PDA

View Full Version : Verizon changing return policy - Now 14 days

Garemlin
01-08-2011, 08:55 AM
More changes from VZW. After changing their upgrady policy it looks like they are changing their return policy. No more 30 day tryout period. Looks like now you only get a 14 day test drive.

Verizon to cut return policy to 14 days effective Jan 16th | Android Central (http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-cut-return-policy-14-days-effective-jan-16th)

greevedogg
01-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Ouch!

Dustin0308
01-08-2011, 09:38 AM
I remember the days where verizons selling point was customer satisfaction...now it is rule the air....whatever happened to the good ol days?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

midwaymonster
01-08-2011, 10:06 AM
These kind of decisions are signaling their downfall already and they don't even know it.

Dustin0308
01-08-2011, 10:11 AM
You got that right...verizon is fine the way they are now...maybe the could lower their prices some..but they are fine..don't try to fix something that isn't broken

These kind of decisions are signaling their downfall already and they don't even know it.

skennelly
01-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I remember when I signed on with vzw almost 10yrs ago. I came from spint and fell in love w/ vzw's customer care. Upon ending a conversation w/ CS they would say "and THANK YOU for being a vzw customer". May not seem like much, but I appreciate knowing that they "genuinly" wanted to heep my business.

Today, different story. Vzw has gotten too big for their britches. My wife & I considered sprint before getting the x & inc. Told a store rep this thinking I might get a case or charger out of them(nothing big) to stay. She told me "that's fine, you'll be back. We see it all the time, spint is horrble." May be true, I can't say/don't know. But as a salesman, I know you don't earn business by bad mouthing the competion.

Long story short, it upset me to stay w/vzw. I travel a lot and know my coverage w/vzw is fantastic, would hate to switch only to find I don't get reception. And I guess that's worth a few extra $'s/month. But when you forget about who is really keeping you in business(the customer) and start walking on them because you are a "giant" in the industry, then that is the beginning of the end.

PS- haven't had CS thank me in a long time. Next go around, I may be looking for device w/ an unlocked bootloader on a different network.

Garemlin
01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Downfall?? Hardly. Unfortunately in most parts of the US they have the best and most reliable coverage. If that weren't the case many people, myself included, would be on another carrier. I don't care for VZW holier than thou pricing and their constant policy changes. I was on AT&T for many years and only dumped them because their coverage went downhill. I'd go back to them or switch to Sprint if they had good reliable coverage where I need it.

mikeinrichmond
01-08-2011, 11:10 AM
More changes from VZW. After changing their upgrady policy it looks like they are changing their return policy. No more 30 day tryout period. Looks like now you only get a 14 day test drive.

Verizon to cut return policy to 14 days effective Jan 16th | Android Central (http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-cut-return-policy-14-days-effective-jan-16th)

What, are they afraid of all the iPhone returns they are gonna get once folks see they won't have LTE on them like the Bionic and Thunderbolt? LOL..;)

skennelly
01-08-2011, 11:40 AM
What, are they afraid of all the iPhone returns they are gonna get once folks see they won't have LTE on them like the Bionic and Thunderbolt? LOL..;)

I wouldn't be surprised if these new policies were not a direct influence from apple for vzw to have the "privelege" of carrying the iphone. Just a thought.

mikeinrichmond
01-08-2011, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if these new policies were not a direct influence from apple for vzw to have the "privelege" of carrying the iphone. Just a thought.

Well, Apple's policy is still 30 days for returns, but you still have to cancel your service within 14 days from Verizon...

midwaymonster
01-08-2011, 12:30 PM
With Verizon getting bigger and bigger... you can expect to see more of this type of behavior from them. They don't care about customer service and really haven't for a long time. I was just on the phone with them a couple nights ago trying to get an upgrade straightened out that THEY screwed up. Their initial response was that I screwed up my account and not them. I finally got past the foolish little twit that answered the phone and got a supervisor... he straightened it all out. Offered a simple apology, but didn't really care too much. Felt like he was just going through the motions.

As Americans...this is what we can expect from not just Verizon, but most companies we have to deal with. Sad days.

psychotic_penguin
01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
+1 to midwaymonster, this is the way it is we brought this on ourselves.

