and would like it to work. :)

Yes, working fine, just tested it.. :big smile:

mopar-x
02-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Nice!!!!! I'm on call for work tonight will give it go tomorrow I think. (You know if I start this now I will get called out) :p

Yes, working fine, just tested it.. :big smile:

trenton
02-22-2011, 06:52 PM
wugport mini successful..honeycomb theme from liberty..i have black on black text but I think it looks good.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/630498fb-5a0b-c923.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/630498fb-5a2b-600e.jpg

mopar-x
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Wow looks awesome Trenton!!

TideFan22
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Mopar after u flash 3.4.2 before u sign in power off go to stock recovery and wipe data/cache, don't know if u already know. If so nevermind

My X has been orangesliced!!

mopar-x
02-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks I'm reading as much as I can before I flash this ... trying to get more info on the computer drivers I need. As much as I have done with the phone I have never used the computer for any thing ... lol :p

IntenseImage
02-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Answered my own question ... the black status bar mod found in rom manager causes a lovely boot loop

hinds90
02-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Having a little trouble booting into clockwork. I tried out 3.4.2 and liked it but I like my old setup better. I flashed the maderstock zip, downloaded z4 root, and droid x bootstrapp but it want boot. It says success but when I click reboot recovery it does nothing.

Droid-Xer
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Having a little trouble booting into clockwork. I tried out 3.4.2 and liked it but I like my old setup better. I flashed the maderstock zip, downloaded z4 root, and droid x bootstrapp but it want boot. It says success but when I click reboot recovery it does nothing.

You need droid2 bootstrap

hinds90
02-22-2011, 08:03 PM
So i have to use droid 2 bootstrap to flash my backup.

may0799
02-22-2011, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE=cvhovey;215798]Hmmm, that seems to have done me in on 3.4.2 ... actually underclocking/undervolting which started kicking up random reboots. In fact, after sbf & Mader's back to .340 still have had some problems getting Quickclock to set at boot. Just last night I gave up and switched to JRummy's which seems to be working as expected in .340. Now that the dust has settled back, I'm going to make another stab at 3.4.2 but after what I went thru, gunshy of overclock apps in 3.4.2 so after you try setting at boot, can you post your results as to whether you remain problem-free or not?[/QUOTE]

So I ran 3.4.2 all day with no problems. Overclocked with Quickclock. Streamed Pandora for about six hours at work. Used navigation for an hour. Plus phone calls, texts, and email. I never did set overclock at boot. I decided I didn't like the new blur. I flashed maderstock update and loaded my backup a few minutes ago.

Droid-Xer
02-22-2011, 08:05 PM
You need droid2 bootstrap to get into clockwork on 3.4.2

may0799
02-22-2011, 08:08 PM
If you already flashed maderstock you need Droid X bootstrap. Not Droid 2

Droid-Xer
02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
If you already flashed maderstock you need Droid X bootstrap. Not Droid 2

droid x bootstrap doesnt work on the leak

joshw0000
02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Are you on 3.4.2 or have you already Maderstcok'ed back to 2.3.340? DXB should work if you're back on 2.3.340 but I have not yet tried it. Make sure you DON'T have D2B installed as that would most likely prevent you from booting to recovery even if DXB is installed. If it is, unistall it. If it still want boot to recovery, wipe data in stock recovery by holding down home and power until you see an exclamation point and then releasing both and pressing search. Let us know how it goes.

joshw0000
02-22-2011, 08:21 PM
If D2B restores itself after the reset, disable google backup and reset again.

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 08:23 PM
So i have to use droid 2 bootstrap to flash my backup.

You have to flash maderstcok first. Then reroot, back to bootstrapp for dx, then your backup. Its a long journey back home.. lol.

{{ WugFresh }}

may0799
02-22-2011, 08:27 PM
droid x bootstrap doesnt work on the leak

I know but it sounded like he had already flashed maderstock which took it back to 3.4.0

falcon9094
02-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Is their anyway I can do this and root from a Mac that's all I have access to.

Sent from my WORK using Droid X Forum App

cvhovey
02-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Make sure if/when you go back to .340 world, not to install the D2 Bootstrapper. After using the Monster .340 .zip and restoring a Liberty backup I saw a toast notification saying that D2 Bootstrapper was given Superuser permissions. The next time I flashed the DX Bootstrapper and rebooted I was met with the same blank screen we got with the DX Bootstrapper on 3.4.2. I did an old fashioned RSD sbf and a fresh Liberty install and didn't have the problem. I'm guessing the D2 bootstrapper files were still waiting to go after I flashed the Monster .340. Not sure how, but that's what happened.

Made me wonder if perhaps something to this effect should be added to the OP. I too had D2 Bootstrapper haunting me after an sbf back to .340, except I didn't have SU notifications on and apparently had given it SU approval so it vexed me. Then I recall having seen comments about restoring to stock for the purpose of bringing a DX back to Verizon that sbf does not remove Bootstrapper, however it seems that maderstcok will erase it. So maderstcok's OTA took care of that. Perhaps to save others from having the same happen to them, something could be noted in the OP?

TideFan22
02-22-2011, 09:29 PM

Go into /system/, mount r/w, scroll down to the build.prop file. Open in text editor. Scroll down till you see the two values ro.build.description and ro.build.fingerprint, edit them so they look as follows:

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow/shadow:2.2.1/VZW/23.340:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys. Is it suppose to be 23.340 or 2.3.340 just checking to be sure didn't know if it was a typo

You should only have to edit these two, and might be able to get away with just the fingerprint, but I did both at the same, when you are done editing, save and quite, reboot, and should be good to go!

This edit was used because Market would no longer let me download an app to my DX even though I had it on there before I flashed Blur 3.4.2, the previous changes should be all you need to do to make sure you can get back ALL of your Market apps. :D

TideFan22
02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
In macpros build prop file edit. On the fingerprint one he wrote 23.340 om page 27 is it suppose to be 23.340 or 2.3.340. I need to know for sure so I can change it to the correct one. Want this make my apps download . The quote is on my last post.

pablo1010
02-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Can you tell me the download steps for the wugport because i get ping isnt a command. I tried to follow original one and put it in c but nothing happens

trenton
02-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Can you tell me the download steps for the wugport because i get ping isnt a command. I tried to follow original one and put it in c but nothing happens

Start menu, right click computer, properties, advanced, environment variables, under system variables edit "path" to c:\windows\system32

pablo1010
02-22-2011, 10:10 PM
thanks i new it had to do with path just didnt know what to type

WugFresh
02-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I must have deleted the first line in the batch. Before I had it set path automatically. Will correct and re-upload tonight.

