PDA

View Full Version : Confused on update path from Rubix Blurry 1.6.3 to 1.8

Bleumunkie
01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
So I want to update to the Rubix Blurry 1.8. However I know you need the 2.3.340 OTA base, and I don't have that yet.

I've been trying to do research on what I need to do before applying this ROM, and I'm still confused.

- I know I can't just apply the OTA update.zip, as I don't have all the bloatware.

- I know there are multiple SBF's out there for different stages of bootloader etc.

So I'm hoping for some friendly help here, if the solution is easy and posted somewhere I apologize - I've already tried searching and making sense of it all myself like a responsible forum member, but at this point I'm not sure it would make sense to me unless it hits me while stapled to a 2x4.

here is all the info that I know I need to provide to you awesome guys here:

System Info page:

Bootloader screen:

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data CableAny other info needed please ask, I will reply ASAP.

Right now I'm thinking my safest path is to SBF with the 2.3.15 full SBF - and OTA update through 2.3.340 - Root, ROM.

But I know your only supposed to SBF as a last resort.... is there a different path that I'm not seeing?

Thank you in advance for anyone who is willing to give me some steps.... my brain feels fried right now - which is odd because I can usually figure this stuff out and make sense of it all.

Droid-Xer
01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Follow these directions http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html