PDA

View Full Version : WugFresh Goodies Repository

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Hello, I have some files and apps I would like to start sharing, most of the things I plan on posting here will be Windows related however some of it will be for the DroidX. In addition, I would like to use this as an outlet for recommending/discussing various software. This post will constantly be updated with different stuff.

To start off, here is a custom version of FireFox I put together, it has all my favorite add-on's, optimized for speed and is crafted to look and feel like Google Chrome. This is for windows only. If you already have FireFox installed on your machine, you have to completely uninstall it first, which means all settings and preferences have to be removed during the uninstallation. You can download the add-on FEBE backup to save your bookmarks and settings first and then restore them afterwards. Hope you like it, please provide feedback.

WugFox.exe (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=625F9BJV)

More to come!

:)

{{ WugFresh }}

skennelly
01-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Great idea Wug. I can't wait to dl firefox when I get home tonight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

beachy
01-21-2011, 08:32 AM
i will have to check out this firefox, i use it sometimes but usually chrome is what i use... but i will give yours a shot !

xrazedx
01-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Yea, good idea for those out there that use windows.

Swyped n sent from my X

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 09:42 AM
I think you guys will like my FireFox build a lot, its jammed packed full of features but the overall design is very simple and looks alot like chrome. I was able to incorporate a lot of the features that are only in the firefox beta, like permanent tabs and such. I did so many things to it that it would be really hard to even begin listing all the features; you guys are just gonna have to play around with it. :)

Glad you guys like this idea, I plan on posting up a bunch of portable software next, that you can run with no installation from a flashdrive.

I also have a lot of knowledge on building a custom windows installation disc, so you can gut out the bloat and just get the goodness.

There's some portable software I can't post that I would really like to. Maybe I can just explain how I did it. Like how I built portable Office 2010 from the beta release. That was a free release anyway, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be ok for me to distribute it.

Regardless, stay tune for more updates. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

xrazedx
01-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I may load up the vm and run windows xp to test it out. I, also, compile, tweak and customize my programs from source, so i know how wug must feel.
Lol, good feeling huh

Swyped n sent from my X

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 09:58 AM
For sure :)

Let me know how like it.

I also spend a lot of time making all my software installations unattended. I'm working on a project to boil down reformatting computers to just two discs, ones a custom windows disc and the other one auto installs and configures all the software I recommend. I'm almost done with it.. but also something I can't distribute.. damn these laws..lol.

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the csv file for Clipper!

Sent from my Droid X...

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Your welcome, figured I would save you all some typing. When you add to it, maybe you can post yours. :)

It would be sweet to have a really good one to all the best resources for quick access.

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-21-2011, 10:18 AM
That's an awesome idea Wug!

Sent from my Droid X...

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 11:11 AM
:)
Anyone try out that FireFox yet? Likes/dislikes ?

{{ WugFresh }}

beachy
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
WugFresh i don't want you to get a big head...bahaah :) but this firefox is sweet ! i am a hardcore chrome fan, and i have only touched the surface on your firefox but i think its going to be my new default browser. I cant wait to see what all else you have for us !!

and i would love to see this portable office ! !

beachy
01-21-2011, 11:36 AM
i dont know what you have done but just from the 15 min i have been using it i can tell its faster than chrome and much smoother... gosh crazy !

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice! Glad you like it. I will try and keep my head small lol. Some nice little features to check out;
Fourth button in from the upper right "links". When its enabled, any link you right click will open in a new tab in the background, or you can use shift click to get normal right click menu back.
On the bottom left you can make iconized bookmarks with the little star icon. I usually put spaces in between them or else it gets a little cramped, just right click the left side bar and choose customize.
I customized the menu button in the upper left, to streamline easy access to the most used features.
And a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
i dont know what you have done but just from the 15 min i have been using it i can tell its faster than chrome and much smoother... gosh crazy !

:) I'm glad I shared WugFox then. Lol. To make it even faster, go into addons, (the puzzle piece on the left bar) and click on fasterfox, options, and then go to pipeline, and enable pipelining and max it out to 8. Enjoy.

Feel free to share it with anyone. Make chrome users jealous. Lol.

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Your welcome, figured I would save you all some typing. When you add to it, maybe you can post yours. :)

It would be sweet to have a really good one to all the best resources for quick access.

{{ WugFresh }}

I just finally got your csv file loaded into my phone...I love the @stg snippet where ya explain clipper to me! haha...

Now, I haven't downloaded the Firefox yet - can someone post some screenshots - I am just curious...I am a DolphinHD or mini user and just wanna see some comparison before I install...

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Lol. Whoops I forgot to delete that one.

