PDA

View Full Version : WugFresh - Universal Theme Porter

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
PORT OVER ANY THEME!!!!

This is Windows Only.. but I will take requests from mac/linux users.

I found this post on XDA by Daneshm90:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Theme-Porter [v1.0] [Any Firmware / Rom Compatible] [WINDOWS] (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7377678&postcount=1)

************************************************** *********************************
I used it to make WugPort_v4.*.exe the Universal Theme-Porter:

:: Change Log ::

WugPort_v2.exe
- daneshm90's Universal Porter
- Cleanup script
- Script for bundled META-INF for a flashable zip
- Very little automation... lots of manual user interaction required.
- No bundled app and framework folders

WugPort_v3.exe
- you never saw this version, this was my version; the half way point in development
- lots of random semi-completed scripts for all sorts of stuff

WugPort_v4.exe
- First public remade release
- Port any theme to any ROM (Apex, Darkslide, Darkslide Blurry, GummyJAR, Rubix, Rubix Blurry, Other)
- No throttle services.jar bundled in every ported zip

WugPort_v4.1.exe (minor update) -1/31/2011 - 9:00 AM
- resolves an issue porting to select ROMs associated with the update script and the no throttle services.jar
- the no throttle services.jar has been removed from ports to Apex, Darkslide, & Stock, will re-include in next update
- the cleanup script was appended with additional directories I accidentally missed in v4
- discovered and a replaced a broken apk file in the apexrestore.zip due to over-compressing in WugPort_v4.exe

WugPort_v4.5.exe - 2/04/2011 - 8:35 PM
- Fixed and issue discovered by Phildo (official wugport debugger) with ROMs that had -v4 extension in framework folders, now the script automatically checks for that and renames it before the porting process begins
- Updated Liberty app/framework package to v1.5
- Added support for porting to Tranquility v3.7.0
- Added the ability to Port any theme to All ROMs, All Blurry ROMs, or All Blurrless ROMs
- Added an option to cleanup all files and restore WugPort back to a fresh state in case you accidentally delete a file.
- Added smart cataloging of ported ROMs to SuccessfulPorts directory, organized by ROM in subfolders
- Added smart naming of ported ROM: original name appended with _%rom%Port.zip ("%rom%" is the ROM you ported to)
- The beginning dialogue; "hello, welcome to WugPort..." only runs the first time you run the bat, after your first port it brings you to main ROM porting selection menu. Also made that first run dialogue appear a little faster.
- Improved the text that's displayed throughout the porting process so that it's more informative of whats going on.
- Rewrote the structure of the code so that the cleanup scripts run only after a fully completed project.
- Did a beta test of app porting which worked, so will be releasing that in v4.6 soon as mini update!

WugPort_v4.5.1.exe - 2/04/2011 - 9:25 PM
- Fixed a problem when porting to tranquility.
- You can use WugPort_v4.5.1.mini.tranquility.exe if you already downloaded WugPort_v4.5

WugPort_v4.6.1.exe - 02/15/2011 - 5:00 PM
-Added the ability to bundle user apps into your flashable zip
-Added the ability to select additional goodies and add them to your flashable zip
-Added the ability to make a flashable goodies.zip
-Added the ability to clean and restore ROM’s selectively
-Fixed issue with environmental variables
-Added support for Apex 1.4.0
-Fixed issue with porting to tranquility 3.7.0
-Wrote new updater scripts which auto-mount system when installing the package
-Re wrote scripts for cleaning and restoring
-Revised what is displayed to the user and utilized a progress bar in the title
-Made the first run window much faster and have it ask you weather or not to delete the goodies you chose from last session; all selected goodies will remain during a session even if you port themes to multiple ROMs, unless the user goes back to the goodies menu; then they have to reselect goodies or else non will be included.
-reduced all ping delays for a snappier program
-removed the no throttle services.jar from all the packages because it could potentially interfere when trying to port a large package with all your user apps and goodies, additionally there a few themes that won't work with the modified services.jar. I can post links to no throttle services.jar flashable zips if you like,
-Additional bug fixes

<< WugPort_v4.6.5.exe - MOST RECENT RELEASE >> - 03/21/2011 11:50 PM
-Added Fission 2.6.1 Support
-Added "Port to Any ROM beta"- with this you can place any ROM.zip in the folder PutRomOfChoiceInHere and the program will extract the files it needs and port to it, this will theoretically work on any ROM on any device, so this is a WugPort first... it's no longer limited to DX
-Fixed a bug where the outputted theme was 3.5kb in the advent the theme.zip name had a space in it
-Changed the directory structure so all the back-end port files are in the folder PortCentral
-Rewrote all the updater scripts
-Added the ability to include your user apps in your goodies zip, so you can make a zip with all your user apps and all the addons you want, to install on any ROM
-Removed the themed markets from the goodies due to there being too many themed markets available and all the issues that have been reported regarding themed markets
-Removed a bunch of unnecessary framework files I have been accidentally including, so the overall file size is smaller
-Consolidated all the META INF preparation
-Fixed environmental variable issues
-All copied and extracted files are now verified
-Improved cleanup scripts by allocating specific temp directories which get fully removed
-Other bug fixes and improvements in my code

:: File size ::
401 MB

:: Checksums ::
File: WugPort_v4.6.5.exe
CRC-32: fa75d418
MD4: 7d7d1ee8d8bee98d5adc491046a2e7c9
MD5: 2b85c781b7998c3d76c13e833e9aa960
SHA-1: b5a8fe07cdb7486a04fa0d47d7786235d09c9a55

:: Download Locations For Full Versions ::

WugPort_v4.6.5.exe (Goo.im) (http://goo.im/devs/WugFresh/WugPort/WugPort_v4.6.5.exe)

New Mini Version For Deodexed Gingerbread!

<< WugPort_v4.6.5.mini.gingy.exe - MOST RECENT RELEASE >> - 03/31/2011 2:20 PM
-Added support for Deodexed Gingerbread! hooray!
-Added the option to port to Deodexed Gingerbread with the Nexus CRT screen off animation
-This version ports selected pngs from framework-res.apk of the theme your trying to port to, to the SystemUI.apk necessary to complete the port to GB
-Also ports selected pngs to the GB framework-res.apk
-Utilized the progress bar so that it shows the progress of the complete job rather seperate progress meters for each step
-Minor bug fixes and code optimization
-Did I mention it ports to Gingerbread? :)

:: File size ::
116.13 MB

:: Checksums ::
File: WugPort_v4.6.5.mini.gingy.exe
CRC-32: c6ef19e2
MD4: 9400de8124b99f54c52ef83cf8b630fd
MD5: 384b3aa2f202235d505caebaaaa2884d
SHA-1: ebad8283f778f1c7c13465eccb96f58d7f047818
:: Download Locations For Mini GingerBread Version ::

WugPort_v4.6.5.mini.gingy.exe (Goo.im) (http://goo.im/devs/WugFresh/WugPort/WugPort_v4.6.5.mini.gingy.exe)

^^^^^Note that you must be on Deodexed GingerBread to use this; grab the Deodexed GB Here (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/6789-droid-x-2-3-3-gingerbread-deodexed-rooted.html)

:: Instructions ::
1. Download WugPort_v4.6.5.exe

2. Place WugPort_v4.6.5.exe in a folder on your C: drive
[so C:\newfolder\WugPort_v.6.5.exe]*

*If you run it from a sub directory with spaces in the folder name or in the directory structure preceding it, then the batch script won't be able to find itself and will not work. So its best to run it from one subfolder in the top directory with no spaces in the folder name, that ensures that the script will work every time.

3. Double click WugPort_v4.6.5.exe

4. Wait for the file to self extract

5. Wait for runonce.bat to run

6. runonce.bat will self delete

7. Place "The.Theme.You.Want.To.Port.zip" in the folder "PutThemeInHere" [leave your theme as a zip]

8. Place Any user apk file in the folder "PutUserAppsInHere"

9. If you want to port all your user apps, you can zip your entire app folder in Root Explorer and then transfer it to your computer and put your app.zip in the folder "PutUserAppsInHere".

10. Run wugport.v4.6.5.bat

11. Choose any additional goodies you want included in your WugPort

12. The script will do the rest.

13. The ported theme will come out in the form "%rom%Port.zip_original.theme" where "%rom%" will be entitled with the name of the ROM you are porting the theme to.

14. Your ported theme will appear in a folder entitled "SuccessfulPorts"

15. That "%rom%Port_original.theme.zip" is a fully flashable theme

16. Move this theme to your sdcard.

17. Flash theme via clockwork recovery. You do not need to mount system. Just:

* Bootstrapp Recovery
* Install zip from sdcard
* Choose zip from sdcard
* Navigate to "_Port.zip"
* Install
* Yes
* Wait for it to copy all the files to your system folder
* Wait for it to boot up (...be patient)

Hopefully if all goes well, you will be looking at a ported theme.

Enjoy

::beta mode::

1. Select Option "0"

2. Put any ROM.zip in the folder PutRomOfChoiceInHere

3. Press enter

4. Let WugPort do its magic and output your theme

5. Your ported theme will appear in SuccessfulPorts with the pre-fix "custom"

6. Flash like you would for any theme

**** Just realized this now.... whoops... If you are on a device other than DX/D2 then my updater scripts probably won't work because they mount the system dev block for these devices... will roll out another update asap that automounts the system correctly on other devices... sorry... my fault. ****

:: Additional Notes ::
Although this script should port anything. Its recommended to try and port blurry themes to blurry ROMs (if they are available), because otherwise the blur-res.apk has nothing to port to.