Dustin0308
01-08-2011, 12:51 PM
This is true..but money talks..and with people having no money these days..I could see verizon losing many of their loyal customers..just my thoughts

Downfall?? Hardly. Unfortunately in most parts of the US they have the best and most reliable coverage. If that weren't the case many people, myself included, would be on another carrier. I don't care for VZW holier than thou pricing and their constant policy changes. I was on AT&T for many years and only dumped them because their coverage went downhill. I'd go back to them or switch to Sprint if they had good reliable coverage where I need it.

royolpunk
01-08-2011, 01:10 PM
With Verizon getting bigger and bigger... you can expect to see more of this type of behavior from them. They don't care about customer service and really haven't for a long time. I was just on the phone with them a couple nights ago trying to get an upgrade straightened out that THEY screwed up. Their initial response was that I screwed up my account and not them. I finally got past the foolish little twit that answered the phone and got a supervisor... he straightened it all out. Offered a simple apology, but didn't really care too much. Felt like he was just going through the motions.

As Americans...this is what we can expect from not just Verizon, but most companies we have to deal with. Sad days.

It really depends on what rep you get in their customer service. Some of them will be extremely compassionate with your problems, some of them don't give a s***, they're just there for the money. The other day I was on the phone to replace my defective Droid x and the rep immediately said sorry sorry we'll send you one right now. I was amazed at how fast it was,took less tthen 5 minutes to get things settled(with wait). But overall I think tmobile has the best customer service.

skennelly
01-08-2011, 07:42 PM
But overall I think tmobile has the best customer service.

That's because they are not #1. Everyone has great customer when they are trying to get to to the top. Once there, they crap on us.

Dustin0308
01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
+1

That's because they are not #1. Everyone has great customer when they are trying to get to to the top. Once there, they crap on us.

fasthair
01-08-2011, 08:11 PM
I left US Cell after being with them since 1986 because I wanted this phone so bad! So far the times I've dealt with a in store people it's 1 good 1 bad. I can honestly say I never had a bad thing about US Cell service or support. They now have couple nice Android phones but nothing like this bad dad. I kind of miss my little network that could. They were just to slow to get Android and once I played with this phone it was all over, I switched. I just hope they don't make me regret it. I will say that I'll never sign up for two years from now on after that last upgrade policy change.

fasthair

Fasteddie7
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Gotta be for the iphone. I'm thinking they are gonna stick unsuspecting people who switch from an android not realizing they had the better phone all along until they are stuck with the iphone. At&t did similar things with cutting early upgrades and shortening time to exchange. I think it's more the apple machine at work more than verizon.

didiwags
01-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Gotta be for the iphone. I'm thinking they are gonna stick unsuspecting people who switch from an android not realizing they had the better phone all along until they are stuck with the iphone. At&t did similar things with cutting early upgrades and shortening time to exchange. I think it's more the apple machine at work more than verizon.

Totally agree!!!

nolanrupp
01-11-2011, 01:42 PM
I remember when I signed on with vzw almost 10yrs ago. I came from spint and fell in love w/ vzw's customer care. Upon ending a conversation w/ CS they would say "and THANK YOU for being a vzw customer". May not seem like much, but I appreciate knowing that they "genuinly" wanted to heep my business.

Today, different story. Vzw has gotten too big for their britches. My wife & I considered sprint before getting the x & inc. Told a store rep this thinking I might get a case or charger out of them(nothing big) to stay. She told me "that's fine, you'll be back. We see it all the time, spint is horrble." May be true, I can't say/don't know. But as a salesman, I know you don't earn business by bad mouthing the competion.

Long story short, it upset me to stay w/vzw. I travel a lot and know my coverage w/vzw is fantastic, would hate to switch only to find I don't get reception. And I guess that's worth a few extra $'s/month. But when you forget about who is really keeping you in business(the customer) and start walking on them because you are a "giant" in the industry, then that is the beginning of the end.

PS- haven't had CS thank me in a long time. Next go around, I may be looking for device w/ an unlocked bootloader on a different network.

That's was commission will do to a person. Try an authorized retailer they are usually much nicer. Not so driven by the sale.

joeyjackpot
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
i sometimes feel like, maybe i'm crazy because i'm the only one that thinks of stuff like this but ... if we know this phone is coming out Feb 10... and we know that OUR phone and a bunch of older models have EOL on 3/11/11... that means that all those shiney new 4G phones will be coming out BEFORE 3/11/11... and they don't want 308350835 iPhone returns in that period... the things companies will do to accommodate f-cking apple.

here's the time table:

Feb 10: iPhone 4 on verizon, 9 months late. Hooray(?)
Feb 24: End of return period for first day launches
First week of march (4 days later): all other "Q1 2011" verizon smartphones start arriving
March 11: EOL for our device and it's classmates

This gives apple a full week to sell phones that will NOT be eligible for return once the CES announced products come out.

Everything is quiet. Upgrade changes, return policy changes, iphone 4 announcements - all very quiet. suspiciously quiet. they want people to do ALL the talking. because alllllll people are going to do now is pit Iphone against iPhone when in reality they're both 9 months old.