The FireFox is for windows, not for android.

I rock dolphin mini too :)

{{ WugFresh }}

rjizle4shizl
01-21-2011, 12:44 PM
I downloaded and installed the WugFox. It took a little bit of time for me to get my settings just right, but, it seems like it'll be awesome. Thanks!

smalltowngirl13
01-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Lol. Whoops I forgot to delete that one.

The FireFox is for windows, not for android.

I rock dolphin mini too :)

{{ WugFresh }}

LOL...duh!! Yea, I looked thru all the others to make sure there was nothing incriminating :)...haha

beachy
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
pipeline is already maxed out to 8, and i will share it, I am going to Purdue this weekend to hang with some buddies and there all fire fox guys so i will show em the WugFox !

rjizle4shizl
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Is there a way to 'theme' the FireFox to something other than 'chrome' without losing all your tweaks?

beachy
01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
i am not sure if you asking the same question i am, but whats the best way to transfer bookmarks and saved passwords to fire fox ?

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Is there a way to 'theme' the FireFox to something other than 'chrome' without losing all your tweaks?

Yeah, in addons disable Chromifox companion and restart, I don't know how good it's gonna look though and you may still see which buttons icons I made.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 01:11 PM
LOL...duh!! Yea, I looked thru all the others to make sure there was nothing incriminating :)...haha

Few... !! No dirty texts from Wednesday night I hope, lol.

{{ WugFresh }}

smalltowngirl13
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Few... !! No dirty texts from Wednesday night I hope, lol.

{{ WugFresh }}

Well...there was this one & I am just gonna say WOW...LOL...did I make ya look... ;)...

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 01:17 PM
i am not sure if you asking the same question i am, but whats the best way to transfer bookmarks and saved passwords to fire fox ?

I included the import feature in the menu, under file, "import"... but I only think it works for ie. I'll think of something...

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Well...there was this one & I am just gonna say WOW...LOL...did I make ya look... ;)...

Uh oh..

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah, in addons disable Chromifox companion and restart, I don't know how good it's gonna look though and you may still see which buttons icons I made.

{{ WugFresh }}

Oh wait.. I lied. That's not how I did it.. one sec.

Ok. Click the puzzle piece and then click the themes button at themes button, you will see Chromifox basic, Chomifox extreme and Default. You can download any other theme you want.

I included Chromifox basic for users with xp, it just ran better. But for users with anything higher than xp, leave it on Chomifox extreme if you want the chrome look.

{{ WugFresh }}

beachy
01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Hagar. OK you have 1 second

sent from my liberated x using tapatalk pro

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 01:32 PM
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Importing%20bookmarks%20from%20Google%20Chrome

To get to bookmarks manager in WugFox go to menu, bookmarks

I don't think you can do passwords.

Lol. Did I do it in time.

{{ WugFresh }}

cruckus
01-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Wug yousa beast son!

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Lol... did you try my WugFox or is that just a general statement?

{{ WugFresh }}

beachy
01-21-2011, 01:51 PM
OK sweet thanks again

sent from my liberated x using tapatalk pro

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 02:23 PM
No problem.

Anybody else test it?

{{ WugFresh }}

xrazedx
01-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I will later tonight when I get home. Did you name it wugfox? Lol

Swyped n sent from my X

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Lol.. I guess so. The name came to me when I was uploading it. So yea, it the new official name.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Bump. Try my WugFox :)

{{ WugFresh }}

ARHicken
01-21-2011, 06:19 PM
I just tried the firefox it actually runs very well, way faster then stock

thanks

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Yay. Your welcome.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-21-2011, 06:32 PM
I want to start up some software reccomedations discussions..

What are some of your must have windows apps, are they free or paid for?

{{ WugFresh }}

mikeinrichmond
01-21-2011, 06:40 PM
I want to start up some software reccomedations discussions..
What are some of your must have windows apps, are they free or paid for?
{{ WugFresh }}

Can't wait until DD sees this, should be a lively discussion..LOL..

If I had to pick favorites, I'd say Gimp, Dropbox, and Winamp -'cause it really whips the llama's *ss..:) Plus, in the latest ver. it allow wireless sync to Winamp on Android.. WTF!

rjizle4shizl
01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Wug,

I am having an issue with the WugFox. Whenever I click on a link to open a PDF document in the browser, I get the error "FoxitReaderOCX.ocx failed to load." What could be causing this? And how do I fix it? I need to view to docs in the browser in order to be able to download them and save them to my comp. They are documents for an online class that I am taking.

Please help.

Thanks.

