PDA

View Full Version : Using Boot loader

luckystreak
02-10-2011, 09:42 AM
I have done tons of reading and have my X rooted, downloaded the free DroidX bootloader and have it on my SD card, how to I get it to run now. All I have seen is how to run it from the apps menu.

macpro88
02-10-2011, 10:03 AM
How old is your Droid X? If it is recent, you should have the most current bootloader wich is 30.04.

To get into your bootloader, hold down the camera button + volume down button + power button, release power button, while hold the other two buttons down until bootloader comes up.

Now, why do you want to use it? Bootloader should only be used when you need to flash an .sbf file using RSD Lite.

Flashing an .sbf file should only be done if and only if you can not get into clockworkmod and you are stuck in a boot loop or similar situation.

C Dippa
02-10-2011, 10:19 AM
I think the OP means bootstrap, lol. Just go into "Files", and it's probably in "downloads" on the sd card. Press the file and it will prompt you to install.

macpro88
02-10-2011, 10:31 AM
ahh, OK, yeah, Bootstrap would be COMPLETELY different lol. If its the .apk, just navigate to it via file bowser, click install! If it came zipped, unzip it on your pc desktop, then place the .apk on the root of your sd card, use file browser to find and install!

luckystreak
02-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys, yes I had a blonde moment with strap!!! I have done everything but can't find apk file nothing I do seems to work. I have tried downloading onto my mac, on vmware plus direct from my phone, please tell me what I am doing wrong??? I would just download app but my cc is holding $1 verification

1KDS
02-12-2011, 11:28 AM
If you dl it straight to the phone you can go to browser>menu>more>downloads>bootstrap>click it to install