It's so tightly choreographed it's maddening.

joeyjackpot
01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I used this analogy on a friend. The 9 month old iPhone 4 arriving on verizon is like finding a stale big mac at wendy's. Sure, it might seem exciting to be able to buy a big mac at wendy's, but do you really want a stale big mac just because you found it on wendy's menu? I can't think of a better way to explain this. The device is ancient, technologically speaking. This is like if Sprint released the Droid Incredible next month (pretend the model had been exclusive to Verizon). the world would usher a collective, "who cares?". It's the picture of an apple on the back and the verizon logo on the front that is the only excitement. and believe they kept you waiting. we are the only country to not have the iphone on multiple carriers.

maddog0331
01-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I left Verizon in 05 due to their CS being rude to just replace a battery for the old Motorola razor. I had Tmobile for five years and their CS is great but their coverage is not that great. Where I work and spend like 90% of my time in any given week the reception is not good which let me to switch phones like a mad man because they were claiming that it was the phones that I was using. I'm back with Verizon now and the reception is a little better than with Tmobile, but at least for me CS has a lot to do with customers staying or leaving. We all have a limit to put up with stuff but after a while if your problem is not fixed not too many people will be willing to put up with it.

Sent from my DROIDX

didiwags
01-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I think the 14 days is for tablets not for phones! If you look at the new iphone ad on Verizon it says phones 30 days, tablets 14!!!

royolpunk
01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I think the 14 days is for tablets not for phones! If you look at the new iphone ad on Verizon it says phones 30 days, tablets 14!!!

No their changing it for both phones and tablets.

didiwags
01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
^^ but the supposed change is before the iphone is released! Why would they say 30 days on the ad if it will be changing before it is released?

Then again, maybe my location is why! Some states have laws for return policies!

skennelly
01-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I used this analogy on a friend. The 9 month old iPhone 4 arriving on verizon is like finding a stale big mac at wendy's. Sure, it might seem exciting to be able to buy a big mac at wendy's, but do you really want a stale big mac just because you found it on wendy's menu? I can't think of a better way to explain this. The device is ancient, technologically speaking. This is like if Sprint released the Droid Incredible next month (pretend the model had been exclusive to Verizon). the world would usher a collective, "who cares?". It's the picture of an apple on the back and the verizon logo on the front that is the only excitement. and believe they kept you waiting. we are the only country to not have the iphone on multiple carriers.

Very well put & I agree, but I think the real hype is the iphone on a great network. I really think the majority of purchases will be from disgruntled att customers & those that wanted the iphone but not att service. Only problem w/that is they will be coming to a cdma network and they can't use their phone the same way they did w/att.

royolpunk
01-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Very well put & I agree, but I think the real hype is the iphone on a great network. I really think the majority of purchases will be from disgruntled att customers & those that wanted the iphone but not att service. Only problem w/that is they will be coming to a cdma network and they can't use their phone the same way they did w/att.

Yeah the big mishap is that the att iphone is gsm so they can just switch around their sim cards whenever they want. The cdma iphone is only 3G, so it wont have a sim card slot. :P

skennelly
01-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Yeah the big mishap is that the att iphone is gsm so they can just switch around their sim cards whenever they want. The cdma iphone is only 3G, so it wont have a sim card slot. :P

Plus w/cdma, there's no data usage while you are on the phone.

joeyjackpot
01-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I read they were just going to put an external SD slot where the sim card slot went... that would piss off att users lol

joeyjackpot
01-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Plus w/cdma, there's no data usage while you are on the phone.

People keep saying this as of yesterday... but has this ever been a problem for someone? LOL. I only discovered it accidentally 4 days ago and I've had the phone since july... GPS on a call works... texting on a call works... wifi on a call works... just not 3g data... it's the ONE negative these newly minted ATT fanboys (?) are clinging to.

I tell anyone who is going on and on about how the ATT one will always be better are just the biggest fools. The whole point of this isn't to get everyone to switch between verizon and att, it's pepsi and coke, this reignites the war because for the first time in a long time, the EXACT same POPULAR model (with different tuners, of course) is going to be on two major networks. I think maybe the RAZR was the last one? So it's big. But I was just like, "you all look like idiots, i've heard you ***** about the worst service on the planet for the past 4 years. now we're getting the iphone and you want to go to bat for ATT like it's been good to you?" god people are just idiots! LOL

skennelly
01-12-2011, 09:54 AM
People keep saying this as of yesterday... but has this ever been a problem for someone? LOL. I only discovered it accidentally 4 days ago and I've had the phone since july... GPS on a call works... texting on a call works... wifi on a call works... just not 3g data... it's the ONE negative these newly minted ATT fanboys (?) are clinging to.