:: Credits ::
daneshm90 - he wrote a good chunck of the code thats in this batch. If it weren't for his code I would have never been motivated to do this. I used his batch script as the base for this entire project. He wrote the code for extracting the pngs from the apks and matching them with ones on the ROM you are porting to, and repackaging them.

WugFresh - Thats me! I wrote the script for properly extracting the folders needed from your Theme_you_want_to_port.zip and feeding them into daneshm90's script; wrote all the script for bundling the output with the proper META-INF, update script, and no throttle service.jar for your ROM; wrote the script for re-zipping the final product into a friendly flashable zip; and also wrote some script to talk to you while everything is happening.

Everyone who helped - Thanks to all you guys that posted me links to no throttle service.jar files.. definitely saved me some time digging. Special thanks to Droid-Xer for PMing the link to the Deodexed Stock ROM, Samtheman for testing beta theme zips in v4, Phildo for helping me debug errors in my script and Mikeyinid for taking the time to answer some of my questions about theming (thanks).

:: Donate ::
Please consider buying me a beer/redbull if you like my work :)
I included a shortcut in the package. Thank you!

:: Disclosure ::

This is a beta script, so although it has a high success rate, there is still always a chance it won't work perfectly for everyone; so report any problems and I will always do my best to resolve them quickly.
Support your devs and themers! With out their themes & ROMs... what would you port?

<<Please read my official response to any themers who are concerned/frustrated with what I am doing>> (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/122639-universal-theme-porter-wugfresh-2.html#post1334906)

:: Successfully Ported Themes Repository (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/18281-wugfresh-successful-ports-repository.html) ::
- Please visit the successful ports repository for dealing with specific ported theme related issues or to request a theme to be ported.

{{ WugFresh }}

gravybird
01-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Would you be interested in taking requests from mac users to port over some of our favorite themes for 1.9.7?

Swyped while swerving

Droid-Xer
01-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Sweet. Testing now

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Would you be interested in taking requests from mac users to port over some of our favorite themes for 1.9.7?

Swyped while swerving

Umm.. Ok. :D
Just provide me with a direct download link to the theme you want ported.

I am not assuming any responsibilty if it doesnt work, or causes a problem. Be aware that you might have to restore a backup, or worst case scenario have to sbf.

But I did test it and it worked for me, I also know how to write batch scripts pretty well (one of the few syntax's I actually have memorized) and I read the whole script and it looks solid to me.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Sweet. Testing now

Looking foward to you reporting back with results. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/WugFresh/snap20110127_184416-1.jpg

RevoRemix on Rubix 1.9.7 thanks to Universal Theme porter.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Wug check your PMs

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Ok. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

gravybird
01-27-2011, 05:53 PM
That would be really, really awesome of you! My current favorite theme is bigDX serenity (blue). It is in the liberty theme thread, near the bottom of page one. (I'm on mobile right now). I put in a pm yesterday to one of the makers of bigDX, haven't heard back, so I don't know if they might already be on the job? Please let me know if this kind of task is worth
Some compensation, I would be more than happy:-) I haven't a clue on what a batch script even is or does, sound complicated. No need to waste virtual ink on an explanation:-)

Swyped while swerving

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Its really easy. But it requires a few more steps to make a flashable theme then those instructions include. Im gonna write another batch script that will finish the job, and post real instructions. It will.be done really soon.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 08:20 PM
OP Updated with Full Instructions!
Port any theme to Rubix or Liberty!

Enjoy!

{{ WugFresh }}

fasthair
01-27-2011, 08:23 PM
This is very cool. Read a lot of the thread and have some ideas bouncing around in my head. I'm still stock but have seen some things in ROMs that I like. This weekend I'm going to play with this and create a 'rom' for my phone. This should be fun. Thanks for the link!

fasthair

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

smalltowngirl13
01-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Can you port a theme from Liberty to GummyJar Wug or DX?

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 08:31 PM
This is very cool. Read a lot of the thread and have some ideas bouncing around in my head. I'm still stock but have seen some things in ROMs that I like. This weekend I'm going to play with this and create a 'rom' for my phone. This should be fun. Thanks for the link!

fasthair

This is for porting themes over that arent already made for a particular ROM, this doesnt create ROMs, nor does it allow you to customize what gets ported over. You should look into ninjamorph.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Can you port a theme from Liberty to GummyJar Wug or DX?

Yeah. One sec.. will update to include gummyjar.

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah. One sec.. will update to include gummyjar.

{{ WugFresh }}

I have a theme you can test LOL ;)...

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Instructions and wugport.exe updated for supporting porting themes to GummyJar.

Nice try stg. ;)

If you have any difficulties I can do it. But it should work if you follow my instructions.

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Instructions and wugport.exe updated for supporting porting themes to GummyJar.

Nice try stg. ;)

If you have any difficulties I can do it. But it should work if you follow my instructions.

{{ WugFresh }}

LOL - you caught onto that quick...thanks for the info!! ;)

mikeinrichmond
01-27-2011, 09:04 PM
LOL - you caught onto that quick...thanks for the info!! ;)

:lol2: Guess you can't blame a girl for trying...

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Lol. True that!

Let me know if this works for those who tried it. By the way, the real credit should go to Daneshm90 not me. I really didnt do anything complicated. I spent more time writting the instructions than anything I did in the wugport.exe, the script I wrote just copies files to the folder with the correct META-INF files so that its flashable. It could have all be done without it, I just made it a little easier.

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
:lol2: Guess you can't blame a girl for trying...

LOL - was the same thing I was thinking...it gives me a new addiction to mess with :)...

Droid-Xer
01-27-2011, 09:20 PM
PMed ya Wug.

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Right back at ya! ;)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Anyone suceed at porting a theme yet besides me...?

{{ WugFresh }}

fasthair
01-27-2011, 10:09 PM
No I think you misunderstood what i'm going to try to do. I'm taking my stock ROM and going to add things I like from ROMs to my stock phone. I'm not going to make a "ROM" per say as much as I'm going to make a theme for "my" phone. This little script should make that easy. I'll let you know how it goes.

fasthair

Droid-Xer
01-27-2011, 10:11 PM
No I think you misunderstood what i'm going to try to do. I'm taking my stock ROM and going to add things I like from ROMs to my stock phone. I'm not going to make a "ROM" per say as much as I'm going to make a theme for "my" phone. This little script should make that easy. I'll let you know how it goes.

fasthair

This is to port over whole themes, not just parts of them. If you want just bits and pieces, use ninjamorph. If you want a whole other theme that isn't available for your current rom then use this to port it to whatever rom you're running.

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
OP updated with wugport_v2.exe, this version includes an additional batch script: "!CleanUp" which you can use to cleanup any files created in the new, old, and ported folders; so that your back to a fresh state to use the porter again.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-27-2011, 11:22 PM
That would be really, really awesome of you! My current favorite theme is bigDX serenity (blue). It is in the liberty theme thread, near the bottom of page one. (I'm on mobile right now). I put in a pm yesterday to one of the makers of bigDX, haven't heard back, so I don't know if they might already be on the job? Please let me know if this kind of task is worth
Some compensation, I would be more than happy:-) I haven't a clue on what a batch script even is or does, sound complicated. No need to waste virtual ink on an explanation:-)

Swyped while swerving

As requested:
BigDX_blue_RubixPort.zip (http://db.tt/NEiOpEw)

Ported and tested:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/WugFresh/snap20110128_001924.jpg

:) this thing really works!

As much as I like money, I don't think it would be fair to take you up on your offer considering the fact that I am not the one responsible for building the code in wugport_v2.exe; all I did was figure out how to use it and how to take the few additional steps necessary to turn the ported themes into flashable zips. I shouldnt be taking donations for someone elses work. If anyone deserves it, its daneshm90 for writting his batch script.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 12:35 AM
@stg, considering that I did it for gravybird... I suppose its only fair. What theme would you like ported?

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-28-2011, 06:02 AM
@stg, considering that I did it for gravybird... I suppose its only fair. What theme would you like ported?

{{ WugFresh }}

LOL...BlackedOut Blue of course :)...

[THEME] BLACKDOUT BLUE; by ecsnead - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://redirectingat.com/?id=1629X685118&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.droidforums.net%2Fforum%2Flib erty-rom-dx%2F117061-theme-blackdout-blue-ecsnead.html&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.droidxforums.com%2Fforum%2Fd roid-x-themes%2F16105-themes-liberty-several-choose.html)

gravybird
01-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Thank you so very much! It didn't feel right asking without offering:-)
I will definitely enjoy it!

Swyped while swerving

joshw0000
01-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Awesome, I'll give this a go over the weekend!

macpro88
01-28-2011, 11:33 AM
This is sweet, will try this out later when I get a chance!

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 12:22 PM
You should all wait a little bit. I am remaking this now. It's going to make it ALOT easier and will automatically zip your package when its done. Plus I am going to include all the framework and app files for Gummy, Liberty, and Rubix so that you don't have to pull them off your phone. I also am going to add support for Rubix Blurry.

Stay tuned!

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Ya i ran it but it only themed the contacts and dialer. Nothing eles. When i ran it it said "file could not be specified" or similar to that. I'll just wait for you to make it simpler :)

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah that has to do with the script figuring out what the top directory is. If you were to have extracted the theme-porter to your desktop and then run it.. I think it would work. Regardless, I am making this way better! I forgot how much I liked playing with batch scripts.. hooray!

