PDA

View Full Version : How do I add video to my X...

HDDroidX
02-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Well okay ill ask my first dumb question: I've transferred music fine via Medialink, but how do I transfer some video, cartoons specifically to the X?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

smalltowngirl13
02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Moved your post into it's own thread - I think you will get more answers here than in the Intro area ;)...

scottpole
02-09-2011, 02:37 AM
You can always copy the actual file of the video and paste it on your sd card

Uploaded from my Blurry X ~_~

ryant35
02-09-2011, 02:41 AM
It depends on where the cartoon comes from, DVD or a video file download. There are free apps to convert DVD to avi files so you can view them on your DX.

dvdcatalyst
02-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Well okay ill ask my first dumb question: I've transferred music fine via Medialink, but how do I transfer some video, cartoons specifically to the X?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Videos need to be in a supported file format, such as MP4, or you have to install a videoplayer program from the market such as vplayer/rockplayer.

If the videos are in the correct format, they will play using the DroidX build-in video player (and Gallery app) and can then also played on TV using the HDMI cable.

If you have videos in the correct format (if not, download a few from the trailer thread in my signature to play with) just connect your DroidX to your computer using the USB cable. It should show up then as a removable drive in "My Computer"
If not, unlock your Droid X, drag the bar at the top downawrds, and tap on USB connection. Then select "USB Mass Storage". Then it should show up in "My COmputer.

Then just drag your video files over to the removable disk.
Once the files are transfered, you can use the "Files" app to find and play your videos, or open Gallery to select them.

kuntersmith
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
It depends on where the cartoon comes from, DVD or a video file download. There are free apps to convert DVD to avi files so you can view them on your DX.

AVI can play on Droid X? I know the best video format for playing on Droid X is MP4, H.264, 854*480.

kuntersmith
03-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I think u can use Dropbox to transmit movies to Droid X.