RW

xrazedx
01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Wug,

I am having an issue with the WugFox. Whenever I click on a link to open a PDF document in the browser, I get the error "FoxitReaderOCX.ocx failed to load." What could be causing this? And how do I fix it? I need to view to docs in the browser in order to be able to download them and save them to my comp. They are documents for an online class that I am taking.

Please help.

Thanks.

RW

Until wug comes through and helps you, I suggest you use another browser to download your files. I know it may seem obvious but from your post it appeared as if you needed to download them now.

WugFresh
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Oh whoops, sorry. I can release a new version if you want. If you download and install the free program "Foxit Reader" then it will work. This was under the assumption that people use Foxit Reader for viewing PDF's (sorry for making assumptions), so I incorporated the add-on for it as the default PDF file handler. If you want I can release one that uses Adobe Reader, or maybe I should just remove all PDF pluggins and let the user decide. I should have foreseen this problem. Sorry.

Just so you all know these are all the pluggins I incorporated:
Media Player
Quicktime Alternative
Real Player Alternative
Foxit Reader
Office 2007/2010
Macromedia Authorware
Flash Player
Shockwave Player
Silverlight

Let me know what you would like me to do. :)

If you click the puzzle piece on the left bar, and then click the lego button, that will show you all your addons, you can then uninstall Foxit reader. And then you can install any plugin you want.

Or I can just release a new version with it removed, or with Adobe reader incorporated. You decide.

I also just realized I left the add-on in for digitalpersona which is for finger print scanners, if you don't have one then you can remove it.

Anything else you guys think I should remove or add. Any addons that you would like to see worked in?

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Can't wait until DD sees this, should be a lively discussion..LOL..

If I had to pick favorites, I'd say Gimp, Dropbox, and Winamp -'cause it really whips the llama's *ss..:) Plus, in the latest ver. it allow wireless sync to Winamp on Android.. WTF!

That's pretty sweet. Here are some of my favorite/must have free apps:
Gizmo Drive
FileMenu Tools
Notepad++
Search Everything
TeraCopy
GOM Player or VLC Player
CCleaner
Stickies
Startup Delayer

Here are some paid apps I love:
Snaggit
Dragon Dictation
Office 2010 proplus
WinRAR
Solidworks
Matlab
Mathmatica
Maple
AutoCAD
Graphite Vellum
VMware
Sandboxie

Here are a few tweak apps and developer tools I've used:
UWT
RT 7 LITE
nLite
Almeza Multiset
Orca
InstallShield
Autoit
AppDeploy Repackager
HashCheck
Universal Silent Switch Finder

And many more... :p

{{ WugFresh }}

rjizle4shizl
01-26-2011, 02:44 PM
I will download Foxit Reader and give it a try. Thanks.

WugFresh
01-26-2011, 06:09 PM
No problem, but like I said, you certainly don't have to use Foxit Reader if you don't want to, you can uninstall the pluggin and use any PDF viewer you want.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Anyone have comments or questions about WugFox, or ways I could improve it, any addon suggestions.. ect?

Also does anyone use any of the software I use or have questions about it?

What are your favorite windows apps?

{{ WugFresh }}

beachy
01-26-2011, 07:48 PM
well i got a question, i am looking for a program that will spot large random files on a computer. I am currently re orginizing my laptop as i noticed i was only 50gigs away of filling my 500gb hard drive. so i bought a 1T external and dumped a bunch of stuff i dont use every day over too it.... but i saw a program on a forum that shows large files my having a screen with large and smaller boxes inside.... the bigger boxes being large hidden files.... i thought this would be awesome to do a quick search to make sure i have found everything.... but the program was only for like 98 to xp.. and i have 7

so i am on a search for a large file finder.... although i think i have my pc cleaned up, it would not hurt :)

beachy
01-26-2011, 07:50 PM
io and one of my fav windows app is probably win-rar i think i use it at-least 20 times a day..lol

Carpetman
01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
I've tried to download and ran winzip but can't find wugfox files or icon to open it.

WugFresh
01-26-2011, 09:04 PM
There should just be one exe file in the zip. Try re-downloading.

{{ WugFresh }}

scott021467
02-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Hello Wug
When I click the "http://db.tt/QY5gj5v" link it states:

"We do not have any revision history for this file" Can you advise me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks from a big fan of your work.

WugFresh
02-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Sorry, not your fault at all. I accidentally deleted it from my dropbox, thank you for bringing it to my attention. Uploading to filedropper now. Will post the new link the seccond its up.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Ok Scott. Its uploaded. There's a new link now.

{{ WugFresh }}

scott021467
02-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Thank you Wug.

chaz03
03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Hey Wug, I've tried opening the link on the OP and it just takes me to www.filedropper.com (http://www.filedropper.com) no wugfox for me :cry:

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Filedropper must have removed it from the servers because it was an inactive file. One sec.

