PDA

View Full Version : iSyncr Issue

johnbergsing
02-08-2011, 04:45 AM
I noticed tonight that isyncr is syncing my selected playlists, however, the tracks are all out of order. Is there a way to get the tracks in their correct order?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

johnbergsing
02-08-2011, 05:51 AM
I think I figured out my problem. I had isyncr syncing a smart playlist that pulled all my 5 starred music. I just deselected it, created a few normal playlists and dumped some of those albums into them and now everything looks great!

EDIT: I was wrong. It is still syncing in alphabetical order and not numerical. This doesn't work for me. Is there another (BETTER) solution for the Mac and iTunes?

johnbergsing
02-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Giving doubletwist a go. hopefully it does it right.

johnbergsing
02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
UPDATE

It looks like Doubletwist is working much better. The playlists I synced with DT are in the order they appear in iTunes. So that's an improvement over iSyncr IMHO.

JRT Studio
02-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi johnbergsing,

Would you mind posting how you made a smart playlist that was not sorted properly on your phone? What was it sorted by on your Mac? I've been trying combinations to see if something is broken, but I could not reproduce this.

Cheers!

Justin

brinky
02-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Ok turns out for for one I was in the wrong forum and two this isn't a isyncr issue, but a bug with Android OS.

Justin, the developer of iSyncr, got back with me very quickly especially since it was a Saturday and explained the error of my ways as well as a work around for the Android bug.

iSyncr is the best app for syncing iTunes to your Droid, just Android OS is not the best for device to sync your iTunes files to.

I remove the original text as it was just plain wrong on many levels.

JRT Studio
02-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Brinky, you are too kind.

I knew of this problem, but didn't have it in the FAQ yet. Here is the problem Brinky was seeing.

Within each album the songs show up alphabetized. In other words, they are not in their original order. Is there a way to fix this?
Songs showing up in alphabetical order is an Android bug that affects aac files. If the files were mp3, that wouldn't happen. However, there is still a work around to play the album in the correct order. Simply hold your finger down on the album and then select "Play" when the dialog pops up. This should play the album in the correct order.

iSyncr FAQ - Advanced | JRT Studio (http://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr/iSyncr_FAQ_Advanced)