PDA

View Full Version : Verizon officially announces the iPhone 4

Garemlin
01-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes the iPhone 4 (http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/verizon-iphone-forum-51/) cometh.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/img/verizon-iphone-4-large.png (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp)

BASKING RIDGE, N.J. & CUPERTINO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Verizon Wireless and Apple« today announced that the iPhone« 4 will be available on the Verizon Wireless network beginning on Thursday, February 10. Qualified Verizon Wireless customers will be given the exclusive opportunity to pre-order iPhone 4 online on February 3, ahead of general availability.

“We are pleased to introduce millions of wireless users to the industry leading iPhone 4 on the nation’s most reliable network”
iPhone 4 is the most innovative phone in the world, featuring Apple’s stunning Retina™ display, the highest resolution display ever built into a phone resulting in super crisp text, images and video, and FaceTime«, which makes video calling a reality. iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless will also include new Personal Hotspot capabilities allowing customers to use iPhone 4 to connect up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices.

“We are pleased to introduce millions of wireless users to the industry leading iPhone 4 on the nation’s most reliable network,” said Lowell McAdam, president and chief operating officer of Verizon. “This is an important step for the industry as two great companies join forces to give wireless customers one of the most important technological additions to the mobile landscape this century.”

“Verizon Wireless customers have told us they can’t wait to get their hands on iPhone 4, and we think they are going to love it,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s chief operating officer. “We have enormous respect for the company Verizon has built and the loyalty they have earned from their customers.”

iPhone 4 features a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, HD video recording, Apple’s A4 chip, a 3-axis gyro and a beautiful glass and stainless steel design like no other mobile phone. iPhone 4 also comes with iOS 4, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, which includes multitasking, folders, Game Center, AirPlay« and AirPrint wireless printing. iPhone 4 customers have access to the world’s most popular App Store℠ with more than 300,000 apps available in an incredible range of 20 categories, including games, business, news, sports, health and reference.

Pricing & Availability

iPhone 4 will be available on the Verizon Wireless network beginning Thursday, February 10 for a suggested retail price of $199.99 for the 16GB model and $299.99 for the 32GB model with a new two year customer agreement. iPhone 4 will be available at more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores nationwide, online at www.verizonwireless.com/iphone (http://www.verizonwireless.com/iphone), at Apple Retail Stores, at the Apple Store« (Apple (http://www.apple.com)), at Apple Authorized Resellers, and by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN.

Verizon Wireless iPhone (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp) & iPhoneForums.net (HTTP://WWW.IPHONEFORUMS.NET)

dxlvr
01-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Am I the only person that doesn't get the idea of Verizon aquiring the iphone?:confused: I get that Verizon has a much better network and android is supreme so why would they not just dump the iphone and get a droid? Does it just come down to shear profits and numbers? Is it the thrill of taking customers away from AT&T? Maybe I am missing something.

maybish
01-11-2011, 11:09 AM
You know....I don't get it either! Iphone is an exclusive apple product. Bit then again..You can get an ipod at wamart and targettarget

sent from May's DROID

smalltowngirl13
01-11-2011, 11:13 AM
My opinion is that Apple is trying to find a way to regain some market share & by allowing the iPhone on VZW's network, I think they are hoping it will help. Either way it is choice and healthy competition...if you are loyal to Android, you will stay with that and if you want an iPhone on a network that is reliable, you will come to VZW...it is a win / win for both companies...

Roooler
01-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I am an Apple fan i think they build great computers and other devices.. However i don't really like IOS on the Iphone.. I Love android and how it operates but i wish (This is IMO) Moto and other manufactures would take note and build a device as Sexy as the Iphone..

Flame on! :devil:

Edit* Posted this from my Mackbook Pro :lol1:

mkoop
01-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I too am an apple fan, I have a macbook pro and this is what lead me to get an iPhone originally.

I'm pretty sure they realize the vast customer dissatisfaction with AT&T and know that there are people chomping at the bit to switch providers. I was an iphone 4 user and transfered to Verizon and got a droid x (glad I did because I like it far more than the iphone - except for the camera and a few other small features, but you can't have everything... yet). I was so frustrated with AT&T's service as of late I switched. Not to mention verizon offers a 15% off my bill each month for being a veteran, a service that AT&T did not provide.

After AT&T essentially having a cellular monopoly on the iphone I'm sure there is a considerable market for users who wish to switch over to VZW.

Just my .02 but I guarantee you that VZW would NOT be getting the iphone 4 if market research suggested anything other than very good outcome.

P.S. I had been with AT&T for 7 years prior to switching and saw there customer service go from top notch to absolute garbage. (imo)

Reir
01-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Having been on Verizon for almost 10 years, I'm not actually sure how 'bad' AT&T is. How many people do you think will actually be willing to buy a whole new iPhone just to switch carriers?

armyjeffries
01-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I REALLY wanted an iphone for a long time, but finally got tired of waiting (and wouldn't give up my trusty vzw service.) Now, I am a loyal android follower, and really don't care that iphone is coming. I will stick with droid. Can't wait to see the androids that are out a year and a half from now!!!

admiralcrunch
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
i too was on att's network for over 6 years. had an iphone 3g (3g came out over a year after att had 3g service, can you say LTE?). i switched from iphone to pre plus thinking perhaps i would enjoy it more. after many phones, i just go tired of att's service deteriorating consistently. vzw and the droidx have been great for me (YMMV). with LTE coming to my area soon, i will probably upgrade or add a line just to get that new-ish phone. i hate the experience of writing s/w for the iphoe, so that is even less of a draw for me. my next phone will probably be an LTE wp7 device if that happens this year, or an android LTE device. since this vzPhone is only 3g, there is absolutely no draw for me to get back to iOS. the only things on this vzPhone are sanctioned tethering and an improved (really just CDMA-required changes) antenna design.

Roooler
01-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I REALLY wanted an iphone for a long time, but finally got tired of waiting (and wouldn't give up my trusty vzw service.) Now, I am a loyal android follower, and really don't care that iphone is coming. I will stick with droid. Can't wait to see the androids that are out a year and a half from now!!!

I too am excited for the phones to come out next year.. I am eligible for an upgrade January of 2012 While i can say i am a loyal "Android" user, i think i would choose whatever phone is the nicest, and has the best hardware and so forth.. I do love android, but when it comes down to it i would choose the nicest hardware and "best" phone.

How do i know what is the best phone when my time comes?

Personal Preference :)

WugFresh
01-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I agree with you entirely Rooler. Apples hardware is on another level.

{{ WugFresh }}

joeyjackpot
01-11-2011, 11:33 AM
more here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/15958-actually-happened-3.html

Roooler
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree with you entirely Roooler. Apples hardware is on another level.

{{ WugFresh }}

If the Iphone 4 had the same size of screen of my X i would seriously consider trying to get my hands on one.. Apple does make great hardware, even tho their antenna design was flawed on at&t network.

WugFresh
01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I don't predict them making an oversight like that again.. lol, whoops it doesn't work when you hold it.. are bad.

{{ WugFresh }}

Getsome122
01-11-2011, 11:37 AM
I waited and waited for the iPhone...... then i got the chance to play with my buddy's DX a month or so ago..... And well ya see where I am now.... lol.. Not a chance I was leaving Verizon for AT&T esp since their coverage in my area is horrible.

