PDA

View Full Version : Help with streaming radio

gravybird
02-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Ok, here is my dillema:
I listen to streaming radio at radioio.com (btls show). Lately the stream has been cutting out a LOT, sometimes it won't hold the stream for more than a couple minutes without having to go to the browser and reconnecting, even in strong 3G areas. I use doubletwist as the default player, but I don't think that matters because it still drops even on the stock player.

Any ideas on a possible solution?

Swyped while swerving

mikeinrichmond
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Is this an app or just a streaming website? Have you tried another one like Pandora Radio or Slacker?
Do you have the same issues with streaming video like from Youtube?

CrAsH_OvErIdE
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Call Verizon and tell them to hurry up on the 4G updates. LoL

~On the house~

gravybird
02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Is this an app or just a streaming website? Have you tried another one like Pandora Radio or Slacker?
Do you have the same issues with streaming video like from Youtube?

It streams right from their website. I don't have any problems with pandora at all, and I don't do that much youtube'ing, but when I do, there doesn't seem to be an issue.. Stumped:(

Swyped while swerving

gravybird
02-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Does anyone else stream anything out of the norm? Pandora/slacker/youtube...

Swyped while swerving

mikeinrichmond
02-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Does anyone else stream anything out of the norm? Pandora/slacker/youtube...

Swyped while swerving

Let me give it a try...

Edit: Well, I couldn't get it going using either the Dolphin browser or the stock one. It does not appear to fully support mobile devices, more like it's setup for computer streaming only, so this may be part of the problem. If I hear anything else, I'll let you know...

skennelly
02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
You might try a different browser. Also, I am not sure what show you are streaming, but if it is a radio show that also streams online, then try tunein radio app. That is what I use to stream my morning show when I am out of town.

Sent from my DROID X in Western Illinois

gravybird
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Let me give it a try...

Edit: Well, I couldn't get it going using either the Dolphin browser or the stock one. It does not appear to fully support mobile devices, more like it's setup for computer streaming only, so this may be part of the problem. If I hear anything else, I'll let you know...

I have been listening to that stream since the beginning of january, first on the stock browser, than lately on dolphin mini. The website usually recognizes a mobile device and redirects to m.radioio.com
Its just the past week or so with the drops arrrggghhhh. My friend has a stock samsung fascinate, and has the same problem. Thank you much mike! Hopefully radioio will make an android app

Swyped while swerving

gravybird
02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
You might try a different browser. Also, I am not sure what show you are streaming, but if it is a radio show that also streams online, then try tunein radio app. That is what I use to stream my morning show when I am out of town.

Thank you skennely! I will definitely try that app out:-)

Swyped while swerving

skennelly
02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Thank you skennely! I will definitely try that app out:-)

Swyped while swerving

You are welcome. Keep us posted with results:)

gravybird
02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Skennelly, you da man! that app works great, way less drops (only 3 today. compared to a dozen), and when it does, it recovers itself all by itself, even after a phone call. thanks again!

skennelly
02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
awesome! Glad it works.

skennelly
02-09-2011, 03:26 PM
I always like reading about what apps people are using because they can be so hard to search for & find. Especially when the app name has no correlation to its function.