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
02-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Added links for Deodexer and Mini WugPort to OP.

hinds90
02-23-2011, 07:21 AM
I got it figured out last night. When I made that post I had already flashed maderstock zip and I didnt let droid 2 bootstrap download. Droid x bootstrap just wouldn't boot into clockwork for some reason but after a few reboots I finally got it to work. The 3.4.2 blur is definately smoother I just want to give the devs more time to work with it (that is if they plan on working on it).

Plus I have my phone setup perfect for me with liberty 1.5.

ejgilkey
02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Wug, I was attempting to port the Liberty Blue Gingerbread theme over to 3.4.2 and had no luck. It looked like it couldnt find any of the files. I moved everything to the root of C:\ and it looked like it did more, didn't see the same errors, but didn't get a ported theme output.

vannope
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
First... Thanks to Wug and ejgilkey -- really, really great work. Wug you got a beer yesterday and ejgilkey -- I didn't see a donate, but if you get it to me you too shall have beer. :-)

I've installed, went back to Apex then reinstalled it again this morning. As been said before... takes a little tweaking, but once it's set up it's nice. I know that Swype work, but I'm using FlexT9 Speak-Trace-Write-Tap, and that works a charm. There are one or two other apps I've been using that don't even show up in the Market -- Simple Call Forwarding, for example, but I've found others to replace it.

I found all the instructions in the OP simple and straight forward. If you follow them to the letter you'll do fine. Also, I did read all 30+ pages -- twice in fact, and all that information was invaluable. Thanks to everybody who's contributed!!

JSans
02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
this worked perfect for me! there was a lot of improvement from what I've seen, I like it. Not sure about battery life yet since I just installed it last night but no problems :big smile:

ejgilkey
02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
I take no credit, send all your beer to Wug and Team Black Hat. Just glad I could help!

HackerCity
02-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Does anybody have Wugs deodexer app? the link is dead.

Thanks,

mikeinrichmond
02-23-2011, 01:02 PM

Thanks,
Yes, I can throw it up on my megaupload account when I get home after 4p est, if still needed.

iNfAMOUS702
02-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Besides Bootstrap, that's the next best $2 you'll spend on the X, IMO...

+1 ...the TBH app gives u all their leaks..roms...whatever b4 they make them public..

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Thanks,

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Wug beat me to it. Here's another link: http://db.tt/zZOsqdn.

HackerCity
02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks guys...

Wug. I ported over the UD Theme from Liberty 1.5. Not everything was ported. I have black test on a black background. The lock screen didnt port over. Any way to get this done? Other than that it works awesome...

Thanks,

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah the text coloring is in the xml. I will have to manually edit it until I release v4.7 which will have automated ways to resolve it. The lockscreen though... that's another story.. I am confused. I will have to look at what's going on more closely.

{{ WugFresh }}

HackerCity
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Awesome....

I can edit the xml myself. Great work. It will be a pretty niffty app once you get the kinks worked out.

Eagerly awaiting v4.7

Thanks

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Have any of you noticed that the 3G hotspot is actually more reliable? I am going to try and make a flashable zip for it to work on all ROMs.

{{ WugFresh }}

cvhovey
02-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Will correct and re-upload tonight.

{{ WugFresh }}

Is this the corrected version you'd earlier mentioned you'd post?

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Nah, I was referring to correcting wugport which I still haven't done yet. All of the deodexer links are the same and work.

{{ WugFresh }}

cvhovey
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
My earlier attempts at Blur 3.4.2 were crash-and-burn. First time bombed as didn't get the post about pre- and post-factory reset / cache wipe before I went back to .340. Second time, when I tried QuickOverclock, something started giving me random reboots. Now, with the clear steps in the OP, everything has been working great with a couple nandroid backups.

Last night I decided to give Droid Overclock a try using VSEL settings I had from pre-3.4.2, first without boot option, but then giving that a try too. Its been working flawlessly and SU notifications are letting me know when its switching between profiles (i.e. 300-800 screen off, 600-1000 screen on, etc.). Next I'll plug in the balanced settings (from QuickOverclock) and see how that goes. Battery life, at least for me, seems comparable to .340 under similar settings and usage.

cuebask
02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Could someone port the Watermarkd theme to this? I've got my experimental device running this rom so far so good.

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 05:36 PM
You got a DX just for experimenting
jealous...

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I have in the past customized many of the ROMS I put on my phone by piecing together different themes and then pushing them back to the phone. Don't think theming will be to difficult, however what I truly want is the 10% battery meter. This is something I have no clue how to do. I been looking into how you do it and it seems just need to edit the sys_battery.xml file.

So I unpacked the framework apk and edited the xml file and when I repacked the apk the phone boots up fine but none of the battery images display. Not even the 20, 40, 60, 80, ect... What else is supposed to be done besides the xml and png's? Only time I see battery icons is when I plug in the charger, but then again I am not manipulating that xml file.

Also, any one having difficulty with the beta swype, stop typing your swyped words until you Switch your input method from swype to multi and then back?

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 08:47 PM
I have in the past customized many of the ROMS I put on my phone by piecing together different themes and then pushing them back to the phone. Don't think theming will be to difficult, however what I truly want is the 10% battery meter. This is something I have no clue how to do. I been looking into how you do it and it seems just need to edit the sys_battery.xml file.

So I unpacked the framework apk and edited the xml file and when I repacked the apk the phone boots up fine but none of the battery images display. Not even the 20, 40, 60, 80, ect... What else is supposed to be done besides the xml and png's? Only time I see battery icons is when I plug in the charger, but then again I am not manipulating that xml file.

Also, any one having difficulty with the beta swype, stop typing your swyped words until you Switch your input method from swype to multi and then back?