Am glad my BB took a dump before the iPhone got introduced with Verizon... Couldnt be happier now that I have my DX and have it modded to my liking..

psychotic_penguin
01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Let the games begin.

Swyped from my X

albokay
01-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm glad iPhone is coming as i hope it forces companies to step it up even more with android to win over people.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DebianDog
01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Honestly if the iPhone was available 6 months ago on Verizon I would have never got a Droid.

Beamed from my DroidX

gravybird
01-11-2011, 12:04 PM
I am also a huge mac fanMAN:-) that's all I have for computers! Was also waiting for the iphone on verizon, but after getting this X, I wouldn't take a free iphone today! Now in 10 months when im able to upgrade, who knows?

Swyped while swerving

xrazedx
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Well it finally happened. I wonder how many people will leave at&t in the first month. I could care less about the iphone though. I am and will continue to be an android user.

Swyped n sent from my X

danDroid
01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I personally think Apple is going to have a hard time matching Droid sales esp the next generation of android phones coming out like the Droid Bionic. However, for those interested in the Verizon iPhone (http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/verizon-iphone-forum-51/), be sure to visit iPhoneForums.net (http://www.iphoneforums.net)!

trenton
01-11-2011, 03:18 PM
I am an Apple fan i think they build great computers and other devices.. However i don't really like IOS on the Iphone.. I Love android and how it operates but i wish (This is IMO) Moto and other manufactures would take note and build a device as Sexy as the Iphone..

I think the droid x's design is just as if not even more sexy than iphone.

joeyjackpot
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I think the corners are manlier and the real estate is better used. the iphone looks like a pill to me. i feel like it should come with a menstrual calendar app lol.

happydroid
01-11-2011, 03:27 PM
If it wasn't for VZW's 4G LTE line up, I probably would of got an Iphone 4 when it's available. But why spend 2 bills on a 3G phone when the dual core Android monsters are coming? What just to look cool?

SingingSabre
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Am I the only person that doesn't get the idea of Verizon aquiring the iphone?:confused: I get that Verizon has a much better network and android is supreme so why would they not just dump the iphone and get a droid? Does it just come down to shear profits and numbers? Is it the thrill of taking customers away from AT&T? Maybe I am missing something.

It increases Verizon's and Apple's profits, gets more people on the network, and thus makes it possible and feasible for Verizon to strengthen it's network even more.

People like the iPhone. It's a gorgeous phone which does what it does very well. People don't have to choose between a number of different models and many people already know how to navigate one.

I'm really excited that Big Red is getting the iPhone. In the end, it means there are that many more of my friends I'll be able to call for free once they switch to V. :)

plumcrazy
01-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Honestly if the iPhone was available 6 months ago on Verizon I would have never got a Droid.

Beamed from my DroidX

what he said.

cant imagine why VZW would NOT want the iphone. there are a TON of iphone lovers that cant stand ATT service. now those people have a place to go for a great phone and great service...WIN/WIN

mach330
01-11-2011, 05:16 PM
i'm a apple fan as well, but never the iphone. i do like it though, but i like the android os better. i would be inclined to the idea of iphone in verizon and might actually get one if:

1. gets at least a 4" screen
2. lte
3. can hack to do wifi tether

i need all 3 otherwise, the lte droid phones coming out are more interesting to me.

i am worried though that a flock of people will move to vzw and clog up our wonderful network. if it becomes like how att was. i seriously have to rethink on switching out. i do love vzw. i just felt sad today that this might screw up our network.

weatherlover1
01-11-2011, 06:06 PM
I think it will be interesting to see how those who have had Droids feel after having a iPhone for a while. I personally think the Driod has a lot more choices which I like. I have an iPod Touch and to be honest I found it boring. I am not to worried that the network will be bogged down. They have been planning for this and I bet they hope to have the next iPhone on the new 4G network which will help spread the load.

redwinger2001
01-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Mach, I'm with you. Those three things are important. I know you can jailbreak the iphone but I never did. I had the ip4, but took it back and switched to the X. I don't think I can every go back to a smaller screen...I'm getting older after allO! I still use my ip3g on wifi to play words with friends, but that's about it.
The iphone's camera blows the X's out of the water. I just don't understand how the x's camera can be so bad!
The only way i'd go back to iphone after my contact is up is if it had the previous three requisites plus a little more control over the phone itself...like launchers. The iphone might be more user friendly, but the iphone feels tiny in comparison to my x and I like a big phone

redwinger2001
01-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh and widgets....love widgets...iphone would have to have widgetsand they never will. Its a great product but i think I'm past it and ready to get into the nitty gritty of my x. I just rooted two weeks ago...now I'm ready for roms and themes:)

didiwags
01-11-2011, 06:28 PM
If it had came out before I got an android phone I probably would have considered it! But I like android to much now to change!
That said i think my hubby will get one though!!!

devilsephiroth
01-11-2011, 06:49 PM

I didn't buy my X to win beauty pageants, I bought it to murder, and rape. I'll take a serial killer over a beauty queen, because they live life with a purpose.

One thing apple is known for, is never admitting a mistake. at&t was a fail, The iphone 4 was a fail with dropped calls, verizon with the droid line up proves how viable android really is, and how apple brain washed the world with its ios and no competitors. this new move to verizon is an act of desperation, I wish they didn't, Rather watch apple Fade into the night.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

FMMFL
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
The only real reason I could think of to switch is the accessories and the camera. And the fact that I still have an ipod port in my car with an ipod interface head unit. That's one thing I can't see android getting into for a long time.
I'll probably give it a test drive though.

1KDS
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
You can always put android on it :p
How to Install Android on Your iPhone - PCWorld (http://www.pcworld.com/article/196595/how_to_install_android_on_your_iphone.html)

joshw0000
01-11-2011, 07:49 PM
I just hope Verizon doesn't get a Windows 7 phone. I'm happy with my Droid and my service but if Verizon monopolizes the industry, which is what they're doing, to the point that no one else can compete guess which direction our monthly bill will go?

I've played with Iphones and Windows phones and neither have the functionality that Droids do. Is it wrong to want ALL of the extras but not have to pay for them?

FMMFL
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
I also wouldn't mind having that huge caller ID screen. I've always had some caller ID envy:)

ARHicken
01-11-2011, 08:22 PM
iPhone is a great phone weather people say this that and the third, it is absolutely great that verizon is getting the iphone yea there is only 1 model but it looks amazing with the steel and that display the screen pushes out cant wait.... just me tho, dont get me android has great phones and such but with face chat with other iphones I just feel like the iphone has held the game down, my girl has the i4 and our 8 mega pixel camera is so sorry compared to there 5......

I love the droid phones but iphone ftw

didiwags
01-11-2011, 08:27 PM
You can always put android on it :p
How to Install Android on Your iPhone - PCWorld (http://www.pcworld.com/article/196595/how_to_install_android_on_your_iphone.html)

haha yeah if I want to only use it for an hour ;P

Xzombie69X
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Love Apple products but iOS is wayyy out of date seems to be the same phone since it came out in a different box. its a nice stable os jus very boring even when jailbroken imo.

Breezer23
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I wonder if they will allow for people to upgrade early?

Terp
01-11-2011, 11:09 PM
I wonder if Verizon will fill it with non removable bloatware. Would peeve me off if they force feed the army of android users and they give Apple gets a pass...

