PDA

View Full Version : 5 hours with extended battery??

redwinger2001
01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
I've had my extended battery for three days. Day one I easily got about 16 hours with moderate use before the orange 30% warning appeared. Day 2 about 12 hours. Today, I've only gotten about 5-6 hours and I'm down to 30%. On either extended or stock battery, i get down to 90% in less than an hour with very little use. Anyone else have this problem? I don't want to turn off any syncing like emails.

mikeinrichmond
01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I've had my extended battery for three days. Day one I easily got about 16 hours with moderate use before the orange 30% warning appeared. Day 2 about 12 hours. Today, I've only gotten about 5-6 hours and I'm down to 30%. On either extended or stock battery, i get down to 90% in less than an hour with very little use. Anyone else have this problem? I don't want to turn off any syncing like emails.

Here's a thread with lots of good info about the battery..:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-roms/15407-battery-life.html

BTW, hope you are ready for the snow and ice heading your way. Looks like up north here in Va we're gonna miss it for a change.

redwinger2001
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the link. They are now saying that we are not going to get a lot of snow accumulation, but more freezing rain....not good!

cruckus
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Va never gets snow like that but anyway are you stock or have you loaded any custom roms?

redwinger2001
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm rooted but I haven't loaded any rom's...I don't think. I rooted just to get wireless tether, drocap, and a few other apps that required root. I haven't downloaded gummy, apex, Rubix etc.

Snow02
01-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I get almost right at 24 hours on the extended battery if I barely use it (and I mean almost not at all) and screen brightness is on min. I can kill the battery in under five hours with constant use with brightness on auto. About an hour longer if on min.

BadMedicine
01-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I have a stock battery and I average 15-20 hours with moderate use. 30-35 hours with light use. I don't have many bells and whistles in the way of widgets and as little as possible running in the background... and thats the trick.

Took these today. Light Use:

redwinger2001
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I've never gotten more than 10-12 hours with stock. Using launcher pro (people,calendar Widgets) . no lock widget and true silence widget. Gmail sync. GPS a couple times. A day and wifi once in a while, but not much. No Tom's or themes.

psychotic_penguin
01-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I get around 30 hours on my extended battery with moderate use. Maybe you can try an app like Juice Defender or Superpower both of these apps control processes in the background turning them on and off as needed. Both are free and both have paid versions.

WugFresh
01-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Undervolting Guide (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/15053-undervolting-guide.html)

I also recommend UltimateJuice over Juice Defender

{{ WugFresh }}

psychotic_penguin
01-08-2011, 07:02 PM
It's just the paid version vs the free one, the paid version, Ultimate Juice is a better app as all paid apps are, and I think it's like $3.00 or so.

Snow02
01-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I have a stock battery and I average 15-20 hours with moderate use. 30-35 hours with light use. I don't have many bells and whistles in the way of widgets and as little as possible running in the background... and thats the trick.

Took these today. Light Use:

That's almost no use. When cell standby and phone idle are your largest battery users, next to the screen of course, you've barely turned the phone on. I get similar numbers when I don't use mine too. Normal daily use is another story altogether.

WugFresh
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
It's just the paid version vs the free one, the paid version, Ultimate Juice is a better app as all paid apps are, and I think it's like $3.00 or so.

Ohh.. Whoops. I didn't know. I personally use tasker now for everything, I just remembered having UltimateJuice at one point and at the time had determined it was the best available battery saving app.

{{ WugFresh }}

BadMedicine
01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
That's almost no use. When cell standby and phone idle are your largest battery users, next to the screen of course, you've barely turned the phone on. I get similar numbers when I don't use mine too. Normal daily use is another story altogether.

That's almost no use? Granted I wasn't playing Angry Birds or watching HD Movies, but hold on let me look: 17 phone calls in/out averaging around 2-3 minutes each. 28 texts. Facebook for about an hour total. 2 videos (about 2 min each). I went to a restaurant last night and used Google Maps/GPS for around 15 minutes. And then I slept without a charger for about 7 1/2 hours. I consider that "daily" or "light use".

Snow02
01-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Hah. I hear you. We have different definitions for usage amounts. Definitely good battery life nonetheless. I wish I could get that on a regular basis.

I seem to get about 12 hours with my average use. But I always keep my stock battery charged and on me if it tries to go dead while I'm out.

duro78
01-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Ive been on gummy and apex and have gotten 26 hrs on gummy and about 30 on apex give or take on stock battery. Its a lot of minor adjustment which add to great batt life. Imo the extended batt isnt really needed

BadMedicine
01-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Ive been on gummy and apex and have gotten 26 hrs on gummy and about 30 on apex give or take on stock battery. Its a lot of minor adjustment which add to great batt life. Imo the extended batt isnt really needed

I'm with you. I can see how some people would definitley need it. Those who use it as a gaming device, watch movies, etc. I use The X more as a phone versus a computer, which obvisouly is less intensive on the hardware thus greater battery life. The more you use the X as a mobile computer (internet browsing, Flash/Youtube, email, gaming, movies) the less you time you'll get out of it. IMO there's no way around that, no matter what you tweak... it's just the nature of this device.

redwinger2001
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
I downloaded juice defender and my phone kept freezing up and I had to pull the battery. Did this three times so I turned juice off and it didn't freeze anymore.

Zzyyzx
01-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I sync my gmail, corporate sync and another email, facebook and a few various widgets. Spend a little time on the internet and games each day. My standard battery was lasting 8-10 hours before getting to 30%. I just got my extended battery and have been using it for about two days. Last night when I plugged in my phone after about 16 hours, I was still at 50%. Granted, didn't have too much time using other programs, but still not bad at all. Dropping to 90% quickly isn't much of a concern from what I've read.

I'm un-rooted (for now).

mikeytoth
01-15-2011, 07:37 PM
just picked mine up today and put it in after I left verizon. It charged in the cardock and it seems to not give me the battery i was looking for. i don't have the phones brightness on high. And i never leave bluetooth on, only when Im in the car driving. And always use wifi when at home. wtf? was it a waste of money?

Snow02
01-15-2011, 08:33 PM
You need a couple charge/discharge cycles for it to calibrate.