I can't stand not seeing the percent in my battery icons so I ninjamorphed mine. It worked perfectly the first time. If you're brave enough to use my framework-res.apk, here it is http://db.tt/cSafkpN. I have deodexed my phone with Wug's flashable zip but that's it. If you replace your app in /system/framework and fix permissions it SHOULD work. Make a backup in case something goes wrong.

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah battery icon percentages is just a matter of swapping pngs... no xml editing necessary. I can make that framework-res into a flashable zip if you want.

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Yeah battery icon percentages is just a matter of swapping pngs... no xml editing necessary. I can make that framework-res into a flashable zip if you want.

{{ WugFresh }}

Have at it...how do you do that btw?

Droid-Xer
02-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Use ninjamorph. Follow the link in my sig. Good idea. I'll add a how to make an install zip on the phone so you can flash the mods in clockwork.

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Use ninjamorph. Follow the link in my sig. Good idea. I'll add a how to make an install zip on the phone so you can flash the mods in clockwork.

Cool...thanks!

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 09:11 PM

Are you aware that there are two types of update scripts, each with different syntax's and one that relies on update-binary? Most addons can use the old one without binary.

Edit: I see you just said "on the phone"

{{ WugFresh }}

Torqydd
02-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Well I have read through this stuff a few times now and my brain hurts. I was wondering who is running an overclock app and if it is running properly. I have been trying to use jrummys app but i cant get past the clicking of the low voltage button then it reboots the phone. Tried uninstall reinstall and switching clocking apps but I have a feeling I am missing something on getting this to work. So if any of you folks have gotten any of the over clock apps to work. would you point me in the right direction on which one and what you might have done to get it working.

Droid-Xer
02-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Ya I do everything from the phone. Install zips are easy to toss together.

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Nope...honestly I don't know anything about creating the flashable file. I've extracted a few and it looks like the file to be changed was basically inserted into blank files (i.e. /system/framework/framework-res.apk) but I'm sure there's more to it.

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Ya I do everything from the phone. Install zips are easy to toss together.

I don't know how on the phone.. I write all my updater scripts manually. Do you use zip signer or something, for digital signatures?

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 09:19 PM
I do most everything on my phone but I'd be interested in both methods.

Droid-Xer
02-23-2011, 09:19 PM
No. I use an install zip from, say another theme or rom. Extract it and use the meta-inf/system/remtool.sh folders/files. I go into system folder make my changes, zip it, rename it from zip to apk and then zip all three folders/files and that will be flashable in clockwork.

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah... that can work, but there's more going on in the META-INF folder. That's where the updater script resides and can be scripted differently. Also remtool.sh is for removing files usually with themes it used for removing odex files if they are present. There's a lot more going on... and sometimes its better to use the kind your using, and sometimes its more suitable to use the new syntax with binary for automounting system. Its a little bit more involved... its the reason why some flashable zips don't work on some ROMs and work on others. Its the reason I repackaged the market zips.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Ya I use install zips from the ROM I'm on to ensure compatibility.

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Check your PM.

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Check your PM.

{{ WugFresh }}

Any chance you'd write us up a little how-to? I'd like to understand what all is going on in there.

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Yes. But it won't be so little. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Ok a big guide. I don't mind a good read. :-)

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Ok. I will work on a write up today/tommorow. Droid-Xers way will work most of the time for most apps. But to really explain the subject matter I am going to have to write a lot. Most of WugPort development was time I spent researching this topic, so I can't complete the write up in one night.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
02-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Ya I'll add something this weekend. It won't be as involved/detailed as Wug's but it'll be my way. More of a sharing how I do things and if you like it great if not Wug will have his option as well. Android is about options.

kirbnite
02-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I can't stand not seeing the percent in my battery icons so I ninjamorphed mine. It worked perfectly the first time. If you're brave enough to use my framework-res.apk, here it is http://db.tt/cSafkpN. I have deodexed my phone with Wug's flashable zip but that's it. If you replace your app in /system/framework and fix permissions it SHOULD work. Make a backup in case something goes wrong.

I appreciate the reply, but this is not truly what I was looking for. Your framework has Icons in it for 10% increments, but it is still the original framework with added png's. What I was looking for is help on getting the 10% increments working on this ROM. I have all the png's. If I replace the current set of battery png's with a set for 10%, I can get battery to show but still only shows them drop in 20% increments. If I edit the xml and add lines of code in there for 10% increments, when I load the framework then the battery meter will no longer display at all. Trying to figure out, what I am doing wrong, or what else besides the png's, and editing the stat_sys_battery.xml.

WugFresh
02-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Oh. You just need to review your xml edit. Maybe you overlooked a minor detail.

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 11:15 PM
I appreciate the reply, but this is not truly what I was looking for. Your framework has Icons in it for 10% increments, but it is still the original framework with added png's. What I was looking for is help on getting the 10% increments working on this ROM. I have all the png's. If I replace the current set of battery png's with a set for 10%, I can get battery to show but still only shows them drop in 20% increments. If I edit the xml and add lines of code in there for 10% increments, when I load the framework then the battery meter will no longer display at all. Trying to figure out, what I am doing wrong, or what else besides the png's, and editing the stat_sys_battery.xml.

Ok, now that makes sense. Now that you say that the battery icons do go in 20% increments but the lockscreen display (if plugged in) reads 10% increments. I'd help you out if I understood how the xml's work. Let us know if you figure it out.

joshw0000
02-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Ya I'll add something this weekend. It won't be as involved/detailed as Wug's but it'll be my way. More of a sharing how I do things and if you like it great if not Wug will have his option as well. Android is about options.

Between the two of you, I'm sure I'll get a understanding of it.

kirbnite
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Reading another thread I found out how to get the battery icons to drop by 10% increments, but when I go into settings Ican not go into battery manager. Causes settings to force close. I must be missing something somewhere. Here are my steps.
1. Decompile framework-res.apk
2. Edit stat_sys_battery.xml in both /drawable and /drawable-hdpi.
Added in all of the stat_sys_battery.png's
3. Recompile framework-res.apk
4. Using win-rar replace META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml from the original framework-res.
5. Pushed the framework-res.apk to my phone.