Shayne
01-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Haha ****.

royolpunk
01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
I wonder if Verizon will fill it with non removable bloatware. Would peeve me off if they force feed the army of android users and they give Apple gets a pass...

Nope there is no bloatware. There's actually hotspot capability added in there,however.

Shayne
01-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Queshion.
Verizon wireless is ranked the number one phone service provider, yes. AT&T + the billions of iPhone users have had problems with dropped calls, yes. So if Verizon now supports the iPhone 4 which is millions of users and probably will support the future iPhone models, will we now experience slowness and/or dropped calls and will the iPhone 4's have the android market? Probably a stupid question but I yearn to know.

ARHicken
01-11-2011, 11:32 PM
iphone 4 with mobile hotspot what is better and im pretty sure there will be early upgrades for the iphone 4 because att does it.....

Does anyone know if your allowed to buy the iphone outright..

royolpunk
01-11-2011, 11:34 PM
iphone 4 with mobile hotspot what is better and im pretty sure there will be early upgrades for the iphone 4 because att does it.....

Does anyone know if your allowed to buy the iphone outright..

Yes you are able too. $600 for 16GB, $700 for 32GB

MiniMe
01-12-2011, 01:09 AM
If it wasn't for VZW's 4G LTE line up, I probably would of got an Iphone 4 when it's available. But why spend 2 bills on a 3G phone when the dual core Android monsters are coming? What just to look cool?

Not everyone can take advantage of 4G if they're not in one of the areas where 4g will be released.

joeyjackpot
01-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Queshion.
Verizon wireless is ranked the number one phone service provider, yes. AT&T + the billions of iPhone users have had problems with dropped calls, yes. So if Verizon now supports the iPhone 4 which is millions of users and probably will support the future iPhone models, will we now experience slowness and/or dropped calls and will the iPhone 4's have the android market? Probably a stupid question but I yearn to know.

The reason they are doing this at such a seemingly inopportune time is so that there ISN'T a mass exodus from ATT nor is there a mass influx to Verizon. Most people on iphones are on corporate or family plans and can't just jump ship on less than 30 days notice.... It's likely that the majority of new iPhone 4s that go on sale will be to existing verizon wireless customers... and those people are already using the network. Our network is better because it's better, not because there are fewer iphones on it. Android users use 5x more times data than iPhone users... so if we're doing okay thus far, we'll be fine.

germann1
01-12-2011, 08:40 AM
I think Verizon is doing both...taking customers from AT&T and raising profits. RIM didn't come out with a Storm 3 and that hurt Verizon and Blackberry phone sales dropped for Verizon. Me, like many others who had Blackberry phones, when the phone crapped out, so to speak, we went to android. I know quite a few people who want Verizon's coverage and an iphone who will jump at the chance to get this phone. It's a win-win for Verizon. Hopefully, Verizon will not forget about us Droid X folks and keep the updates flowing when they come out. We're still waiting for Android 2.3 from Verizon. Verizon likes to take care of the hottest phones first, then come back around to take care of the rest of its customer base. Since they lost so many customers to the iphone group, maybe they'll change their strategy. We'll see.

DebianDog
01-12-2011, 08:50 AM
John Stewart did a whole segment on it being he has to carry another phone to actually MAKE phone calls in certain parts of the city. Best part of this is seeing a montage of people telling AT&T to F off!

Verizon iPhone Announcement - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/11/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-11-2011/verizon-iphone-announcement)

FMMFL
01-12-2011, 09:11 AM
John Stewart did a whole segment on it being he has to carry another phone to actually MAKE phone calls in certain parts of the city. Best part of this is seeing a montage of people telling AT&T to F off!

Verizon iPhone Announcement - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/11/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-11-2011/verizon-iphone-announcement)

Awesome! I watch TDS a day behind everyday but I would expect nothing less. John Oliver is the man!

kylebru1
01-12-2011, 09:31 AM
i worked for att for 3 years before i got my current job, now i work there part time but have a vzw phone. att's customer service has gone down the drain bc they had a hold on the market before by being exclusive to the iphone before android became as big as it is (while still growing). verizon is smart for getting the iphone bc as someone said before they will have loyal apple fans, and loyal android fans. best of both worlds for them. i carried the iphone for a year and finally got fed up with the fact that steve jobs would release an update for the phones but would only work for the newest model. like the last update on allowed me about half the capabilities as the iphone 4. i get they are trying to force you into a newer handset but if my upgrade wasnt until sept. of 2011 how could i do that? so i said screw it paid the cancelation fee and went to verizon.

kylebru1
01-12-2011, 09:34 AM

unofortunately verizon doesnt really have a say in that. apple has a strong hold on all of that stuff same with the att iphone.

dkst0426
01-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Aaaaand, down goes AT&T.

EDIT: Verizon's getting a bit dramatic with the announcement on the website, aren't they?

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Apple playing smart. They are abandoning ship before it sinks. AT&T has been robbing people for years. And everyone I know is leaving them because of the bad customer relations and unexplained increase on bills. Hope Verizon doesn't fall to those levels. AT&T = EPIC FAILURE!

kb51
01-12-2011, 08:33 PM
That's what worries me with all these new people coming over will it bog down the system

royolpunk
01-12-2011, 09:33 PM
That's what worries me with all these new people coming over will it bog down the system

It might be full for a while on Verizons 3G network, but after the LTE handsets come out a month later a lot of people are going to b switching to that and then the 3G network will open up a lot...and the iPhone users who switched to Verizon can't really do anything about it unless they bought if off contract.

parlyle
01-12-2011, 09:57 PM
I too am an apple fan, I have a macbook pro and this is what lead me to get an iPhone originally.

I'm pretty sure they realize the vast customer dissatisfaction with AT&T and know that there are people chomping at the bit to switch providers. I was an iphone 4 user and transfered to Verizon and got a droid x (glad I did because I like it far more than the iphone - except for the camera and a few other small features, but you can't have everything... yet). I was so frustrated with AT&T's service as of late I switched. Not to mention verizon offers a 15% off my bill each month for being a veteran, a service that AT&T did not provide.

After AT&T essentially having a cellular monopoly on the iphone I'm sure there is a considerable market for users who wish to switch over to VZW.

Just my .02 but I guarantee you that VZW would NOT be getting the iphone 4 if market research suggested anything other than very good outcome.

P.S. I had been with AT&T for 7 years prior to switching and saw there customer service go from top notch to absolute garbage. (imo)

How long has VZW been discounting the billing 15% to vets. I'm a Vietnam Vet and am proud to be one. Anytime I hear of these things it peaks my interest. And also, I have buddies that may need this too. I'm sure that other vets will welcome the discount also.

Lyle

Shayne
01-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the answer joeyjackpot.
Y'know, before I bought my DX I debated on whether to wait for the iPhone release on Verizon (since that was my family's plan, couldn't switch to AT&T). I heard rumors of that happening but this was about a year ago. So at the time I asked my Aunt for advice who once worked for T-Mobile, who I might add is now ... well let's just say not with that company anymore. Um, but anyways she advised me to completely doubt that Verizon would take the iPhone under it's wing and explained to me all about the contracts and lingo behind it which completely made sense, but seeing this now is quite shocking but I am slightly happy that the best network is now going to provide service for the best phones. And I'm glad I didn't get an iPhone, I love my DX and Android and the people that I have met through this site and who also have Droids. Yay Verizon. Let's rule the air, b*tches.