Since android, I haven't done anything on windows.. this gives me an opportunity to combine both worlds.. Lol

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Sweet. I'm a windows noob. :)

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 01:22 PM
LOL.. its all good. I am going to make this super noob freindly. All you will have to do is put the theme-you-want-to-port.zip in a folder called PUT-THEME-HERE or something like that and then it will automatically make ported flashable themes for:
GummyJar
Liberty
Rubix
Rubix Focused

smalltowngirl13
01-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Since you keep adding ROM's... LOL... how about ApeX? ;)

~~sent from my droid x~~

slim6596
01-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Or DarkSlide?

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Hmm... ok... Lol... you all love your different ROMs I see. Yeah.. Once I get the script worked out how I want it.. then its easy for me to add other ROMs. I have already made a lot of progress, so no worries.. all will be accommodated.. Does this make me a dev? LOL, kidding.. today I saw for the first time that apparently I am called a "Technician" :) I like that.. sounds official!

slim6596
01-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Wug, as far as I'm concerned, yes you are a dev. Anyone that can write code to customize our phones is a dev to me. No rush on the DS support. In my own clumsy way, I have the parts of WatermarkD worked into my phone that I wanted most.

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm more like "re-writing code" in this case... more like "tweaking code"... daneshm90 did the real work.. I am just making it a tad more user friendly. His script can already be used to port over any theme.. it just requires a few more steps that not everyone is familiar with. So we can call me whatever you like.. I really don't care, as long as people are happy :)

slim6596
01-28-2011, 02:29 PM
...Just don't call you late for dinner, right?

maybish
01-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Hmmmm sounds like a dinner date to me! Hehe

Honestly I don't understand this at all! Maybe if a really sat down and tried!

sent from May's Rockin X!!!!

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Wug, does the frameworkres-apk need to be extracted or just put the folder in framework?

slim6596
01-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Hmmmm sounds like a dinner date to me! Hehe

Honestly I don't understand this at all! Maybe if a really sat down and tried!

May, I am with you on the lack of understanding. I mod my ROM using 7zip and other themes that I like. I just extract the framework-res folder, swap out icons with ones I like in the drawable.hdpi folder, insert the mess back into the un-extracted copy of framework-res and load the whole shebang back onto my phone with Droid Explorer.

As far as dinner goes, I'm always ready to eat...lol

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 02:46 PM
@droid-xer
The script does everything.. but why are you messing with it.. LOL.. wait for the update.

I am speaking with daneshm90 and he said he's cool with me doing this and hopefully will help answer a few of my questions. There are a few things about the script that I am confused with.

{{ WugFresh }}

maybish
01-28-2011, 02:47 PM
May, I am with you on the lack of understanding. I mod my ROM using 7zip and other themes that I like. I just extract the framework-res folder, swap out icons with ones I like in the drawable.hdpi folder, insert the mess back into the un-extracted copy of framework-res and load the whole shebang back onto my phone with Droid Explorer.

Uhhhh what????

Me too! Loveee to eat! Probably why I've gained 10 pounds during these damn holidays! Now I'm constantly on Craigslist looking for a used treadmill! :-o

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 02:47 PM

Thats what this does.. except.. Replace You with Code.. LOL

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Its called impatience Wug! LOL, I like to understand things rather than just run scripts/programs. I'll get it...

dropanddrive03
01-28-2011, 02:50 PM
So by using this can I port over a theme to a rom it wasn't designed for? For example I've wanted to run 928black glass on apex 1.3.1. Is this possible now even though 928 wasn't designed for apex?

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 02:50 PM
You can open any batch script with a text editor and you can see what its doing yourself... although its not really english.. Lol

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 02:52 PM
So by using this can I port over a theme to a rom it wasn't designed for? For example I've wanted to run 928black glass on apex 1.3.1. Is this possible now even though 928 wasn't designed for apex?

Thats the idea! And in theory, yes it should work.... but only a test will be the true judge of that.. :)

I should stop being distracted by this thread and get back to coding.

slim6596
01-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Uhhhh what????

Me too! Loveee to eat! Probably why I've gained 10 pounds during these damn holidays! Now I'm constantly on Craigslist looking for a used treadmill! :-o

I'm sorry. Did I lose you? lol I thought you had modded your phone in this way before. That's what I get for posting before I'm 100% awake.

maybish
01-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Nooo I've only used the roms and droidxer helped me change the boot animation couple weeks ago. That's as far as I've gotten!

slim6596
01-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok. I'm going to take a T.O. and stop derailing the thread now. Sorry again.

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 03:24 PM
I just thought of another good idea. I could make it so that all the ported themes also have the throttle hack built in. You like?

armyjeffries
01-28-2011, 03:30 PM
I just thought of another good idea. I could make it so that all the ported themes also have the throttle hack built in. You like?

YES!!! I kept switching themes for liberty, and lost the no throttle each time. Wouldn't remember until 3-4 days later.

slim6596
01-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes, I think that's a great idea.

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 03:36 PM
can you guys link me to direct downloads for no throttle service.jar for all those roms... would be a great help! :)

you don't have to if you don't want... I can find them..

slim6596
01-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Here's the one for Darkslide...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13635931/NoThrottleDarkSlide.zip

I went to mydroidworld and scanned the DS thread until I found it.

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Gummy here http://db.tt/jHp0STg

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the links guys

Whats the latest version of Darkslide ROM... 4.1, 4.2 ?

And where can I download it? Are there any themes available for it already... I need at least one.

slim6596
01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the links guys

Whats the latest version of Darkslide ROM... 4.1, 4.2 ?

And where can I download it? Are there any themes available for it already... I need at least one.

I'm sorry. I didn't know you needed a theme to work from. There are no themes for DS

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 04:19 PM
well... not necessarily...

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Code is almost done... Just need to flash all these roms and snag the framework and app folders and finish my scripts for zipping the final product and extracting the initial theme properly. :)

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 04:29 PM
less typing more scripting

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 04:31 PM
LOL... Yes Sir!

{{ WugFresh }}

bobniborg
01-28-2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/14757-mod-uncapped-data-no-throttle-apex-1-3-1-31-stock-deodexed-2-2-1-only.html

apex no throttle link thread

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: throttleApeX.zip (http://hotfile.com/dl/92979235/f77e307/throttleApeX.zip.html)
the file that I think you need for apex.

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 04:49 PM
sweet... keep em coming .. LOL

Also... would be a major help if people sent/linked me the original framework and apps folder from
Apex
Darkslide
and Rubix Blurry

I have them already for gummy, liberty, and rubix focused.

This project would have been so much faster if it wasn't for every friggin ROM... LOL

I guess that's what a Universal Porter is though... right?

slim6596
01-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Not sure if you need the whole thing or just part, so here

[ROM] DarkSlide v4.2 (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/6155-rom-darkslide-v4-2-a.html)

That is the page where you can dl the whole ROM. If you want, I can extract the framework-res and others and copy a link to my dropbox. Either way, let me know what I can do to help.

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks.. For Darkslide I probably am going to need the whole thing, since there are no themes out there and I am going to have to dissect it.

I am getting really close, but I am trying to test it a bunch before I release this beast. I actually had to do alot more work than I thought. Its almost harder interpreting someone else's code and using it than writing it from scratch. But lucky for me he was a friendly programmer and commented on a lot of his code. Stay tuned.. I'm getting there.

gravybird
01-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Should we mount system before installing these ported themes? Specifically reffering to the bigDX blue from a few posts back.. Thanks as usual

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Nah.. for that one your good just flashing it... When I finish this and incorporate the hacked service.jar your going to have to.

But a note to everyone. I have been staring at code since 11:00 am... I am going to die if I do this anymore tonight. I have gotten to the point where all the code is done.. All I have to do is bundle everything, which involves me installing every single ROM, grabbing the frame work and apps folders, and packaging them into self extracting archives, so they can be restored. And final testing.... For those darkslide people, I have figured out how to do it.. so no worries.. I really only have about an hours worth of work left and this will be done. But I am not really a programmer and this is the longest time I have spent writing batch script... and this is a friggin long batch script... Like OMG! Why are there so many friggin ROMS.. LOL.

So I am calling it a night. And I will finish this tomorrow morning. I need to grab some beer..

sorry I couldn't finish this tonight.. but I a going crazy.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 08:40 PM
The final product will be one nice script that will do everything for you and pop out a flashable zip for any ROM you want. But in order to do all this I have become a looney today and I am in college and its Friday night. So its drinking time. You all can expect a final product tommorow, sorry but I lack a true programmers discipline.

Please forgive me. :(

{{ WugFresh }}

mikeinrichmond
01-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Great work Wug!. Like you said, it is Friday night, so take a break and go find a cute girl with an arm full of these.. :)

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/mikeinrichmond/corona.jpg

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Thank you. That's exactly what I need. And I am going to go get it. :)

bbcrackman
01-28-2011, 09:06 PM
interesting thread....

gravybird
01-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks again wugfresh! Happy beertime!

P.s thanks for the "wugfresh" in the drop down status bar menu where verizon wireless used to be:-)
Hahaha hahaha

Swyped while swerving

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 09:54 PM
interesting thread....

Why do you say that? Positive or negative? Just want to get a themers/ROMers point of view...

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 09:54 PM
@gravybird
What!!? Lol.. That was totally unintentional... Lol thats because.I used my Rubix framework. Will fix in final version. Hahaha.. Branded!

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Why do you say that? Positive or negative? Just want to get a themers point of view...

I hope positive, because I have worked too damn hard on this!

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 09:58 PM
I hope positive, because I have worked too damn hard on this!

{{ WugFresh }}

Ya I know Wug (I appreciate it), crackmans a helluva dev and I just want to know his POV...

psychotic_penguin
01-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I would think as long as he got credit he'd be good, but asking can't hurt

gravybird
01-28-2011, 10:02 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd1469-911c-7d5f.jpg

Its black on black, but its there:-)

Classic!

