PDA

View Full Version : Best bluetooth stereo headphones/mic?

UNCMo96
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm looking to get a set. Which ones sound the best and work the best with the Droid X?

DMFA
02-11-2011, 10:07 AM
What do you want to do with it? Running, working out, listening at home, etc.

I use Sony's BT-DR160AS (i think that's what it's called) and love it for running and working out. It's very lightweight and thin and the earbuds block out noise fairly well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

UNCMo96
02-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Mostly walking on the subway/trains/street.

DMFA
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I had a Motorola S9 last year...It was advertised for working out, but broke after a couple months due to not being sweat-proof.

If you're just using it for walking around and sitting on the subway, you probably don't need one of the big bulky ones. Like I said before, I've got the Sony DR-BT160AS, but they're p expensive, like $100. They're also really thin and probably easy to lose, too. The Motorola S9-HD retails for around $55, I think. They get OK reviews.

tmdroidx
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Whatever you do, dont buy the Jabra Clipper. Its crap. Drops signal if you get more than a foot away (sounds like a skipping cd). Im currently searching for a good set myself.

volox
02-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I personally really like my Jabra BT8010 because I can carry just the mono earpiece on me when all I'm concerned with is having it for calls, but I can plug in the other earpiece when I want to go stereo for the gym. I'm not sure why Jabra has apparently dropped this concept of 'convertible' headsets because every person I've ever met who has a BT8010 absolutely loves the functionality. I'm hoping that some manufacturer out there gets a clue and starts selling such a thing again before my existing one bites it.

There are only two small issues I've had with mine... on my old phone it would have issues with weak connections when the headset was on my right and the phone was in the left pocket, but I haven't had any such issues with the droidX so I'm thinking that was the old phone as much as it was the headset. The only other issue I've had is that when you turn the headset on it seems to like to start up in music mode - so you press the button to start voice activation and it plays music instead - but that's a small issue because two button presses on the headset and you're back where you want to be.

jgraham4598
02-12-2011, 06:14 PM
I have the motorokr s9-hd. I have had it for about six months now with no problems. I have done a lot of blowing snow this winter and they are still working fine. I also run with them and they do a good job staying in place. The sound is also really good. Beware of chinese knockoffs on ebay.