(LOL @ John Stewart clip)

Akira6713
01-12-2011, 11:55 PM
I have a droid X and am not planning to upgrade until Bionic. I have always wanted to play with an iphone and have one as a secondary phone. Can I buy an Iphone 4 without service and just use it with the wifi tether from my android? How about the apple market will I be bale to use that? What if I jailbreak my iphone 4?. If this is possible I will be purchasing an iphone 4 but if not i will not e downgrading to iphone.

royolpunk
01-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I have a droid X and am not planning to upgrade until Bionic. I have always wanted to play with an iphone and have one as a secondary phone. Can I buy an Iphone 4 without service and just use it with the wifi tether from my android? How about the apple market will I be bale to use that? What if I jailbreak my iphone 4?. If this is possible I will be purchasing an iphone 4 but if not i will not e downgrading to iphone.

Yes...to all your questions. It'll cost $599 for it though. 16GB.

dnelms
01-13-2011, 04:27 AM
Awesome! I watch TDS a day behind everyday but I would expect nothing less. John Oliver is the man!

Just an FYI... while the bit was funny, he did NOT do it while the speaker was on stage. TWIT had a special running and Andy Inhatko was there at the event. He mentioned that while they were waiting someone jumped up and yelled "F-yeah". He mentioned he realized it was Oliver, but the funniest part was he did not get the take right, so he had to do it again. Inhatko said Oliver was slumped down in his seat, not wanting the wrath of the security there for doing it again. But he never yelled it with VZW or Apple execs onstage.

Other items from Inhatko from the event:
1 - it will not have any Verizon apps preloaded (assuming the reps told him correctly)
2 - feels the talk and data at the same time not being possible will hold some ATT folks back
3- the recommendation from him (and others on the show) was most ATT folks that waited and are out of contract will switch, but should wait another 6 months for the iPhone 5. Most predict it will be on LTE and have a dual chip for CDMA/GSM.

I like the Droid, but had the iPhone been available I would have probably gone that route (came from Sprint last Nov). But I'm satisfied for the next 2 years until the contract is up. That's a lifetime in the course of technology and phones, so no telling what will be the "best" then.

HHundyy
01-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Yea, sadly I really like the look and feel of the iPhone itself. But iOS really sucks IMO. Android is far superior to iOS and the OS of the phone is quite a bit more important than the look and feel of the phone - at least it is to me. It really wish there was an Android phone with sweet specs (like the DX) but with a look and feel of an iPhone.

FMMFL
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Just an FYI... while the bit was funny, he did NOT do it while the speaker was on stage. TWIT had a special running and Andy Inhatko was there at the event. He mentioned that while they were waiting someone jumped up and yelled "F-yeah". He mentioned he realized it was Oliver, but the funniest part was he did not get the take right, so he had to do it again. Inhatko said Oliver was slumped down in his seat, not wanting the wrath of the security there for doing it again. But he never yelled it with VZW or Apple execs onstage.

Other items from Inhatko from the event:
1 - it will not have any Verizon apps preloaded (assuming the reps told him correctly)
2 - feels the talk and data at the same time not being possible will hold some ATT folks back
3- the recommendation from him (and others on the show) was most ATT folks that waited and are out of contract will switch, but should wait another 6 months for the iPhone 5. Most predict it will be on LTE and have a dual chip for CDMA/GSM.

I like the Droid, but had the iPhone been available I would have probably gone that route (came from Sprint last Nov). But I'm satisfied for the next 2 years until the contract is up. That's a lifetime in the course of technology and phones, so no telling what will be the "best" then.

Interesting tidbit of info there. Most of their takes don't really look authentic but they all crack me up nonetheless.
I went and played with my brothers iphone4 on ATT and really don't think it's for me. He was ranting about how awesome the keyboard was but it has NOTHING on swype.
And it was TINY. Very polished and nice but waaaay tooo small. The X will have me forever spoiled as far as screen size. In fact I already want bigger! But of course I will settle for 4.3:)

joeyjackpot
01-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Can't wait for all the droid converts to start realizing there ARE NO non-market apps for the iphone without Jailbreaking... if people think rooting with a one click method that comes free in the market was too much trouble.... LOL.

I will be glad to see those kinds of users flock to iPhone and I will be glad to not be apart of the Verizon iPhone 4 forums.

royolpunk
01-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah I know right I think I will wait until the new iphone comes out..do you guys think that will be 4G? It should be..

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
As much as I love the X I cannot wait to get the iphone......

royolpunk
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
As much as I love the X I cannot wait to get the iphone......

I might put my Droid x on craigslist for trade for the Verizon iphone 4. There isn't that much of a noticeable difference that people would say no automatically. More like yes, since the Droid x is better in almost every way.

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
dont come running back when u see that the iphone isnt all its cracked up to be :)

1KDS
01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I think the iPhone was revolutionary when it came out, but it's still basically the same thing now, years later, with shinier icons and a front facing camera. Still the same old OS

mikeinrichmond
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
dont come running back when u see that the iphone isnt all its cracked up to be :)

I'd get one if it had a 4.3" screen, dual core processors and ran Gingerbread..oh wait...;)

But seriously, the iPhone is a great phone, been there, done that. When I had my 3G it was light years ahead of anything else out. Truth is, now there isn't one thing it can do that I can't on my X, but there is lots I can do on my X that you can't on an iPhone.

royolpunk
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
I think the iPhone was revolutionary when it came out, but it's still basically the same thing now, years later, with shinier icons and a front facing camera. Still the same old OS

Yeah true. New rumors ppoint to a buttonless iphone though.

royolpunk
01-13-2011, 05:01 PM

Yeah Abe I know. I COULD have both if I wanted to, but that's just a waste of my money.

SingingSabre
01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
I'd get one if it had a 4.3" screen, dual core processors and ran Gingerbread..oh wait...;)

But seriously, the iPhone is a great phone, been there, done that. When I had my 3G it was light years ahead of anything else out. Truth is, now there isn't one thing it can do that I can't on my X, but there is lots I can do on my X that you can't on an iPhone.

There's one thing (http://iamtpain.smule.com/) that iPhone has which Android lacks...

Snow02
01-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Gtfoh.

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
There's one thing (http://iamtpain.smule.com/) that iPhone has which Android lacks...

oh reallyyyy (http://www.appbrain.com/app/tune-me/com.tuneme.tuneme)

1KDS
01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm on a boat!

SingingSabre
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
oh reallyyyy (http://www.appbrain.com/app/tune-me/com.tuneme.tuneme)

Really.

That one lacks music integration and backbeats. :p

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
there was one called tunedroid or something but cant seem to find it

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 05:20 PM

I so disagree with this, the iphone camera blows the 8 megapixel camera on the x, I am not just taking sides with the iphone because I came from using a blackberry and an iphone, but the iphone 4 completely is a better build better quality phone then the x.. ya ya its not open source but when it comes down to it that screen the i4 has and now that it will have mobile hotspot.. ya all these droids are going to have dual core and quad core but I mean the iphone still is some phone and with the camera and that screen I really dig it.....

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
mobile hotspot free?

1KDS
01-13-2011, 05:25 PM
cuz mine is...

ARHicken
we will have to see...... I mean we can argue all day but when the screen is way better quality on the iphone, face time is so cool so I can use it when I go abroad, the 5 mega pixel camera which I am big into taking pics and videos dosent even compare to the droid x... even the videos that android fanatics compare the too in videos the i4 is a faster more user friendly phone,

all around its not moto and its a very strong quality build...

but ill give up

1KDS
seriously? No, it will not be free

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
seriously? No, it will not be free

lololol VZW giving you something for free

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
how do we now it wont be free its not even out yet lol, im sure someone will get around it lol if thats whats holding you back from the droid x plastic like build, I love my x but my girl has the i4 there just is no comparisons, unless you really hate the os I guess....

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
how do we now it wont be free its not even out yet lol, im sure someone will get around it lol if thats whats holding you back from the droid x plastic like build, I love my x but my girl has the i4 there just is no comparisons, unless you really hate the os I guess....

i know. why would it be free?

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
obvi it wont be free but its not free on the x either, it what we called hacked and that could happen on the iphone too but who cares I still love my x just have been waiting for feb 10 for a long time now....

1KDS
01-13-2011, 05:36 PM
since tuesday?

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I meant that like I have been waiting for the date to come out, come on now I think you new what I meant

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 05:37 PM
lol u said it like it was a big deal. the DX has the hotspot app

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
I mean to me its put the iphone once again in a new cat with the mobile hotspot now.....

1KDS
01-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't know what category that would be since there are others that already have it. Bottom line is the iPhone 4 is an old phone and the people that flock to it on VZW will regret it this summer when the new iPhone and Androids are out.

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I mean to me its put the iphone once again in a new cat with the mobile hotspot now.....

the category that the DX is in?

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 05:48 PM
very buggy, plastic like build, and your right I will be upset when the iphone 5 will come out but please tell me how the i4 old that dosent make much sense, because that would mean the x is very very old and the i4 is a better phone then we both use now and when we talk about quality its not even worth arguing lol

so I am going to leave this alone

Abe21599
01-13-2011, 05:50 PM
buggy? are u sure u have a DX?

youre talking up the iphone4 on a DX forum. what do u expect?

1KDS
01-13-2011, 05:51 PM
the DX isn't plastic construction either

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 05:54 PM
yea I love my droid x I came from a droid inc and before that I used a blackberry and iphone.... w.e I use the droid x so I shouldn't talk right..... I am on my third one in a month I could prob get the i4 without using my upgrade.... but this is a great community and I am sorry I like the iphone lol

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 05:54 PM
the DX isn't plastic construction either

And by plastic I want to use the word when you go to the bathroom

slim6596
01-13-2011, 06:50 PM
I also wouldn't mind having that huge caller ID screen. I've always had some caller ID envy:)

Get Full Screen Caller ID. Works great. Only thing, you have to manually edit contacts/pics. I love it.

devilsephiroth
01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Love Apple products but iOS is wayyy out of date seems to be the same phone since it came out in a different box. its a nice stable os jus very boring even when jailbroken imo.

They sell phones With an os that's behind the curve, and market it with lies deceit, and misleading commercials, to get the public to believe its the best. Only to find out its all a marketing ploy to keep you in house, while they grow fat on over priced services, which you the consumer have no say on the matter.
Now they see android as a threat, verizon being their biggest with the droid line up, what does steve jobs do? Move to verizon of course. If they can drown out android, then perhaps they have a chance.

What does at&t say? They complain how verizon's network can't call and web. When was that ever an issue until now? ? Cause its old ass news to us isn't it?

1KDS
01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
yeah, I never knew I couldn't do it till those commercials

ARHicken
01-13-2011, 06:54 PM
what does steve jobs do come one dude verizon wanted the iphone just as much as jobs and everyone else did that dosent make sense

Snow02
01-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Can we close this thread already?

devilsephiroth
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Nothing apple does is ever simple. This was plan b.

DebianDog
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
The iPhone hate is strong today. Just fyi Apple has not lost a drop of market share and if anything they are going to sell 9-12 million more of them.

Why you are so opposed to a easy to use device that any moron could use is beyond me.

Apple does not force people to use the device and like most things you can speak with your money and not buy one.

Beamed from my DroidX

Garemlin
01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Can we close this thread already?

No...............

FMMFL
01-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Get Full Screen Caller ID. Works great. Only thing, you have to manually edit contacts/pics. I love it.

Reviews don't look awesome but I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Any tips?

joeyjackpot
01-14-2011, 08:51 AM
The iPhone hate is strong today. Just fyi Apple has not lost a drop of market share and if anything they are going to sell 9-12 million more of them.

Why you are so opposed to a easy to use device that any moron could use is beyond me.

Apple does not force people to use the device and like most things you can speak with your money and not buy one.

Beamed from my DroidX

The days of iPhone being "Thee Phone" are over... market wise... but not in the minds of some people that just don't know what Android IS. Some people don't realize that Android is just as capable, if not more. The frustration is less with the iPhone, its hardware, or its previous and future successes, and more in the way it is still regarded as a standout phone that does things no other phones can... when that is far, far, far from true anymore. People just want some Android love. And it can be frustrating anytime the topic of conversation turns to mac and you get a bunch of apple fanbois jumping out of the woodwork trying to convince you that apple really has your best interest at heart... especially on a f-cking Droid forum.

royolpunk
01-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Ok let's just put it this way. There is no best phone. Period. When motorola releases the I.e. Droid x for example their already working on something better.

AdamTomaino
01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Will any hardware on the Verizon Iphone 4 differ from the ATT other then CDMA?

DebianDog
01-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Will any hardware on the Verizon Iphone 4 differ from the ATT other then CDMA?

Antenna redesign... No joke ;)

Garemlin
01-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Antenna redesign... No joke ;)

Or is it???

sorry couldn't resist. LOL

SingingSabre
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
All this talk about which phone is better is dumb.

The best phone is the one in your hand. The one you like. Any other phone is pretty much effectively irrelevant.

I have the DX, my girlfriend has the G2, her bestie has the i4. Guess what, they're all great phones.

Garemlin
01-14-2011, 09:46 AM
All this talk about which phone is better is dumb.

This is a discussion board. With discussion comes disagreement and opinions. Without those there would be no discussion and no need for a discussion board. ;)

Mikey
01-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Looking forward to Replacing the X with an iPhone.
For my needs the iPhone is better than the X.

Neither phone is 100% better than the other , its all user preference and if the device fills the need.

SingingSabre
01-14-2011, 09:58 AM
This is a discussion board. With discussion comes disagreement and opinions. Without those there would be no discussion and no need for a discussion board. ;)

TouchÚ.

mittens
01-14-2011, 02:00 PM
will have one on Feb tenth, and selling the droid X..... just saying. i use my itouch for most anything it can do its smother then my droid x

love my Droid, but its just a phone thats trying to be the real one.

DebianDog
01-14-2011, 02:16 PM
will have one on tfeb thirst, and selling the droid X..... just saying. i use my itouch for most anything it can do its smother then my droid x

Yep I have always found people that dis Apple products have never actually OWNED them. iOS runs smooth as silk on the A4 processor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-uySK9_uhA

joeyjackpot
01-14-2011, 02:52 PM
my ipod is far glitchier than my android lol

royolpunk
01-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Yep. I don't need 4G gonna sell my itouch and Droid x.
Droid x =$300-400,
Itouch I got a buyer for$ 140
Just need $200 more gonna use christmas money:-)

Or...if my little 10 year old brother let's me gonna use her upgrade on 2/11...