Swyped while swerving

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Just don't want any one stepping on toes. Wug has been at this all day to benefit the community and crackman has done a lot for the android platform. I hope its a positive!!

WugFresh
01-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Let me know if I should include any disclousure agreements or something...

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Let me know if I should include any disclousure agreements or something...

{{ WugFresh }}

Sure thing. I don't foresee any problems though.

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Im ****ing hammered right now and lady friend to right is taking me home... But all you themers, I only want to help.. So let me know what you want me to do before I release this tommorow... Deal?

{{ WugFresh }}

maybish
01-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Oh my!!!! Hehe

Droid-Xer
01-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Nice. Whenever you see this Wug, no response from anyone. I don't think anyone sees anything wrong with it. Get it done and post it. Lol

mrclean2828
01-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Ya get it done! And I love that ur including the no throttle cap in the porter

mikeinrichmond
01-29-2011, 04:45 AM
OK let's see..Wug's last post was 1:17 am, giving time for the gal to drive him home, have some fun if he wasn't too hammered, 6 hours of sleep, a little wake-up fun, a little more fun in the shower, make breakfast, post breakfast fun, get her number...Should put him back to coding by lunchtime, and finished by dinner.. Sometimes I really miss college.. :)

slim6596
01-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Wow. That's a lot of...fun.

r1unknown
01-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Could someone port a cyan theme over to liberty for me? I'd do it myself but me n computers don't get along lol

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 12:10 PM
OK let's see..Wug's last post was 1:17 am, giving time for the gal to drive him home, have some fun if he wasn't too hammered, 6 hours of sleep, a little wake-up fun, a little more fun in the shower, make breakfast, post breakfast fun, get her number...Should put him back to coding by lunchtime, and finished by dinner.. Sometimes I really miss college.. :)

Damn mike, your spot on! (you must have done this before... hahaha...) Except I skipped the post breakfast fun to get back to coding! LOL. When she woke up she almost caught me flashing ROMs this morning... HAHAHA! These girls have no idea how big of a nerd I am. ;)

Anyways... back to the stuff you all really care about. So I have just finished embarking on Tour-De-ROM, where I flashed every single ROM I have ever tried, and a few I had not (Rubix Blurry & Darkslide Blurry), and I made stable clean backups of all of them (you would think someone who preaches backing up as much as I do would have had these backups already...lol). I am getting myself organized now with all these throttle hacks and framework/apps folders, and getting my directory structure in order. The rest of my coding job is mostly a copy and paste kinda thing. I just finishing scripting a nice feature where at the end of port, the script automatically cleans up after its self and restores the framework & apps folders for the rom you ported to so that the script can be run again and again with no maintenance.

I also plan on including an option called: "Port theme to other"

In case the user want's to port a theme to a ROM I have not yet included, and in that case they would have to manually copy+paste that ROMs framework and apps folder. (will be included in the instructions). I obviously am going to continue to update this porter as new ROM releases come out, but lets say I am MIA for the day a new release comes out and you all want to use the porter... then you will have the option to use the "Port theme to other" (as long as you do the manual step of including the proper folders to the right directory).

I actually still have one more ROM to flash... Stock.. I haven't used that one in forever.... I heard it got bad review... LOL

I am concerned about one thing though:
From what I have gathered, when the script daneshm90 wrote, begins transferring pngs to the apks, I think it matches the apks by name.. so Phone.apk goes to Phone.apk, what I don't think it will do right now is go from Blur_Phone.apk to Phone.apk, however I can easily correct this with some script to rename them first... But I don't think its a good idea. Why? Because the Blur Phone.. is not the same as the AOSP Phone, so the png files probably wont match up... Those are essentially two completely different apps... you know what I mean?
So if you were porting a theme from a Blurless ROM to a Blurry ROM then all the themed components should transfer except the moto_blur. So if you are trying to get a theme on say Darkslide Blurry, you probably want to hunt down a theme made for ApeX or Rubix Blurry.

Again, I can include the script if you want.. but I just foresee it causing problems. Maybe I will release it as an "experimental version" or something, if you guys are interested.

Also, essentially this project is open ended as to what can be included in the flashable zip, so I want to include features for like.. include the blur camera... or whatever.. Like let the user customize what addons they want, and then the final product will be a one time flashable zip with everything bundled together. But.. trying to do everything at once might be a bad idea... but I certainly will try! Those features will be included in a later release, put I am going to work on getting the theme porter with the features I previously promised completed today.

Ok, that's all for now.. will get back to coding.

@ All themer's, I was serious what I said last night... if you have a problem with me releasing this for whatever reason please contact me. I would be happy to include some type of disclosure agreement or whatever... Regardless, I will always advocate that users support the developers and themers, regardless of the any new capabilities they gain with this porter. I really do not want to make any one angry with me. I am open to communication about how you feel about anything I am doing at anytime.

{{ WugFresh }}

psychotic_penguin
01-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Wug all the work you've put in here deserves a long standing ovation. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Thank Penguin! Means alot! I am excited for it to be done too, it will make things so much easier... well, if I don't factor in the time I spent making it .. LOL!

scott021467
01-29-2011, 01:47 PM
This has got to be one of the most awaited drops ever. I personally can't wait because since switching to Darkslide blur 4.2 I have missed the themes I used to have.

Thanks and all the praise Wug for taking on this huge project. I can't wait until the finished product.
Beers on me.

Phildo
01-29-2011, 02:29 PM
so...will this also port over any apps that are themed??

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Yes, just system apps for now. I just figured out how to do user apps too so I will have that in the seccond release. I plan on releasing the first version asap, and then hopefully an updated version late tonight.

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Awesome....i had a sweet theme on rubix 1.9.0 that isn't compatible with new version, and have ben able to get it close, but never right on my own...lol

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Sorry this is taking so long. Batch script is not a friendly language. I am about to do my first real test. My script finally worked the way I wanted it to, now let's see if this theme doesn't crash my phone. It better not because I am waiting for my usb in the mail. Hope it works... I wrote my own update scripts so we will see... if this test goes through, the rest is super easy.

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-29-2011, 04:55 PM
hope it works! :)

smalltowngirl13
01-29-2011, 04:56 PM
It sounds like you are making nice headway Wug...thanks so much for making it easy for the rest of us :)...

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Downloading from dropbox now... I can't believe I did this whole project without a usb... hurry up download!!!

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 05:00 PM
It sounds like you are making nice headway Wug...thanks so much for making it easy for the rest of us :)...

Thanks STG. When its done.. your theme will be the first I port! Even though you wont need me to do it!

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Ok.. well my phone didn't crash but my update script failed. I was trying to make it so that it automounted the system... does anyone know how to do that.. In the meantime, I am going to try again with an updatescript I know works

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I was trying to be slick and make my update script do this...

ui_print("********************************");
ui_print("** {{ WugPorted }} **");
ui_print("********************************");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
ui_print(" mounting system... ");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 2);
ui_print(" mounted ");
show_progress(0.500000, 3);
ui_print(" extracting package... ");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
ui_print(" extracted successfully! ");
show_progress(0.500000, 8);
ui_print(" unmounting system... ");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 9);
unmount("/system");
ui_print(" unmounted ");
show_progress(0.500000, 10);
ui_print(" done...booting...please be patient ");

does any dev know what I did wrong... and do I need an update binary.... I saw that somewhere when I was learning how to write these.

smalltowngirl13
01-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks STG. When its done.. your theme will be the first I port! Even though you wont need me to do it!

:)...Oh I will take you up on the offer and then I can try one for myself...

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Woot! Just successfully use my script, ported RevoRemix from Liberty to Gummy.
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/WugFresh/snap20110129_192246.jpg

Now to try something more radical like Liberty to Darkslide.

This is great news though. The script successfully did exactly what I wanted. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

scott021467
01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Now this its the one I have been waiting for, my fingers are crossed.

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Lol.. im looking at darkslide right now, it desperately needs to be themed.

{{ WugFresh }}

slim6596
01-29-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm fairly happy with Darkslide, but I like the pngs from WatermarkD

scott021467
01-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Yes I am very happy with DarkSlide. I have never found a rom that has it's reliability and it is truly my favorite bar none. But I would like to change the look every once in a while. Change is a good thing...lol
Hats off to you Wug...standing by.

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Great news!!!! After painstakingly combing over my code, I have finally gotten themes to port over to darkslide.

Apex Watermark on Darkslide:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/WugFresh/snap20110129_222519.jpg
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/WugFresh/snap20110129_222544.jpg

I am now really confident in my script... it actually works! I just finished making final tweaks to it to clean it up a little bit. And this entire project is basically done, all that's left is me flashing stock ROM and darkslide blurry, to grab the files off them I need. And then write up some quick instructions and this thing is getting released.

Will port over:
All system apps
Framework-res
Blur-res
Moto-res

Then repackage everything into a flashable zip with no throttle hack bundled in just like I promised.

{{ WugFresh }}

huntersn9525
01-29-2011, 09:48 PM
awesome work

gravybird
01-29-2011, 10:13 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd13a0-e45a-fa79.jpg

Hahaha, here is another branding on my lockscreen:-) I use nolock, so I didn't catch it until just now while playing around with it. I am in no ways complaining! I think its hilarious:-) thanks again for the port!

After you are done working your magic, will us mac users be able to use the porter?

Swyped while swerving

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Its a batch script right now. So you would have to run some sort of VM software like VMware or Parallels, for you to use it on a mac. I really don't feel like making a full program with a GUI for it now... but maybe.. I have a feeling so many people are going to be porting, that you can make a request and someone will do it for you. It takes like less than 2 minutes. The magic is done, I just am waiting for this stuff to upload to my comp so I can finish the package.

