PDA

View Full Version : i tried to root my droid x and it is stuck on he liberty screen

pkdub
02-10-2011, 02:59 AM
i tried to root droid x using the z4 root and liberty video on youtube. it is stuck on the
bootup screen. how do i undo this back to factory settings?

Musicman
02-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Battery pull then reboot. That should work.

Sent from my liberated DX

skennelly
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
If you have the liberty screen, aren't you already rooted?

Sent from my DROID X in Western Illinois

DebianDog
02-11-2011, 02:12 PM
If you have the liberty screen, aren't you already rooted?

Yes

Beamed from my DroidX

t.crawford714
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
What happens if you unroot and your ROM'ed?

If you can't get passed the boot up screen you'll have to .sbf http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-guides/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html and then maderstcok to .340 http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html)

joshw0000
02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
i tried to root droid x using the z4 root and liberty video on youtube. it is stuck on the
bootup screen. how do i undo this back to factory settings?

If you were able to flash Liberty, you are rooted and have Droid X Bootstrap installed. Don't panic, we all have problems the first time we try this. You need to pull the battery (as previously stated) when you put the battery back in and power up, the phone should display the "M" or the "Liberty" depending on if the rom took. It will then go to the Clockwork recovery screen. Wipe data and cache and flash the rom again. If that doesn't work, restore your backup (assuming you made one).

If the phone DOESN'T boot to Clockwork and freezes again, pull the battery again and power on holding home and power until you see an exclamation point. Release them and press search. Wipe data and cache in this screen (Stock DX Recovery). Reboot and you should go into Clockwork recovery now.

If all else fails you can sbf your phone to make it like new again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

pkdub
02-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok. Thanks everyone for all your help. My question now is how do I unlock the the thering capability? And will I need a tethering app?

TideFan22
02-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Yes u will need a tethering app

My X has been orangesliced!!

joshw0000
02-19-2011, 08:11 AM
TBH (Team Black Hat) has a file that you can flash in recovery that allows you to use the 3g hotspot app for free...or just download wireless tether from the market. Either way, you have to be rooted for it to work.

pkdub
02-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Thank you. It works great. I recently got my wife a droid 1 is there any free rooting software available? I tried using easy root, but they make you purchase a key.

Gorgarath
02-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Thank you. It works great. I recently got my wife a droid 1 is there any free rooting software available? I tried using easy root, but they make you purchase a key.

Yes. I didn't have to pay anyone anything to root my OG Droid. I think I have the files to root it on my PC at work still.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, I believe it was a batch file that you ran when your phone was connected to your PC. Needed debugging turned on and that was all. Or was that the Droid 2 that I did that with... It's been forever since I rooted the Droid 1, my wife uses it now.

pkdub
02-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Is there any way to root the droid 1 without a pc? It is running android 2.2.1 what version of what app do I need?

joshw0000
02-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Is there any way to root the droid 1 without a pc? It is running android 2.2.1 what version of what app do I need?

Try z4root. It should work.

btucker2003
02-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Try z4root. It should work.

Boom!

X'd out!!!

pkdub
02-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Z4 root doesn't work. Which version works with droid 1?.

joshw0000
02-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Try Super One Click Root http://forum.droid-life.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1268&start=0

TideFan22
02-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah superone click should work, its no harder than z4 just plug in to com open superone as aministator click root finish reboot vwala

My X has been orangesliced!!

pkdub
10-14-2011, 12:21 AM
I tried using gingerbreak, it didn't take. It just said acquiring root shell for about an hour. No reboot. Kinda stumped can anyone help?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
10-14-2011, 12:40 AM
I tried using gingerbreak, it didn't take. It just said acquiring root shell for about an hour. No reboot. Kinda stumped can anyone help?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

are you on gingerbread or froyo?
in about phone under settings will tell you... 2.3.x is gingerbread.. .which gingerbreak can not root... the link to an excellent walk threw on the root is on my sig under root: gingerbread

ashpdwinDX
10-14-2011, 01:27 AM
My friend used Gingerbreak on his OG droid and it worked fine. Try it agian..he said it took a few trys to get it. Super one click should work as well