BoostinBen
01-14-2011, 07:21 PM
You're not going to get $300-$400 for the Droid X...

royolpunk
01-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Lmao. Just sold one the other day for$ 350. Dads Droid 2.

tazzclass
01-14-2011, 09:40 PM

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App[/QUOTE]

LOL. So is it your brother or sister?

royolpunk
01-14-2011, 09:57 PM

LOL. So is it your brother or sister?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was typing really fast. Its a brother.

IMDROID
01-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Droid X's on CL are ranging from $250 low to $500 high. I had my EVO for about 4 months and I got $450 via CL, paid $199 for it on upgrade. If it's in mint condition I can see an easy $375 - $325. How much do you all think the iPhone 4 will retail at? (16/32gb)

royolpunk
01-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Iphone,if you buy it straight out probably$ 600.

CL,all depends on the seller. If they have done their research they'll sell it for$500+. If not, it really ranges between$ 300-$600

Shayne
01-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Psh... "phones"... this is a mini computer. I use it for phone calls 10% of the time.
I agree with how Android isnt considered "thee phone" because well, its not well known. Honestly not a lot of people know about Android so they think iphones are the best and mostly buy iphones because most other people have them and want to be a part of society. Ha I'm getting all psychological.
I also agree that its all in preference. I like having a Droid because I feel like I have the best phone IMO and I'm not conforming to the iphone phenomenon. I also love the huge screen, service and many other things. Basically it's all preference.

royolpunk
01-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Its because apple is more known for their tech, while google is more known for their search engines and that stuff...no one really followed android since its release in 2008 with the g1. The thing that made android so popular was the og Droid. Now everyone walking on the streets thinks that every smartphone that isn't a iphone is a" Droid".

mittens
01-15-2011, 12:53 PM
wow did not think i could get that much for my droid x, was going to sell to a buddy for 150

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-16-2011, 09:22 PM
You will be lucky to get $150 for it. Don't let these other guys fool you. They are just trying to reinvent the dollar or something. LOL. I have friends that do the same thing. (*-*)

Back me up. I'm going in....

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM
And as soon as the Bionic comes out, your DX will lose all of it's value completely within a week.

:-)
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
I've had iphones since launch. There are things I miss about it, such as the copy and paste being really well done, but the android os is fantastic. iOS limits you a number of ways.

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Only thing I like about the iphone is the cool video of that 50 bmg going through it in slow motion. That is awesome! :-P

fraggy4
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
I found someone willing to buy my DX for $350 once I buy my iPhone. Good bye Android, it was fun while it lasted.

x909xvolcomx
01-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Good luck rooting the iphone :)

fraggy4
01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Jailbreak. Also, I never cared about rooting, it was just something to get me past all the bloatware VZ and Moto throw on there. Apple doesn't do that.

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Going to break out in tears when the Bionic comes out and you try to sell your $50 iphone. :-D

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
And the bloatware was never really a problem. I get rid of mine right after I got my DX. Some people are just too nervous and scared to do what they need too. I didn't hesitate. I spent the full $509.00 because I didn't want to wait for the stupid $75 upgrade that comes in 2 more years. And I went straight to work on it. Root, oc'd, deleted bloatware. Don't eat the forbidden fruit! LoL.

Basis
01-16-2011, 11:52 PM
If the Iphone 4 had the same size of screen of my X i would seriously consider trying to get my hands on one.. Apple does make great hardware, even tho their antenna design was flawed on at&t network.

I'm still in my 30 day return window and after calling Verizon to make sure I could, I gave the thought of taking my X back some consideration. But in the end screen size was a major factor. There's no way I could go from 4.3 inches to less than I had with my OG droid.

Launched from my DX

Basis
01-17-2011, 12:03 AM
And as soon as the Bionic comes out, your DX will lose all of it's value completely within a week.

Not so sure about that. I just sold my OG droid on cl for 150 that helped pay for my bogo. Got my droid x and my wife a droid 2 global for less than 100 bucks out if pocket... after rebates of course. Just saying that most people don't know crap about phones.

Launched from my DX

Basis
01-17-2011, 12:06 AM
And the bloatware was never really a problem. I get rid of mine right after I got my DX. Some people are just too nervous and scared to do what they need too. I didn't hesitate. I spent the full $509.00 because I didn't want to wait for the stupid $75 upgrade that comes in 2 more years. And I went straight to work on it. Root, oc'd, deleted bloatware. Don't eat the forbidden fruit! LoL.

I agree had my X rooted and running dark slide within three hours of getting it home from Verizon. Would have been sooner but that damn locked bootloader.

Launched from my DX

x909xvolcomx
01-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Im selling my DX for the Droid Bionic for sure I wonder how much it will be without contract

Snow02
01-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Standard 550-650 no doubt.

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-17-2011, 01:16 AM
DX pros on VZ Network -
4.3 HD screen √
8MP cam √
1Ghz T.I. processor √
3 built in mics √
3G connection √
ETC.....

I-phone on VZ Network -

4G connection (no)
Use web or apps in call (no)
Costs at least $100 more then DX √ (had to get at least 1)

But I guess the cool thing about the new iphone is, you can take one of those videos of yourself laying in bed crying "Leave Apple alone!" Lmao!

(˛_ˇ)

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Think they will go for the trade in? DX for a sum of the Bio?

(˛_ˇ)

Trash Can
01-17-2011, 11:47 AM
While I like my X, I do not love it. I don't miss AT&T and will stay with VZW, but I do miss my iPhone and will be switching back to whatever is released after iPhone 4.

Everyone is different. I'm not into rooting and tinkering with it like so many here. I just want an easy to use device - it often seems like it takes one or two more steps on the X to perform the same function as on the iPhone. Plus I think the iPhone apps are better.

As far as being able to use data and voice simultaneously, while nice, it's never been an issue for me one way or the other on my iPhone 3G or X. Again, everyone has different needs and priorities.

The beauty of all of this is that everyone can get what works best for them.

DebianDog
01-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Look on Slashdot at the iphone 5 specs. You might want to wait.

Beamed from my DroidX

Trash Can
01-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Look on Slashdot at the iphone 5 specs. You might want to wait.

Beamed from my DroidX

Yes, I'm holding off for iPhone 5.

bigmook
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Man I sure am kinda sick of iPhone this and iPhone that. Wonder if they are hyping the d.x. on an iPhone forum somewhere

sent from my darkdroid x

brianjec
01-17-2011, 02:58 PM
lol anchor on fox news channel just said it's almost a privilege to own an apple product, lmao

royolpunk
01-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah after a few days of debating im going to be holding off for the iphone 5 too. Ill use my contract upgrade for the iphone and hopefully it'll be worth if and have 4G:-)

idontliketolose
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Has anyone heard that Verizon is cancelling the new every two agreement for new customers and only allowing one more upgrade for existing customers? If so I can't imagine paying the full $500's for a new phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Droid X Forum App

Trash Can
01-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Has anyone heard that Verizon is cancelling the new every two agreement for new customers and only allowing one more upgrade for existing customers? If so I can't imagine paying the full $500's for a new phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Droid X Forum App

smartmoney-hello-iphone-goodbye-upgrades: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/111835/smartmoney-hello-iphone-goodbye-upgrades)

fraggy4
01-18-2011, 08:37 AM
I plan on buying the iPhone 4 now, and the iPhone 5 immediately when it comes out. I like to steal my family's upgrades, and we have 3 ready by June, and 1 ready now. :P

mittens
01-18-2011, 10:10 AM
same here, using either ine or my dads upgrade for the iphone 4, and IF i mean IF the iphone 5 drops with lte or somethin i will use the other to jump on it.

chucklehead
01-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Here's an interesting read I just found...