LOL.. thats a funny mistake. Well it won't happen in the release so you go the only branded version.. LOL

bbcrackman
01-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Why do you say that? Positive or negative? Just want to get a themers/ROMers point of view...

Its not negative... I think from my point of view if someone wants to port it have at it. It is what makes our devices our own. Nice work!

WugFresh
01-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Its not negative... I think from my point of view if someone wants to port it have at it. It is what makes our devices our own. Nice work!

Thank you. I'm glad your cool with it. I mean.. without themes.. what would people port?

:)

{{ WugFresh }}

Sorry this is taking so long.. my college has crap internet. And I have no usb.. so everything I am doing is through dropbox.. its so fustrating.. but its almost done.

bobniborg
01-29-2011, 11:45 PM
tick tick tick

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 12:05 AM

Sweet. Agreed!

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Argh... I just realized the stock needs to be deodexed, I never did that on stock.. I just went straight to custom ROMs. Does anyone have the deodexed stock files... Or an easy way for me to do it. Literally everything else is done.

I need:

/system/framework
/system/app

It needs to be deodexed.

I already have the no data throttle ready.

{{ WugFresh }}

samtheman
01-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Hey Wug thanks in advance, eagerly awaiting your work! :-)

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 12:26 AM
No problem. But I really don't know how to deodex. Can someone please help me get those two folders.. Thats all I need. And this is done!

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Nevermind guys..I found exactly what I need.... I am downloading it now.

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 01:14 AM
I just sent you one way. Just saw ur last post though.

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:17 AM
I'm done with everything.... I am just uploading it to multiple servers.
The file is massive its; 752 MB.

Links coming as soon as they are done uploading.

Phildo
01-30-2011, 02:22 AM
wow...hurry up...i wanna be first to download it (and not use it till late tomorrow...lmao)

[/end super excited] lol

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:30 AM
I cant stand this crap internet.. I am about to walk over to 24 hour study room in the library. This is practically dial up write now.. I am waiting to hear the old school AOL connecting noises.

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 02:33 AM
damn...lol...well do what you can man, even if it takes a few hours, it will be well worth the wait, and everybody will greatly appreciate your effort...i just wish i could do more for the community myself like with stuff that you are doing

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:49 AM
This is like the first real deal practical thing I have developed. It feels good. I really liked how it turned out. When its up, people will hopefully make mirrors because this its such a big file..need all the links we can get. Its at 16 percent right now.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:50 AM
Up 17... Lol

Should I make status updates per percent. Lol

{{ WugFresh }}

Les
01-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Can't wait Wug!

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Thanks! 18%

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:53 AM
I am going to demand they up there bandwidth.. This is pathetic.

... 19%

{{ WugFresh }}

akoe101
01-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Just to kill the time, can you explain why its so big? And its the finished project right? Sorry i havent really read the whole thread just some of it

Les
01-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Lol!!!

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Its so big because I am silly and should have uploaded it differently.

Basically for every ROM there is a normal directory and a zipped restore directory that runs after you port. Because after you port those normal directories now have apks with different pngs packaged in. So I wrore script to delete everything in them, and then extract the _restore.zip where "_" is what ever ROM you ported too.

What I should have done, is write a onetime run script that just extracts all the restore.zips.

But I didnt... So basically the file is twice as big as it should be.. For upload sake.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:02 AM
I will next time. 22%

....23%

And I am all for killing time now. I must have watching 1,000,000 loading screens today.

...24%

...25% woot 1/4 mark!

{{ WugFresh }}

akoe101
01-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Haha well whats good is you succeded in developing something thats extremely helpful and for that i congratulate you. Just as long as i can port incognito to liberty

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:09 AM
Hopefully. The key is to try and only port blurry themes to blurry ROMs. I really think this script will port anything.

But I havent tested every single theme on every single ROM. Theres no garuntee its flawless.. But you all will tell me... And then I will try and fix it.

27%

{{ WugFresh }}

akoe101
01-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Does it already port blurless? And it should port blurry themes to blurry roms? What about vice versa

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Oh. I would like to warn you all of one glitch... But it doesnt affect anything but drives me nuts.

When it starts doing the system apps. The first entry reads.. "file specified not found" then it goes on to do everything perfectly.. I looked forever to find out what it was talking about... And never found it... I dont care anymore.. Because it works... But im not going to lie and tell you it didnt drive me crazy.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:24 AM
Does it already port blurless? And it should port blurry themes to blurry roms? What about vice versa

It should port anything to anything. But if the system apps are different they wont get ported.

Like blur_phone.apk isnt going to transfer to phone.apk because it matches names.

I could write code to rename stuff and make it do it.. But I dont think I should because their visual makeup is different and the pngs probably wont match.

The framewok_res.apk should always port... But the script can also can port blur_res.apk and moto_res.apk so if your going from blurry to blurless then your losing stuff in the port... Because theres no where for those pngs to port to.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:26 AM
So basically it will port anything it can.

..33% 1/3 woot!

..34%

{{ WugFresh }}

akoe101
01-30-2011, 03:28 AM
This is incredibly significant for everyone who wanted a theme on a different rom but couldnt have it. Now they can. Sir if you have a donate link (i cant tell since im in the tapatalk app) i would be more than happy to buy you a couple beers

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:37 AM
I am not an official dev so I am not allowed to have a donate link in my sig, but I put a shortcut file in the package where the text file with instruction resides. I would greatly apreciate any beers if you are willing/able to do so. Thank you!

I also credited daneshm90 who wrote the original scrip I based this off of. I dont know if he has a donate button anywhere but he is responsible for the bulk of the code.

I turned it into a user friendly porter... And did a bunch of stuff so the final product is a flashable zip.

I also made it more interactive... You will see.

But without daneshm90's work I would have never been motivated to make it.

I spoke with him though and he gave me his full suport.. He was real chill about everything.

...41%

...43%

{{ WugFresh }}

akoe101
01-30-2011, 03:45 AM
Well good work, cant wait to try it!

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Thank you. As I said before, if you have any problems with it, please just report back in as much detail as possible... And then I will adress it. I dont think there will be though. It worked for me!

...45%

I want to post it so I can finally sleep. I have been at this since 10/11 am... And all day yeaterday as well.

...46%

{{ WugFresh }}

akoe101
01-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Dude the upload is taking too long. But im sure when you wake up tomorrow you'll have a couple pages of thank yous and questions from people who tried it out while you slept haha

akoe101
01-30-2011, 03:59 AM
I know you need the sleep. How many days have you worked on it from 10 am tomidnight?

samtheman
01-30-2011, 04:02 AM
To bad I can't lend ya my 50mb fiber connection. Where we at?
My wife just woke me up guess I fell asleep with my phone somehow laying I in my face ...lol..

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:07 AM
Just so you all know, the file you will be downloading is called wugport.exe, I stongly reccomend bringing it to your C: drive... As batch scripts arent the best at finding themselves.. And if the script doesnt know its current directory then it will fail. It works everytime in C: drive. Double click the exe and it will self extract as the folder "wugport". So now you have the folder

C:/wugport

Inside that theres a bunch of files and folders. Leave it all just as it is.

Drop the Theme_you_want_to_port.zip into the folder PUT_YOUR_THEME_IN_HERE

Leave it as a zip... Do not change anything.

Then double click wugport.bat

And the script will do the rest.

52%

53%

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:11 AM
I know you need the sleep. How many days have you worked on it from 10 am tomidnight?

Like two/three... The first day I saw it I was just trying to wrap my head around it. But only really two solid days of work.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:13 AM
To bad I can't lend ya my 50mb fiber connection. Where we at?
My wife just woke me up guess I fell asleep with my phone somehow laying I in my face ...lol..

I take half of that and still be happy.

Wheres the throttle hack for my campus.. Lol!

55%

Omg is it really 5am... I have been up forever.

{{ WugFresh }}

akoe101
01-30-2011, 04:15 AM
I have downloaded a wugport.exe and .zip file yesterday that were only about 20mb. With that one you had to extract the app and framwork folders and place them in a folder called old and the rest of that. Is that an old version?

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:16 AM
Maybe I should just set an alarm to go off in like... Wait, I should look back at my posts and get a time estimate.

{{ WugFresh }}

samtheman
01-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Ya I love living in Sacramento, with Surewest Fiber...Upload speeds are faster than download speeds! I pay for 50mb (It is 200 a month!) But my upload speeds are about 65mb, download right at 47...Anyways! I am planning on converting Dark Theme to Apex 1.3.1, and there is a Swype keyboard theme that is listed under "extras", is your conversion script going to work for this? Or just the main theme? Just curious, because I have loaded the theme on the Tranquility ROM but I love APEX. Here is a link to what I am talking about.

Dark Android for Tranquility 3.7 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dark-android-designs/117866-dark-android-tranquility-3-7-a.html)

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:20 AM
I have downloaded a wugport.exe and .zip file yesterday that were only about 20mb. With that one you had to extract the app and framwork folders and place them in a folder called old and the rest of that. Is that an old version?

Thats made by daneshm90 all I did was make instructions and a cleanup script.

Thats before I took on this project.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 04:22 AM
Ya I love living in Sacramento, with Surewest Fiber...Upload speeds are faster than download speeds! I pay for 50mb (It is 200 a month!) But my upload speeds are about 65mb, download right at 47...Anyways! I am planning on converting Dark Theme to Apex 1.3.1, and there is a Swype keyboard theme that is listed under "extras", is your conversion script going to work for this? Or just the main theme? Just curious, because I have loaded the theme on the Tranquility ROM but I love APEX. Here is a link to what I am talking about.

