PDA

View Full Version : Getting the most out of the camera

RadRacer
02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
I currently use Vignette for my camera app and love how much more detail there is in pics over the stock app. Any better app for this? What about for video? I would love to record true 720p videos!

scottpole
02-07-2011, 11:19 PM
The stock camera app is capable of shooting 720p videos

Uploaded from my Blurry X ~_~

RadRacer
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
It sure doesn't look like 720p. I know it is capable and does, but once you save it ota compressed and looks nothing like 720p. I guess I'm just curious if its possible to not compress or save the file a different way so you don't lose all that data that gives you the HD experience :-P

scottpole
02-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Well the x can't display hd. You have to connect your hdmi out to an HDTV to get the hd.

Uploaded from my Blurry X ~_~

maybish
02-08-2011, 11:23 PM
I love vignette!!!!

sent from May's X

xpbr2000
02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
What app are there to use instead of the stock camera app? vignette? ........ I'm looking to record video and audio from an external mix source. Can this be done?

tmar23
02-25-2011, 08:53 PM
vignette +1

akoe101
02-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Vignette is awesome. I highly recommend it

TruePCs
02-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Another +1 for Vignette

xpbr2000
02-28-2011, 01:00 PM
I've played with vignette. I like it too.

Anyone know of a camcorder app that can give you more flexibility?

Cananot
03-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Well from my experience the X original camera app works the best it lets you put boarders and thought bubbles and custom color txt and play with hue and color it has far way more options then vignette and you can see 720 pics that you take with the X cause I have and have mailed them to customers and they cant get over I took them with my X but the problem is when you root and change roms you lose all those options and the pictures come out grainy and somewhat blurry hence why we all get another camera app like vignette which is ok but I want my original camera back but cant get it back cause I'm on Liberty 1.5 and have tried everything to install that app.

devilsephiroth
03-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Youtube.com/devilsephiroth9000 I use my droid x for my guitar videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWFbNyEBiMs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

liberty 1.5

Snow02
03-16-2011, 10:48 AM
@cananot You should try running the 3.4.2 blur build. It's rock solid stable and of course has all the blur elements. I'll be honest, other than the launcher, I love everything about stock. I tried a couple roms but have been on stock roms for awhile now.

You just need to ask yourself what you're gaining by being on liberty (or other blurless rom) vs. what you're giving up by not running a blurred rom. If you're honest with yourself, you'll probably come to the same conclusion I did. The minor performance gains aren't worth giving up features/convenience.

scottpole
03-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I agree with snow and honestly I get just as good performance and battery life on rubix blurry than any blurless rom. I mean who doesn't like a universal message inbox with email texts Facebook twitter and yahoo all in one little inbox. Even unified if one desires

Uploaded from my Blurry 2.0 X ~_~

milehighxr
04-01-2011, 07:20 PM
so are there any good free alternative camera apps out there? Or what do I need to do with this one(not rooted) to make it better. I realize it is still a phone camera, but I expect it to perform on par or better than my 6-7 year old point and shoots, especially since the point and shoots are both 5mp or smaller. My biggest issue is the shots look grainy, blurry, or soft focus. Also is there a way to force the screen brightness to adjust itself up when I am shooting pics? If am outside, I have a hard time seeing the "viewfinder" on the min brightness(which I did to save battery like the instant I got it, cuz the first full day it needed a charge overnight before going another full day. Now I go about 2.5 days between charges).

Killjoy
04-10-2011, 06:49 PM
so are there any good free alternative camera apps out there? Or what do I need to do with this one(not rooted) to make it better. I realize it is still a phone camera, but I expect it to perform on par or better than my 6-7 year old point and shoots, especially since the point and shoots are both 5mp or smaller. My biggest issue is the shots look grainy, blurry, or soft focus. Also is there a way to force the screen brightness to adjust itself up when I am shooting pics? If am outside, I have a hard time seeing the "viewfinder" on the min brightness(which I did to save battery like the instant I got it, cuz the first full day it needed a charge overnight before going another full day. Now I go about 2.5 days between charges).

I'm getting the exact same effects. The pictures come out grainy and out of focus. I have read that this has more to do with the application than the hardware so I will try that app recommended earlier on this thread but I am still within my 2 week window so if things don't improve, I think I have to go look elsewhere. I wanted a camera phone that could handle point and click to replace my stand alone. This won't cut it.

milehighxr
04-21-2011, 08:04 PM
So what is the best free camera app out there now? When I search the web it seems Camera 360 is the poo, but it is apparently no longer available on the market. Rooting my phone is not an option just now, as I have too many other projects. I'm getting kinda tired of bad grainy low light pics, when my ****ty point and shoots(both 5MP or less) take much better photos, even in low light.

milehighxr
04-30-2011, 11:47 PM
So camera 360 suddenly reappeared on the market. And the results are still terrible. Pics are still super grainy. I mean it reminds of taking one of my old film pics that I took with my old Nikon F2, and scanning it on the highest setting my scanner had(the print, not the negative). So how do I get the most from this camera in low light situations? I really have a hard time believing that there is no free non-rooted phone fix for this:disappointed: