PDA

View Full Version : Blank App Drawer

ToeJamm57
02-08-2011, 07:50 AM
I have had this happen periodically in the past but it always seemed to resolve itself. This time, however, it hasn't. My app drawer is blank. I can still see all of my apps if I long press on the home screen but when I use the app drawer nothing is visible.

I am rooted and running Tranquility.

For kicks and giggles last night I reloaded my Stock back up and the drawer works fine so I'm thinking this is a ROM issue. Any ideas for trouble shooting?

jsw6380a
02-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Did you try doing a reset of that ROM? that might help. I have yet to hear of that issue and I have ran plenty of different roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

skennelly
02-08-2011, 08:53 AM
I have had that issue on different roms, but it only happened if I opened the app drawer after booting up & didn't let it completely boot up first. It was a while ago & a simple reboot or battery pull worked for me.

Sent from my DROID X in Western Illinois

smalltowngirl13
02-08-2011, 08:56 AM
TJ - I am also guessing that they are still present in your downloads in the market and you didn't (or the ROM didn't) move your apps to your SD card...

ToeJamm57
02-08-2011, 09:44 AM
The apps are all there because I can access them by doing a long press on the home screen. It is just odd that they won't appear in the drawer. As far as re-setting the ROM I did that last night (even reinstalled my STOCK backup in between).

It is really only a minor annoyance since I can still access all of my apps from the homescreen installation. I did find something on another thread about Lookout causing a conflict with one of the ROMs but I don't have Lookout installed.

I will try another reboot - perhaps with a battery pull. Thanks for the feedback - leave it to me to have these unique problems LOL