I tell anyone who is going on and on about how the ATT one will always be better are just the biggest fools. The whole point of this isn't to get everyone to switch between verizon and att, it's pepsi and coke, this reignites the war because for the first time in a long time, the EXACT same POPULAR model (with different tuners, of course) is going to be on two major networks. I think maybe the RAZR was the last one? So it's big. But I was just like, "you all look like idiots, i've heard you ***** about the worst service on the planet for the past 4 years. now we're getting the iphone and you want to go to bat for ATT like it's been good to you?" god people are just idiots! LOL

No way am I "going to bat" for att. I'm just making a point. For me personally, I would be fantastic to get data over 3g while on the phone. I am in sales & on the road all the time. I rarely have access to wifi. It would be great if I could do things like check the status of an order or look up an account history while on the phone with them. It can be annoying saying "let me look that up & I'll call you back". My father-in-law has the iphone w/att, believe me the coverage SUCKS, unless your are in a major city. He lives 20 minutes outside a city of 350k people and can't get 3g at home. Sign me up.

Just sayin'

sinclac
01-15-2011, 01:54 PM

It wont apply in California.

royolpunk
01-15-2011, 05:18 PM
It wont apply in California.

LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS? YESS!!!!!!!

sinclac
01-15-2011, 11:11 PM
LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS? YESS!!!!!!!

Yep T-Mobile is 14 day except in California the state requires them to give us 30 days.

royolpunk
01-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Yep T-Mobile is 14 day except in California the state requires them to give us 30 days.

Why?

sinclac
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Why?

Don't know why, just know it to be the case.
When i was with t-mobile i called about returning a phone and they said i only had 14 days, then asked where i lived when i told them Ca they said oh then you have 30 days to return it it's a Ca requiement.

eric eakin
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Yay CA!

DroidDoes
01-26-2011, 10:10 AM

Today, different story. Vzw has gotten too big for their britches. My wife & I considered sprint before getting the x & inc. Told a store rep this thinking I might get a case or charger out of them(nothing big) to stay. She told me "that's fine, you'll be back. We see it all the time, spint is horrble." May be true, I can't say/don't know. But as a salesman with coupons (http://www.valpak.com/coupons/home) , I know you don't earn business by bad mouthing the competion.

Yeah, I don't necessarily think because they say that, they mean it. They just want your money. They don't care about us. I'm actually on sprint and have no complaints. You can't beat the all data plan either at 69.99. I would actually consider going to straight talk if they got some good phones. I'm certainly a fan of keeping the bills low.

DoctorCool
02-20-2011, 04:44 PM
I got a Droid Pro and kept it for three days. I couldn't use the keyboard. I got a Droid X replacement last Monday and they told me it was a one time return policy.
Did I do the right thing or should I have gotten the I Phone 4?
I'm ticked off that the HDML dose not work as I expected even with the Real HDML app..
I come from a back ground of hacking on the Moto Q and the Napoleon. Any comment would be appreciated.

Dvan
02-20-2011, 05:54 PM
I got a Droid Pro and kept it for three days. I couldn't use the keyboard. I got a Droid X replacement last Monday and they told me it was a one time return policy.
Did I do the right thing or should I have gotten the I Phone 4?
I'm ticked off that the HDML dose not work as I expected even with the Real HDML app..
I come from a back ground of hacking on the Moto Q and the Napoleon. Any comment would be appreciated.

So what exactly is wrong with the hdmi

1.23ghz/Apex 1.4

DoctorCool
02-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I start playing a vevo file, after five seconds it stops. Unplug the HDMI cable and restart the file and it will play the complete file. Looks like they disabled HDMI like Blockbuster.

Dvan
02-21-2011, 07:14 AM
I start playing a vevo file, after five seconds it stops. Unplug the HDMI cable and restart the file and it will play the complete file. Looks like they disabled HDMI like Blockbuster.

Certain drm protected files can't be played correctly via hdmi

1.23ghz/Apex 1.4

Backnblack
02-21-2011, 08:25 AM

Only user created content can be played with via HDMI output.

WugFresh
02-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Argh.. More VZW tyranny. I really wish we lived in a true competitive market, these sort of policies changes would not go over well. Verizon made this decision after calculating their market share and what they can get away with... guess what, they can get away with it. Too bad for us consumers. On the bright side, I don't think I have any reasons to return this awesome android phone, they could give me one day... LOL.

{{ WugFresh }}