PDA

View Full Version : Green as Hell

bkolb69
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Hello Hacks. I am new to the android os (3 weeks) and have a ton of questions. I have a droid x and I rooted a couple of days ago (Z4) otherwise I couldn't figure it out. I am wifi tethering. That's why I rooted to begin with. Now that I have that accomplished I would like to explore other possibilities. First of all I can't seem to find a good all in one source for info like: What is RubiX? Liberty? Throttling? What different Roms can do and what's involved. I don't expect to be baby sitted, but can some one point me to a source that I might find answers to these kind of questions in my spare time?
Thanks,
Brian

maybish
02-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Hello welcome to this world of knowledge!!!! You came to the right place.

Rubix and liberty are different roms. I'm still trying to figure out he throttling thing! Haha

If you go into the hacking section there are tons of threads to go through!

But I'm sure someone will answer your questions better thank I can! I'm still a newbie! Hehe

sent from May's X

SVDroidDude
02-03-2011, 03:57 PM
This I do know. If you don't know what it is, don't try to do it ;) That goes for me too...so I'm not being an ass. I am rooted, use tethering once in a while and use a few "rooted only" apps but I am not comfortable loading up a new ROM because I can't afford to have something go wrong. Yes, I know you can go back to stock by using a backup and all that, but my phone is critical to me and and a multi hour down time trying to figure things out isn't something I can risk.

Being so new to Android, get to know your phone very well before you try anything advanced, and adding a custom ROM is advanced. Those that do it with no issues have a lot of experience in this OS. That being said, if you spend time to do the research you will become an expert with the help of these guys and gals here!

smalltowngirl13
02-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Hello and welcome!

Definitely checkout the Development area of the forum...there are specific sections for the ROMs (Rubix, Liberty, ApeX, etc) - each dev lists in the OP the info about the ROM and what to expect. If you do a search for throttling - you will find specific threads for it as well but be sure that you are installing / using one specific to the ROM you are using...I know each ROM thread is long, but if you read thru it - you will probably find most all of the add-ons in the thread...

Droid X Development (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-development/)
Droid X ROMs (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-roms/)