PDA

View Full Version : Headphone jack not working

Shockey8880
02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Is this a common problem with the DX? Got mine for Christmas and it stopped working about 2 weeks ago, anyone know any fixes or should I just try to get a new one?

usmc7356
02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Warranty swap if you aren't rooted and on a rom. Hardware shouldn't fail on stock os.

$wYp€d on my deoliberooted x with the dxf app

Shockey8880
02-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Is there an easy way to recover everything I've done on this phone on a new one?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

DieseL
02-09-2011, 02:45 PM
You'll still have your apps when you sign in to the Google account on your new phone. Make sure you take your sd card out of your old phone.

usmc7356
02-09-2011, 05:59 PM
You can download titanium backup too and back up to your sd card and keep that when you swap phones.

$wYp€d on my deoliberooted x with the dxf app

Shockey8880
02-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Does titanium backup work on unrooted phones as well, I've only seen it mentioned when petre are talking about rooting.

scottpole
02-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Unfortunately no it doesn't. What I would do is...
1. Root using z4root. Version 1.3 has always worked for me. 4shared.com has it.
2. Use titanium backup to back up all of your apps. And make sure you sync all your contacts with Google.
3. Download and flash maderstcok's 2.3.340 which will unroot and revert to stock.
4. Walk into Verizon with upset and desperate approach and demand a new x LOL.
Last step not recommended

Uploaded from my Blurry X ~_~

wicked
02-10-2011, 02:11 AM
If you're going to swap out your phone and you are currently not rooted, I suggest just making sure backing up your contacts and of course make sure to hold on to your SD card.
Let the market install your apps on the new phone. No need to root just to use Titanium Backup, the market will do it for ya. You don't want to have to worry about unrooting and removing root apps...

Shockey8880
02-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah I've been thinking about it and I don't really have much on here since I've only had the phone for about two months, so I'll probably just move my music on to my sd card.

I know this isn't the root forum but where can I get Z4, it's not on the market is it?

wicked
02-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah I've been thinking about it and I don't really have much on here since I've only had the phone for about two months, so I'll probably just move my music on to my sd card.

I know this isn't the root forum but where can I get Z4, it's not on the market is it?

Here you go buddy http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/13259-z4root-download-links-get-your-root-here.html

Shockey8880
02-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks fire that link, I got my jack to work so I may actually root tonight.

meanstreak
05-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Is this a common problem with the DX? Got mine for Christmas and it stopped working about 2 weeks ago, anyone know any fixes or should I just try to get a new one?

Before I attempted to echange mine I attempted to check with small rod to see if I could feel the contact inside the phone. When I removed the rod out came a piece of lint and my problem was solved

Nbr1Caniac
01-02-2012, 03:18 PM
take a paper clip and clean out the audio jack. lint and small peices of paper in ther...it's a common problem...worked like a charm for me

megancheung
04-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Got my Razr MAXX last week and it worked great, headphone jack worked and everything. Got the OTA update Saturday morning and since the headphone jack stopped working and I really do not see much improvement in battery life, but I did get a huge jump in 4g speeds.