PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

Count X
01-23-2011, 02:23 PM
i'm in the midst of trying to get my phone back to stock via mederstcok.340.
i've already flashed the zip. I went to z4 root to re-root, the phone started to re-boot, but now is stuck on the red eye for 10-15 minutes.

what should i do?

mikeinrichmond
01-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Give it a few more minutes, then pull the battery. Hold the home button and power button down to boot into recovery mode. Clear data and cache, and reboot.

Abe21599
01-23-2011, 02:33 PM
in more detail to what mike said
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/14548-bootloop-after-flashing-sbf-file.html

Count X
01-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Ok so I pulled the battery, the home power button just gave me a screen with the little android guy and the exclamation inside the triangle. I pulled it again and just pressed the power button it came back on but i still dont have root. Should i try rooting again with z4 or should i re install z4 and then try?

Abe21599
01-23-2011, 02:42 PM
go back to that screen by holding home, press the search key to get into recovery, and wipe data/cache

reinstall z4, then try to root.

mikeinrichmond
01-23-2011, 02:48 PM
...with the little android guy and the exclamation inside the triangle....

Sorry, I assumed you knew how to get into recovery mode. Hit the search (magnifying glass) button to select it, then use the vol up/down buttons to scroll to wipe data, then hit the camera button. Same for cache...

Count X
01-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Ok so i have root now. I just tried z4 again and it worked. Wondering if I still need to wipe/data cache. Or was that just to help me get z4 going again?

Abe21599
01-23-2011, 03:14 PM
if it worked dont bother wiping

mikeinrichmond
01-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok so i have root now...

Congrats! Now is the time to use Bootstrap and make a backup.

Count X
01-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok. Thank you both very much.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

mikeinrichmond
01-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok. Thank you both very much.

Welcome, now go outside and enjoy that Florida weather, 'cause it's 35 here in Richmond...brrr...

Count X
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Now I have a different issue. I flashed liberty. I have none of my apps. Also I followed instructions for installing themes or add ons, and when I got gui the point of selecting TheamaName.zip out wasn't there.
Am I missing something?

Count X
01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Welcome, now go outside and enjoy that Florida weather, 'cause it's 35 here in Richmond...brrr...

Hahaha... We got a high of 50 today. That's not a florida boys idea of " florida weather"... Brrrrr...right back acha

mikeinrichmond
01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Now I have a different issue. I flashed liberty. I have none of my apps. Also I followed instructions for installing themes or add ons, and when I got gui the point of selecting TheamaName.zip out wasn't there.
Am I missing something?

Didn't I just tell you to go outside? lol...

If you didn't make a backup of your apps through Titanium Backup, you have to let the market re-download them for you..

After that, you click on a theme in Liberty Toolbox/Mods/Install Themes, it has to download it and will install it automatically for you. If it doesn't work then the d/l didn't work properly. Use Astro or Root explorer to go to SDcard/Liberty/downloads and delete the partially downloaded file, then try again in the toolbox.

And you have used Bootstrap to already make a backup before doing all this right?? Just sayin'...

Count X
01-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Didn't I just tell you to go outside? lol...

If you didn't make a backup of your apps through Titanium Backup, you have to let the market re-download them for you..

After that, you click on a theme in Liberty Toolbox/Mods/Install Themes, it has to download it and will install it automatically for you. If it doesn't work then the d/l didn't work properly. Use Astro or Root explorer to go to SDcard/Liberty/downloads and delete the partially downloaded file, then try again in the toolbox.

And you have used Bootstrap to already make a backup before doing all this right?? Just sayin'...

Where is the tool box?
I did back up with titanium and I made a bootstrap back up.

mikeinrichmond
01-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Where is the tool box?
I did back up with titanium and I made a bootstrap back up.

Liberty toolbox will be in the App drawer. Make sure it is ver 1.0.3. If not update it in the Market.

Count X
01-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Liberty tool box was not in the app drawer. I downloaded it f from the market.

Now I'm wondering of I should flash it over again, seeing how I'm missing things that should have been there