PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tooth / Car/ Droid X Help

treyinga
01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey all,

I have searched the sites and found some information on this, but was hoping someone could confirm.

I have just bought a new Prius and did not pay for that expensive navigation when I have my awesome Droid X. It does, however, have the blue tooth. Can I listen to the MP3'f from my droid x via the blue tooth? Or would I be better to simply plug in the auxilary cord each time to listen to mp3's? Advantages/Disadvantages? This will help me decide whether to look into car docks or mounts.

I use to know some technology, but blue tooth I am learning.

Thanks in advance!

ricepuddin
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
That info can be found in your user manual, but more than likely.

I use bluetooth to stream from my gfs ipod touch and it sounds good. Does kinda kill battery, but thats what chargers are for

Sent from my Droid X using telepathy

noXcuse
01-17-2011, 12:34 PM
You can pair it via Bluetooth. Then you wouldn't need to buy the cord. Same quality, just wireless. With BT, your navigation directions will come through your speakers, and so will calls. With the 3.5mm cord, I'm pretty sure it switches to the phone's speaker for phone calls.

treyinga
01-17-2011, 01:21 PM
I paired my phone and I can now use the phone fine. Setting up contacts in my car. I cannot figure out how to hear the music? Do I turn the radio off? I tried the aux button, but because there is no disc and no cord it will not work, so I do not know how to play the music through the blue tooth. Is it possible Toyota does not allow this?

noXcuse
01-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Is bluetooth volume turned up on the phone? While paired, and streaming music, use the volume rocker on the side of the phone. Try that.

treyinga
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
what setting should my radio be on..should it be off?

noXcuse
01-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I think you're gonna have to refer to your Toyota manual. I don't think your problems have anything to do with the phone. I Google'd it, and there's lots of topics on the Prius Bluetooth. And I'm sure, just like any other radio, it has to be turned on, and in Bluetooth mode.