Now it seems the phone functions properly, but most of all the options in settings cause settings to force close.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

cvhovey
02-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Does this mean gingerbread is coming soon to the DroidX or is this just a future OTA update for froyo?

Tweet from P3Droid:
"Woohoo..just Git a gingerbread build from Moto with no blur"
32 minutes ago

macpro88
02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Tweet from P3Droid:
"Woohoo..just Git a gingerbread build from Moto with no blur"
32 minutes ago

Yeah, I saw this too, what does this mean exactly? Is it an official Gingerbread for Droid X?

Snow02
02-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Yeah. Saw that. Someone holler when it hits the tbh app.

Snow02
02-24-2011, 08:41 PM
@mac No, most likely it's a properly signed aosp build.

macpro88
02-24-2011, 08:44 PM
@mac No, most likely it's a properly signed aosp build.

Sweetness, that's actually better news to me lol.

Snow02
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Nevermind. He said it's dev phone only right now. Which means it has all the proper drivers, but it's not signed. He said he's working on it.

trenton
02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh............

macpro88
02-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Nevermind. He said it's dev phone only right now. Which means it has all the proper drivers, but it's not signed. He said he's working on it.

Still, its great progress!

Snow02
02-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Yeah, nice to see moto is definitely planning a release.

macpro88
02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, nice to see moto is definitely planning a release.

Yes, for sure, and if the Droid X gets Gingerbread, can we hope for an unlocked bootloader update as well?!?!? We can only hope...

Snow02
02-24-2011, 09:46 PM
It is impossible to unlock. That dream needs to die.

macpro88
02-24-2011, 09:53 PM

Yeah, I know, impossible to unlock the current version, but if they updated it with an unlocked version with the release of GB, that would be amazing!

kradebaugh
02-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Thats a horrible thing to say!

Snow02
02-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Doesn't make it untrue. Sorry.

macpro88
02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Doesn't make it untrue. Sorry.

The current bootloader will never get cracked, you're right there, and I can't imagine that the bootloader bypasser that FreeMyMoto is working on will work perfectly in time for us to enjoy.

rdtournay
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Man... my eyes hurt from reading all 13 pages. So, is it worth doing it yet or give it time?

Apex 1.4
Cyan Galaxy via wugport
Just how I like it... today.

macpro88
02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Man... my eyes hurt from reading all 13 pages. So, is it worth doing it yet or give it time?

Apex 1.4
Cyan Galaxy via wugport

I think it is, I gave it a test drive the last couple of days, better battery life than stock stock, but not better than ApeX IMO, just fun to mess around with it and see whats new, but it is time consuming because you loose bootstrap, and you have to root using superonelick and re-bootstrap using droid 2 bootstrap, not droid x, so there is some work involved.

kirbnite
02-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Reading another thread I found out how to get the battery icons to drop by 10% increments, but when I go into settings Ican not go into battery manager. Causes settings to force close. I must be missing something somewhere. Here are my steps.
1. Decompile framework-res.apk
2. Edit stat_sys_battery.xml in both /drawable and /drawable-hdpi.
Added in all of the stat_sys_battery.png's
3. Recompile framework-res.apk
4. Using win-rar replace META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml from the original framework-res.
5. Pushed the framework-res.apk to my phone.

Now it seems the phone functions properly, but most of all the options in settings cause settings to force close.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I got it. Above steps are the correct steps, just when recompiling the apk with apk manager, just make sure when it asks you if you would like to use the original files that you did not change, say yes. It will save a lot of frustrations.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rdtournay
02-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Ahhhh. I'm to lazy, unless theres something absolutely amazing about it. My wife thinks I'd rather sleep with my phone the way it is
Lol

Apex 1.4
Cyan Galaxy via wugport

joshw0000
02-25-2011, 08:47 AM
I got it. Above steps are the correct steps, just when recompiling the apk with apk manager, just make sure when it asks you if you would like to use the original files that you did not change, say yes. It will save a lot of frustrations.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Mind sending your framework-res.apk or explaining what changes you made in further detail? If you were able to get 10% increments on a 20% rom, what's to stop you from getting single digit? As far as I know, no one has accomplished that yet.

Droid-Xer
02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
The x can't read single digits. 10 is the lowest increment. 20 is the default. You can edit the xml all you want and add 100 pngs but the phone will only read every 10. Still pretty sweet that ya got the 10% increments going already

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Maybe this is just me, as didn't find any mention of it in the thread, but are any of you seeing AM/PM next to the clock in the notification bar? Not that it really makes much difference but it seems it normally shows AM/PM unless opting for 24-hour clock I thought.

joshw0000
02-25-2011, 09:32 AM
The x can't read single digits. 10 is the lowest increment. 20 is the default. You can edit the xml all you want and add 100 pngs but the phone will only read every 10. Still pretty sweet that ya got the 10% increments going already

I wouldn't say that the phone CAN'T read single digits, just no one has been able to make it do so yet. Other Android phones can display single digits and I'm highly doubtful that the locked bootloader is preventing the change. If the right dev/hacker put his/her mind to it, it could happen. And the phone's default is 10% increments. This is the only rom that's ever had 20% increments on my phone.

Droid-Xer
02-25-2011, 09:45 AM
All ROMs read in 20% unless you either custom rom or theme it. I believe its a kernel issue with the single increments.

ejgilkey
02-25-2011, 10:09 AM
So where are the widgets getting their info? Circle Battery Widget shows 1% increments. I asked the dev where the app pulled the number from and he said that it was from a system file (didn't ask which one)

xrazedx
02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
So where are the widgets getting their info? Circle Battery Widget shows 1% increments. I asked the dev where the app pulled the number from and he said that it was from a system file (didn't ask which one)

He most likely got it from /d/battery/charge_counter. Just type cat /d/battery/charge_counter in a terminal emulator and see if it matches up with the widget. Also, you can go to it with root explorer and view the file as a text file if you prefer the long way.

joshw0000
02-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Is that path correct? I don't have a /d folder. The terminal command returned an error.

xrazedx
02-25-2011, 10:37 AM
For gummyjar/liberty roms, yes. It is also found somewhere else. I forgot where though. Lemme see if I can find it again.

