PDA

View Full Version : how do start creating a custom rom

skkennedy08
02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
i've been using roms a lot lately. i want to create my own. i know that it requires tons and tons of code, but i would like to know how do i go about creating it. can i get a template from someone elses rom to start out and give them credit in giving me a base? or do i have to start from scratch? if anyone has any helpful info please let me know.

EDIT: found out how to do some stuff, made little progress. i need a base rom. like the very basic stock rom. don't know where or how to get it. i need help, if anyone knows how to get it or wants to work on this with me. your more than welcome too.

EDIT(3/23/11): i have the files i need and they are deodexed. now i have to start editing the framework.res, creating a bootanimation, and maybe a toolbox app, or i'll save that for a later release. no time table on a beta/or RC, college is kicking my ass.

narsciso
05-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Im interested in making my own roms too. Where did you find your resources?

Can anyone else contribute to this?

FS36
05-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Try going to the android developer pages, they do have the source code for all the android os, also i'm sure if you ask some of the rom developers for their source code, they may help. But i'm not making any guarantees.

narsciso
05-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Try going to the android developer pages, they do have the source code for all the android os, also i'm sure if you ask some of the rom developers for their source code, they may help. But i'm not making any guarantees.

Thanks for your suggestion man. Ill go ahead and try that out!