{{ WugFresh }}

chaz03
03-08-2011, 11:11 AM
cooooo

WugFresh
03-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Ok. Updated OP. I updated it a little so all the addons were up to date and removed the foxit reader pdf pluggin, so you can use any pdf reader you want. Enjoy the latest WugFox!

{{ WugFresh }}

ScooterCat
03-09-2011, 09:42 AM
well i got a question, i am looking for a program that will spot large random files on a computer. I am currently re orginizing my laptop as i noticed i was only 50gigs away of filling my 500gb hard drive. so i bought a 1T external and dumped a bunch of stuff i dont use every day over too it.... but i saw a program on a forum that shows large files my having a screen with large and smaller boxes inside.... the bigger boxes being large hidden files.... i thought this would be awesome to do a quick search to make sure i have found everything.... but the program was only for like 98 to xp.. and i have 7

so i am on a search for a large file finder.... although i think i have my pc cleaned up, it would not hurt :)
Tree Size (Free, Personal or Pro depending on your needs) from Welcome to JAM Software (http://www.jam-software.com)

JNEHAMA
03-10-2011, 01:04 AM
@wugfresh

I just came across this thread earlier today while I was browsing. I downloaded your wugfox and have been using it for the past few hours. I am a recent convert to chrome but I'm falling in love with this browser. Thanks for making it available. I've noticed as I've read the forums these past few weeks that you are always generous with your time, patient with your explanations and very helpful with your computer skills. So thank you for everything I've learned as well as files that I have downloaded.

lynneddington
03-10-2011, 01:31 AM
@wugfresh

I just came across this thread earlier today while I was browsing. I downloaded your wugfox and have been using it for the past few hours. I am a recent convert to chrome but I'm falling in love with this browser. Thanks for making it available. I've noticed as I've read the forums these past few weeks that you are always generous with your time, patient with your explanations and very helpful with your computer skills. So thank you for everything I've learned as well as files that I have downloaded.

I second that!

WugFresh
03-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Thank you for the positive feedback and kind words, I'm glad you like it! Enjoy.

{{ WugFresh }}

Gorgarath
03-11-2011, 04:25 PM
So... Does WugFox work as a portable app? (al a portableapps.com not U3 *shudder*)

WugFresh
03-11-2011, 08:19 PM
No, but I could easily do that. Thanks for the idea!

{{ WugFresh }}

Gorgarath
03-13-2011, 10:42 PM
No, but I could easily do that. Thanks for the idea!

{{ WugFresh }}
I'm surprised you hadn't already since you even mentioned about portable apps... :lol:

rjizle4shizl
03-24-2011, 12:17 AM
What are the chances you will tweak Firefox 4 the same way you did with Wugfox? Say maybe a Wugfox 4?

WugFresh
03-24-2011, 07:18 AM
What are the chances you will tweak Firefox 4 the same way you did with Wugfox? Say maybe a Wugfox 4?

Working on it ;) I like firefox 4 alot.... almost better than I like WugFox, therefore a new release needs to be made...

{{ WugFresh }}

rjizle4shizl
03-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Working on it ;) I like firefox 4 alot.... almost better than I like WugFox, therefore a new release needs to be made...

{{ WugFresh }}

Awesome. Please keep us up to date. THANKS!

WugFresh
03-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Do you guys think WugFox 4 should still be chrome themed or should I work of the new firefox4 interface? Just curious on your opinions. What do you like about WugFox now that you would like to say in the new one? Or do you want it nearly identical? Obviously I am gonna put my own spin on it, but I figured getting some feedback couldn't hurt.

{{ WugFresh }}

Gorgarath
03-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I want it to be able to give me the winning lottery numbers... :crazy:
Something like put about:lotto in the address bar and have it give me today's winning numbers... :big smile:
But only me, no one else...:angry:

:lol:

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Ok.. just write me the prediction algorithm.. then no problem!

{{ WugFresh }}

rjizle4shizl
03-26-2011, 02:16 PM
I would prefer the same mods as the original wugfox but a darker theme. I don't really like the bluish look of g chrome. But that's just me.

I found a dark skin add on that I've been using. It has the black Firefox logo on the right side. So that's always an option.

WugFresh
03-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Cool.. want to link the theme.. so I can check it out. Have you seen the latest firefox interface? It's pretty slick as is...

{{ WugFreseh }}

rjizle4shizl
03-27-2011, 08:58 AM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/grey-firefox/

That is Firefox grey. I also like Animated Firefox 3.0 if the logo didn't spin constantly.

Thanks again Wug!