Consumer Reports Cautions Against Verizon iPhone 4 (http://www.informationweek.com/news/smb/mobile/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=229000778&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_All)

elidog
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I am ( still have a bottom of line contract with 'the evil empire") a ten year att customer. The joy the iphone 4 brings me as it heads to verizons market can only be shared by some one who has experienced the lies and absolutely ridiculous excuse for service " the evil empire" provides. I could care less about all the hoopla about weather the iphone 4 will suck or not. I am am much more intetested in seeing att's market share fade away. Verizon having the iphone 4 is going to land a crushing blow to att. That brings me joy.

The 4 will rock for those who love the iphone. Like it or not its a great product and Verizon will make it work.

MiniMe
01-18-2011, 02:05 PM
You will be lucky to get $150 for it. Don't let these other guys fool you. They are just trying to reinvent the dollar or something. LOL. I have friends that do the same thing. (*-*)

Have you even checked prices for a used DX? And btw bionic isn't out yet.

omgheyitskenny
01-18-2011, 02:13 PM
From reading this thread I can see a lot of people do not know what they're talking about.

The verizon iPhone is not better at all. I mean it can't even make make a call while being on the Internet. Verizon data speed are hilarious they domt even compare. Att smartphone portfolio now and this coming year is going to exceed those of any competitor. Verizon damn near shut down after the first dried launch and could handle the over load. Imagine double that or triple with iPhone and the amount of data they use(hence the reason the HAD to go LTE 4g)

Att will be the only carrier offering LTE and HSPA+. Att will not suffer from the whiplash verizon and tmo will have. Att has the fastest network now and will have the fastest again once they go LTE. Of course none of this will go live until around July 2011.

Please to not say anything referring this if you do not know what you're talking about.

I am not a Apple fan boy and I own a DX.

WugFresh
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Care to backup your source of information my friend.

{{ WugFresh }}

mrclean2828
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
That guy sounds like an att sales rep to me. Just saying

Snow02
01-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Nah. Att data speeds on average are faster from what I've personally seen.

mikeinrichmond
01-18-2011, 02:29 PM
I think he is talking about the ATT in the alternate universe where they have the best network and you can actually use your phone to make a CALL...lol

DebianDog
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
AT&T is slower iPhone speed test: Verizon vs. AT&T | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20028192-233.html)

Verizon knows they are getting 9-12 million new users AppleInsider | Verizon iPhone to attract 9 to 12 million new US users for Apple (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/01/09/verizon_iphone_to_attract_9_to_12_million_new_us_u sers_for_apple.html)

4G on Verizon is active NOW and the fastest thing going Verizon 4G LTE: Data Plans, Bandwidth & Transfer Speed Test [Review] (http://compixels.com/3407/verizon-4g-data-plans-transfer-speed-and-bandwidth-test)

xrazedx
01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Did I read his post wrong or did he say that Verizon had to come out with 4g Lte because of the verizon iPhone? Lmao. If that's what he was saying, that is not even worth responding to.

Swyped n sent from my X

IMDROID
01-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Ah yes the infamous "You can't make a call and use the internet at the same time".. Is that really a big concern? How many times have you had the NEED to really use both? Come'on now be honest. When I had my 3Gs iPhone with AT&T I think I used that feature maybe twice at the most.

1KDS
01-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Just a single post to try to rile us all up, that's all it was

chucklehead
01-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Um... don't know if any of the previous posts are referring to me or not but...

I was just surfing around and came across the article I posted the link to.

Thought others might want to read it also....

mittens
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
I have never had the need or want to used internet and on the phone. haha and i have had all kinds of phones.

but i do need my phone to work ont he river on my boat. and my buddys with ATT always go looking for my phone.

DebianDog
01-19-2011, 10:01 AM
If you have the right phone 4G does data and calls at the same time.

joeyjackpot
01-19-2011, 11:00 AM
If you have the right phone 4G does data and calls at the same time.

Yeah because it'll be doing voice over 3g and data over 4g... not simultaneous 4g... read the ** clause not the * clause.. if you move out of 4G range, your call stays put ... all calls will likely route through 3g, and then data on 4g where available... but you won't be able to do 3g data/voice ever

the WORST part about this presentation? "First smartphone to feature HTC's latest UI - Sense 2.0" **** me, i wish they had gotten rid of OEM UIs for PHONES, not just TABLETS.

It didn't get much attention over here, but do you know how **** other carriers' customers are that Skype and Verizon have a contract that video chatting via Skype can ONLY be done on verizon phones? Look it up if you don't believe me... this may be the beginning of the end for Skype since the other 3 of the big 4 are switching to Qik or Fring as their default video chat.

SingingSabre
01-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I have never had the need or want to used internet and on the phone. haha and i have had all kinds of phones.

but i do need my phone to work ont he river on my boat. and my buddys with ATT always go looking for my phone.

It's a lot like being the one friend with the truck (which I'm not).

Yes, this is my truck and no, I won't help you move.

Yes, this is my Verizon phone and no, you can't have any of my minutes. ;)

Nebben
01-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I also wanted the iphone but not with atat, I love vzw. But now that I am a droid user the last thing I want to happen is vzw paying more attention and pushing better service for the the iphone than the loyalists that have been with them for years!

devilsephiroth
01-19-2011, 05:59 PM
I will be happy when ios is dead and buried in the wake of android. Remember palm pre? One day that will apply to ios.

Also I've never purchased apple products.

DebianDog
01-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Also I've never purchased apple products.

I can tell by your attitude about them ;) There is a reason they will always remain one of the most popular smart phones. Ease of use. 9-12 million people are switch to Verizon from an iPhone to an iPhone they COULD get a Droid but won't.

You also fail to understand the MILLIONS of Apple fanboys, like myself, who LOVE Apple products for a reason.

Apple iOS is not going anywhere, don't kid yourself Apple sells 160 millionth iOS device as average iPhone price grows to $625
(http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/01/18/apple_has_sold_160m_ios_devices_average_iphone_pri ce_grows_to_625.html)

mittens
01-20-2011, 08:36 AM
I am not an apple fan boy, but i was givne a itouch, and i have been VERY impressed. love that thing it just WORKS, smoother too. does it give me all the options that my Droid x does? not but it also does not let me down. and most of what i do is text, email, and call.

Snow02
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah. I'm definitely the go to guy among friends and family for tech help and advice, and the features android provides make it a better fit for me than iOS. But four of my family members and countless friends have iphones, and they love them. But I've still claimed several iOS defectors after they see what Apple isn't giving them.

At this point, you really can't go wrong with either platform unless you're a "power user". Though, while iOS certainly isn't going anywhere, I do predict a long term shift towards greater Android ubiquity.

devilsephiroth
01-20-2011, 05:14 PM
I can tell by your attitude about them ;) There is a reason they will always remain one of the most popular smart phones. Ease of use. 9-12 million people are switch to Verizon from an iPhone to an iPhone they COULD get a Droid but won't.

