PDA

View Full Version : Rooted Droid X ver 2.2.1 with UD 2.3.0

curtelgin
01-31-2011, 12:13 PM
I thought I followed all instructions, love to options with UD. I have "lost" ability to place or receive phone calls.

Try to load gmail from Market get error "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item."
Use Astro to view phone dir, it appears empty.

Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help me.

Tornlogic
01-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Have you gone to ud's irc channel on freenode.net and ask there. There is always someone there that can help you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tornlogic
01-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Its niven.freenode.net
#blackdroidmod

There are some 50 people there now.

You will need to have your nick registered with nickserv to enter that chanel tho.

curtelgin
01-31-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm not that computer literate, is there a place on this or other forum for help. I'd like to return to stock and start over.

Tornlogic
02-01-2011, 10:28 AM
You installed Ultimate Droid RC2? Didn't know there was a 2.3

Droid-Xer
02-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Was the version you installed specifically for the X? Was it a rom or did you just install a UD theme?

curtelgin
02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
It was specifically for the DroidX 2.3.340. Now my phone is Rooted Droid X ver 2.2.1 with UD 2.3.0.
I'd like to return to stock and start over but neither my nandroid backup nor my titanium backup will restore.
Bootstrap is 30.04. Do you require additional information? Thank you very much.

Droid-Xer
02-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Try reinstalling the rom. Boot into clockwork. If it doesnt automatically boot into clockwork try manually booting into it. Reboot and hold power and volume down button, at first screen (should me M screen) , release power and keep holding volume down and it should go to clockwork

Tornlogic
02-03-2011, 05:25 AM
I would install a different rom. Can you do that?
Besides, there is no UD2.3 for the dx, im wondering if you got a ROM for a different phone.

curtelgin
02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Was the version you installed specifically for the X? Was it a rom or did you just install a UD theme?

I finally found the page where I found UD for DroidX 2.3.340:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-roms/9044-droid-x-roms-here.html

psychotic_penguin
02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Bear in mind that UD is only a release candidate at this point, not a finished ROM.

In the meantime for a fully functional phone try flashing a ROM that's a finished product, an RC should only be run for testing purposes only.

curtelgin
02-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Bear in mind that UD is only a release candidate at this point, not a finished ROM.

In the meantime for a fully functional phone try flashing a ROM that's a finished product, an RC should only be run for testing purposes only.

Thank you VERY much for the help.
Do you know if the Blackslide theme can be used with other Roms? is it true that "any" theme can be used with other Roms?
If not, how do I know which are compatable with each Rom?

Love my DroidX (and Toyota)
Now 2.3.340 OTA
Rooted z4root
Clock 1100 (that's all she'll do)
Liberty Rom

John.Borgen
02-15-2011, 09:54 AM
No, you may not use any theme with any ROM. They are created (or ported) for the specific ROM they will be used with. Having said that the folks here are pretty good about getting theme's ported to specific ROM's. I've not used BlackSlide with Liberty (or GummyJar) so I don't know for sure if it's available of not. I just completed a quick search of the forums and it's not mentioned here. Sorry.

mikeinrichmond
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Thank you VERY much for the help.
Do you know if the Blackslide theme can be used with other Roms? is it true that "any" theme can be used with other Roms?
If not, how do I know which are compatable with each Rom?

Love my DroidX (and Toyota)
Now 2.3.340 OTA
Rooted z4root
Clock 1100 (that's all she'll do)
Liberty Rom

Try searching the forum for: wugport

Its a thread about this that Wug started. I'd give ya a link but at work ATM....