PDA

View Full Version : Where do find new icons...

HellHound
02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I am just using the basic, stock droid os. It is rooted but I want to change some of the images around. Like the unlock screen, the battery icon (and some more icons). I am not sure what they are called so excuse me for my in experience.

Thanks for your guys help. Even if you dont reply but read this everybody on the forums is doing a great job.

mopar-x
02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
You can change a lot of that stuff with a new launcher I use ADW Launcher EX ... However there are a few launchers out there. You should look at the screen shot thread lots of good ideas in there.

sent from mopar-x from in side a bomb shelter

t.crawford714
02-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Check this out http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/12641-how-use-ninjamorph-change-notification-bar-icons.html

smalltowngirl13
02-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Also check out sephtin.com - you can create custom themes for your X and change up what you like to see...

mopar-x
02-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Also check out sephtin.com - you can create custom themes for your X and change up what you like to see...

Yes I have a theme running on liberty 1.5 from that site as we speak ... just awesomeness.

sent from mopar-x from in side a bomb shelter

7Chris.Crash
02-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I have found the best way to theme my phone has been to pull/push framework-res.apk and do the editing myself. I wouldn't consider myself an experienced programmer/moder and I find it pretty easy to do.

---------------:reddroid:!!!Make a NANDROID BACKUP First!!!:reddroid:---------------

1. First make sure you have ADB setup. You can find that here
How To: Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices | TheUnlockr (http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-set-up-adb-usb-drivers-for-android-devices/)

2. Open up command prompt (windows) or terminal (mac) and run
adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

(This will pull the apk to the directory your currently in in the command prompt)

2.5. Browse to the folder that framework-res.apk got extracted to and make a backup by copying framework-res.apk and then pasting it and giving the new copy the name framework-res.apk.original

3. I then use 7-Zip to extract frameowrk-res.apk. You can find 7-zip here
7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/)
(I prefer 7-zip because of its price, free, and its ease of use)

4. You can browse the extracted folder "framework-res.apk > res > drawable-hdpi" to find the icons and images used by the system

5. If you want to edit any of them (as in photoshop) you edit them from the STILL PACKED APK. Not the one we unzipped.

A. To edit them right click on the file framework-res.apk and choose 7-zip > open archive
B. Browse to res > drawable-hdpi and drag the images you want to edit to your desktop (or some other folder you want to edit them in)
C. Edit them with your image program.
D. Drag them back into the 7-zip window that you originally dragged them out of (if you closed this, just redo step 5A.)

6. If you didn't want to edit the images and just wanted to replace them from another rom you can

A. Follow step 5A
B. Follow step 5A but instead use the new roms framework-res.apk
C. You should now have 2 framework-res.apk open
D. Drag the images from the new rom's framework-res.apk to your frameowrk-res.apk

7. Close the 7-zip windows

8. Open up command prompt/terminal again and navigate to the directory you pulled framework-res.apk too

9. First Type in:
adb push framework-res.apk /sdcard/

10. Then Type In:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock4 /system

11. Then:
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/framework-res.apk of=/system/framework/framework-res.apk

12. Finally:
adb shell reboot

Now your done!

t.crawford714
02-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I have found the best way to theme my phone has been to pull/push framework-res.apk and do the editing myself. I wouldn't consider myself an experienced programmer/moder and I find it pretty easy to do.

---------------:reddroid:!!!Make a NANDROID BACKUP First!!!:reddroid:---------------

1. First make sure you have ADB setup. You can find that here
How To: Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices | TheUnlockr (http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-set-up-adb-usb-drivers-for-android-devices/)

2. Open up command prompt (windows) or terminal (mac) and run
adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

(This will pull the apk to the directory your currently in in the command prompt)

2.5. Browse to the folder that framework-res.apk got extracted to and make a backup by copying framework-res.apk and then pasting it and giving the new copy the name framework-res.apk.original

3. I then use 7-Zip to extract frameowrk-res.apk. You can find 7-zip here
7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/)
(I prefer 7-zip because of its price, free, and its ease of use)

4. You can browse the extracted folder "framework-res.apk > res > drawable-hdpi" to find the icons and images used by the system

5. If you want to edit any of them (as in photoshop) you edit them from the STILL PACKED APK. Not the one we unzipped.

A. To edit them right click on the file framework-res.apk and choose 7-zip > open archive
B. Browse to res > drawable-hdpi and drag the images you want to edit to your desktop (or some other folder you want to edit them in)
C. Edit them with your image program.
D. Drag them back into the 7-zip window that you originally dragged them out of (if you closed this, just redo step 5A.)

6. If you didn't want to edit the images and just wanted to replace them from another rom you can

A. Follow step 5A
B. Follow step 5A but instead use the new roms framework-res.apk
C. You should now have 2 framework-res.apk open
D. Drag the images from the new rom's framework-res.apk to your frameowrk-res.apk

7. Close the 7-zip windows

8. Open up command prompt/terminal again and navigate to the directory you pulled framework-res.apk too

9. First Type in:
adb push framework-res.apk /sdcard/

10. Then Type In:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock4 /system

11. Then:
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/framework-res.apk of=/system/framework/framework-res.apk

12. Finally:
adb shell reboot

Now your done!

If I'm not mistaken, Ninjamorph does all that directly on your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

7Chris.Crash
02-07-2011, 11:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Ninjamorph does all that directly on your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

That's true but I find it nicer to be able to see what I am doing. Also, I have had NinjaMorph crash on me numerous times and be a bit unstable. Otherwise yes, NinjaMorph does the same thing.

Droid-Xer
02-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Use ninjamorph for status bar icons and other framework edits. Or sephtins's theme cooker is very nice. sephtin.com (http://www.sephtin.com)