PDA

View Full Version : Locked my dx

msu
02-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Ok, I did a rookie move, set mine, got busy at work and can not get back in. I've tried so many times. It just keeps telling me that I need to enter 30, 35, 40, 50 and now I'm at your password needs to be 65 charaters long?????? I guess I don't get it.
I for sure don't want to do a factory reset.

Oh and then it will give me 30 sec to try again. Now I'm up to 75 char. I never get the google log in, etc..

I did read and post in the DX faq on this. I'm also running liberty if that is any help.

1KDS
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
if battery pulls don't work and you can't get to the google log in page you will likely have to boot into recovery and factory reset, alternatively you could boot into clockwork and restore a recent backup (if you have one)

msu
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
It never gives me a "forgot your passcode or whatever" after five times, it just starts counting and says my pass code is longer?? someone just called me and somehow it let me answer, but as soon as i hung up, it locked again. I've already did a batt pull and no go.
what i really want to know is why it keeps telling me after I enter wrong code after 5 times "my passwords needs to be at least X amount of charaters"

1KDS
02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure, it maybe an issue with the passcode lock not working with liberty, if you're running a custom ROM you should be used to performing factory resets, just restore the way you normally do, or try to get to clockwork to restore a backup

msu
02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I'm just trying to avoid doing a restore. Unfortunatly I have not backed up since right after I got Liberty all set up. But, I do have restore points if i have to do it.

msu
02-01-2011, 08:10 PM
screw it, I'm just doing a restore.

1KDS
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah, you don't have many options at this point