PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread arrives for the Droid X (not OTA)

Garemlin
01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
MyDroidWorld has gingerbread running on the X!! Shouldn't be too long until the release it for all to try.

Gingerbread for the DROID X Arrives, Reminds us of the DROID BIONIC - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/31/gingerbread-for-the-droid-x/)

mikeinrichmond
01-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Yes, I keep checking the TBH app just in case it shows up...:)

cynkrzy
01-31-2011, 01:24 PM
So ... when they do release it OTA will those of use who are running custom ROMS have to go back to MotoBlur and un-root our phones ahead of time ?

ToeJamm57
01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
So ... when they do release it OTA will those of use who are running custom ROMS have to go back to MotoBlur and un-root our phones ahead of time ?

Yes...

ohbroncofan
01-31-2011, 01:52 PM
When "IF" they release it OTA, will I lose all of my apps, home screen, set ups, etc. if I am "NOT" rooted? Thanks

mikeinrichmond
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
This is not an OTA update. This is a mod you'd install.

Getsome122
01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
IF they were to update us to Gingerbread the likelihood of you having to re-setup your home screens and such is a big possibility but I would think all your apps would get backed up and would still be there.

Will be watching this closely. Am very interested to see if they would update us or not. Though I personally wouldn't hold my breath

DX- rooted, deodexed, strapped, OC'd, and themed how I like it.

Garemlin
01-31-2011, 02:28 PM
If you run the custom Gingerbread ROM when it is released you will have to be rooted and bootstrapped. With that being said you should be using something to back up all of your apps anyway like TiPro or MyBackUp Pro.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App