PDA

View Full Version : Porting number to a DX that is rooted and on APEX 1.3.1 made a bit of a mess

bobfa
01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
I have had the DX for almost 30 days it I decided I would keep it. I went to the store to port my ATT number over....... Well no txt message came through but the number was ported. Hurray!

Now the fun begins. *288 and they sent some sort of update file to the phone and it reboots into bootstrapper. I reboot and all my apps are gone. I am ever so bummed out. So Roll back to my last system backup and restore apps.... Oh but wait. I did not do a system backup for APEX... I do have TBPro in so what to do. Pick another ROM. Use APEX, which I like because of speed and simplicity. But should I go simpler, a different ROM and then restore my apps from TBPro.

Looking for some ideas and any guidance.

Bob

1KDS
01-31-2011, 06:24 PM
the factory reset that was performed shouldn't have taken apex away, just wiped data. You can just restore your apps with ti onto the fresh apex

bobfa
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
IT was very weird and not expected. Because I was not thinking. Looks like the market may not have remembered my last couple of purchases........ not sure yet.