You also fail to understand the MILLIONS of Apple fanboys, like myself, who LOVE Apple products for a reason.

Apple iOS is not going anywhere, don't kid yourself Apple sells 160 millionth iOS device as average iPhone price grows to $625
(http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/01/18/apple_has_sold_160m_ios_devices_average_iphone_pri ce_grows_to_625.html)
I think you're out of your element here...

When I tunes was first released on their products and I saw how you couldn't share music between different platforms, I wasn't having it. There will always be a place for the iphone I assume, since everyone isn't smart enough to handle this much possibilities on android, I'm upset for those who are and spend their time jail breaking iphone for widgets, and porting android over, that's what upsets me. Why bother when is by default on an android phone?

DebianDog
01-20-2011, 09:35 PM
I hate microsoft for what they did to netscape 15 years ago. What does that have to do with itunes did five years ago? Which has ZERO to do with iOS.

remembering I have had a mac for ten years. I have been in IT twenty years. How exactly am I out of my element?

Beamed from my DroidX

devilsephiroth
01-21-2011, 01:33 AM
I hate microsoft for what they did to netscape 15 years ago. What does that have to do with itunes did five years ago? Which has ZERO to do with iOS.

remembering I have had a mac for ten years. I have been in IT twenty years. How exactly am I out of my element?

Beamed from my DroidX

This forum.

Garemlin
01-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Ok let's keep the bickering and defensive attitudes to a minimum before this thread gets out of hand and locked down.

And DO NOT bypass the swear filters. It will not be tolerated.

mikeinrichmond
01-21-2011, 05:44 AM
iPhones are great devices, but apparently you don't want to take them to Apple for service if you ever want to open the phone up yourself again to, perhaps, replace the battery.

Makes me love the X even more...:)

Read Reuters article here:

Apple tightens the screws on iPhone 4: sources | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70K0BO20110121)

joshw0000
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
From reading this thread I can see a lot of people do not know what they're talking about.

The verizon iPhone is not better at all. I mean it can't even make make a call while being on the Internet. Verizon data speed are hilarious they domt even compare. Att smartphone portfolio now and this coming year is going to exceed those of any competitor. Verizon damn near shut down after the first dried launch and could handle the over load. Imagine double that or triple with iPhone and the amount of data they use(hence the reason the HAD to go LTE 4g)

Att will be the only carrier offering LTE and HSPA+. Att will not suffer from the whiplash verizon and tmo will have. Att has the fastest network now and will have the fastest again once they go LTE. Of course none of this will go live until around July 2011.

Please to not say anything referring this if you do not know what you're talking about.

I am not a Apple fan boy and I own a DX.

I had AT&T several years ago and hated it. I had constant call drops, broken calls, or just missed entirely. My parents and little brother still use AT&T because they get roll over minutes but they still get horrible service. I can hardly talk to my mom when she's on her cell (when I'm on a cell or landline). Most of our conversation is "can you hear, hello, are you still there". I send her texts that sometimes take hours or days for her to receive. She has certain "drop" zones all around our area that Verizon does not.

Verizon has much better service, both voice and data. I work for a manufacturer of rolling doors. We use primarily steel. All of the big wigs at work have company paid AT&T Iphone 4's. Their service is so shotty they installed an antena to try and boost signal. They can't connect to the internet or make calls unless they use wifi or go outside. I do both inside the building with only 3g connection.

SingingSabre
01-24-2011, 06:23 PM
I had AT&T several years ago and hated it. I had constant call drops, broken calls, or just missed entirely. My parents and little brother still use AT&T because they get roll over minutes but they still get horrible service. I can hardly talk to my mom when she's on her cell (when I'm on a cell or landline). Most of our conversation is "can you hear, hello, are you still there". I send her texts that sometimes take hours or days for her to receive. She has certain "drop" zones all around our area that Verizon does not.

Verizon has much better service, both voice and data. I work for a manufacturer of rolling doors. We use primarily steel. All of the big wigs at work have company paid AT&T Iphone 4's. Their service is so shotty they installed an antena to try and boost signal. They can't connect to the internet or make calls unless they use wifi or go outside. I do both inside the building with only 3g connection.

Exactly. T-Mobile and ATT brag about their 4g...fact is, though, the 3g on my DX is faster than the 4g on her G2.

Snow02
01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Nope. She must not be getting hspa+. Tmobile definitely spikes up to 22 mbps or so. Seems to be around 12 mbps on average.

DroidDoes
01-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Am I the only person that doesn't get the idea of Verizon aquiring the iphone?:confused: I get that Verizon has a much better network and android is supreme so why would they not just dump the iphone and get a droid with coupons (http://www.valpak.com/coupons/home)? Does it just come down to shear profits and numbers? Is it the thrill of taking customers away from AT&T? Maybe I am missing something.

There are still those "Mac people" that no matter what think a Mac product is superior. They are so biased and in my eyes, kind of brainwashed. This is the people it will attract to verizon. Also, it certainly levels the competition with AT&T as you mentioned. Droid dominates though.

mittens
01-26-2011, 02:12 PM
apple is the devil, and dont like there computers, or there regulations on software.

but having both an X and aapple.....verizon iphone is going to be one smooth running machine.

RETG
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Two manufacturers I really hate in this world due to bad situations. One is Dodge (trucks only; no experiences with their cars), and anything that says Apple. Been burned by both (Dodge far worse since I had to hike a few miles a few times). But, I will say that the iPhone is one good looking phone and their display is the best I have ever seen. But, I am very satisfied with my X, and been with Verizon for too long to change (no options where I live anyway).

However, I have a ton of friends back east who praise their iPhone, but despise AT&T as much as I despise Dodge, and I know the majority will switch ASAP to the Verizon iPhone; then sell their AT&T model on ebay. I will be very happy when they do the switch for two reasons. One, to take advantage of Verizon's mobile to mobile and two, the most important, they won't constantly drop the call when talking with them.

CrAsH_OvErIdE
01-31-2011, 06:17 PM
A few things I don't buy into...

Banks.
Apple
AT&T
Programs that single out gender or race
U.S. gov.

They are all a waste of money and serve no purpose but to accumulate money.

SingingSabre
01-31-2011, 06:44 PM
As far as Dodge trucks, I hate them too. If you are looking for a diesel though, they are the best. The Dodge/Chrysler cars, I would rather lose my manhood then to own another one. My old LXi cost me more to fix then I spent buying the car.
AT&T can get bent with all that secret charges crap. I am a truck driver, so I don't have the time to argue with some Iraqi about how my unlimited service is $800.

Dude...what?

AT&T has customer service, as far as I know, in the United States and India. Where'd you come up with Iraq?

hinds90
01-31-2011, 07:22 PM
If I didn't have to buy the iphone 4 straight out I would switch. The iphone 4 is just so much smoother without doing anything to it but I would probably only get $300 for my droid x. LOL thats only half the price so I will just wait.

Garemlin
01-31-2011, 07:33 PM
If I didn't have to buy the iphone 4 straight out I would switch. The iphone 4 is just so much smoother without doing anything to it but I would probably only get $300 for my droid x. LOL thats only half the price so I will just wait.

You would be real lucky to get $300. $150-$200 is more realistic.

hinds90
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah even more of a reason I have to stick with with my X for a while.