Dark Android for Tranquility 3.7 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dark-android-designs/117866-dark-android-tranquility-3-7-a.html)

Goodies zips work on any rom. Download and use your file manager rom extract the zip and you have access to the icons, docks, wallpapers, etc. Use desktop visualizer.

samtheman
01-30-2011, 04:22 AM
Ooops double post.

samtheman
01-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Goodies zips work on any rom. Download and use your file manager rom extract the zip and you have access to the icons, docks, wallpapers, etc. Use desktop visualizer.

Ok, you lost me @ "Use desktop visualizer". The zip looks like a flashable zip. So I can extract this onto my phone, then, exactly, what do I do?

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:26 AM

If the swype is installed as a system app.. Meaning its in the system/app folder... Then yes it will port. In the next release I am going to include a way to port any app.. System or user.

But as far as your particular example goes... You could probably forego using the porter for the themed swype and just try installing it on Apex straight up... Keyboads tend to work on all ROMs.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Ok, you lost me @ "Use desktop visualizer". The zip looks like a flashable zip. So I can extract this onto my phone, then, exactly, what do I do?

If they're extras like icons and wallpapers and other apk's like a themed swype then its not an installable zip. You extract those zips to gain access to the docks, icons, wallpapers, etc inside. For swyoe it'll work on any rom. Just pull the apk and install using your file manager.

samtheman
01-30-2011, 04:33 AM
If they're extras like icons and wallpapers and other apk's like a themed swype then its not an installable zip. You extract those zips to gain access to the docks, icons, wallpapers, etc inside. For swyoe it'll work on any rom. Just pull the apk and install using your file manager.

Ive installed roms, using clockwork, but I am still somewhat new. So just extract this, use Clockwork Rom manager, and use the Install from SD feature to install this? -- Sorry still not exactly sure what you mean..

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:35 AM
A zip is only flashable if its digitally signed and has the update_script

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:37 AM
Ive installed roms, using clockwork, but I am still somewhat new. So just extract this, use Clockwork Rom manager, and use the Install from SD feature to install this? -- Sorry still not exactly sure what you mean..

Root explorer
Long press
Extract
Go sdcard/extracted/*

*=whatever the name of the zip you extracted

Short press swype.apk
Install

Done.

{{ WugFresh }}

samtheman
01-30-2011, 04:40 AM
Oh lol, ok sorry, I get it :) Hehe...(7 shots of patron I am sure has delayed my comprehension skills, smirk)

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Normally with detailed themes they include an extras or goodies zip. Inside here are the dock icons or docks or wallpapers that match the actual themed framework. These are not install zips. Download astro file manager. Download the extras zip. Go to your download folder and you will see the extras zip, long press on it, extract, extract to this directory, it will then pull everything out to view. Open it and you will see all the extras. For wallpapers you long press on the screen, go to gallery, and you'll see the images. For icons you need either launcher pro or desktop visualizer from the market to put them on the homescreen. For docks you need launcher pro.

samtheman
01-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Ya I extraxed Swype.apk and attempted to install it, but it said "Not installed" after trying to install it. Hmm. Assuming it must be an issue with the apk. (yes unknown sources, and debugging is enabled)

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 05:03 AM
Do u have root explorer? Do you already have a swype version installed?

samtheman
01-30-2011, 05:05 AM
Yes I bought root explorer, and yes I have the Swype, it is skinned black from the default Apex ROM, v1.3.1.

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 05:17 AM
Ok. You can use root explorer to rename the file extension on your current swype to bak and then try to install the new swype. The old swyoe will either be in system/app or data/app in root explorer.

samtheman
01-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Renamed Swype.apk in System/app, attempted to installed the Swype.apk that i extracted, still says "Application not installed", after attempting installation, <sigh>.

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 05:31 AM
Ok then it probably doesn't have the right permissions. Use root explorer to move it to system/apps. Open your old swype (long press) and check permissions then ensure the new one has the same permissions.

samtheman
01-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Copied over to the System/app folder, matched the permissions with the original Swype.apk, still same results, "Application not installed" after attempting installation...

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Reboot now. The app is already on your system.

Then long press a textfield, select keyboard

samtheman
01-30-2011, 05:55 AM
You are correct sir. Worked as you suggested. After reboot, and selecting the new imput method it was there. Thanks bud.

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 06:11 AM
No problem.

smalltowngirl13
01-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Awesome job Wug! It looks like you finished but just to be sure before I download the files in your OP - are these the ones you just uploaded...I couldn't tell from the posts ;)...

slim6596
01-30-2011, 06:42 AM
He said the finished product is about 750mb

Phildo
01-30-2011, 07:58 AM
i'm guessing he passed out...lol

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 11:00 AM
i'm guessing he passed out...lol

Correct. Sorry guys, but I was donzo...sorry. I made it to like 70% and passed out. Im gonna go somewhere with a really strong connection now.

After all that, I wake up too error uploading.

Such bs. I really wanted this up.hours ago.

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
01-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Campus connections usually have great upload speeds. I get 10 Mb up at mine.

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 11:12 AM
For some reason its crap unless I go to a library. I already complained and their network administrator tried to feed me some line about peek hours... Oh yeah? 3:00 am to 5:00 am? Bs. He did say in his response that they were "in the process of upgrading their bandwidth" but too me it sounds like "we dont give a ****"

{{ WugFresh }}

Snow02
01-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Nah, any decent sized university has a fat pipe. They're artificially limiting the upload speeds more than some I guess. The advent of torrents is responsible in most cases. Rather than deal with people that abuse it individually, it's easier to limit everybody. Which is why a public place like the library would have a faster connect - no one is going to park at the library and seed for hours.

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 11:28 AM
I have lol! They probably red flagged me... Hahaha.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Ok guys. So I included a runonce script that auto extracts those archives on first run so the file size is significantly reduced.

Will start posting links very soon.

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 01:57 PM
RELEASED! Updated OP

First download link up.
Mirrors comming....

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:05 PM
First mirror posted!

Enjoy

{{ WugFresh }}

mrclean2828
01-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Where r they posted at

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Download links and instructions available in the first post.

{{ WugFresh }}

mrclean2828
01-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Nvm. I just went back to beginning and saw

mikeinrichmond
01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Great work Wug!

mrclean2828
01-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Thx so much wug. Ur awesome. Ur time in this is and will be greatly appreciated:)

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks mike!
Thanks mrclean!

Let the porting freenzy begin.. LOL!

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:44 PM
I have an idea:

If people have successfully ported themes using WugPort, post up download links to share them with mac and linux users; then I will update the OP with a repository of download links, so everybody wins!

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I am so exited/nervous to hear how this works for you guys. I believe it works but I wont be at ease until others report their results.

{{ WugFresh }}

mrclean2828
01-30-2011, 03:43 PM
That's a great idea posting the ported themes. Make it easy for all to enjoy.

scott021467
01-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow downloaded ported it did its thing I am like a kid on christmas day. Your the best Wug and will report back. Just need to investigate blur roms again. But just wanted to let it is working.

One question I ported my first and got a bunch of file not specified on the first part. Is this what you were referring to a couple of pages ago?
Just want to now if this is normal.

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Yay! Hooray... First success! That makes me so happy!

For mac/linux users, if you have any theme you want me to port for you, provide a download link to the original and the ROM you want it ported to and I will crank them out and add them to the "Successfully Ported Themes Repository" section in the OP.

Deal? ;)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 04:12 PM
One question I ported my first and got a bunch of file not specified on the first part. Is this what you were referring to a couple of pages ago?
Just want to now if this is normal.

I usually only get one of those.

are you running it from the directory?

C:/newfolder

it runs better from a folder in the top directory.. No spaces in the folder name.

smalltowngirl13
01-30-2011, 05:17 PM
RELEASED! Updated OP

First download link up.
Mirrors comming....

Awesome job WUG!!!

scott021467
01-30-2011, 05:17 PM
It is in its own folder on my desktop called wugport

mrclean2828
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
I successfully ported executive red for stock and dark android red for rubix focused over to rubix blurry and both flashed perfectly! Thanks again wug

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Awesome job WUG!!!

Thank you. What do you want that theme ported too?

I am batch porting themes right now.

Also... would any of you be interested in a power_user version?

The first run screen gets annoying... The, "are you sure you put the theme in the folder... blah..blah."

I can make another batch script that has that removed for those of you who got the hang of it.

I also am going to include another option "Port Theme To All". Where it will port the theme to all the ROMs.

Or maybe..
"Port Theme to all Blurless" and "Port theme to all Blurry"

I also want to code it better so that the theme that popped out is named better. Like the original name of the theme with the appended information of the ROM you ported to so like: "OrignalThemeName_ROM-you-ported-to_PORT.zip"

then you could just go batch porting crazy, with no delays. You wouldn't have to move the theme out.

Stay tuned.. more comming.

Suggestions are always welcome.

I am glad its working for all you. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-30-2011, 05:56 PM
@ wug...I am currently on Liberty and quite happy with it at the moment (battery life still isn't what I would like) but your posts from the sysctl thread helped me some...If I were to change ROMs, I would look at going back to either GJ or trying ApeX...

Now, with that said, I know that 1.5 is going to be coming out within a few days (from what I read)...will this theme be able to be ported into 1.5 once you have the ROM and such?

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes. Its very easy for me to continue updating this to support new ROM releases. I don't even have to release a whole new version I can just release a miniPatch.exe that will extract and overwrite the batch script with the newly supported ROM and the proper files needed.

