PDA

View Full Version : sound directory

PolarBear
02-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Greetings

Some time ago when I first got my dx I saw a thread that mentioned creating on the SD card the following directory structure

\sdcard\media\audio\alarms
\sdcard\media\audio\music
\sdcard\media\audio\notifications
\sdcard\media\audio\ringtones

Now I am posting because I've got a ringtone here: \sdcard\media\audio\ringtones\F-150.mp3
yet I can not associate it with a contact at all.

Does any of what I've described seem out of wack ? or just plain wrong ?

I've also wondered if I have a ringtone that I want to use as a notification do I need to have two copies (one in each folder) ?

Thanks

wicked
02-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Easiest way to be able to select any sound file as a ringtone is by installing an app like Zedge. Once installed you don't even need to use the app to select your tones. No need to put sound files in certain folders! :D You will get different choices in selecting ringtones and you will get a "Select Music" option and choose the file you want. Give it a try.

PolarBear
02-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Easiest way to be able to select any sound file as a ringtone is by installing an app like Zedge. Once installed you don't even need to use the app to select your tones. No need to put sound files in certain folders! :D You will get different choices in selecting ringtones and you will get a "Select Music" option and choose the file you want. Give it a try.

wicked I appreciate the suggestion however not knowing where to put the files in the first place won't help with any app. I have that one mp3 and I've downloaded both ringdroid and zedge. neither found the mp3 file.

LuciferRex
02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
To be sure I understand you, did you try setting it in the settings-->sound? If so, and it's not showing up, have you tried unmounting/mounting the sd card?