PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all

Konceptz804
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey all, been reading and Im pretty confident about rooting and loading a custom rom to my droidx. Im looking for somebody who has used a good many of the roms to recommend what they think is the best in their opinion? I've had my eye on fission but wanted to get some input before I did anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Quicksilver7714
02-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you here.

I just posted my own thread asking for input on some roms.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scottpole
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Well the first thing you want to consider is what your looking for in a rom. Roms for the x usually are broken down to blurless and with blur. For blur roms I recommend blurry rubix it has all the blur elements that I myself like and also still quite fast. For a blurless rom I would say try rubix focused 1.9.7 or liberty 1.5. Im currently using liberty and I must say I enjoy the speed. Blurless roms will give you the best performance out of your x generally. Hope I could help. Any other info you need just ask. I've tried almost every rom available for the x

Uploaded from my Blurry X ~_~

smalltowngirl13
02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums...

Psychotic_Penguin has tested most all of the ROMs and put together this thread... http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-roms/16532-rom-review.html

Jump in, enjoy, ask questions as ya have them & participate when ya can!

Konceptz804
02-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Well the first thing you want to consider is what your looking for in a rom. Roms for the x usually are broken down to blurless and with blur. For blur roms I recommend blurry rubix it has all the blur elements that I myself like and also still quite fast. For a blurless rom I would say try rubix focused 1.9.7 or liberty 1.5. Im currently using liberty and I must say I enjoy the speed. Blurless roms will give you the best performance out of your x generally. Hope I could help. Any other info you need just ask. I've tried almost every rom available for the x

Scott,

Thanks for the info, thats pretty much what I was looking for. I do not use blur at all. I'm at work now but Im planning on devoting the rest of the evening to loading a rom on my droid. I will post back later.

Thanks again

scottpole
02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Im glad I could help! I definitly recommend liberty 1.5. It is the easiest to customize with. You can download and install themes and fonts straight from the toolbox that comes with the rom. Thats only the tip of the iceberg.