Droid-Xer
02-25-2011, 10:46 AM
The dev could also be using an algorithm to determine battery percentages between the 2 10% increments to get an accurate reading. Ultimately its a widget. We can't get a reading for system temperature because of the bootloader but im sure there are widgets that could give out guesstimates.

Snow02
02-25-2011, 10:52 AM
More likely it's reading battery voltage.

xrazedx
02-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Damn, I can't find it now. I'll look for it later. For gummyjar/liberty roms, its found in the /d/battery/ directory. If he's not using a system file, he is probably using what droid-xer and snow said, an algorithm involving the voltage.

ejgilkey
02-25-2011, 11:29 AM
I believe its sys/class/power_supply/battery.

joshw0000
02-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Hmmm...how do we view this file? It shows up blank as a text file and terminal returns "invalid length".

ejgilkey
02-25-2011, 11:44 AM
I was wondering the same thing, but when I had my phone plugged in with the SDK running, that path was listed as being accessed by the widget when the number changed.

joshw0000
02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh ok.

db306
02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Just noticed that when I was flashing this update, it says that "This file will also install bootstrap and root". Do we still need to do the oneclick root and use d2 bootstrap?

joshw0000
02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Just noticed that when I was flashing this update, it says that "This file will also install bootstrap and root". Do we still need to do the oneclick root and use d2 bootstrap?

Yup, said the same thing when I flashed it.

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Here is the 10% clock in the form of an update.zip

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OV8XVW76)

Boot into bootstrap and install the zip.

db306
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OV8XVW76)

Is this for the battery?

db306
02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Also is that the stock battery icon? Thanks

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM

Quick question ... since this doesn't do any themeing, do I have to deodex before installing?

For me, I seem when stock, I seem to get better battery life when odexed rather than deodexed, but I can't recall if I've ever done framework-res.apk update when not deodexed.

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 01:59 PM
I honestly am not 100% sure, but I believe in order to do theming you must deodex. I did prior to modifying framework-res.apk. You can always backup your rom prior to trying. Worst case senerio is you have to restore. So far this rom has given me very good battery life.

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
I honestly am not 100% sure, but I believe in order to do theming you must deodex. I did prior to modifying framework-res.apk. You can always backup your rom prior to trying. Worst case senerio is you have to restore. So far this rom has given me very good battery life.

Thanks!

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Is this for the battery?

This file changes the stock battery icons with ones I made as well as displays the battery charge in the notification bar. In the increments of 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. As the Rom is already reporting these by the system. If you ever check battery manager in settings you would see this. That's why it is possible to manipulate it. To make the rom display in other increments the Rom would have had to be told to do this upon initial creation. That is my understanding anyways.

db306
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
This file changes the stock battery icons with ones I made as well as displays the battery charge in the notification bar. In the increments of 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. As the Rom is already reporting these by the system. If you ever check battery manager in settings you would see this. That's why it is possible to manipulate it. To make the rom display in other increments the Rom would have had to be told to do this upon initial creation. That is my understanding anyways.

Thanks. I would also like to confirm whether or not we have to deodex prior to installing this.

db306
02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Do you also have a picture of what your icons look like? Thanks

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 03:22 PM
I am not 100% positive, but believe the answer is yes that you need to be deodexed.

As for a pic this is my first attempt so I hope it works.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd9cfd-1d85-25b8.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd9cfd-201a-fa93.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd9cfd-28bb-e4ef.jpg

Looks like it did. All the percentages look similar until you hit 40% then the black and yellow invert (blocks are black and separated by yellow dividers and then reverse for 40%, 30%, and 20%) then at 15%, 10%, and 5% the blocks turn red with red numerical text as well.

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks. I would also like to confirm whether or not we have to deodex prior to installing this.

Yes you do, because otherwise kirbnite would have had to re odex after making the edit and package both a framework-res.apk and a framework-res.odex. If you don't deodex then your system will read the information twice, because the info in your current framework-res.odex file is already included in kirbnite's framework-res.apk. Like I said, he could re-odex his system using the program xUltimate and then distribute an odexed version as well.

{{ WugFresh }}

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I just tried to deodex ... but it was aborted Status 7. So I'm going to try to re-download and hope it was just a corrupted file in the deodexer.

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Did you edit your build.prop?

{{ WugFresh }}

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Did you edit your build.prop?

Yes ... duuuummmb me. But good thing I saved stock as a .BAK so will switch that and try again. Forgot that it would check the build.prop first. Sigh.....

UPDATE: Well, that didn't work. I was able to get deodexer to work, but get stuck at "M" even after battery pull. At least I can get into boostrap recovery.

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I will look into ultimatex. I never deodexed a ROM until this one and WugFresh made that very easy. Thank you WugFresh.

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
In the deodexer zip you will find the original build.prop, so you could always copy it in. That's how it checks, it compares strings in yours to the one it has included. I suppose I could make one that doesn't check system version, but I was nervous that people on old builds would use my deodexer... which I imagine would cause some problems.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
I will look into ultimatex. I never deodexed a ROM until this one and WugFresh made that very easy. Thank you WugFresh.

Your welcome, I actually never even used that program myself; I cheated and got the deodexed new blurred files from Trenton. He ran xUltimate and hooked me up with his files. I just wrote the updater script for the deodexer update zip.

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 03:56 PM
To re-odex, I take it I am only re-odexing the single apk in my case it would be framework-res.apk. I will try out when my child takes a nap.

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Running a flashlight, playing music, and constantly using forums to drain the battery so I could make it from 60% to 40% to show color change lol.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd9cfd-1d85-25b8.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd9cfd-201a-fa93.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd9cfd-28bb-e4ef.jpg

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Wug, don't know what I'm doing wrong. After reverting back to the stock build.prop file, the deodexer works fine and reports success upon completion. But ... I'm not able to get beyond the "M" boot logo.

Next, I wiped, restored, swapped back stock build.prop again, and successfully got deodexed. But again stuck at "M" boot logo. I mean it sits there 10+ minutes which is far, far longer than any new boot would take to kick in. Went back to bootstrapper recovery, wiped cache and dalvik, but still cannot get past "M".

Any idea what might cause this? Could it be anything to do with having renamed some stock system apps to .bak (to prevent them from running) before deodexing?

