PDA

View Full Version : Love my rooted phone. Any ideas how to convince my dad to finally root his

Deadlyturkey
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Not a question ON rooting. Rather suggestions to get my dad to finally root his droidx. I've showed him my x (liberty rom and adw launcher) yet he is still on the fence.

smalltowngirl13
02-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Is he having any particular trouble with stock or something maybe he doesn't like about stock? Some people just don't wanna root :) and that is fine...just be positive with him - it might take a bit longer to get him to the dark side...

jloya
02-01-2011, 04:54 PM
hmmm, does your dad really need a rooted phone, or why would a rooted phone benefit him more so than non rooted?

cynkrzy
02-01-2011, 05:01 PM
My only caution is this. If he has a problem after it's rooted, is he going to be able to deal with it ? Are you going to be available whenever he has a problem? I tell my friends how cool it is, why & what I can do, and point them here, so they can start reading, but I think it's something they should learn and do for themselves. I offer to answer all the questions they have and help if they need it, but ultimately it's their phone and their responsibility

devilsephiroth
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
It seemed to take forever to convince my boyfriend to root his droid 1, especially after I tried to do easy root and it failed, (program said rooted, but no super user). I believe I convinced him by explaining the advantages by rooting, and that everything can be restored, protected, and reset. Also you have to have an understanding about warranty. True this will void your warranty, but its only voided if verizon finds out, which they won't. Should anything happen that I can't recover my phone (which it won't) I lost my phone and I'll gladly pay the replacement fee of $ 90.00 . you might want to explain that this is time tested, and a community of root users that can help, and that you must always create a back up before trying anything.

Remember, rooting isn't dangerous, it's what you could do after, if you are not paying attention.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

CrAsH_OvErIdE
02-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Been rooted since I got this DX. I have yet to have any issues with anything, and I do everything on my phone. Pics, Video, Downloads, PDF, Games, etc...
I got Z4root, Milestone, and I am looking at Liberty really hard. When I get home in a few days I will check it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

t.crawford714
02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I showed my dad Apex with watermark'd along with the ADW launcher and green ADW theme, his exact words (but edited) were, "Holy s#$t son, I want my phone to look like that!" I told him I could do it and then he asked if I could use wireless tether for free internet because he was in Radio Shack with one of his co-workers and the guy actually did it for him. So I think I'm rooting my dad's phone :D