PDA

View Full Version : Can't get video through to tv (but can get pictures)

crushlee
01-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey all, need some help, don't consider myself a newb when it comes to this A/V stuff, but can't figure this out for the life of me and can't find any threads covering the exact same issue. Got my DroidX this past Tuesday so maybe I'm missing something.

I go into Gallery like youtube instructions say and I can easily get my pictures to my tv's. I do notice that there is an extra step now compared to the youtube video - I have to click the little HDMI symbol in the top left corner for the picture to go to the tv versus it auto-detecting a HDMI cable and going straight into the "remote" mode to view slideshow or select next/previous photo. I then attempt to select a video I took with the DroidX and tap the HDMI symbol in top left corner and it goes to play it on the DroidX rather than my tv. I'm thinking either my tv's are not compatible or I have a incorrect setting selected. In the HDMI settings of the phone, I've attempted all options from Automatic to 480p to 720p and still, it plays on DroidX. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

FYI, my tv's are Panasonic TH-58PZ700U and TH-50PZ850U

bobniborg
01-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Should work... is it a video you recorded?

On a side shot, try downloading rockplayer and open the video with that. It shouldn't matter, but heck, if it works its worth a try.

dvdcatalyst
01-30-2011, 07:45 PM

On a side shot, try downloading rockplayer and open the video with that. It shouldn't matter, but heck, if it works its worth a try.

rockplayer will not output to TV, unless you use RealHDMI.

If the video plays in Gallery, it should work fine.

Try one of the trailers from the link in my sig, and when it plays, you just tap on the HDMI icon at the top-left to output it to TV.

crushlee
01-31-2011, 12:10 AM

Yes, video I recorded using the phone and I am using gallery to play.

dvdcatalyst
01-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Yes, video I recorded using the phone and I am using gallery to play.

Try one of my trailers (streaming or download a zip and extract the file and copy it over) and see if that works.

When Gallery is playing the video, it should display an HDMI icon, tap it and it will be played through the HDMI cable, its as simple as that.