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I can't really pinpoint your problem based on what you told me but deodexing is something that ideally you would want to do after a fresh install, that would pretty much garrentee it works. I don't see why renamed apks would cause a problem though... I guess its possible.

{{ WugFresh }}

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Wug, I'm gonna try re-flashing 3.4.2 over my existing install then try deodexer from there. If not, do fresh install. My batting average is obviously somewhere in the "crash and burn" range.

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Sorry, I cannot figure out how to re-odex, so the battery meter zip I posted earlier is for deodex. Sorry if you wanted out odex version.

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Here is the 10% clock in the form of an update.zip ....

Finally got deodexed after flashing a fresh install of 3.4.2 over top my existing set-up, then (had to) re-root, and finally got deodexer to work. Then I slightly modified your file by dropping in some alternate PNGs via 7-Zip ... but I couldn't have done that without you framework-res.apk modification. Here's a pix of the battery PNGs I dropped in:

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 05:47 PM
@kirbnite
Does xUltimate not go the other way?... that was kind of just an assumption... was I wrong, or were you just having difficulties?

{{ WugFresh }}

snoop5
02-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Wug, I'm gonna try re-flashing 3.4.2 over my existing install then try deodexer from there. If not, do fresh install. My batting average is obviously somewhere in the "crash and burn" range.

It has something to do with the build props i think, because i changed mine in root explorer and got stuck at m no matter what i did, but i could get into clockwork so i reflashed the rom and now up and running good, just not going to mess with the build prop this time:big smile:

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
You can mess with it after you deodex. Just make a backup of your build.prop before doing edits; copy and paste it somewhere and call it build.prop.bak

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I saw no option to re-odex. That does not mean its not buried in there and I over looked it. But while my son slept, I tried and did not see it.

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Finally got deodexed after flashing a fresh install of 3.4.2 over top my existing set-up, then (had to) re-root, and finally got deodexer to work. Then I slightly modified your file by dropping in some alternate PNGs via 7-Zip ... but I couldn't have done that without you framework-res.apk modification. Here's a pix of the battery PNGs I dropped in:

Nice, I never changed the charging png's. I probably should take the time to do that too. Maybe later when he goes to bed for the night. when he is awake, I will play with the phone, but he wants the laptop too bad to bring it out when we are awake. We would rather play and have fun together.

snoop5
02-25-2011, 06:03 PM
can we use a different launcher with this build

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 06:10 PM
@kirbnite
Oh... hmm... maybe theirs some other tool that does it. If they have DeOdexer app's there's got to be an Re-Odexer app somewhere. It's very possible that xUltimate doesn't do it... not that many people want to go the other way.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 06:10 PM
can we use a different launcher with this build

You can use launcher replacements on any ROM

{{ WugFresh }}

snoop5
02-25-2011, 06:14 PM
You can use launcher replacements on any ROM

{{ WugFresh }}

thanks alot i was just nervous:wink:

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 06:23 PM
@kirbnite
Oh... hmm... maybe theirs some other tool that does it. If they have DeOdexer app's there's got to be an Re-Odexer app somewhere. It's very possible that xUltimate doesn't do it... not that many people want to go the other way.

{{ WugFresh }}

Yeah, I don't see a need to reverse it, but to each their own. I was just going to give those the battery update that were afraid of deodexing.

Thanks for your insight. Learned a lot in the past month playing around with other peoples themes, and apk manager, and all the forums dedicated to people wanting to theme. If I was good at graphic design, I would create my own theme, but for now, I will just piece together a theme from what I like in different themes to make a unique one that I like.

That wug port you made, I take it that pulls certain apks from the phone and replaced the pngs from a specific theme and places them in your current rom on the phone? Have not yet downloaded it, but am interested in using it.

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Well its a windows program, not one the phone. You put a theme zip in it, it extracts it, then selectively extracts the pngs from the system apps and repackages them into the system apps for the ROM you are porting too. The full WugPort package includes the framework and app folders for every ROM, so all the user has to to do is drop a theme.zip in a folder and run the batch. The program outputs a fully flashable zip with the ported theme as well as any additional goodies the user wants, and user apps pre-bundled. Check it out.

I am working on ways for the user to customize the xml pre-port. That, along with selective framework and system app porting, so a user could port a lock screen from one theme, a pull down notification from another, and battery icons from another. That is the goal for v4.7 which hopefully will be done within a week, as well as a few other features if I can work them out...

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-25-2011, 06:55 PM
WOW, that is impressive. I will certainly check it out. I will say that that xultimate makes the theming process easier. I will be customizing this rom soon and will try your app out. I wish I had the knowledge to do that stuff. I have a limited programing knowledge. Its been years since I have done it (almost 10 years). I remember it did not feel like work, but fun. I suppose you get that feeling when doing a project like the one you are doing.

cvhovey
02-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Nice, I never changed the charging png's. I probably should take the time to do that too. Maybe later ...

I came across a farily easy to use Theme Kitchen (http://uot.dakra.lt/) and just cooked up two custom variations of battery icons with whatever colors you want to use and for either white or black notification bar. Then extract and save the battery icons ... it makes them in 1% increments so only need to keep the 0, 5, 10, etc and dump the others.

kirbnite
02-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Ok, I have downloaded and tried the blurrr_wugport, but have a little problem. It seems to sort of work for me for the most part, but says it cannot find like 10 apks, from the system folder.

I tried this theme.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/126842-theme-honeycomb-liberty-1-5-a.html

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Did you put it in a top directory with no spaces, like:
C:/wugport/

?

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-26-2011, 12:50 PM
no, its in one on my desktop. Ill try that. Sorry.

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 12:55 PM
No need to apologize.. lol, I am just in trouble shoot mode. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I moved the folder to c:\wugport\

and still having difficulties.

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 02:10 PM
That's perfect, your good. It always says that as the first entry... I can't fix that message from outputting to.screen otherwise I would.. sorry.

And it only will port the apps it can. I am guessing you are porting a blurrless theme? In that case, Phone.apk cannot port to BlurrPhone.apk..., nor will the blurr-res.apk be themed. But whatever cab be ported will.

