PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Seidio Rugged Combo....it's BIG.

jumphour
01-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I got a 30% off coupon at a website, and thought I'd buy this case for my DX. I have the Verizon-branded case/holster, which I really like, since I wear it on my belt all the time (I don't like stuff in my pockets....just money). The Verizon one is pretty big with both pieces, but this Seidio one is a BEAST.

It's really big and very heavy with all the pieces put together. I wish I had a scale to weigh it with the phone in it. It has a snap-on rubbery-textured case, followed by a silicone one with cut-outs and flaps for the ports. I had to cut a slit in the bottom corner of that one, to put my wrist-strap through (because I'm still nervous using the camera without it). The snap-on case has a hole for it, but nothing else does. Then there's a plastic frame that snaps over the silicone thing. THEN there's the holster, which is very big, with the belt clip and a very secure, lockable release on the top.

It really was overkill for me. I do like the build quality of the whole thing. And I'm sure I'll get some use out of it when I'm REALLY paranoid about breaking it. Though I have a desk job, so I'm not sure when that'll be! But I don't plan on going to Dubai and hurling it off the Burj Khalifa anytime soon. But I bet the thing would actually survive. :p