PDA

View Full Version : Photo gallery frezzes

sliwolf
02-08-2011, 12:02 PM
This is my second droidx in past mouth and it still freezes on the pic gallery. When you open the gallery the camera roll gallery in the top left hand corner just shows the bod label and not the photos behind it like the other galleries do. When this happens it will not let any of the other galleries to be opened. You have to close it out and then open it again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

mopar-x
02-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Go into the gallery app and clear the data for the gallery. You will not lose any pictures this just clears any bad data wich sounds like your issue. Let me know how you make out.

sliwolf
02-08-2011, 12:24 PM
How do you clear the data. One more thing on this. When they sent this new phone I put my old memory card back in this phone.

mopar-x
02-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Did the freezing start as soon as you put the old SD card in?

sliwolf
02-08-2011, 12:33 PM
The first time I opened the app the camera roll was slow to show the pictures behind the name bar (camera roll) butt it did open. A few days it was fine butt lastnight and this morning it has been all most every time. I cleared the data don't know yet. Do you think putting my new memory card in would help.

mopar-x
02-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok then hit the home button, go in to settings for the phone, applications, manage applications, find the gallery app, and there will be a button to clear data. That should help take care of the issue .

sliwolf
02-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I did, so far so good. Thank you for the help.

mopar-x
02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
The first time I opened the app the camera roll was slow to show the pictures behind the name bar (camera roll) butt it did open. A few days it was fine butt lastnight and this morning it has been all most every time. I cleared the data don't know yet. Do you think putting my new memory card in would help.

Sorry didn't read the hole post (I'm sick with a cold) . You may just have a corrupt file or photo in the app ... if you cleared the data and it doesn't solve the issue you may want to use a third party app from the market or just try the new SD card.

mopar-x
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I did, so far so good. Thank you for the help.

No problem :)

sliwolf
02-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Well no luck at it fixing the problem. I haven't tried the sd card swap yet. It will do fine as long as I keep the data clear but if I take one pic its back to same thing. Any sugest

maybish
02-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Sorry didn't read the hole post (I'm sick with a cold) . You may just have a corrupt file or photo in the app ... if you cleared the data and it doesn't solve the issue you may want to use a third party app from the market or just try the new SD card.

Yeah this is probably your best solution. Once you download a 3rd party gallery and delete any grayed out or corrupt files.

sent from May's X

sliwolf
02-10-2011, 12:18 PM
What's a good third party app for it. Thanks for the help

B360155
02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Try Gallery 3D from the market. I just did it last night and removed 2 corrupt files and stock gallery is now running good as new.

sliwolf
02-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Ok will try. What do you do. Just move the old photos to 3d an delete from gallery

B360155
02-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Gallery 3D is just a third party picture viewing app, similar to the stock Gallery. Download and install it from the market. Then just hit the Gallery 3D icon and it should pop open with all of your pictures/folders. You're not moving any photos between the two apps. Just open up each folder and see if you have a picture or two that is blank. If so, that's a corrupt file and just long press on that blank picture and a delete button should pop up on the bottom of the screen. Hit delete and that's it. Then close the Gallery 3D and go back to the stock Gallery and see if it now works.

sliwolf
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Im trying that now. I changed out the sd card and that didn't help. I didn't see any blank photos. This is my second new phone and both have done this.

The persuader
02-10-2011, 10:02 PM
If you have a Blank Photo or do not recognize a Photo in your Gallery or the Photo Storage of choice "Delete It"....Could cause problems or is causing a problems...

Its Bubba

Flatlander58
03-27-2011, 04:15 PM
This worked for me:

1. Remove the sd card from your phone.
2. Download the data on he card onto your computer where you can find it when needed.
3. Format the card with the computer.
4. Transfer the data back onto the sd card.
5. Put the sd card back in the phone.

All these steps will take some time. A few hours at least, but it fixed my problems.