{{ WugFresh }}

cvhovey
02-26-2011, 03:12 PM
FYI: UnkleDuke over on XDA has a couple themes for stock 2.3.340 (i.e. themes that don't require you being on a custom rom like Liberty, ApeX, etc.). But he's now running Blur 3.4.2. so is in the process of updating some of his themes. That would be great for those who (like me) want to avoid the frustration of porting a theme, only to find font colors don't match etc (been there, done that).

I believe that UnkleDuke updated his "Gingerbread" theme. And he just mentioned that he's completed the 10% battery increments on the "Galaxy DX" theme. Not sure if he'll be updating his "Stock AOSP Froyo" and "HTC Sense" themes. But at least he'll hopefully have a couple theme options for stock 3.4.2 soon. If anyone is interested, I can post a link when he has a theme or two or more ready for download.

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Nice! I don't like when the colors mismatch either. That is why I am working on ways to edit xml preport in WugPort v4.7. Hopefully I will get it done this week.

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Ok, thanks for checking. It is blurless theme, was just confused when the apps listed are all apps that are in Blur 3.4.2. I knew the blurrr apps won't work as the apks have different names. Pngs are mostly the same, so could always do those apks manually, or rename them prior to using wugport.

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah.. I thought of making the script autorename them... but I was hesitant that it would cause problems. If you think that there are some blurr apps that match closely enough with non blurred apps, I can make a beta script wugport.

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-26-2011, 04:36 PM
No worries. Still confused on it in general as o only have tried 1 theme. I'm fairly new to modding and every day is a learning experience. I now know how to manually edit the clock color in services.jar, but still unsuccessful with the date which I thought was an easy edit of the status_bar.xml in layout folder of framework. I think for now I will go back and leave it all at the stock until I figure it out.

joshw0000
02-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Anyone have problems restoring backups (3.4.2 or 2.3.340)? I flashed the 10% increments yesterday but had problems, most likely because I had changed several system apps to .bak. It wasn't a bootloop or a M freeze. I'll call it a "Haters gonna Studder" loop. I was using the "Haters gonna hate" boot animation from absolute system. The flash was sucessful but it would lag really bad on the bootanimation. The chubby guy would take one step, freeze, the screen would go black, then he'd take another step, and so on. I gave it about 20 min before the first battery pull. I tried wiping cache and doing a few reboots before I gave up.

I tried to install my backup (didn't alter the name) but got a md5 mismatch. So I tried to restore a backup I made before deodexing (named properly) and got the same md5 mismatch. I then tried my clean 3.4.2 backup and again, got the error. I finally decided to maderstcok back to 2.3.340 but it failed 3 times when updating the radio. I don't think it's a corrupt download because I've used it before.

Getting frustrated, I attempted to restore some of my 2.3.340 backups (including the stock one) but all of them gave me the same md5 mismatch. Running out of files on my sd card,.I flashed Liberty and it took. I installed DXB and restored my most current Libery backup with no problems. Since the restore I've not had any problems.

I haven't tried restoring any of the backups yet that failed with D2B but I plan on it when my wife and daughter go to bed. It seems weird that I was able to successfully flash a 2.3.340 rom without Maderstcok and not have errors. Does anyone know if it updates the system even if it fails later in the flash? I didn't have to activate my phone (since the radio didn't flash).

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 05:01 PM
That's some crazyness that your liberty restore worked without a successful maderstcok. I guess the most important stuff installed. However, next time you have a problem you should post it. I could have easily written you a flashable zip that either replaced your boot animation or deleted it entirely.

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
02-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't think it was the boot animation because I've used it on several roms without problems. Plus I was out shopping with my wife and daughter which made it even more stressful. Don't ask me why, but I literally flashed the file walking out the door. Guess some times I get too brave with this phone. Guess I'll eventually join the sbf club with you. :-)

WugFresh
02-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Lol. You really might want to already or at least try maderstcok. Having an error durring that can't be good and could potentially cause problems in the future.

{{ WugFresh }}

may0799
02-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Flashed back to 3.4.2 a few hours ago. Tried to root with super oneclick. Last time it took a few seconds to run once I got it going. This time I let it sit for 47 very long minutes before I got the "device is Rooted" box. My question is, Is it normal for it to take so long, and why the big time difference from a few days ago when I ran it?

kirbnite
02-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Not sure if I should post this here or on WugFresh's successful ports page, but here is the Honeycomb made for Liberty ported to Blur 3.4.2

Actual Theme is here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lib...rty-1-5-a.html (http://redirectingat.com/?id=1629X685118&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.droidforums.net%2Fforum%2Flib erty-rom-d2%2F126842-theme-honeycomb-liberty-1-5-a.html&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.droidxforums.com%2Fforum%2Fd roid-x-hacks%2F18886-blur-3-4-2-a-45.html)

Then this is the link to the wugported theme with xml edits done: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2ADQW2P5)

WugFresh
02-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Nice! I am happy you are sharing your work so I don't care where you post it. I will add it to the repository and credit you appropriately.

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Nice! I am happy you are sharing your work so I don't care where you post it. I will add it to the repository and credit you appropriately.

{{ WugFresh }}

That is the full port and it is rather large (73 MB). Uploading new one (25 MB) with only the files that were themed. Not sure how you would like it for there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4VU8ROUZ

WugFresh
02-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I am a silly and included some unnecessary apps in the new blurr wugport that will never be themed... my fault.

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Not truly silly. If some one makes one theme sometimes they don't theme all the same ones that someone else did. This ensures that the theme ported looks like or as close as that person who ported could get it without having to go back to stock prior to applying a new theme.

WugFresh
02-27-2011, 08:18 PM
No, I mean I included apps that will NEVER be themed, like ones that you don't even see in your app drawer. That was silly. I was rushing to get it out and didn't comb it over. It still works, just larger outputted zips...

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Heck, I'm grateful for what you have done. Easy enough to delete them ourselves. I noticed that that theme does not have 5 & 15% battery icons, so when we get to those percents will look goofy as my prior battery icons I had in there for stock will be used. I will update that later. Time to play with son. Poor guy is sick and just woke up.

kirbnite
02-28-2011, 05:05 AM
Well about that theme, I ported, out is truly not complete. Battery icons 5% & 15%, And I fixed widget button text and widget menu text, but somewhere in there is a mistake as Astro file manager, when I go into settings, and more options, text is black on black. Sorry, thought out was ready. The original creator of this theme did not do barely any (if any) .9.png correctly. If I have time, I will fix that as well.

