PDA

View Full Version : Rooted DX and macbook question

Rudepoo
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
I just rooted my DX and got as far as making a backup and since then, I don't seem to be be able to get anywhere. How do I get rid of stock apps I don't use, and get past a bootloop when installing new roms? I don't have a pc either, I have a macbook, but so far I've not used it to customize my DX. ANY INPUT WOULD HELP PLEASE

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

gravybird
01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
The best way to get rid of stock apps Is to freeze them using titanium backup, that way you can just thaw them when its time to receive an ota update. As for a backup, check out droid-xer's signature, he has a guide to using bootstrap. Also the rooolers guide is really helpful. There are plenty of people around here that only have macs too, I'm one of them. The only thing we would need a windows computer for would to sbf if we really mess up our phone.

Swyped while swerving

mikeinrichmond
01-13-2011, 05:34 AM
Here's the links Gravy was talking about, see the first 2 parts of my sig line. TYhe third is how to get completely back to stock if you can get to the green clockwork recovery screen, so no SBF needed. Of course thank the OP's..

gravybird
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM
ya, its a little cumbersome to post links via DXForums app. thank you:)

1KDS
01-13-2011, 09:09 PM
As far as getting out of bootloops, pull the battery hold power and home as it boots, hit the search key when the droid in the triangle appears, navigate to wipe data and wipe cache. If you wipe data and cache prior to loading the ROM this shouldn't happen