About your battery life issue.. I strongly recommend the new Rubix.. it's great. And the systlctl.conf is already enabled by default using Drod's recommended settings and he really knows what he doing. In that thread about the systl.conf I was just more interesting in Marius's posts because he seemed like he was experimenting alot and I liked that.. But Drod has got some nice stable settings and his ROMs are amazing. And now, themes wont hold you back from switching ROMs. Just choose the best one for you. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

scott021467
01-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Wug I just ran Black juice blur through the porting and got "The system cannot find the file specified" from beginning right up until the porting process started. The it usually gives the amount of files copied and completes the process and gives a ported zip. Could this be a bad download of your zip or am i missing a step?

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Everytime you get "The system cannot find the file specified" that means.. That the ROM you are porting to doesn't have the particular app its looking to port the pngs too. Basically the way the script works is that it only ports what it cans.

However. If you get like a million "The system cannot find the file specified" that means the batch script doesn't know where it currently is.

Thats why I stated in the OP that you should run it from the TOP directory only in one subfolder so

C:/newfolder [no spaces in the folder name]

if its on you desktop it may work... but thats already
C:/users/yourname/desktop/newfolder

That's getting bad.

Its really bad if you start it in a folder that has higher directory structures with folder names with spaces in them.

SO:

always run it from

C:/newfolder

Also, if any one is having any particular problems.. I can port it for you. Just give me the link to the original and the ROM you want me to port it to. And I will add it to the OP. The OP is going to be constantly updated with a repository of new ports. I have already begun batch porting.

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 06:24 PM
suggestion...can you add the file size next to the ported theme? that way it will clue someone in if they get a bad download

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 06:25 PM
suggestion...can you add the file size next to the ported theme? that way it will clue someone in if they get a bad download

I like that idea. Maybe I can make it just give you a notification at the end if the final product is not larger than X amount.. or something.

Because it might be annoying for them to named with files-sizes.

I want to make it so that they are named with the proper theme name plus the ROM they are porting to. So each name is unique... that way it will prevent accidental overwrites.

Keep the suggestions coming. The hard part is done. Adding features is fun.

I am going to aim to have another big update soon with lots of these little features.

I really want to try and bundle addons in. Because I figured out how to port user apps, which means I can bundle anything in the final zip.

So keep the ideas coming. :)

Phildo
01-30-2011, 06:27 PM
I like that idea. Maybe I can make it like just give you a notification at the end if the final product is not larger than X amount.. or something.

oh..i was talking about in the first post....lol

scott021467
You sir are the getting beers on payday. Placed the file in my computer so that the file structure read as you stated and after the first "not specified" everything went off without a problem. I am so happy now to flash and see what happens. A standing ovation for you Wug.

slim6596
Wug, the Darkslide.Watermark theme...is it for Darkslide Blurless or Blurry?

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 06:37 PM
@Phildo
Oh lol.. I like that idea too.. hahah. My head is thinking in batch script now. Yeah will start doing that.

@Scot
Yay! I like beers! Thanks scott. I think I should include more info on that in the first post and stress the proper directory more.

@Slim
Darkslide Blurless. I will post up a legend of how I name things.. basically any blurry rom will get a "b" so if it were for a blurry ROM it would be:

Watermarked_Darkslideb.zip but that one is just Watermarked_Darkslide.zip

{{ WugFresh }}

huntersn9525
01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
+1 on the standing O for wug!!!! awesome man, just plain awesome!!!

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Yay! I love all this positive feedback! Thank you guys.. I'm glad you like it!

I also am totally open to suggestions about what any of you want to see in the next release. Because I want to add all the functionality into this thing that I can. Basically the premise is I am trying to make this thing make nice onetime flashable zips with all your favorite addons and everything... thats my main idea right now.

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 07:01 PM
i'll give my feedback once my test theme runs and is installed...lol....

but my suggestion...porting themed user apps...i know, it's been discussed...lol

slim6596
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Last question and I'll leave you alone Wug. What is the approximate file size on that DS/Watermark theme zip? I ask because I just moved to a rented room for work and apparently I was hogging their internet bandwidth trying to download it. (Manager called me to ask if I could cancel any downloads so he could email some homework into his teacher) I am going to try again later...much later like 2 or 3 am (I work 3rd shift and stay up late on Sundays). Thanks again for your hard work.

p.s. I regularly am awake for over 24 hours straight, so I know how you were feeling. ugh!

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 07:26 PM
i'll give my feedback once my test theme runs and is installed...lol....

but my suggestion...porting themed user apps...i know, it's been discussed...lol

The thing about user apps, is there is no need to extract their pngs and repackage them, they are apks.. meaning they can be installed on any ROM. All your looking for is that your apps are a bundled in the flashable zip. That's really easy. All I do is have the update the script extract the system folder and the data folder. But the user will have to manually put their apks in some folder which I will include in the directory structure in my wugport package... because I can't prepackage every-single user app ever made.

I'm wondering what happens if the update script says to extract the data folder and its completely empty... probably wont be a problem.. regardless I could always include one apk in there or something.

I'm really liking this idea... because its almost better than TiBackup. You install your ROM, you prepare your all in one flashable zip. Flash the payload and your up and running, themed... with ALL of your apks... (regadless if they are themed or not). Then you can just use TiBackup to selectively restore data. That would boil down installing a new ROM into two zips.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Last question and I'll leave you alone Wug. What is the approximate file size on that DS/Watermark theme zip? I ask because I just moved to a rented room for work and apparently I was hogging their internet bandwidth trying to download it. (Manager called me to ask if I could cancel any downloads so he could email some homework into his teacher) I am going to try again later...much later like 2 or 3 am (I work 3rd shift and stay up late on Sundays). Thanks again for your hard work.

p.s. I regularly am awake for over 24 hours straight, so I know how you were feeling. ugh!

lol... yeah.. I am a total night owl.. but I will get tired if I am starring at batch script... It eats you alive.. LOL.

Since Philido asked me to include file sizes I updated all of them. I was slow updating that one, because I was still batch porting Rubix Themes.

{{ WugFresh }}

slim6596
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Thank you sir.

Phildo
01-30-2011, 07:36 PM
The thing about user apps, is there is no need to extract their pngs and repackage them, they are apks.. meaning they can be installed on any ROM. All your looking for is that your apps are a bundled in the flashable zip. That's really easy. All I do is have the update the script extract the system folder and the data folder. But the user will have to manually put their apks in some folder which I will include in the directory structure in my wugport package... because I can't prepackage every-single user app ever made.

I'm wondering what happens if the update script says to extract the data folder and its completely empty... probably wont be a problem.. regardless I could always include one apk in there or something.

I'm really liking this idea... because its almost better than TiBackup. You install your ROM, you prepare your all in on flashable zip. Flash the payload and your up and running, themed... with ALL of your apks... (regadless if they are themed or not). Then you can just use TiBackup to selectively restore data. That would boil down installing a new ROM into two zips.

{{ WugFresh }}

you're like me with what i do for my hobbies...just need someone to talk to and sudden ideas come to mind...LOL....

hope it works out for you man...this thing rocks so far. ported 2 themes, downloading one and uploading one via dropbox...lol

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice! Glad it's working. Yeah, its much easier to come up with ideas when you are vocal. It allows your brain to hear itself.. if that makes any sense.. lol!

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 08:14 PM
makes total and complete sense!

Phildo
01-30-2011, 08:22 PM
ok, so i did the liberty blackdout_blue to rubix 1.9.7. i wiped data, wiped cache, fresh install of rubix, did nandroid (didn't have one lol oops) and flashed the ported copy of the theme. phone booted up, and it looks like stock rubix...or maybe just blackdout...but DEFINITELY not blackdout blue...lol...not sure what's going on here...i just re-ported it now, gonna check the files in the zip and see what's up

original port did NOT change any images in the framework-res.apk...gotta transfer 2nd attempt from netbook to mac so i can look at it (i know what i'm doing better with apk's on the mac...lol)

bobniborg
01-30-2011, 08:23 PM
make the porter an app? downloadable from the market with the opening screen asking what theme (drop down menu) to what rom(drop down menu). just a thought to make it available to the masses.

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Edits made. Was far to dismisive in original response.

I suppose its possible. But I know windows.... not android. I would have to learn the SDK for android, and there would be no way to use any of my code, just the concept. I would have to figure out how to do the equivalent comands in adb commands. Plus it seems kinda silly.. It's so fast on a computer with full processing power and what not. And I already consider this release to be "to the masses"... anyone can use this and download it, or request a theme ported and it will be made instantly. It doesn't seem that beneficial to me to do it on the phone.

This whole batch is based of of ziping and unzipping things. Just think of how long it takes you to make or extract zips on your phone... and thats just a few files... Now imagine doing that with every single system app and your entire framework_res.apk, blur_res.apk, and moto_res.apk

Thats trying to zip and unzip most of the files on the the phone.... Doing it ON your phone. That would take forever, probably overheat your phone, or stall out.

I don't know... just my thought. Thank you for sharring your suggestion though! There are certainly a lot of things that are applicable to doing on the phone but I dont think its best to do so for this particular script. I would like to stick to the windows platform for now rather than try a full remake, I dont have a great deal of coding experience so learning new syntax takes me a little while. I could look into it though, I'm sure adb sytax is cleaner than batch script.. Lol. Regardless this project has sparked the inner dev in me, so getting on the android SDK for whatever reason is probably a good one. Maybe I can learn to make other useful apps... ? Thank you again for speaking up, but for the reasons I previously stated I will probably just stick to batch script for this project... Or maybe I can try and get better with Visual basic to build a GUI for this; the nice thing about VB is that you can write code to call batch scripts to run silently in the background.. So in that case I could still implement some of the code I already wrote thus far.