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Thank you for putting in time learning xml edits... I know they are tedious...

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Don't know if it was mentioned here, but over on DF someone fixed Swype by changing the build number from 3.4.2 to VZW in the build.prop. I can confirm that this works. But I'm noticing that MLB At Bat 2011 is not showing up in the market. Would this be affected by the build.prop? If so, can someone post a stock 2.3.340 build.prop?

cvhovey
02-28-2011, 08:31 AM
(Had posted the 2.3.340 build.prop but seems it wasn't what was needed so removed it)

budmonster
02-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Quick note, I was rooted but just unrooted and started clean last night. I'm currently on .340, I flashed the FULL SBF last night.

Anyways. I keep seeing all these Blur 3.4.2 threads out there and it's sad to say, but I'm still not sure what it is? Can someone please elaborate to me in detail what Blur 3.4.2 is. Is Blur 3.4.2 a ROM, just a new build, an update to .340, etc.? I'm confused on what it is. I do have the TBH app that has this so I can download it if needed. I'm just curious to know what the whole deal about this is and if its worth updating to this?

Thank you,
BUD

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah, that worked for me, too. Haven't seen anything not show up in the Market yet, but have wondered if maybe we need to combine BOTH edits: the VZW change and the signed release changes. I recall lots of folks had app issues with the Market during the early stages of Froyo, so its possible the Market is still seeing those 3.4.2 references further down in build.prop. Anyway, I had the stock 2.3.340 build.prop and an attaching it for you.

That looks to be the 3.4.2 build prop. If you don't have it it's fine, I'll flash back and get it later on, I'm in no hurry. I just won't have a way to get back to 3.4.0 and reroot till I get home.

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Quick note, I was rooted but just unrooted and started clean last night. I'm currently on .340, I flashed the FULL SBF last night.

Anyways. I keep seeing all these Blur 3.4.2 threads out there and it's sad to say, but I'm still not sure what it is? Can someone please elaborate to me in detail what Blur 3.4.2 is. Is Blur 3.4.2 a ROM, just a new build, an update to .340, etc.? I'm confused on what it is. I do have the TBH app that has this so I can download it if needed. I'm just curious to know what the whole deal about this is and if its worth updating to this?

Thank you,
BUD

It's a unofficial VZW build. Probably just a test for the updated Blur. It uses a slightly different kernel update so you must use the sbf.zip files to load it and to go back to your old backups/roms. Check out the OP for instructions.

cvhovey
02-28-2011, 09:35 AM
That looks to be the 3.4.2 build prop. If you don't have it it's fine, I'll flash back and get it later on, I'm in no hurry. I just won't have a way to get back to 3.4.0 and reroot till I get home.

Hmmm....I pulled this file out of an older folder of stock 2.3.340 after extracting all the files some time back. I just re-checked that build.prop file I zipped up this morning and the 5th line is showing: ro.build.version.incremental=2.3.340 Could not find any reference to 3.4.2 in it. After I post this, I'm going to download the file from here and check for any reference to 3.4.2 in it. Anyway, I'm going to pull the file then since it wasn't what you wanted.

Also just checked maderstcok340.zip and his build.prop is showing 2.3.320.

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Sorry, just checked again, I must have downloaded the 3.4.2 build.prop from somewhere else. Yours is right. Sorry bout that.

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 11:07 AM
That did the trick. The app was back in the market. Don't understand what would keep it from showing up.

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Don't know if it was mentioned here, but over on DF someone fixed Swype by changing the build number from 3.4.2 to VZW in the build.prop. I can confirm that this works. But I'm noticing that MLB At Bat 2011 is not showing up in the market. Would this be affected by the build.prop? If so, can someone post a stock 2.3.340 build.prop?

Could you give exact instructions like maybe what line to change 3.4.2 to vzw? I am a newbie and normally I can figure stuff out by trial and error. I don't think I want to try trial and error on this one...lol

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Is it the build id line?

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Got impatient....anyway I am typing this with swype. ;)

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Good work! Sorry I couldnt get back to ya.

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks! Ej you have taught me much with your previous postings so thank you!

kirbnite
02-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Early on in this thread is what in the build.prop needs to be edited to get the market to think it is 2.3.340 to get that working.

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Thread is getting pretty long, hard to remember where I saw things sometimes.

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 04:46 PM
You should post the original and modified build props as downloadable files in the OP. Just a suggestion....

{{ WugFresh }}

kirbnite
02-28-2011, 04:50 PM

This was back on page 29.

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 05:36 PM
If I want to deodex should I wait to make these changes after I deodex or does it matter?

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Won't matter, deodexing won't touch your build.prop

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 05:40 PM
You should post the original and modified build props as downloadable files in the OP. Just a suggestion....

{{ WugFresh }}

Good idea

cvhovey
02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Unless Wug made changes to the deodexer, it will check the build.prop file first before proceeding. My first try at deodexing failed when I'd edited build.prop first. But then again, he could have changed it.

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah.. I could take away the check but what if someone on normal stock try's using my deodexer...

{{ WugFresh }}

ejgilkey
02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
What part of the build.prop does it check?

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Can't get deodexer to work...tried after build.prop mods and before...no go

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 06:44 PM
ro.build.fingerprint

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Can't get deodexer to work...tried after build.prop mods and before...no go

Ideally you do it after a fresh install, thats how other people resolved issues... I'm sorry I can't pinpoint your problem.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
I guess I could release one with out the check.. I just don't want people complaining to me when their phone starts FC'ing or crashing when they try using this on stock.

{{ WugFresh }}

fersayken2
02-28-2011, 06:54 PM
I will start fresh...flash again and factory reset?

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I just looked at the original build prop. and it explicitly says in the comments "do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint"

Whoops. Looks like that was a bad idea. Lol. I was too busy looking at code that I overlooked the english. My bad. I will release another one.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I will start fresh...flash again and factory reset?

Nah wait. This is all my fault. Don't bother.

{{ WugFresh }}