Having a GUI might be a really beneficial feature, because I could use checkboxes/radio buttons so that the user could selectively customize what they want ported, and use pull down menus like your post suggested for ROM selection. Now THATS an idea I like! So thank you for making me look beyond my comfort zone of batch script and making me consider the idea of using different programming languages and visual aspects. Those are all things that make the end product WAY better and more user friendly. I am very sorry for being dismissive the first time I responded to your idea... Its just that my initial reaction was "AHHH...learning MORE code!!! No!" Thats just what happens when you stare at batch script for two days..LOL, so please forgive me for my hastily response of NO earlier when I first addressed your post. And I thank you again for your input. I am all for improving this concept and a GUI would totally bring it to next level. Once I remaster the batch code, building a GUI will be next on the list. So although I am not using your an idea for a phone app, I am very much in line with your mindset about GUI based programs. So thank you again, and my apologies for earlier. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 08:47 PM
ok, so i did the liberty blackdout_blue to rubix 1.9.7. i wiped data, wiped cache, fresh install of rubix, did nandroid (didn't have one lol oops) and flashed the ported copy of the theme. phone booted up, and it looks like stock rubix...or maybe just blackdout...but DEFINITELY not blackdout blue...lol...not sure what's going on here...i just re-ported it now, gonna check the files in the zip and see what's up

original port did NOT change any images in the framework-res.apk...gotta transfer 2nd attempt from netbook to mac so i can look at it (i know what i'm doing better with apk's on the mac...lol)

so yeah...2nd attempt was a no-go as well.

Wug, maybe you can try it, STG posted a link to it, post #30 in this thread...lol

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 08:54 PM
The framework res doesnt port when you watch the batch? Or did I post a port that doesnt work?

Is it in the OP yet... I have ported a,whole bunch of themes.

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
it's not in the OP...BUT...it ported at least some system apps...but not the framework...the dialer is themed, but the notification bar is not...strange...lol

Phildo
01-30-2011, 09:01 PM
apps moved:

1 accountandsyncsettings
2 browser
3 calculater
4 calendarprovider
5 camera
6 carhomelauncher
7 deskclock
8 downloadprovider
9 email
10 geniewidget
11 googlequicksearchbox
12 latinime
13 livewallpapers
14 mms
15 music
16 packageinstaller
17 phone
18 phoneconfig
19 settings
20 settingsprovider
21 setupwizard
22 swype
23 talk
24 vending
25 voicedialer

then it says it's transferring framework-res, and 29 files copied...

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Thats really strange... Because, when STG posted that along time ago I actually thought she wanted it ported to GummyJAR and I had promised her I would port it. And I did actually try... and funny to admit it now I had the same thing happen. I figured it was human error, and I messed something up in my script..and just resumed coding, under the assumption that when it was all built it would work. Lol, STG.. must be tricking us.. She found the only unportable ROM.... !!!

Ok, well based on how this script works it SHOULD work. Maybe the framework_res.apk is already broken in that download. Try installing it for the ROM its actually built for. I dont believe in unexplained anomolies... theres a reason.

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 09:11 PM
ok, i'll go snag liberty and try to install an un-ported version of blackdout blue...will report back!

leave it to me to mention the ONE messed up theme...LMAO

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 09:21 PM
When it happened to me the first time, that was the first time I doubted the project. I was like.. oh no... It doesnt really work. But then I decided not to dwell on it and build the rest. I obviously havent tested every theme so its possible it could happen again. Thats why its beneficial for us to find out why.

I hope its because the framework is broken... then that means the script Wins! If it does turn out not to be broken... that is so odd. I will have to figure it out.

{{ WugFresh }}

cruckus
01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Yo can anyone port the tron theme from rubix over my laptop is fried and this would be most appreciated thanks

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Port tron to Rubix... or from Rubix to something else?

What ROM is tron originally for? Can you provide a download link?

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Wuggie...the BlackDout Blue theme installed perfectly over a fresh install of Liberty :(

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 10:23 PM
I just realized how silly this if for me to be porting these themes one at a time. That defeats the entire purpose of batch script all together. I am not going to code anymore today so I can resume school work. But what I am going to do, is make it so that you can put like a million themes in the PUT_YOUR_THEME_IN_HERE folder, and the script with methodically port every single theme to every single ROM, all in one go. That's what batch is all about, doing a "batch" of things all at once. The code is all there I just have to re-work it so that it renames things properly. Then this thing will be a friggin powerhouse. But that's what batch is all about. Put all your input in, and then let it output it all. So stay tuned for the next release. Its going to do that, plus user app bundling.

Additionally, if you look at daneshm90's original script... he made it so that you can port ROM themes from different frameworks. He included a whole way to resize the png files and stuff. I only used option 1 of his script. So I am going to implement the rest of his script into this mega batcher. But I can't bundle the apps and framework from every single ROM ever made in the history of ROMs for all firmware. So this is my idea.

There will be another folder called "PUT_YOUR_ROM_IN_HERE" and then write the script to automatically extract the framework and app folders from that, and package them into the restore zips and make the corresponding directories.

Then you can batch port any theme from any ROM, and you can do as many as you want at the same time. Thats the goal. But I will implement this idea into code another day.

But its entirely possible and I know exactly how I will do it.

For now if anyone wants themes ported for them. Always provide the following:
1. The direct download link to the original theme
2. The name of the ROM the theme was originally built for
3. The name of the ROM you wan't to port it to.

If I can't do it. Hopefully someone else will do it, because it only takes 1 minute if your provide that information clearly. Literally just write it out just how I posted. 1,2,3. And someone will do it for you no problem.

I'm happy that a lot of you expressed that you all like my work on this project thus far. Please consider making a donation if you are able to do so. If not, I totally understand as I am a college student and money will remain tight until I graduate. So I am more than happy just to get thank you's! This day has been great, it feels really good to have built something like this. I am so happy that it actually works! :)

I really am happy I discovered daneshm90's code, if I hadn't I would have never been motivated to script the batch from scratch, but now that I found it, I can keep improving it so that it truly is the Universal Theme Porter (and soon the Universal Theme & App Porter). It's great to be able to help the andorid community without having to understand Linux entirely. My windows knowledge has literally "ported" over to the android world.. LOL, no pun intended. This project is really fun for me, and I am glad that you are all enjoying it too.

Will report back soon on this project with more updates and hopefully you all can expect a new and improved releases with all those features I previously mentioned, very soon.

Enjoy.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Wuggie...the BlackDout Blue theme installed perfectly over a fresh install of Liberty :(

Ok, well... I will have to figure out what that's all about. Very odd. I will mess around it. And just isolate the script for porting the framework, and I will turn ECHO on which shows me everything thats happening. and I will use the pause command so I can watch every single png transfer (assuming they transfer) and watch it bundle it in the same fashion. I guarantee that if I do that, that I will be able to get to the bottom of it. Thank you for taking the time to check into it. I will make sure to include corrections in the script to deal with whatever is happening in that particular circumstance, because if it happened once... its most definitely is possible to happen again if not corrected.

Will post what I find out.

{{ WugFresh }}

Phildo
01-30-2011, 10:57 PM
no, thank you, for doing this for all of us! i'm just the little guy here, trying to do what i can to help :)

samtheman
01-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Just did a port of the Darktheme, to Apex 1.3.1, and it hangs at the Moto logo when attempting to boot. Any ideas? Booted back into clockwork, and attempted to use apexrestore, it is hanging on install, sigh.

I did notice after "Transferring Apps" an error pops up saying "the system could not find the specified path". Its the only thing I noticed when running the bat file.

Grabbed the GB theme and installed it back on the phone so I could get my phone to boot again, without restoring :) but would love to know what I did wrong. Followed the instructions (I thought) to the letter, its odd that even the included "apexrestore" would freeze during install, had to battery pull.

What I did do.
Put on the C drive in a folder called ThemePorter
Ran, runonce ran successfully and deleted itself
placed the darktheme in the putthemesinhere folder
ran the bat file and selected option 1 for apex
put the apexPort.zip file on my SD card
rebooted with bootstrapper into recovery mode
installed from zip
installed successful
reboot
Hangs on Moto logo (waited about 5 minutes)

I did the port with the Tranqulity DarkTheme, attempting the Rubix version to see if I have better luck.

No luck converting the Rubix version either, locks on Moto logo...

Thanks

WugFresh
01-31-2011, 01:19 AM
@samtheman

Try doing it one more time and mounting system first before flashing the zip. I have a feeling it has to do with the no throttle service.jar and not the theme. The "Could not find the specific path" is normal as long as you don't get too many of them, then that mean your directory isn't clear to the bat, but as you stated, you followed my instructions to the T.

To mount system:
In clockwork recovery got to: "mounts & storage"
Then select: "mount system"
Power button or back button to go back.
Then install your zip as usual.

I think that will resolve your problem. Please report back. In the next version I will fix my update scripts to auto-mount and un-mount the system before and after installation respectively.

Thank you for the detailed description. Makes it much easier to determine the source of the problem. If it is resolved then I will update the instructions in the OP to advise mounting the system first... until the next release where I will improve the update scripts. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-31-2011, 01:24 AM
To those who are following this thread I wanted to direct you back to a post I previously made in response to suggestion that I made a very hastily response to the first time around. I since thought about it and updated my response accordingly. Since this thread is already getting long. Here is the direct link to the post I am referring to (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/17365-universal-theme-porter-24.html#post186391).

{{ WugFresh }}

samtheman
01-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Mounted system volume, same result. Locks on moto logo upon boot.

Droid-Xer
01-31-2011, 01:49 AM
Try a few battery pulls or wipe cache prior to install.